• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Why is youtube having an issue with loading my subscriptions? sigh #FirstWorldProblems

Anyway, hi people. I hope you all are doing well. Yesterday proved to be extremely stressful and a bit of a boil-over in emotions for me personally so I'm hoping that today goes better.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Why is youtube having an issue with loading my subscriptions? sigh #FirstWorldProblems

Anyway, hi people. I hope you all are doing well. Yesterday proved to be extremely stressful and a bit of a boil-over in emotions for me personally so I'm hoping that today goes better.
Hope today goes better for you.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hope today goes better for you.
Thanks.

I'll copy/paste my rant I left in one of my discord servers yesterday:

ANYWAY, I'm really over today? Why? For many reasons. One, in all honesty the funeral service that I led did not go like I wanted. I had to scramble at last minute to get background music, when I was lead to believe that the funeral director would take of the minutia. Apparently not, because I had to find various music tracks to play to make everything come together, and I wish I had a better plan with that but it made me feel inexperienced and downright stupid. A couple said the service was nice, which "great", but I wish that it was longer and more robust than what it was. There should've been more easy listening tracks and hymns, but I failed at that. I should've just planned out the heckin lot of it from the start. Then, after a long shift, I tried to play Smash Bros with some friends today but my entire game was off and I failed miserably in bracket and also out of bracket. I tried to relax and have fun but failed at it. How pathetic is THAT, that I can't even frickin relax when I'm trying to play a game? NOT TO MENTION that I beat myself up a lot during losses, and I've been trying to get better with that but I keep failing at having a good mentality, try as I might. I try so hard, and I can't even relax and enjoy the gaming series I love the most to wind down. Plus, it makes me feel like an idiot whenever i play the darn game. FINALLY, just when I'm hoping I can relax to watching some hockey, my favorite team can't even frickin' score and it's gut-wrenching, not relaxing. if the SOG were more even, it's like "ok i get it". But having such an SOG while still failing to be in the lead is just the icing on the crap sundae. But overall, I'm probably complaining too much anyway. (Day after edit: The hockey team I was rooting for won the game, but it didn't help much). It's not like it matters. I'm just doing this to get out some frickin tension I feel. Will it help? Probably not. Who flippin knows anymore.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Thanks.

ANYWAY, I'm really over today? Why? For many reasons. One, in all honesty the funeral service that I led did not go like I wanted. I had to scramble at last minute to get background music, when I was lead to believe that the funeral director would take of the minutia. Apparently not, because I had to find various music tracks to play to make everything come together, and I wish I had a better plan with that but it made me feel inexperienced and downright stupid. A couple said the service was nice, which "great", but I wish that it was longer and more robust than what it was. There should've been more easy listening tracks and hymns, but I failed at that. I should've just planned out the heckin lot of it from the start. Then, after a long shift, I tried to play Smash Bros with some friends today but my entire game was off and I failed miserably in bracket and also out of bracket. I tried to relax and have fun but failed at it. How pathetic is THAT, that I can't even frickin relax when I'm trying to play a game? NOT TO MENTION that I beat myself up a lot during losses, and I've been trying to get better with that but I keep failing at having a good mentality, try as I might. I try so hard, and I can't even relax and enjoy the gaming series I love the most to wind down. Plus, it makes me feel like an idiot whenever i play the darn game. FINALLY, just when I'm hoping I can relax to watching some hockey, my favorite team can't even frickin' score and it's gut-wrenching, not relaxing. if the SOG were more even, it's like "ok i get it". But having such an SOG while still failing to be in the lead is just the icing on the crap sundae. But overall, I'm probably complaining too much anyway. (Day after edit: The hockey team I was rooting for won the game, but it didn't help much). It's not like it matters. I'm just doing this to get out some frickin tension I feel. Will it help? Probably not. Who flippin knows anymore.
That definitely sounds like a rough day, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers that things go better today, friend.

D

Deleted member

Thanks.

Aww, I hope everything goes better. My condolences.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

DEATH BAT

Episode Title: "Death Bat"
Subject matter: Ahool
Summary: A tourist group alongside their tour guide ventures deep into the rainforest of Java showing them the points and wonders of interest. When their attention draws them to the trees upon hearing strange howling noises, they dismiss the faces as nothing more than the native monkeys. The dismissal of this assumption soon is forgotten when what they thought were monkeys turns out to be creatures with large, bat-like wings with appetites big enough to be the tourists' and tour guides undoing.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I said Pachinko would be my second Shine.
It was. Took a few tries to get in and do it with the new controls.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Still waiting for my copy of 3D All Stars to arrive but I hope all of you guys that got it are having fun.

View attachment 286027
I beat the first Megaman zero for the first time in my whole life. I could never do it before because this one was always the hard one.
But thank God for savestates.
Nice.

I'm also playing the collection and recently beat Zero 1 for the first time in years. The level design can be pretty bull**** at times but it was still pretty manageable IMO, and I didn't bother with Cyber-Elves or save states.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Damn, I gotta admit, that was legitimately a pretty scary episode. I didn't think it'd be up there with Death Crawler, Skinwalker, and Wendigo: American Cannibal.

Probably one of my favorite Lost Tapes episodes as of date.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I was bored.

So I made this.
Gaster can't believe you did this 4.gif

Took wayyyy longer than it should have & I was forced to give it a background, but eh, atleast it look nice.

Feel free to use it in any context you like, tho be careful with it's power.

Oh, and don't say I made it.

Thanks.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Words of wisdom from a Sunshine veteran to all the new players that try to attempt to 100% Sunshine in their first run of the game:

Don't do it because it's going to take the fun out of the game for you if you try to attempt to do it on your first try. For those who really what to take on this challenge, have fun in hell because trying to collect all 240 blue coins in the game is a nightmare. You need to get them all if you want to obtain all the Shine Sprites in the game as giving 10 blue coins to this beaver guy in Delfino Plaza get's you 1 Shine Sprite. There are 240 blue coins in the game 30 being in each course, 20 in Delfino Plaza, and 10 in Corona Mountain. A good number of those blue coins only spawn in certain missions, so have fun with that.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Hey AndreaAC AndreaAC I dunno if you heard but Michel Ancel is leaving the gaming industry behind. :drsad:
Yes, I did! <3 I am so happy for him! He did a lot for the world of videogames by creating Rayman, a very specially character (And other IP's too, like BG&E, and the new one, WiLD, of course), and it's in his right to finally get a deserved break. My respects to this man now and forever for what he did for me and for many others and for taking this very important decision, and I wish him the very best enjoying every single bit of this new step in his life and career. 😊👍

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yes, I did! <3 I am so happy for him! He did a lot for the world of videogames by creating Rayman, a very specially character (And other IP's too, like BG&E, and the new one, WiLD, of course), and it's in his right to finally get a deserved break. My respects to this man now and forever for what he did for me and for many others and for taking this very important decision, and I wish him the very best enjoying every single bit of this new step in his life and career. 😊👍
I've never played Rayman, but the franchise seems to have appeal for a good reason. The games seem to have good design and a dedicated fanbase.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've only played a little bit of Origins and thought it was a decent game. Even though I have really no attachment to the Rayman franchise or the character, I would be happy for his fans if he got into Smash. Him along with Crash and Spyro are the last big 90s platforming mascots MIA from Smash's roster. They all need to be in someday.

Ivander

Smash Legend
This is one of the nicest days we've seen in a while. It's nice.
4 hours earlier

And just for the record, I know what you mean, but it just gave me a laugh seeing your post just after seeing this earlier post.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
hey guys, running mostly on energy drinks and i need a reason to stay awake so i'm gonna talk about stuff

maybe you'll be interested maybe you won't i don't know

it's another music post baby
will's top 5 albums that i want you to listen to like, right now, maybe, i don't really know
i think i did this once but in a top 3 but now it's a top 5 **** yeah
Untitled.png
Can't Swim - This Too Won't Pass (2018)
I found Can't Swim around the time this album came out and my friend showed it to me. This band got me through a pretty bad breakup during that year, both with this album and with other songs they have. A lot of the songs and lyrics spoke to me and helped softened the blow of heartbreak and whatnot. So there's some emotional attachment to this album, but that alone isn't why it's one of my all-time favorites.

This album is pretty somber and I really enjoyed most of the songs on this album, especially when there's the raw emotional screaming aspect. Never took me as the type who liked that type of singing at first, but now I think of it as a way to scream yourself without you having to actually do it. Sometimes you just wanna yell out into the world for being an ass, but these dudes do it for you and I guess it just vibes.

**** guttural screaming though, I don't know how hardcore and black/heavy metal fans deal with that ****.
1600446288311.png

mewithoutyou - Brother, Sister (2005)

This band's an open spoken one, which basically means the dude is reading poetry while people play instruments in the background. I love so much of mewithoutyou's discography, except their newest album, kinda didn't like that one. In a Top 5 songs from this band, only 1 really makes it out from this album, but the other 4 are scattered within other albums, and I like this one the most for its storytelling and song composition.

Prior to this album's release, the band was mostly grunge and hardcore with the instrumentals but this time around they went with softer, acoustic vibes that sold me pretty well. I do like their other style, and they never abandoned it as most of their newest album was the heaviest **** they pumped out in two decades, but this one is just somber and peaceful and something I'd probably fall asleep to or stay up trying to decipher the lyrics hidden meaning or something.
1600446658304.png

Heavenly - Virus (2006)

Heavenly is my favorite metal band. This is my favorite metal album. From the conversations I've had with other guys who listen to metal on this forum, they don't like this band as much as I do for whatever reason. Heavenly is, y'know, heavenly to me.

This album is jam-packed with wicked guitar solos and amazing vocals. From the deadly main song Virus to the cheerful cover of When the Rain Begins to Fall to the somber finale of Prince of the World, this album was really something I'd repeat back in middle school, and I'll still bump it today along with some of my other favorite Heavenly bops like Evil or Ode to Joy. It's frankly one of the few things from my power metal obsession phase that I still keep, like a 20-count altogether out of what used to be 200.
1600444951810.png

Cake - Comfort Eagle (2001)
Cake is such a good band. Imagine Weezer but literally only the good parts and also before Weezer existed. This was my first favorite album and sticking by #2 over a decade later is ****ing A-bomb, it's not even nostalgia, it's legitimately a good album. Every ****ing song on this album is a banger. My favorite Cake song to this day (Shadow Stabbing) is from this album.

Cake's whole gimmick is also mariachi rock, which has never ever gotten old, **** is catchy. Comfort Eagle strips that though, and as the title song, it does a damn good job of standing out. And Short Skirt / Long Jacket? A ****ing anthem of what used to be my crush back in high school, it's great.
1600445465525.png
Hail the Sun - Wake (2014)

I only discovered Donovan Merelo's insanely large discography last year, and his progenitor band Hail the Sun and their first published album is an absolute hit. Wake is heavy as **** but in a good way. The math-rock (AKA nerds using old-timey music sheet patterns to make cool sounds) combined with the singer's drum work really powers you up when half of the songs are about violence. Like holy **** dude, their EP before this (Elephantitis) is ten times more violent in lyrics than this album, and after this album, they haven't really made many graphic songs. I mean, not a bad thing, but it's funny to think about.

But this album, again, has no flops in it whatsoever. It has a lot of tips and turns, one song will shred metal for five minutes straight and the next has you listening to somber acoustic for the next five. It's a really great journey from start to finish and my favorite album of the band. The album after this, Culture Scars, is also a top tier contender, I'd honestly put it on #6. Donovan is pretty talented both on drums and as a performer, no wonder the dude works with four bands simultaneously.

Also, the somber song is called Relax / Divide, which is both their most popular song and got a remaster two weeks ago. Take a listen if you want to. I prefer the original, but this is a lot more appealing to a mainstream audience. It's a ****ing great song either original or new version.

tell me if you thought my **** was cool
or tell me if you don't care
either/or is fine as long as my existence is acknowledged one way or another :191: any type of validation is great at the moment

D

Deleted member

It's pretty rough but I was bored so I decided to draw a Smash Bros style emote for BB(Blaster Blade), because why not
sketch1600452396979 (1).png

Might do more of these, idk :drshrug:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy 3D All Stars release day everyone!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m happy for him as well. It does seem like the end of an era though and it is such a shame for someone with so much creativity to be leaving but I hope he lives like he’s always wanted to doing what he is now. He seems very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom