• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[#02] Snake MU Discussion Thread 2010

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Snake can, and will GR -> regrab us for a lot of cheap damage,
and then KO us with a cheap follow-up.

Grenades prevents Gerudo -> Jab

:ganondorf: 20 : 80 :snake:

Breezy

Smash Ace
I know the discussion is closed, but I read through the Snake MU and didn't see a single thing about instant tossing nades back at him. It's one of the most useful little tricks when it comes to trying to keep him from controlling the stage as hard as he wants.

To instant toss, catch the nade with with whatever shield button you please, and smash the c stick in the direction you want to throw it. You can even perform this while a nade is on the ground. Just SH -> airdodge -> c stick right away and voila, nade flying at snake before he even knows whats going on.

This lessens the likelyhood of getting ***** by nade stripping. More than that, it'll condition the snake to cook his nades perfectly, which you can then easily avoid with a spotdodge. Sometimes the snake will even get sick of starting to be out camped by a Ganon and approach, which is when you capitalize.

Again, sorry for posting when the discussion was supposed to be closed, but this is just too important of a tool in this MU to be ignored.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
Don't worry, Breezy. Discussions are always open to point out new stuff.

I didn't put it on the summary because I didn't remembered how to do it and I don't use that offtenly, so I casted it aside, but I know it's a very important tool against Snake. As well as Ganon's Glide Toss -> Grab. It can work most of times and seems very effective against Snakes that like using the 'nades with normal throws intead of the 'nade throws.

When I upadte the Slaughterhouse's OP, I'll be sure to add this.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Ganonboards too funny LAWL.

But in all seriousness. If Ike can win tournaments......(San)

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I find wizkick to be particularly useful in this matchup. Most of the better snakes will just camp and wait for you to approach. 9 times out of 10 a snake will either ftilt or back roll, so its SERIOUSLY a good approach to run up OUT of ftilt range, bait a roll or ftilt, and wizkick to punish. Make sure its used at appropriate percents though so you don't get punished unless you cancel it. This also works well when you trap them near the ledge so you can really punish their rolls/ftilt. Make sure you don't wizkick into jab though, you'll get *****.

Don't forget about Chestplate Combos as well as Zigman Combos here too, I've found them super effective if you can get it done. Gerudo->(Rolls to edge/stand up next to edge)-> RAR Upair off edge -> Non Fastfalled Dair for the win.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Don't forget about Chestplate Combos as well as Zigman Combos here too, I've found them super effective if you can get it done. Gerudo->(Rolls to edge/stand up next to edge)-> RAR Upair off edge -> Non Fastfalled Dair for the win.
I love you, Red8.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I love this matchup, it's so fun when you can counter-camp Snake. Throw grenades back and use flame-choke shenanigans with explosives. :p
It doesn't seem like that bad of a matchup in my opinion, as the worst my Ganon has ever done against a Snake was 2-stocking one.

Top Bottom