• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(黒の魔女 シア) Black Witch, Cia! The Warriors' Foe!

Who would "Shia" most likley be a last-minute semi-clone of, if Sakurai decided to add her this way?

• Total voters

andimidna

Smash Master
:laugh: I was about to check this thread and see if there was new news on Cia and Hyrule Warriors

Box art leaked.
This is probably the best thing ever.

YES. ADDING THIS.

I don't understand why this character advertises the game best. Honestly, I think that Impa or General person look like a better fit.

Don't kill me...
If Impa was added, her Hyrule Warriors appearance would, at best, be an alternate costume.
And I'm guessing General person is a Hyrule soldier. The Hyrule soldiers aren't playable characters from what we've seen, and are just allies. So they aren't being marketed at all, and don't mean much.

Impa is definitely more likely than Cia though. But that's just because of her appearances before Hyrule Warriors.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Impa is more likely than Shia, (that's the better name for her), but the odds are still against her regardless. She would of had a .01% chance in the game but with how late into development Smash is she's basically denied outright. The best she can do is have more appearances in games and get more attention. Shouldn't be too hard for her since Team Ninja made sure to already give her a great appeal to male gamers.

andimidna

Smash Master
Impa is more likely than Shia, (that's the better name for her), but the odds are still against her regardless. She would of had a .01% chance in the game but with how late into development Smash is she's basically denied outright. The best she can do is have more appearances in games and get more attention. Shouldn't be too hard for her since Team Ninja made sure to already give her a great appeal to male gamers.
Yea, I wasn't arguing that Cia had a chance, I was arguing that she advertised Hyrule Warriors better than any other character.
I'm not completely sure Hyrule Warriors will even be getting any content...
But I don't think it's that hard to make trophies and stickers.
We have at least 6 months till Smash Wii U, and I doubt the stickers and trophies will be the same on both versions, or that they'll need to be. I'm sure they can add some this late, it wouldn't take too long, I don't think that they only thing they have left is testing the game and making sure all of the characters work right, I think there's a bit more they're still doing than cleaning up the game. But the former is a possibility.
I think they should have stickers of the various designs of Links, Zeldas, and Impas throughout the series... So that's how the Hyrule Warriors versions of those characters would be in the game, even though I'd prefer them as alternate costumes for Link, Zelda, and Shiek.
But for Shia, I think she'd make a good trophy. I think that's more fitting for her. And I like the designs of the ones so far, she seems to fit that look...
Looking... cool.
Heh. Great reasoning, right? But if they can make last-minute models to add clones on the roster, which has been done with less time left then we have now, then a trophy may actually seem likely.
I wish I could say an Assist trophy is likely, but unless they find an ability of an existing one that could work for her, I doubt it.
(I'm currently thinking the Zelda assists will be Skull Kid, Midna, Impa, Tetra, and Vaati)
I think Skull Kid's somewhat fits... as long as they add the Portal behind her... the Purple magic fits.

If Pics of the Day are still going after E3 and the release of Smash 3ds, the Japanese release of Hyrule Warriors would be a great day to show off her trophy. And then maybe by next time she'll have a real shot. Hyrule Warriors is a pretty great concept. It could end up becoming it's own side-series.

-------------------

So, guys.
Hyrule Warriors Roster Leaks are something bound to happen in the near future.
And I saw something posted on Zeldapedia by what looks to be Smashboard's @Ixbran
Right here: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/User:Ixbran/Hyrule_Warriors_Rumors_&_Leaks

I saw something like this being talked about on the Palutena thread- guest characters in Hyrule Warriors.
They had brought up Pit and Takamaru. This says Pit, Takamaru, AND Samus.
And I think that actually sounds pretty plausible and awesome, despite wanting to see as many Zelda characters as possible.
I don't see any credibility to it, it's just a text leak that anybody could have written up, but it's interesting to hear some possibilities.
Thoughts on that?
------------------
Oh, and do you guys think that after the Cia boss fight she'll become a playable character?
I mean, she used to be good and it sounds like she isn't the main villain, so I'd say it's possible.

andimidna

Smash Master
I always knew it was a matter of time the C.I.A. would spy on smash bros.

They always hated underground fighting leagues.
:laugh: I never realized this about her name.

-----------------

So it looks like the introduction page on Hyrule Warrior's official website has been translated:

"Introduction A Great Warrior In The Zelda Universe! Experience a new ‘battle action game’, born from a collaboration between Nintendo’s puzzle-solving adventure game series ‘The Legend of Zelda’ and Tecmo Koei’s ‘Musou’ series. Starting with Link, players will be able to experience the game as numerous Zelda series characters set on familiar series locations. Link Makes Light Work Of Problems! Enjoy action not seen in most Zelda series’ games as Link takes down large groups of enemies in Musou series’ tradition as a ‘Great Warrior’. Of course, the game play retain’s the Musou series’ trademark simplicity and intuitiveness of its controls so anyone can enjoy taking down enemies as Link. Play As Many Characters Various characters from the Zelda series will be playable! Find your favourite and use them to fight the hordes! Many characters and weapons from the Zelda franchise will appear as playable. You have control over the attacks, which have been beautiful and refreshingly presented using Wii U’s graphics. Combing The Best Parts of Zelda & Musou We have used Zelda series systems like hearts for health and magic gauge, coupled with the playstyle of using items to take down bosses, and arranged them in a ‘musou’ context along with the music and sound effects that are tradition in the series. It’s a new world born from a combination of the the Zelda and the Musou molds. Story The Triforce, composed of composed of sacred symbols of Courage, Wisdom, and Power, will grant the wish of all who touch it. Many battles between good and evil have been fought for it through the ages. When Hyrule was in danger of falling into the hands of evil, a hero wearing a green tunic appeared to strike down the ambitions of the evil powers. To ensure the evil would never return, he broke the evil’s spirit into four pieces, sending three pieces off into the depths of space-time, and sealed the fourth piece at the entrance to the Temple with the Master Sword. For generations since then, at the edge of Hyrule, a sorceress has watched the equilibrium between the Triforces three aspects; Courage, Wisdom, Power, using a crystal, looking for any sign of a disturbance, but…"

What I found especially interesting was the story part:

"The Triforce, composed of composed of sacred symbols of Courage, Wisdom, and Power, will grant the wish of all who touch it. Many battles between good and evil have been fought for it through the ages. When Hyrule was in danger of falling into the hands of evil, a hero wearing a green tunic appeared to strike down the ambitions of the evil powers. To ensure the evil would never return, he broke the evil’s spirit into four pieces, sending three pieces off into the depths of space-time, and sealed the fourth piece at the entrance to the Temple with the Master Sword. For generations since then, at the edge of Hyrule, a sorceress has watched the equilibrium between the Triforces three aspects; Courage, Wisdom, Power, using a crystal, looking for any sign of a disturbance, but…"

So Cia is the sorceress, that's for sure.
But what is this "fourth piece"?
You've got my attention, Nintendo, now give us the informations!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It’s a new world born from a combination of the the Zelda and the Musou molds.
So basically it's Dynasty Warriors with another franchises' characters (just like Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Fist of the North Star, and Warriors Orochi and Team Ninja's super boob physics, all revolving around Zelda=??? Gotcha.

Why are people hyped for this like it's not a Dynasty Warrior game again=???

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
So basically it's Dynasty Warriors with another franchises' characters (just like Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Fist of the North Star, and Warriors Orochi and Team Ninja's super boob physics, all revolving around Zelda=??? Gotcha.

I highlighted the reason why.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Because it's Zelda. Simple as that.

And the fact that we can play other characters than Link, as full, playable character, is enough to be HYPE.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because it's Zelda. Simple as that.

And the fact that we can play other characters than Link, as full, playable character, is enough to be HYPE.
So you're saying Dynasty Warriors with Zelda skins for characters in a Zelda world with lots of boobs is enough to get you hyped enough to pay $60 for a game=???

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So you're saying Dynasty Warriors with Zelda skins for characters in a Zelda world with lots of boobs is enough to get you hyped enough to pay $60 for a game=???
Yep. And we saw only a pair of boobs so far, on five highlighted character. That's not "FAN SERVICE EVERYWHERE".

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, judging by the website, it's going to be different.
It would be new to me anyways, I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game. (It may be more comparable but from what I've heard it's not)
But:
On the website there is a "Movie" section.
And we already know this game will have a story.
It's possible there will actually be a good amount of cutscenes, enough to label a section "Movie"
And we've seen pictures of what looks like the inside of dungeons and a Fairy Fountain.
And with those crystal things...

It might have more aspects from Zelda games than characters, actually, I'm pretty much sure it will.
People were saying what you're saying after the first reveal, and then you would have had a point, but now the game looks like more than "just another hack'n'slash game"

Story, character development, cutscenes, dungeons, puzzles- they could easily all be there. And it looks like they all are to some degree, we'll just have to wait and see how much.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Just wait until you guys see the juggle physics on Tingle.

Just wait.
I'm looking forward that, it looked great on Rufus in Street Fighter 4 :troll:

By the way, we had confirmation there's dungeons, right? We saw chests, at least. And Zelda famous z-target.
And a musou game is a new experience in the Zelda universe. Not all Zelda players plays Musou.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, judging by the website, it's going to be different.
It would be new to me anyways, I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game. (It may be more comparable but from what I've heard it's not)
It won't be.

Dynasty Warrior games, and all games made by this studio, are all the same.

They're the same recycled gameplay over and over. Zelda won't be any different from Gundam, Fist of the North Star, or Samurai Warriors in that regard.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It won't be.

Dynasty Warrior games, and all games made by this studio, are all the same.

They're the same recycled gameplay over and over. Zelda won't be any different from Gundam, Fist of the North Star, or Samurai Warriors in that regard.
So according to you, I, who never played a Dynasty Warriors, yet love Beat Them All, should not play Hyrule Warriors because it's a Dynasty Warriors?

LOGIC.

andimidna

Smash Master
From what I've heard- Dynasty Warriors hasn't sold well anywhere except Japan. And it sells extremely well in Japan.

And I'm pretty sure Zelda is bigger in America than Japan...

That may explain why you see a lot of people hyped for this game.

Japanese Dynasty Warriors fans don't care if it's the same thing and Zelda fans haven't played one yet, so it's as new as any other game.

I honestly don't see a good reason to not be hyped. I can't wait to finally play as Midna Impa.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I'm just hoping to play as Marin... Or Malon. Either one.
Maybe another Marin/Malon expy. Either way. MARIN.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So according to you, I, who never played a Dynasty Warriors, yet love Beat Them All, should not play Hyrule Warriors because it's a Dynasty Warriors?

LOGIC.
It's a pretty lowly hack and slash, and it hasn't improved much over the years.

It's not like God of War, Devil May Cry, etc.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It's a pretty lowly hack and slash, and it hasn't improved much over the years.

It's not like God of War, Devil May Cry, etc.
First of all, I may have never play it, I know what it is.
Second, I enjoyed Bayonetta, and disliked God Of War (not counting the fact I absolutely dislike Kratos, but I tried it once, and it was awful to me.)
Yet, I also had fun, with a friend, on Oneechanbara. And I admit it's a bad game. Yet, really fun.

And third point, the musou beat them genre is a little bit different to others BTA (despite BTA).

So, we got it, you dislike it.

Oh and also, aren't we waiting for a game really similar to previous installement? :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How the hell can people forget about One Piece Pirate Warriors? After all, it is based on one of the biggest anime/manga series in Japan.

Embittered (jealous) rad-feminists, priests, male Zelda purists, jealous Zelda x Link fangirls and moral guardians?
Fix'd.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To be honest, Samurai Warriors doesn't help the genre much. The only thing I liked about it was the Nazo Murasame mode from SW3.

But... I am willing to pick this one up (and I'm not even a hardcore Zelda fan) call me crazy, but I like where the story of this one's going. Reminds me of Once Upon a Time a bit, lol
(Leave me alone, it's like the Smash Bros of Disney characters live XD)

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Though I have very sparse history with Dynasty Warriors, I just love how good the fast-paced, free-moving action of spectacle fighters such as Devil May Cry. Along with the massive scale akin to an RTS. Except I hear Dynasty Warriors is infamous for being button mashy. Hope to the Hylian Goddesses that Hyrule Warrior will have different motions and combo strings for different characters.

For those of you well-versed in Tecmo Koei, have you noticed any their elements from series besides Dynasty Warriors and Legend of Zelda that have been incorporated into the game?

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I wish I had enough experience in the genre to add to any of the discussion relating to these types of games... but it's just not something I've even been interested in. Until, Zelda characters.

I'm just hoping to play as Marin... Or Malon. Either one.
Maybe another Marin/Malon expy. Either way. MARIN.
I saw you post this in the Impa thread, I thought you meant for Smash Bros and was pretty shocked-
But you better not be hatin' on Ilia
PS nice roster! (And the Hyrule Warriors suggestions are good too)

Who isn't hyped for Hyrule Warriors? People against boobs!?

Do these kinds of people even exist? Burn them! >:o

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I would love it if they had another character drive the train if they included Alfonzo, just to mess with people's heads.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Some Hyrule Warrior leaks:
http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/244602628/#244618058
I'm an insider, here are the secret characters aside from the expected big 3

Vaati
Midna, in her humanized form
Tingle
Ralph
Takamaru
Prince Richard

Misc.
Representatives of various races in human form; ie gorons
Actually would make me excited for this game.

Does anyone remember that one Hyrule Warrior leak with Takamaru, Pit, and Samus playable.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Some Hyrule Warrior leaks:
http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/244602628/#244618058

Actually would make me excited for this game.

Does anyone remember that one Hyrule Warrior leak with Takamaru, Pit, and Samus playable.
That rumor was debunked since the current plot turned out way different than what was speculated to involve link's childhood friends. This rumor seems a little more likely since it focuses only on the characters. Having Ralph in the roster would be great since he was a ****.

Ewwwww, Tingle
Fix'd to match the entire Zelda fanbase's possible reaction to this rumor. :troll:

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Fix'd to match the entire Zelda fanbase's possible reaction to this rumor. :troll:
I have no idea why Takamaru is getting so much scorn. It's not Nintendo's fault the fans jumped at the fact that he could be in the game. If we weren't just so god damn good with predictions, (And keep in mind that I'm referring to the ENTIRE SMASH BROS. FANDOM, because there are outliers on every side,) then Takamaru wouldn't have worn out by now. People would love him when (and if) he was announced.
Ah, how hype backlash SUCKS.

Top Bottom