• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kinda late to the discussion but my hot take: Amy is fine as she is in the main games when she's written well. Yes, she can be immature and impulsive but she learns from her mistakes. Her crush on Sonic isn't just clingy fangirling, she genuinely loves him and wants to improve as a person because of that. When writers focus on her positive aspects like kindness and supportiveness, there's nothing wrong with her having some flaws in the form of occasional brattiness. It's not like she tries to hold back or force Sonic into anything or has no character outside of him.

IDW Sonic does an amazing job with her and gives her important roles without omitting what her character is about but I'm not a fan of how Boom! Amy feels like a different character just to appeal to people who don't like her.
Oh yeah, totally. I never minded Amy in the games. I just really like the direction IDW took her.

To be honest, I can't really think of a Sonic game where I thought Amy was bad. Like...maaaaybe she was kind of eh in Heroes? But even then I didn't dislike how she was portrayed.

Speaking of Heroes Amy though, Team Rose's theme rocks in that game.
tbh I think Sonic Team prefers Boom Amy over their old Amy, cause it seems like her character is slowly replacing the old Amy...and I love it
Boom handles the Sonic and Amy relationship REALLY well.

Sonic can be insensitive, but he's not an aloof jerk around Amy. Amy still thinks about Sonic night and day, but doesn't get into obessive territory.

Their relationship is far healthier and more realistic in Boom compared to much of the time in the adventure game era, and I really appreciate that.
probably the only Sonic to have feelings for her aswell, which was a surprise in a good way

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Sonic can be insensitive, but he's not an aloof jerk around Amy. Amy still thinks about Sonic night and day, but doesn't get into obessive territory.

Their relationship is far healthier and more realistic in Boom compared to much of the time in the adventure game era, and I really appreciate that.
That's something, at least. Took them long enough. Though if I had to compare old Amy to something similar like Pucca with Garu, I would definitely prefer Amy. Despite the irritating blind as a mole thing, she's tolerable in comparison.

Guess back then I never saw those flaws and I just find it rather funny and cute, that is why I liked her for some time before moving on again.

Right now I am really happy that Silver and Blaze have lasted long for me, similarly to Link and Midna.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nintendo: Paper Mario isn't an RPG

Also Nintendo: lumps the Paper Mario stuff alongside Mario RPG and Mario and Luigi content in smash.

Low key kinda ship the boom versions of these characters. I can actually see them together lol

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Depends on how you make your build. If you're using the SM64 PC Builder and select the ex version, you can choose to use "external resources" and replace assets by using a zip folder in a way that's pretty similar to Minecraft resource packs. There are quite a few packs out there, my personal favorite being P3st's Pack.

As for Render96, it's a Discord server that is home to the Mario 64 SGI project, a project that aims to replace the game's assets with models that mimic the promotional renders used by Nintendo Power that were made by Silicon Graphics Inc. Right now they're working on adding Luigi to the game with his SM64 DS moveset and stats. There's also spin-off player models being made outside the mod like SGI Wario, eventually an SGI Yoshi, and an SGI Waluigi.

Shaders can be applied to the game by using ReShade.
Oh okay, thank you. I’m interested in SM64 hacks and stuff and I thought making something for the PC port could be fun - and maybe a romhack sometime if I don’t get too lazy.

And I forgot ReShade was the shader thing; I saw a video that showed it off ingame before and forgot all about it :p

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Metal Shop X Metal Shop X maybe we should get together and hook your guy and her up.
View attachment 282271
Had to screenshot this ***** after transferring her from Dropbox on my phone, what a dumb workaround.
See, I like our girl, but there's no way in hell that the character I showed yesterday ever work with her lol. There's like, only 2 peoples (which, like said before, you can guess if you remember the characters I posted here some time ago) it ever work with willingly. Plus, just that you know, that's not me not liking the idea (in fact, her design is pretty sick!), just that in-character, that being doesn't have exactly a high opinion on mortals & doesn't trust others being like it.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Nintendo: Paper Mario isn't an RPG

Also Nintendo: lumps the Paper Mario stuff alongside Mario RPG and Mario and Luigi content in smash.
If Nintendo doesn't want Paper Mario to be an RPG series anymore, they should at least have the decency to get rid of all the RPG elements such as turn-based battles, and just make it into a straight platforming-adventure game. That would be way better than still clinging on to the RPG roots while the "Nintendo hates Mario side characters" mandate is still in effect, resulting in a puzzle game masquerading as a half-baked pseudo-RPG.

A good example of how they could do it: the fangame Paper Mario 3D Land.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Morning people. I just woke up with a crazy creative idea.

The last three games I played, I make a two page writing crossover with.

I suck at art and all but this could be fun. Might be a step into doing short stories while working on my novel.

Passing this to my creative friends Wademan94 Wademan94 Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs and any other creative guys. Crossover for art and writing to get into short stories and stuff.

For now, I'm gonna play Death Stranding.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
See, I like our girl, but there's no way in hell that the character I showed yesterday ever work with her lol. There's like, only 2 peoples (which, like said before, you can guess if you remember the characters I posted here some time ago) it ever work with willingly. Plus, just that you know, that's not me not liking the idea (in fact, her design is pretty sick!), just that in-character, that being doesn't have exactly a high opinion on mortals & doesn't trust others being like it.
Eh, I just wanted an excuse to show her off.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Cyclops is better than Wolverine.
A mythological massive creature that is said to have mystical powers is 100% better than a smelly mustelid that has a bloated and unearned ego. Personally, I prefer the thing that allows us to watch like...more than 5 local channels on the tv.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Cyclops. :p

Lost Tapes. Do you believe? Lost Tapes. Cyclops.

Summary: Newlyweds on their honeymoon celebrating their marriage goes to Greece for vacation sailing through the Mediterranean Sea when suddenly their boat crashes and is stranded on an unknown island. While trying to contact help and find a way off, they find out something giant and anthropomorphous thought to had only existed in Greek Mythology lives on the island that doesn't take too kindly to intruders.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Speaking of Cyclops. :p

Lost Tapes. Do you believe? Lost Tapes. Cyclops.

Summary: Newlyweds on their honeymoon celebrating their marriage goes to Greece for vacation sailing through the Mediterranean Sea when suddenly their boat crashes and is stranded on an unknown island. While trying to contact help and find a way off, they find out something giant and anthropomorphous thought to had only existed in Greek Mythology lives on the island that doesn't take too kindly to intruders.
I've read some of yours on DeviantART and they're pretty good.^-^

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've read some of yours on DeviantART and they're pretty good.^-^
Thanks. If it weren't for my constant writers block, I'd already be writing these into full-fledge fics.

I also have more ideal premises just don't know what cryptid, supernatural being or mythical creature would fit well with it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not sure what went wrong but US Immigration Services wants further proof that my wife and I are in a bonafide marriage (me being American and her being Japanese). We sent them our American/Japanese marriage certificates, affidavits from my parents and three friends, family pictures and pictures of our two kids, electric bills, car payments, wife’s proof of employment before and after marriage, etc. Not sure what else they want. After 10 years of being together and 6 years of marriage; you would think that would be enough proof.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Thanks. If it weren't for my constant writers block, I'd already be writing these into full-fledge fics.

I also have more ideal premises just don't know what cryptid, supernatural being or mythical creature would fit well with it.
Here's a cryptid I got here:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, those prehistoric creatures where I live were basically the dragons of Oz: (Oz is a nickname for Australia where I live)

(Here we can see a Quinkana facing off against the dreaded Varanus formerly known as Megalania.)
Yep, Australia certainly is Satan's spawning ground.

******* Australia man! Everything wanted to kill you.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yep, Australia certainly is Satan's spawning ground.

******* Australia man! Everything wanted to kill you.
Then and now. Inland taipans. Sydney funnel-web spiders. Blue-ring octopi. Salties. Sharks. Jellyfish. Cassowaries. Dingoes. Not to mention the sun, bush fires, bogans, bunyips, vegemite...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

How much do you make use of Middle East/Slavic legends?

I find East Europe and West Asia myths woefully underepresented in fantasy genre.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Yep, gone. Reduced to atoms. Same with Kissmanga.

I watched all of DBZ, MHA, and One Punch with KissAnime too...
That’s really sad.
I honestly should’ve seen it coming once they added ads to the mobile site.
I watched Madoka Magica, Tokyo Ghoul, Death Note, MHA, OPM, Attack on Titan, Jojo’s, SAO, and so much other stuff on there that to this day I can’t list every anime I’ve watched.
Funny thing is, I had both Hulu and Netflix at the time.
I also didn’t end up finishing Jojo’s on Kissanime, and neither Netflix nor Hulu have the entire series.
So I might just have to watch it on VRV or something.
RIP Kissanime. You will be missed.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
KissAnime was ass anyway, but it was conveinent.

AdBlock won that fight though.
I have Crunchyroll but I use gogoanime to watch stuff I can't.

Long story short, there's a few rumours floating around about why it closed. A court order in India, changes to a Japanese copyright law, they hosted their stuff somewhere owned by Google etc.

Regardless it's damn concerning. Like the last traces of the Internet Frontier are claimed.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
But isn’t it said in the Discord message that all copyright owners have claimed the anime? I think this mean that a couple big names found out about this site and started making it take its stuff down, then a ton of other copyright owners saw this and did the same, and Kissanime just decided to shut down entirely since the only anime they had left were really old or really irrelevant.

D

Deleted member

That was one of the worst nights I ever had in my entire life and also one of the worst dreams ever.

Good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom