• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

06/09/07 Cleveland, Ohio Area

FlipX

Smash Ace
Silhouette if I make it back in time for teams i might be able to team with you. It depends on if my asian buddy wants to team or not.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
there is no reg deadline, it was more of a convenience for the venu than anything this time around. Next tourny there will be a deadline though.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Hey phasion you wanna do me a favor and wait to start doubles until 5:15 and let the time in between doubles and singles be mm/free play time. Thats wat all the cool kids want to do =P

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
There's a reasonable chance my brother and I can make it to this. Not 100%, but the chance is there.

SciFiGuy - if your still taking MM's, $5 2/3?

Big R - I gotta get at least one match with my rival

Soap - I don't know if my bro wants to team with me or not; if he doesn't you got a partner?

BlindEyE - Any chance the rules can be twisted a bit: If I enter teams by myself - controlling two characters by myself (one with each hand) - can I only pay $15? I *won't* win, but for fairness sake due to the fact I only paid half what if I agree to be forced to forfeit the finals should I get there (HAH!)? I can't convince myself to drop another $15 bucks on a guaranteed loss, but I reaaaaaly wanna make a fool of myself. I can understand why I wouldn't be allowed to do this, but I figured no harm in asking.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
flip- i'll try my best to hold it, but most likely it'll just have to be luck on both parts if you make it on time. If we get enough people, singles should take 3 hours, so you should be good.

Paradigm- I don't know if that will work, i'll talk to BlindEye about it and see. The only problem that would erupt from it would be shifting the amount of money in the pot/people complaining/etc.

Remember everyone DOORS OPEN AT 1 P.M.!!! The venue sells snacks (candy, pop, energy drinks) so bring some extra cash. Also, they have plenty of PC's available to buy time on to use in between smashing if wanted.

Hope to see everyone there and if there are any questions/concerns post or PM me!

D20

Smash Lord
Can I enter doubles with a level 7 Pichu?

Megaman, I'll MM you. Best 2/3 for $5?

I'll MM anyone else, too.

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
D20: Sure, that works. Have I played with you before out in PA? I'm not sure if I recognize D20 or not, but it slightly sounds familiar. Maybe I'll know who you are when I see you there.

D20

Smash Lord
Juke, I'll MM you.

So, that gives me confirmed $5 MMs with...

ToP CaT
Megaman

Pending...

FlipX
Juke

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
redknight- nope, just make sure that you show up. You can register on the site if you want, but for this tourny, it's just a convenience to the venue so they have an idea of their numbers.

BlindEye- I'm giong to be stopping by tonight so we can make sure everythings setup and so I can get some practice in :)

soap

Smash Hero
oh snap, paradizzle, how you gettin to cleveland, i wasnt gona go, but if you're coming ill come and hang out

FlipX

Smash Ace
Ya ill mm you D20 along with mostly everyone else. Like i said before stick around til later because Ill be running late but hopefully at the latest by 5:30 ill be there to play.

Cryb

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be late (by like an hour to an hour and 1/2) so I'll miss doubles, which is fine, I don't have a partner anyway. But yeah, trying to wait for a friend of mine...

God_Voice

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be late (by like an hour to an hour and 1/2) so I'll miss doubles, which is fine, I don't have a partner anyway. But yeah, trying to wait for a friend of mine...
I hope this means that the doubles matches are first. I may be a little late. I'm also trying to wait for a friend.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Good tourney fellows. Here are some tasty shoutouts

4%-good job in teams
X- Good job in teams YEAH YUGGGZ
D20- you are cool
Soapy- it was fun playing with you and your sissy
Fur- fun teams
Juke- hooray for singles
MMX- good mm. I'll do another sometime if you would like to do that.
Goddess- please enter next time
Phasion- ty for running that thing dawg
Cryb-Good job beating me twice, I'll win sometime
anyone else- sorry for forgetting you
I best

D20

Smash Lord
Good times everyone.

Holy Crusaders... High fives! You guys are my heroes.
Soap... Was that your sister? If yes, is she available? J/K
Juke... Your lucky you caught Young Link on an off day. Good matches.
MMX... See the comment I left Juke.
Impp... Low tiers FTW!
Fur... I'm probably banning Mute City next time.
FlipX... Solid win, no johns.
Anyone else... Play me more.

I'll be seeing you guys on the 30th. Juke, I'm 4-stocking you.

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
I really liked this tournament, except I would've liked to run doubles with someone, lol.

Juke - VERY impressive Marth. I look forward to playing you soon.
D20 - Y. Link is a b*tch, haha. I had to resort to Sheik for that MM. It was cool talking to you.
Cryb - Wow, just wow. The matches I had with you were insane. I've never encountered someone with as much technical skill as you had. Great matches, man.
Fur - Good talking with you, man. Hope to play you soon.
4% - Where the hell were you in singles? lol. Like I guess I wasn't watching any of your matches, but geez, you smoked me in that MM. I'm surprised you didn't get 2nd place.
Phasion11 - Love you dude, haha. Good job keeping everyone entertained and great job running the tournament. I look forward to the next one.

Big_R

Smash Champion
What were the results? I will guess
1st Juke
2nd 4%

Idk why.

It really sucks that I couldn't go though. Tc myspaces me at like 7 n the morning I come to find out, and he says he just got home. :| I was supposed to pick him up the night before and we had a good plan, but I couldn't get a hold of him. Then he never called me the next morning... Then I didn't want to go alone and get lost or anything, and I kinda siked myself out like an idiot. Anyways, the 30th it's on. I may go to Pound 2 this weekend too, so I might see some ppl there. Peace!

Lp3

Smash Rookie
Thanks for hosting this event, it was fun attending though I didn't do so well in the tournament. I know my friend Jeremy had a good time as well

Cryb

Smash Apprentice
Mm, my turn for shout outs.

MMX- Extremely good and intense matches. Very nice comeback (though it hurt my pride :p). Hope to play again sometime soon. If you need a partner for the next tourney, just let me know.

4% APR - I hate Jiggs now. So very very much. Wall of Pain hurts. Fun matches though.

Impp - That was my first time playing a Zelda user, good matches.

Silhouette - Very fun playing friendlies with you. Hope to play you soon.

soap - I didn't get to play any matches with you, which makes me sad. But I knew I recognized your face. Hopefully we can meet up sometime and get some matches in.

Phasion11 - I seemed to be the person you picked on the most, haha. But it was fun playing with you. Thanks for hosting such an awesome tourney. Definitely hit me up for some friendlies whenever you're free.

Everyone else I played but whose names I've totally forgotten (sorry :( ) - Great playing with you all.

D20

Smash Lord
I could be wrong, but I think the results were:

1. Juke
2. MMX
3. Cryb
4. 4%
5. Impp
5. SFG
7. D20
7. X

4% APR

Smash Champion
Cryb- you should come down to Wooster on the 30th so I can get some rematches. This also applies to anyone else that likes this game. Come on the 30th. By the way, my secret new main was a flop and I'm still sticking with the little pink guy

I'm really ashamed that I could not make it. Well, thats the price I get for taking ACTS tests at 8am and dont get out intil 12. >_>. If you host another one, I'll be there.

FlipX

Smash Ace
It should read as follows except I showed up to late lol
1. Flip
2. Juke
3. MMX
4. CryB
etc.

But ya it was fun even though I missed singles and doubles. MM's were good with everyone. SFG I think you were right about mute city I probably wont pick that again lol. Hopefully you guys can run another tourny soon. You should have one like during the week because of summer and all that.

soap

Smash Hero
fun tourney, good job screaming pandas for winning a game

gg to everyone i played, good **** to phasion for running these things

yo cryb im in the heights over the summer if you ever wanna play sometime during the week, pm me with your number

Top Bottom