• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm updating all of the games I've got at Dunkin' Donuts so I don't have to use my mobile data to download it all.

I'm also downloading a few titles that I originally let go due to space issues. One of which is Celeste.

D

Deleted member

Been playing the PKMN mystery dungeon demo over and over(rip my first team) and I have a few complaints so far.

1) the game so far is a 1:1 remake of the original, minus the graphics and new pokemon choices. For a remake, I would expect a few things would change, but even the damn text is the exact same! unless there is major revamps of the game past the demo, calling this a remake is being generous. Games like the remake of Link’s awakening added and changed stuff in addition to the artstyle, which is what a remake should strive to do IMO. Until I see definite proof of changes, this will be an issue.

2) The first 30 minutes or so of the game are super handholdy. I really hate how until you get fairly into the demo, you can’t even visit the shops or grind, you’re just pushed into the story with no choice. Hopefully this changes in the full release, but not keeping my hopes up here.

3) The starter pokemon choice is fairly lackluster.
I don’t mind not having pokemon from gens made after the original release of the game, but I just want to play as...like Pidgey or something. Hell, there really isn’t an excuse not to have more, as going over a side-by-side comparision reveals this remake has a few more pokemon to pick from!

Overall, I’m excited for the game, but I do have my gripes over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Fat Thor was pretty harmless tbh. At the same time, it wasn't anything too laugh out loud funny after the first 10 minutes or so

now Hulk Banner on the other hand, my goodness was he a riot the entire time

you take my fav Avenger and make him even more enjoyable?
1578756562336.png

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
While Endgame is really, really fun and an amazing finale to the storyline they built up for over a decade, it's a bit hard to call it my favorite MCU film when both Guardians of the Galaxy movies exist.

D

Deleted member

I think being a food critic is the best job ever. You get to eat food, go on a rant about how crappy it is, and then get paid.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'll probably try out the MD demo at some point but I don't have plans to purchase the game at launch with how ****ing stacked the month already is.

Sorry, but Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Persona 5 Royal come first.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I had a random dream last night that I was a competitive Melee Marth main, taking locals with relative ease. :marthmelee: Strange, but funny lol

I think being a food critic is the best job ever. You get to eat food, go on a rant about how crappy it is, and then get paid.
become the next Gordon Ramsey :p

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Just to let people know, the starter Pokemon selection is limited 'cause it's a remake of the first game, which came out in 2006.

It also has way more variety than Gates did, lol.

D

Deleted member

When you start talking about card games and someone asks wtf you’re talking about
edit: godammit
edit 2: fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
out of all the games March has...I only want and care for Persona 5 Royal
Just because narratively it made sense doesn't mean it was more enjoyable to watch.
I personally found Bro Thor to be very enjoyable, but I understand why not everyone enjoyed it much
Fat Thor was pretty harmless tbh. At the same time, it wasn't anything too laugh out loud funny after the first 10 minutes or so

now Hulk Banner on the other hand, my goodness was he a riot the entire time

you take my fav Avenger and make him even more enjoyable?
View attachment 256688
with Marvel possibility getting back his film rights, and She Hulk happening, things are looking glorious for MCU Hulk

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Actually, when I think about it, Thor's characterization in Endgame was fine and easy to watch. It was just the beer gut, man. It's completely jarring to look at. It only amounts to shock value and jokes and doesn't actually affect his athletic ability, too, so like... please no.
I could accept everything else about Thor but that. They didn't need to give him that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think we all need to prepare for a direct not happening for a while. When there was nothing at the game awards we were like “at least January is only a few weeks away” and as punishment Nintendo is holding back their announcements till February, maybe even March.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think we all need to prepare for a direct not happening for a while. When there was nothing at the game awards we were like “at least January is only a few weeks away” and as punishment Nintendo is holding back their announcements till February, maybe even March.
"Because people have been ungrateful and impatient regarding FP5. FP5 and further DLC has been cancelled. Thank you for all the years of Smash we brought to our fans. It was a great run while it lasted." - Sakurai

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
There's a lot of supporting characters and extras in the Mario world who'd be able to shine much better in PM's style of writing than they do in the spin-offs or other mainstream Mario games, an Daisy is one shining standout example of that, You've captured their personalities well, fleshing out Daisy's nicely and doing justice to Peach's. I think it falls in-line with her personality from the previous PM games, TTYD and SPM especially (I haven't played any of the games past SPM). Keep this good stuff up, and I'm confident you will, and you'll definitely get a lot of mileage out of Daisy's character.

On a semi-related note, would you mind sharing your designs and drawings of the partner characters you've thought up as well? I remember a handful of them and saw the Lakitu drawing just the other day, but I'm curious enough now that I'd really like to see them all.
Certainly! I’ll share the partners I have so far. I have 8 planned, 4 for Mario and 4 for Peach, so I need just one more idea for each. Feel free to contribute any ideas or feedback for these or potentially any other ideas
Mario’s Partners:
453E3AB4-3496-4252-9D17-E36F34654CE8.jpeg

A female Reznor who’s leader of Tri-Dino Village, a large village consisting of Reznors, Rexes and Dino-Rhinos. While Mario was visiting, her 4 children were kidnapped by someone under the main villain to use in her creations. While the neighboring Yoshi village was accused at first, Mario proves their innocence and confront the ones responsible, managing to rescue one of her sons and she joins Mario to rescue the remaining three.

Field Abilities
-Mario can ride on her back
-She can charge through obstacles
-She uses her horns to lift objects
-She can spit fireballs to hit or ignite objects

Attacks
-Charge: Builds up speed and rams into a single opponent

-Horn Chuck: Lifts a single enemy with her horns and tosses them one spot behind where they were standing, can do damage to any enemies standing directly behind

-Full Speed Ahead: Builds up speed and charges straight through all grounded enemies

-Horn Juggle: Lifts a single enemy with her horns and tosses them in the air several times before dropping them on the ground

-Fireball: Spits out a single fireball that hits one enemy

-Fire Wall: Spits out a pillar of fire directly in front of Mario to act as a defensive wall against physical attacks from

-Flame Breath: Charges up her breath to let out a continuous stream of fire to hit multiple enemies.

-Stampede: Summons a herd of Reznors to charge at and damage all ground level enemies
AE52C0C1-658E-48B9-975B-B6A7FD62FEAA.png

A female Lakitu who works as a Lakitu Cloud mechanic. Her Cloud is weaker than normal ones as it’s unable to fly high on its own power so she outfitted it with mechanical enhancements to help it reach its potential. (Still working out her full story and her motives to join Mario’s party yet)

Field Abilities
-Mario can hitch a ride on her Cloud which can float above certain terrain
-The Cloud’s propeller can switch out into a spring and can perform a Super Jump
-The Cloud can release electricity, rain, and blow wind
-Jaki can operate and repair machinery

Attacks
-Spiny Drone: Throws out a robot Spiny to hit a single opponent, can hit flying opponents

-Cloud-apult: Jaki retreats into her shell as the Cloud changes into Spring mode. After charging up, the Cloud launches Jaki high into the air and she lands on the enemy with great force.

-Lightning Strike: performs a lightning strike on a grounded enemy

-Sudden Downpour: Jaki moves above a single enemy and has the Cloud rain on it, effective against fiery enemies.

-Shocking Static: Jaki spins the Cloud around Mario to give him an electric aura that shocks enemies when they try to physically attack him

-Strong Fwoosh: Blows a strong gust of wind that can blow away small enemies and vision obscuring obstacles
05487519-7274-4146-94C5-18604C9D7F29.jpeg

A rookie boxer from the slums of New Donk City, after narrowly losing his latest attempt to go the distance, he’s decided join Mario on his quest to grow stronger and take on as many foes as he can. You’ll also encounter his rival Ares “The Scrapper” Broozer on the road to challenge him.

Field Abilities
-He can climb on walls facing the camera
-He can grapple onto nearby nodes and swing across gaps
-He can stick to the ground in windy situations

Attacks
-Rapid Jab: punches the enemy multiple times

-Flying Cross: He uses his web to swing himself forward and deliver a punch

-Poison Strike: He spits out a poison shot that inflicts extra damage on a single enemy

-Web Trap: He throws out a small ball of sticky webbing that sticks a single enemy on the ground and immobilizes them

-Propeller Hook: While descending from the ceiling, he spins himself around and twirl up his web. He spins back with his arms outstretched hitting one enemy multiple times

-Web Fling: He throws a big web that can trap and immobilize all enemies

-High Lift: lifts himself and Mario offstage to avoid ground level attacks

Peach’s Partners:
0B92A8E9-F0BD-40BA-AA3B-770062E02017.jpeg

Daisy is Daisy. After escaping from the earlier scuffle with Sketch, Peach finds herself in a familiar desert and seeks out her friend’s kingdom in order to seek shelter at first but decides to recruit her friend to help her on the journey back to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Field Abilities
-She skates fast taking Peach’s hand and leading, Peach slows her down by putting out her parasol
-She can make various plants in the overworld grow
-Uses her racket to hit back projectiles

Attacks
-Service: Daisy wacks a tennis ball to hit a single enemy

-Return: Daisy moves in front of Peach and prepares her racket to return any projectiles the enemies throw out in exchange for potentially taking damage meant for Peach

-Slap: Delivers a powerful slap to a single enemy

-Flower Bed: Makes a bed of flowers appear surrounding all ground enemies and makes them fall asleep for a set number of turns

-Flower Power: Restores Flower Points

-Super Tennis Ball: pulls out a special black tennis ball that bounces all around the stage hitting enemies multiple times
7C3C1044-9722-4114-B088-55AE9457ED3C.jpeg

750CD9DA-063A-4D09-AC30-6287B975C4C9.jpeg

B4599174-56F4-44CC-9855-A27A953F08F7.jpeg

A Yoshi sick of the cutesy stigma his species has perpetuated and break the mold with his edgy persona is part of a super secret organization and tasked with taking down the cult mentioned earlier as well as the forces the Shaman has created, and decides to team with Peach since their goals align

Field Abilities
-Grabs Peach using his tongue and launches her
-cuts down objects and obstacles in the field with his blade Cutting Edge
-uses the Bullet Bill Cannon to blow up cracks and obstacles

Attacks
-grabs a single enemy with his tongue and spits it back out
-ground pounds on a single enemy
-swings around his blade with a wide attack that hits all grounded enemies
-uses the cannon to launch himself up into the air and come back down
-shoots a Bullet Bill out of the cannon part of his blade to attack and explode
D4874EEF-C176-41BD-8F6A-F1A7F6544073.jpeg

WIP, a current understudy in a stage theatre who dreams of becoming a full actress, she’s capable of nailing the appearance of anyone she needs to portray but is lacking in terms of performing/voicing the part and joins with Peach to help with more stealthy tasks as well as getting better with her own disguises

Field Abilities
-turns Peach invisible and move around to bypass obstacles and hazards, but can only be intangible if still
-while invisible, they can copy a NPC or enemy’s appearance when close.

Attacks
-Head Missile: jumps into the air and dive bombs towards a single enemy

-Outta Sight: turns Peach intangible to avoid massive attacks

-Sneaky Snatch: turns invisible to grab HP or items from enemies, bypasses defense.

-Duplicates one enemy and uses their attack

-Various hexes that could produce different effects.
I also have a potential Boomboxer (SPM) partner in mind that could use different songs from the Mario universe for different battle effects.

Tagging Noipoi Noipoi here specifically for Jaki’s pic.

MooMew64

Persona 5 R is cool but 70% of it is a game I've played in recent years and it is suuuuper long. Not gonna get it for a long while.

Animal Crossing is a GotY contender.

Mystery Dungeon is another strong GotY contender.

FF7 is gonna have to wait 'cause I don't want it on PS4.

Pirate Warriors 4 looks fantastic but I probably won't get it at launch now that Mystery Dungeon is a thing.

MooMew64

I know people are joking, but just in case: Nintendo isn't purposefully delaying anything, lol.

They announce stuff when they want. We're just in that phase of early year Nintendo speculation where people get all doom and gloom because we didn't get a Direct announced within the first week of the New Year. I remember last year how dramatic everyone got because January was quiet. My best recommendation is to just do other things: Watching rumors and news all day won't make it come any sooner.

D

Deleted member

Is anyone else having a issue where even thou I’ve already downloaded BOTW’s DLC, it requires me to connect to the internet to play the game?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Certainly! I’ll share the partners I have so far. I have 8 planned, 4 for Mario and 4 for Peach, so I need just one more idea for each. Feel free to contribute any ideas or feedback for these or potentially any other ideas
Mario’s Partners:
View attachment 256692
A female Reznor who’s leader of Tri-Dino Village, a large village consisting of Reznors, Rexes and Dino-Rhinos. While Mario was visiting, her 4 children were kidnapped by someone under the main villain to use in her creations. While the neighboring Yoshi village was accused at first, Mario proves their innocence and confront the ones responsible, managing to rescue one of her sons and she joins Mario to rescue the remaining three.

Field Abilities
-Mario can ride on her back
-She can charge through obstacles
-She uses her horns to lift objects
-She can spit fireballs to hit or ignite objects

Attacks
-Charge: Builds up speed and rams into a single opponent

-Horn Chuck: Lifts a single enemy with her horns and tosses them one spot behind where they were standing, can do damage to any enemies standing directly behind

-Full Speed Ahead: Builds up speed and charges straight through all grounded enemies

-Horn Juggle: Lifts a single enemy with her horns and tosses them in the air several times before dropping them on the ground

-Fireball: Spits out a single fireball that hits one enemy

-Fire Wall: Spits out a pillar of fire directly in front of Mario to act as a defensive wall against physical attacks from

-Flame Breath: Charges up her breath to let out a continuous stream of fire to hit multiple enemies.

-Stampede: Summons a herd of Reznors to charge at and damage all ground level enemies
View attachment 256691
A female Lakitu who works as a Lakitu Cloud mechanic. Her Cloud is weaker than normal ones as it’s unable to fly high on its own power so she outfitted it with mechanical enhancements to help it reach its potential. (Still working out her full story and her motives to join Mario’s party yet)

Field Abilities
-Mario can hitch a ride on her Cloud which can float above certain terrain
-The Cloud’s propeller can switch out into a spring and can perform a Super Jump
-The Cloud can release electricity, rain, and blow wind
-Jaki can operate and repair machinery

Attacks
-Spiny Drone: Throws out a robot Spiny to hit a single opponent, can hit flying opponents

-Cloud-apult: Jaki retreats into her shell as the Cloud changes into Spring mode. After charging up, the Cloud launches Jaki high into the air and she lands on the enemy with great force.

-Lightning Strike: performs a lightning strike on a grounded enemy

-Sudden Downpour: Jaki moves above a single enemy and has the Cloud rain on it, effective against fiery enemies.

-Shocking Static: Jaki spins the Cloud around Mario to give him an electric aura that shocks enemies when they try to physically attack him

-Strong Fwoosh: Blows a strong gust of wind that can blow away small enemies and vision obscuring obstacles
View attachment 256696
A rookie boxer from the slums of New Donk City, after narrowly losing his latest attempt to go the distance, he’s decided join Mario on his quest to grow stronger and take on as many foes as he can. You’ll also encounter his rival Ares “The Scrapper” Broozer on the road to challenge him.

Field Abilities
-He can climb on walls facing the camera
-He can grapple onto nearby nodes and swing across gaps
-He can stick to the ground in windy situations

Attacks
-Rapid Jab: punches the enemy multiple times

-Flying Cross: He uses his web to swing himself forward and deliver a punch

-Poison Strike: He spits out a poison shot that inflicts extra damage on a single enemy

-Web Trap: He throws out a small ball of sticky webbing that sticks a single enemy on the ground and immobilizes them

-Propeller Hook: While descending from the ceiling, he spins himself around and twirl up his web. He spins back with his arms outstretched hitting one enemy multiple times

-Web Fling: He throws a big web that can trap and immobilize all enemies

-High Lift: lifts himself and Mario offstage to avoid ground level attacks

Peach’s Partners:
View attachment 256698
Daisy is Daisy. After escaping from the earlier scuffle with Sketch, Peach finds herself in a familiar desert and seeks out her friend’s kingdom in order to seek shelter at first but decides to recruit her friend to help her on the journey back to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Field Abilities
-She skates fast taking Peach’s hand and leading, Peach slows her down by putting out her parasol
-She can make various plants in the overworld grow
-Uses her racket to hit back projectiles

Attacks
-Service: Daisy wacks a tennis ball to hit a single enemy

-Return: Daisy moves in front of Peach and prepares her racket to return any projectiles the enemies throw out in exchange for potentially taking damage meant for Peach

-Slap: Delivers a powerful slap to a single enemy

-Flower Bed: Makes a bed of flowers appear surrounding all ground enemies and makes them fall asleep for a set number of turns

-Flower Power: Restores Flower Points

-Super Tennis Ball: pulls out a special black tennis ball that bounces all around the stage hitting enemies multiple times
View attachment 256697
View attachment 256694
View attachment 256695
A Yoshi sick of the cutesy stigma his species has perpetuated and break the mold with his edgy persona is part of a super secret organization and tasked with taking down the cult mentioned earlier as well as the forces the Shaman has created, and decides to team with Peach since their goals align

Field Abilities
-Grabs Peach using his tongue and launches her
-cuts down objects and obstacles in the field with his blade Cutting Edge
-uses the Bullet Bill Cannon to blow up cracks and obstacles

Attacks
-grabs a single enemy with his tongue and spits it back out
-ground pounds on a single enemy
-swings around his blade with a wide attack that hits all grounded enemies
-uses the cannon to launch himself up into the air and come back down
-shoots a Bullet Bill out of the cannon part of his blade to attack and explode
View attachment 256699
WIP, a current understudy in a stage theatre who dreams of becoming a full actress, she’s capable of nailing the appearance of anyone she needs to portray but is lacking in terms of performing/voicing the part and joins with Peach to help with more stealthy tasks as well as getting better with her own disguises

Field Abilities
-turns Peach invisible and move around to bypass obstacles and hazards, but can only be intangible if still
-while invisible, they can copy a NPC or enemy’s appearance when close.

Attacks
-Head Missile: jumps into the air and dive bombs towards a single enemy

-Outta Sight: turns Peach intangible to avoid massive attacks

-Sneaky Snatch: turns invisible to grab HP or items from enemies, bypasses defense.

-Duplicates one enemy and uses their attack

-Various hexes that could produce different effects.
I also have a potential Boomboxer (SPM) partner in mind that could use different songs from the Mario universe for different battle effects.

Tagging Noipoi Noipoi here specifically for Jaki’s pic.
These are all great, as usual! When you give Karade colors, can you let me know? I wanna draw her later.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The Smash Fanbase can be extremely desperate for completely nonexistent hints, aren't they?​

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Surprised it ain't Godzilla vs. Kong. ;P

Yeah though the premise of it sounds interesting to me and makes me want to give the original film a watch. Giant sand worms that are basically bigger versions of graboids? I'm game.
Or you could read the book. I didn't enjoy it as much as most people, but it was still a solid read.

Most people consider it amoung the best sci-fi books ever written

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the mystery dungeon remake has shiny Pokémon in it:

That’s pretty neat actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom