• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.10 Wii Fit Changes: First Buffs Ever?!

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I'll list the confirmed while we discuss below.

data dump by dantarion is HERE
raw diffs by dantarion is HERE
char data by thinkaman is HERE
human anatomy by indigo jeans is HERE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Utilt - damaged increased from 8 to 10

Fsmash - hitbox sizes increased

Usmash - hitbox size increased, KBG increased, KBG increased by 2 on all hitboxes

Dsmash - damage increased from 10/8 12/10, KBG increased 107→110

Nair - KGB increased by 2 on all hitboxes

Fair - KBG increased by 2 on all hitboxes

Bair - KBG increased by 2 on all hitboxes

Uair- KBG increased by 2 on all hitboxes

Dair - knockback growth increased by 2, late hit base knockback increased

Standing grab, Dash Grab, Pivot Grab - hitbox lowered

Header - KBG increased by 1 on all hitboxes and custom variations

Header Cancel recovery drastically reduced

Header(ball) health increased

Default and Sweeping Sun healing buffed by 1%

All Sun Bullet projectiles BKB increased by 1

Deep Breathing buffed (something around an additional .30%)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possible/Unconfirmed Changes

Nair hitbox 1 size increased
Ftilt IASA frames lowered/ or animation shortened
Header landing recovery reduced
Steady Breathing and Volatile Breathing altered

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Reposted from the other thread:

AttackHi3 - damaged increased from 8 to 10
AttackS4S - hitbox size increased
AttackHi4 - hitbox size increased
AttackLw4 - damage increased from 10/8 to 12/10
AttackAirN - 1st hit hitbox size increased, 2nd hit knockback growth increased
AttackAirF - both hitboxes base knockback and knockback growth increased
AttackAirB - normal hit and late hit increased base knockback
AttackAirHi - knockback growth increased
AttackAirLw - knockback growth increased, late hit base knockback increased
Catch, CatchDash, CatchTurn - something changed but I can't tell what
SpecialSHeading - knockback growth increased

And of course, Header cancels have way less landing lag, and Sun Salutation heals 2 now! Very nice.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I think there's a thread translating those terms but based on what I've already tested and confirmed above we can gauge what the majority of these are.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Here I went ahead and translated them. Enjoy!:

Sun Salutation: Heals 2% instead of 1%
Header Cancel: Significantly lower landing lag

Utilt: Damage: 8 --> 10
Dsmash: Damage 10/8 --> 12/10

Header(unsure if this is the ball or the head), Uair, Dair, Nair(2nd hit), Fair: Increased Knockback Growth
Fair, Bair, Dair(late): Increased Base Knockback
Fsmash, Usmash, Nair(1st hit): Hitbox size increased

Grab, Dash Grab, Pivot Grab: something changed...?

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
If nothing else we have a legitimate approach now. (:

I should bump and revamp the header thread since you can use header cancels in neutral now.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Wait, is this the Header Cancel as in the short hop-side B version, or is it the Side B-shield button version?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man the buffs for Wii Fit are getting good

Arean

Smash Ace
Wait, is the Header Cancel as in the short hop-side B version, or is it the Side B-shield button version?
Shield version. The ball is easier to hit now since it stays out longer too. Ftilt sends it diagonally upward then downsmash makes it slide along the floor.

Edit: I might be wrong with the ball staying out longer.

Last edited:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
This is a pretty solid buff! I can't believe they actually improved some hitboxes.

Arean

Smash Ace
Nevermind, the ball is easier to hit now because the animation of landing is shorter (where they raise both hands after cancelling the header) giving more time for you to hit.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
No the animation is shorter but the ball also stays out longer now. Tested myself and you can do things like SH header into header now.

The cancel animation would have no effect on SH header.

Arean

Smash Ace
If the ball stays out longer shouldn't the ball bounce more? Im uploading a video for comparison so I'll post once it's done

Edit:

Pre patch

Post patch

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Not necessarily. In the early days I had a theory that the ball had a health system that was slow going down on a timer like poison in an rpg. By the same means getting hit (or hitting something in this case) would decrease it's hp which is why hitting someone with the ball would cause it to die and the same thing would happen if it got stuck in the stage or had to bounce along it.

By my theory this buff would equate to an def increase so the timer is still the same, your hp is still the same, but the damage you take from attacks is lower meaning you(the ball) can take more hits and survive longer than you would if you took more damage.

Make sense?

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Finally, now I don't have to set up jab/Ftilt Headers from nearly offstage to avoid getting punished!

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Finally, now I don't have to set up jab/Ftilt Headers from nearly offstage to avoid getting punished!
Seriously. Feels good man.

Jab cancels against ledge options now get even more charge now and can function as trump baits.

This is probably a placebo but nair feels faster on recovery.

I can confirm that nair and fsmash have slightly bigger hitboxes now. As well all three meteors being increased in knockback.
Usmash I haven't really noticed, horizontally but the sweetspot seems bigger so it should be easier to get the 18% now.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I'm so happy...of course I'm away on a trip so I can't try this out. I'm going to have to seriously update our combo guide!

We actually got what we asked for. Healing, hitboxes, knockback AND landing lag buffs!? Please guys, don't complain about this so that WFT doesn't get Greninja'd/Diddy'd.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
-----Back air confirmed to have a slight buff.

Mario in the middle of Final Destination on both Wii U's.

Pre-patch Mario died to back air at 127%

New patch Mario died to back air at 124%

Not much of a difference, but hey it's stronger lol

-----Fair(hand) got buffed too!

Mario on the top platform of battlefield on both Wii U's

Pre-patch Mario died to fair(hand) at 189%

New Patch Mario died to fair(hand) at 185%

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Header Cancel is my new favorite landing mixup. OMG it's SO GOOD.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
A change being a placebo refers to the Placebo Effect, which is when a person incorrectly thinks something changed simply because they were looking for/expecting a change.

I'm a bit out of the loop.

What exactly is "jab header"?

Last edited:

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman

A WFT AT.

Using cancelled header (the shield version), followed by a fast fall and then using whatever move to hit the ball that's at your feet. Using a jab to hit the ball is called "jab header."

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord

A WFT AT.

Using cancelled header (the shield version), followed by a fast fall and then using whatever move to hit the ball that's at your feet. Using a jab to hit the ball is called "jab header."
I see. I noticed that when I jab the ball, the ball doesn't have a hitbox.

What is this AT used for?

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Actually, you can check the stickied WFT compendium thread to find an entire guide on how to use Header setups. It's extremely deep, and even more so now that the landing lag is reduced!

I usually use jab header as a fake out. I jab, run through the ball and punish their shield with a grab OR hit the ball with a dash attack if they dodge. The dash attack turns the ball back into a hitbox.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Actually, you can check the stickied WFT compendium thread to find an entire guide on how to use Header setups. It's extremely deep, and even more so now that the landing lag is reduced!

I usually use jab header as a fake out. I jab, run through the ball and punish their shield with a grab OR hit the ball with a dash attack if they dodge. The dash attack turns the ball back into a hitbox.
Ah, I see. Thank you kindly.

I'll check that thread out.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Found out what the grab changes were. Hitbox was lowered.

OP updated with some values.

Also, @ Shady Penguin Shady Penguin , jab header has two versions. One is a fake out that doubles the damage on follow ups. The other creates an active hitbox for approaching and zoning.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Did WFT whiff on grabbing anyone when both are just standing? Who would we want to test on to see the extent of the change?

Also the Sun Salutation healing buff is legit. WFT's healing was a small but not inconsequential advantage before, and they almost doubled it (since it's unchanged on Deep Breathing, but DB is used significantly less often).

Great that they fixed a fair bit of her hitbox and grab issues. Extra knockback is not what I would've asked for first, but still appreciated.

Just was on FG with WFT. Not sure if it's placebo, or the fact that it seemed like there were worse players on than usual for this time of night (definitely a lot more Ganondorfs too), but it did seem easier to get the kills.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
WFT didn't whiff anything on standing opponents but usmash.

Her issues came about when dealing with recovery animations which prevented her from punishing things optimally.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
WFT didn't whiff anything on standing opponents but usmash.

Her issues came about when dealing with recovery animations which prevented her from punishing things optimally.
Pikachu, Peach, Kirby, DHD...The revenge will be sweet.

SpScarecrow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4699-7829-1600
Due to Header Cancel lasting longer, we can now go for bare Header spikes. Header cancel dash attack jump Header is a setup now. Or course they can air dodge or the knock back might be too great but in theory it's not bad.

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
Just played WFT on FG just now and it was great, she seems smoother now and the kill potential feels much sooner than before. Overall it feels like a great buff and should help out quite a bit, I'm pretty stoked.

One odd thing I felt though... does the downward angling from delaying the input of the Header seem like it was changed? I could swear in the past I could sort of let it angle downward a good ways just by delaying the hit, but now it seems to have a lot more horizontal movement than before, I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Whoa, look at all these buffs! Good for us :D Bad for Kirbys everywhere...

Top Bottom