• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.10 Wii Fit Changes: First Buffs Ever?!

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
These buffs really help out Wii Fit a lot. I mean a lot. We get Header mixups now? And you know what else is better? An up/down/forward smash powered by Deep Breathing can KO a Sheik around 80 percent.

You know, I'll admit, besides the miscellaneous stuff, most characters in general have received good buffs.

Last edited:

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
Sweeping salutaion heals 3% now and super armor on voltile breathing is stronger too. It can be used as a combo breaker now.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Wow. Wii Fit Trainer finally got some good buffs. Of all the characters I play, Wii Fit Trainer has always been the best for me in terms of my win/loss ratio. Can't wait to give her another shot with these changes.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
So we finally got the fixes we deserved and the rest are just nice touches. I'm pretty curious does the ladder combo work the same and does it kill earlier for example N-air -> N-air -> Uair?

Last edited:

BOB R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
I'm just gonna say that it's really nice for WFT to get buffed finally. Also you guys gave me some AT to mess with, the canceled header set-ups seem fun. I'm really glad she/he is better. And Ganon buffs happened so I'm also stocked. And no R.O.B. nerfs a good patch for me. The silly thing is I'm kinda more pumped about Sun Salutation healing 1% more, I love healing...even though it's not that much.

BOB R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
Actually I may have lied. Being able to grab people might be the best thing. It's a Fitness Miracle.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman

As a disclaimer, I don't main or use either characters competitively. I don't know if this is new info or if everyone knows this already, but I noticed it and thought it was kinda cool. I know people know that her grab reaches lower, but I dunno if people know that she can grab G&W when he is crouching.

Also, I was controlling both players at the same time, so the gameplay is a little awkward.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
An up/down/forward smash powered by Deep Breathing can KO a Sheik around 80 percent.
80% is pretty suboptimal. If you're going to be popping db you should be going for jab and nair since they're the safest and can lead to kills at 50% and below. Not much lower than before but we'll take it.

The nair hitbox buff should make it much more reasonable to fish for now and seems safe on shield when well spaced.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
80% is pretty suboptimal. If you're going to be popping db you should be going for jab and nair since they're the safest and can lead to kills at 50% and below. Not much lower than before but we'll take it.

The nair hitbox buff should make it much more reasonable to fish for now and seems safe on shield when well spaced.
Ok, maybe my example was a bad one, but the point is that Wii Fit's smashes KO more reliably AND they have more range.

Remember the times when up smash would whiff even when adjacent to the opponent?

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Her usmash still does that lol. It hits higher now, but I haven't noticed much change on it's horizontal hitbox. Maybe next patch they'll finally put implement her setup hitbox and make it the scariest landing trap in the game.

In other news, I still seem to be suffering from placeboitus. Nair feels like it recovers faster but I've been chalking this up to KBG increase helping shield stun. Reverse-ftilt>uair combos also seem much easier to do. Are we sure we got all off the changes?

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
So the new DP buff is 1,20 the first time then come back to normal. That combined with the various aerial buff make Uair and Bair super scary lol.

SpScarecrow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4699-7829-1600
So we finally got the fixes we deserved and the rest are just nice touches. I'm pretty curious does the ladder combo work the same and does it kill earlier for example N-air -> N-air -> Uair?
Ladder Combo still works. I was able to do Nair Nair Nair Header for 65% on Ganon.

I just realised an amazing use for the new header cancel. If an opponent is offstage, cancel the header for an 100% guaranteed header spike. Maybe it was possible before but even then the header cancel was probably too laggy for it to be reliable, but NOW IT IS RELIABLE! Omg, today has just been too good.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Ugh, I can't wait to get home and have a long Smash session with my friends. I want to feel them WFT buffs <3 I still can't believe our grab range has been fixed.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Another interesting note: All rolls and dodges have had their invulnerability reduced by one frame.

This makes air/spotdodges even more susceptible to header and SS traps.

edit:whoops looks like airdodges were untouched but spotdodges were? Weird.

I guess they figured baiting airdodges was strong enough?

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
So what you're saying is that Sun Salutation and Header are now more reliable tech chase tools?

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Yep.

Header more so for airdodge traps, because they have to choose between challenging a disjointed aerial that comes out in 6 frames or airdodging and risking header. Both have KBG increased so they hit harder and kill earlier.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Sweeeet. It feels good to be a Wii Fit main. Not that playing her before was any different however.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Articles were added to the data dump. Looks like all suns got BKB buffs too.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Another interesting note: All rolls and dodges have had their invulnerability reduced by one frame.

This makes air/spotdodges even more susceptible to header and SS traps.
:O They actually listened. That gives me so much more hope for the game than any character buff/nerf ever could. Shield regen time just needs a small tweek in the future and we're golden. Based Nintendo.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Hopefully this means that characters like Marth will continue getting the buffs they need.

LyonelNoale

Smash Cadet
THE GRAB BUFFS THO

AHHHHH

THE FORWARD SMASH'S LARGER HITBOX

AHWPOAIJ$@#PIJ#AAAAAA

WII FIT TRAINER YEEEUUUSSSSSSSSSSS

ahhhhhhhhh O_o is this a dream??? oh praise lord sakurai

Caterpillor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9928-7747
As I was sayiing in another that patch is great. Fixing that wonky f-smash/grab and giving us some new options.

The only bad point is the Villager MU cause he can get the ball back in his pocket after throwing it on shield/body

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
I almost wanna make love to this buff.. but i can't cheat on my robin and frogadierbuffs :D

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
I know this might sound stupid but does the improve range on her nair help us beat other areials?

If thats the case we could have the strongest punish game for example against a mario like around 70% with deep breathing active you could simply perform a Nair-Uair which would kill pretty early and even earlier on town and city and halberd.

Also i wasn't fully sure how early it killed before the buffs with the whole Deep breathing buff and the KBG on aerials.

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Maybe. I'm not sure exactly. N-air does have some good priority, but may not beat out aerials like Falcon's B-air for instance. Once again, don't quote me on this.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I know this might sound stupid but does the improve range on her nair help us beat other areials?

If thats the case we could have the strongest punish game for example against a mario like around 70% with deep breathing active you could simply perform a Nair-Uair which would kill pretty early and even earlier on town and city and halberd.

Also i wasn't fully sure how early it killed before the buffs with the whole Deep breathing buff and the KBG on aerials.
Not stupid at all. We've gotta test these things.

I do know that uair and utilt well spaced beat anything Mario can use coming down.

edit: looking at the data I actually don't see any changes to nair's hitbox size so I don't know where #'s got that. The second hitbox however is 7.0 compared to uair's 5.0 so it should be possible either way.

Last edited:

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if any tried this yet with the ball lasting longer you can create a high damaging grab if you leave the ball in black and pummeled them with the ball near the active hitbox.
Which could be great if your opponent love doing normal get up on ledges

Shellderp13

Smash Rookie
NNID
lapiandr
3DS FC
1865-1991-2518
Wii Fit finally got a buff that will finally make people recognize her as a viable character. many happy.

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
Do we know exactly how big the Nair hitbox is now? It would be really good to have a before and after for comparison. I personally haven't noticed a change so I'm assuming the "new" hitbox isn't that much larger then the original.

Question (may be dumb, sorry!!) What will this larger hitbox on Nair help with? What does this change mean?

Top Bottom