• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/10/09 - Game Table, Mineola NY

GodotAA

Smash Ace
pretty much we got mad lame people who dont wanna go cause they fail at driving in the snow. we are going imm already calling people and im planing on going to hofstra by 11 - 11:30 then heading to gametable. Thats the plan.

R3N0

Smash Lord
omg... joe ive never in a million years expected you to be SOOOOOOOOO into smash lol.. all from playing smash in the game room lol~~
=p

go joe=p.

ill see u today.

Gumshoe

Smash Rookie
yeah i'll bring a tv (albeit a pretty **** small one), brawl, melee and a wii. i also had a van full of people goin but some backed down, so now it's down to 3. oh well; if this thing isn't up to snuff as it would've been due to stupid snow scares, there's always that castle golf one too

whut?

Smash Journeyman
**** the snow, but some other things came up, too bad, i swear i'll be at the next one though!!!!
Everyone should go to castle golf on the 17th, i hear there will be sluts and drugs there.

this is why i quit brawl. peopel complaining about prices for a tournament.... not a weekly or bi weekly.
I didn't mean to complain about the fees BTW, i am willing to pay for something i enjoy, these prices are within reason...
who ever looks forward to giving away money though? we're all poverty stricken single mothers

Ryan-K

Smash Master
im going, sorry for being late everyone i had some gov't class competition to attend to, i probably wont enter any tournies but il play friendlies and possibly mms altho im kinda low on $$

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
wish i could have come, had work. Although on a positive note, Smashboards works at work now again : D

lol and get at D1 for randomly posting.

Also lol at Malcom and HBK and thier rants about people who go to hofstra. lol Ryan takes art classes on Tuesdays

Eaode

Smash Champion
LOL everyone, good ****.

Had a lot of fun, even though only played friendlies (only tourney match was vs. Bum & Mike, gg)

I'm disappointed I had to leave early, Morg's mom wasn't gonna come back to pick us up later >_>;;

But everyone we played Friendlies with, ggs guys, wish we coulda played you in tourney matches.

Camp(?) and Prog- you guys were raeping with double falcons, then Me and Morg came and won the first match and you realized you had to get serious lol. Four knees in a row is ****ing BRUTAL D:

R3no and Hazz(?) - lol you guys came in a beat Camp/Prog after we lost lol. Got some good friendlies with you guys too, although we got pretty *****. played a set and stuck in for two more matches cuz noone was paying attention xD

sorry I don't know who everybody is, hopefully I'll learn more people going to more tourns.

Bum and Mike- Good stuff. Second match was closer, but we got like 2stocked. Random *** matchup lol- Roy + Fox vs. DK + Fox wtf? it was fun.

G$ - good **** too, your Falco (you were playing Falco right?) was a beast in doubles, fun stuff.

CopyCat- I didn't play you but imma say ggs on behalf of my friend Chris.

Who was the Peach/Falco that I randomly teamed up with? That was fun too. Lol I must have looked so nerdy around you guys xD

the guys who played Doc and Zelda - good stuff (ZELDA?) keep playin' and improvin'.

Lol I'm kinda glad we didn't get to do that mm Ryan, I saw you ****** Falco on FD with Falcon- dayumz, put that advice in action! Prolly would have been fun though. Lol Morg suggested that we ask you about impersonating one of use w/ someone else to get you into doubles for free, but we decided against it cuz you'd get in mad trouble :/

Everyone else who played Melee - You guys are awesome. Chillin' in the basement was soo fun, everytime I went upstairs the people watching Brawl were so quiet and it was just boring up there. Everyone in the basement was laughin and having a good time. Even when I got ***** and the whole room cheered, I'd cheer along with them, it was just a LOT of fun. Lol the tv with the note on it that said "No Trips" was TOO GOOD.

And now for the Negatives. I think the tourney could have been run better. Brawl was run first and was taking forever (although this was probably due to mad Melee peepz coming late so w/e), so I had to leave early and only played one tourney match all day, and had to get a refund for singles and leave. also, it looked like people just forgot about Melee and stopped calling matches: at least two of the three setups were just playing friendlies and like 30 minutes after our match, I didn't see where Morg and I had moved to in the bracket.

Which leads me to my next point; in addition to being poorly organized, Ch33s3 was actually pretty rude to me, which was really unnecessary. it seemed like the people running it were constantly going over brackets, but I didn't hear any more matches being called, like, what were you guys doin'? I'd have to think twice about going to another Ch33s3 tourney, sorry. (Also, the stage lists were still gay; I'm so glad I don't play Brawl. DK64 wasn't even unlocked on the tv that Bum and Mike played us on lol)

Brawl had like six setups and Melee had three. Here's a tiny idea from me, maybe just segregate the whole thing; All Brawl upstairs, all Melee downstairs (although this probably wouldn't fit the audience, but I notice so many people crowded around watching and waiting to play Melee and the Brawl setups downstairs were pretty isolated.)

Paying for Pizza was pretty BS; $2.50 a slice!? dayum, mad expensive, that's $20 you guys make off a pie, 24 for toppings >_<; although I got two slices only because I was hungry as ****.

NO JOHNS about the snow. I got my friend's MOM to drive us, and it was fine, you just gotta drive slow.

These small negatives aside, it was a REALLY fun day, I only wish I could have stayed a lot longer. ggs to everyone I played. My fox got so much better today, I may start Maining fox (I main Falcon, but my falcon is pretty garbsish).

GO MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

EDIT: I should stop preemptively scheduling mms, I always leave too early to do them :(

EDIT2: Morg's old pair of glasses saved my *** today, I couldn't see **** >_<

Leacero

Smash Lord
Which leads me to my next point; in addition to being poorly organized, Ch33s3 was actually pretty rude to me, which was really unnecessary. it seemed like the people running it were constantly going over brackets, but I didn't hear any more matches being called, like, what were you guys doin'? I'd have to think twice about going to another Ch33s3 tourney, sorry. (Also, the stage lists were still gay; I'm so glad I don't play Brawl. DK64 wasn't even unlocked on the tv that Bum and Mike played us on lol)

Brawl had like six setups and Melee had three. Here's a tiny idea from me, maybe just segregate the whole thing; All Brawl upstairs, all Melee downstairs (although this probably wouldn't fit the audience, but I notice so many people crowded around watching and waiting to play Melee and the Brawl setups downstairs were pretty isolated.)
Yeah, he's a pretty rude guy and plays Brawl only, so that's the reason why the Brawl portion got so much attention from the TO. It was obvious that he didn't really care about Melee at all. If it wasn't for r3no taking up the brackets and doing it himself, Melee singles/doubles probably wouldn't have finished at all.

Only 3 set ups for Melee? Really? And why were there two brawl TVs down there? Might as well just have all Melee for the basement.

Vanill4 - Cool teaming, since both our teammates are overseas or in outer space. CHAINTHROW INTO KLAPTRAP LOLZ.

Shine Mike - Nice getting 3rd in doubles with Bum! You did get better since the last tournament, so we should all keep it up!!

Private O'Malley (Jared) - Thanks for saying bye. :'(

Prog & Camp - Good sets guys! Good to see you again Wynton, hopefully we can all hang out sometime.

r3no - Thanks for actually getting the Melee tournaments rolling. It's a shame I couldn't play you and get 4 stocked today. =(

HBK - GGs, that Corneria match was just silly. Hopefully see you Hofstra folk at the next tournament we plan to go to so that we can finally get that crew match going!!

G$ - Thanks for owning me, it was a good experience. :)

RyanK - It's a shame we couldn't get any friendlies in, it would've helped me learn a lot. :(

Eaode/Morg - Good friendlies, although we only played 3. Hope to see you at the next one!

DaiAndOh/Malcom - Good teams set, you guys should have been in the Melee section more. =P

If I forgot anyone, sorry, I'm sleepy.

EDIT: Oh yeah.

DJN - Your bowser plush was cute. No homo.

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
Yeah, he's a pretty rude guy and plays Brawl only, so that's the reason why the Brawl portion got so much attention from the TO. It was obvious that he didn't really care about Melee at all. If it wasn't for r3no taking up the brackets and doing it himself, Melee singles/doubles probably wouldn't have finished at all.
I'll admit I didn't have the most favorable impression of him coming in, and I didn't really like the way everything was run, but to ch33s3's credit he was nice to me whenever I asked him what was going on in the brackets, he called out for some team at one point when I asked him to, etc.

If I forgot anyone, sorry, I'm sleepy.
:(

Brief list of shout-outs:

Leacero: Great job teaming dude. I was a little lackluster in some matches, and I'd love to team with you anytime you can and Ice isn't around. Good stuff in getting that silly game off HBK! xD

Shine Mike: I watched as many of your teams matches as I could, and you were definitely showing a lot more discipline. Some mistakes naturally, we all make them, but in general you played very safe and a lot smarter in teams. I know it's not your favorite thing in the world, but good stuff!

Ninjew (lol Jared what tag did you use?): Sorry you couldn't stay for Melee singles, woulda liked to watch your Jiggs pwn faces.

Deus: Didn't see you too much, mostly because you were busy with Brawl I guess, but AIM me if you wanna talk about anything from the tourney, and see ya at school!

Prog and Camp: Good games in the doubles tourney. I hate losing twice to the same person/team, but you guys definitely played great. Glad we got to play friendlies too. Prog, good stuff in singles. The first game at FD was absolute ****, but I bet ya didn't see Mute City coming. :-p Let me know anytime you can hang out and Smash.

DaiAndOh and Malcolm: Good teams set, and congrats on apparently owning Brawl Malcolm. Didn't expect one of you guys to actually stay Zelda, but good stuff.

I hope I didn't forget anyone important like a certain jerk teammate of mine.

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
???

No I'm pretty sure I got everyone...

(Gimme a break I'm tired :urg:)

EDIT: There!! Happy?!
Lol, just playin'. It's ironic that you don't do shout-outs to people you really know, yet I can be sarcastic and a jerk because I know you. :-p

R3N0

Smash Lord
Being melee, I felt so forgotten and ****. lol I took it upon myself to finish doubles + start melee singles. Otherwise nothing would've gotten done. Bum KEPT playing brawl matches and it was like a hugeeeeee bracket. Brawl also takes FOREVER. So I copied the brackets n started calling out matches.

------- OY
-------

Anyway, for melee top 3 were...
1. Reno
2. HBK
3. DJN

rest goes like this.

4. G$
5. Hazz
5. Copycat

rest is a blur---

Teams was...
1. Reno & HBK
2. Hazz & G$
3. Bum & Shine Mike

----------

that is all.

oh btw.. ok at first ch33s3, you were a real d!ck. after i started running brackets for melee, you became a little bit better. -_-'

yo for reals don't neglect melee. if you are gonna run it then run it properly i didn't like sitting in the basement for like 2 hours doing friendlies.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Maybe I did just wake up. Maybe. But good stuff, even if we were locked away in the basement like the Goonies. We had that pirate ship, all day. Without any more stalling, the most anticipated shoutouts.

1: reno - Way to hijack the tourney lol. But good job getting stuff organized like you were hosting it. Fun set, I think that was my first time actually playing you, but hell, was the most fun I've had since since watching epileptics on bubble wrap.
2: hbk - We never play. And I hope we never do. Too good.
3: DJ Nintendo - Way to be a beast in everything. I'm warning you, if I see you at SPOC and I have a NBA Jam setup, Reggie Miller will make it rain all day.
4: GMONEY - Quiet as hell all day, at least for you. I think that one lady downstairs was mad as hell at everybody. Didn't get any friendlies in, but good stuff as usual.
5: Hazz - Good set. Really wasn't looking forward to it, but what you said before/after got my confidence up. I gotta bring back Swagga Falco now.
7: Leacero - SB Crew, was awesome seeing you guys for the first time in...a year or so. Next time we'll get Friendly's, play some friendlies and befriend the friendless friendster. Great sets in teams, I'll see you guys in May? February? Next week?
9: Shine Mike - See Leacero. You and Bum, crazy mix. Good set in teams, and singles. Sorry about the whole partner thing, but you know how it gets.
9: Vanilla - See Leacero. I ban Mute City forever. And ever. And ever ever. Playing F-Zero? I ban Mute City. Choosing handicaps? I ban being mute. But yeah, you and the entire SB crew are a pleasure to hang out with and smash with. Really envy you all that you have actual...numbers, to get good representation in Melee. Keep it up, and we'll play again soon.

Bum - Haven't played you in ages, especially not in doubles, but whenever you have a grab, I'm just like uh oh. Next time, Tatsunoko. My Ryu/Polymer is a problem.

CanISmash -

lawl. PROG DO SOMETHING GOOD? YA YA YA PROG DO SOMETHING GOOD! I don't know what happened yesterday. You need to take notes for me , because I don't remember anything.

Ryan K - Dude, where have you been? You've been in your basement laboratory, studying, creating madness. And then you dyed your hair brown. I see what you did Dexter. But seriously, always fun, always learning stuff from you. And I've got a lot more to learn. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO KEEP CEREAL CRUNCHY IN MILK RYAN KELLOGG.

I definitely forgot people, but I don't remember much anyway, so if I forgot anyone, my fault. Good games all, good stuff. Take care until next time.

Top Bottom