• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No one's saying anyone was in the wrong.

But a LOT of people were dead set on "It's happening!!!"

In situations like this, it's always best to keep a viewpoint of "Could happen, probably won't."
Except it’s not. Because that just means you’re never excited and are depressed all the ****ing time.

I’d rather get really upset when things don’t go my way then never feel anything at all.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And now the fanbase will preform the time honored tradition of splitting into two groups:

. Salty people

. People who’re salty that people are salty
Then there's me enjoying the chaos whilst my country shoves a cactus up its backside

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
X-Box? More like:
1. X-Brick
2. X-Rectangle
3. X-Fridge
4. X-Tower
5. X-Speaker
And more names I could come up with.
images (36).jpeg

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I will say this though.

I love smash trailers, the whole style of them is just awesome to me. If whoever the hell was to be revealed tonight they’d almost be guaranteed to have a trailer that comes off as something else only for it to “surprise us” by being smash. Like Joker.

At least now I have a better shot at the next characters giving me more radical smash trailers.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It’s not just fp5. It’s that nothing that was shown was in my wheelhouse except maybe that weird Chinese game that I looked away from while they were showing to check my phone and I guess no more heroes (despite the fact that it wasn’t a reveal). No platformers. No hack n slashes. No fighting games. Just shooters and weird dark souls clones and ****ing Facebook games.
Not everything needs to appeal to you.

Different events cater to different crowds. This one just didn't cater to you. It did not have an obligation to either, so I'd reccomend just moving on. Staying mad at it will only just make you miserable.

Shroob

Sup?
Except it’s not. Because that just means you’re never excited and are depressed all the ****ing time.

I’d rather get really upset when things don’t go my way then never feel anything at all.
It's called thinking logically.

All the leakers were ****ing worthless.

We had a copyright claim that made 0 sense.

The most we had was Nintendo tweeting to tune in, and that doesn't mean Smash. Hell, I'm not even sure if Sakurai retweeted the event.

Just because Joker was shown off last year means.... nothing. If there's one thing Smash doesn't do, and we should know this by now...

Patterns

Smash does not abide by patterns.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not everything needs to appeal to you.

Different events cater to different crowds. This one just didn't cater to you. It did not have an obligation to either, so I'd reccomend just moving on. Staying mad at it will only just make you miserable.
I don’t want everything to appeal to me. I just want something other then the breadcrumbs I’ve been getting for the past three years!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the site updates and copyright strikes and the private videos. I’m thinking smash is still coming soon

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
hmmm... y'all think fighter 5 could be first party more suited for a general direct?

maybe that's the reason they didn't bother showing it at such a biggish event.

Calling it now, Byleth... win

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly at this point I’m in the mood for the entire concept of video games to just end.
It's really not that big of a deal.

I mean. How would you feel if you tuned in to every gaming event where announcements could happen for many years and the only things you ever got that you actually liked amounted to breadcrumbs. For three years!
As a guy who's been a big fan of things like Metroid and Mega Man, I would say nearly the entire Wii-U era was pretty much that. Or most DBZ games After Infinite World but Before Dragon Ball FighterZ not being my cup of tea. Or waiting waiting like 5 years for a proper DMC5. Hell, I never even thought we'd get Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. But I didn't get all mad and act like the world was ending.

You'll get **** that's up you alley at some point. We know there's a 5th character and at least 1 more.

Either that, or try new ****. It's how I got into Shantae. It's how I got into Shovel Knight, and it's even how I got into CvS2 and ARMS.

Shroob

Sup?
With the site updates and copyright strikes and the private videos. I’m thinking smash is still coming soon
To be fair, "Soon" to Nintendo is like, a month lol.

There's also the fact that the "NEW!" hasn't gone away on the site.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
no more heroes 3 really got me hyped though

can't ****ing wait for more footage, the game looks so good

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm far more concerned that we're ignoring Bravely Default II: The Third One
i really wanted ringabel to be the third protagonist and seeing all these literal who with new faces made me go through a depression episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom