• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(黒の魔女 シア) Black Witch, Cia! The Warriors' Foe!

Who would "Shia" most likley be a last-minute semi-clone of, if Sakurai decided to add her this way?

• Total voters

Burigu

Smash Ace

I find it hilarious that these fools think that Nintendo is "family unfriendly" just because of the inclusion of breasts in Hyrule Warriors. It's been done PLENTY of times in many Nintendo IP's already (Mario, Jam With The Band, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, ect.).
Can you tell me please the minute where they say Nintendo is family unfriendly? they mention that they wonder if Nintendo will make this game canon, speaking of Shia they in fact say they like the character, that is a good thing seen another female villian and that she has Team Ninja's "influence" in her design, I don't think I miss the mention but maybe.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Can you tell me please the minute where they say Nintendo is family unfriendly? they mention that they wonder if Nintendo will make this game canon, speaking of Shia they in fact say they like the character, that is a good thing seen another female villian and that she has Team Ninja's "influence" in her design, I don't think a miss the mention but maybe.
I didn't hear it either. I only saw them do a close-up on... Team Ninja's influence.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'd assume just as much as any Other M character is... 200th post
I guess.
I doubt Sakurai would add a character from a spin-off game that isn't even out yet, though.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Yea, and just as much as a character from Minish Cap, made by Capcom, which did get Ezlo as a sticker in Brawl :p
I guess.
I doubt Sakurai would add a character from a spin-off game that isn't even out yet, though.
Yea, nobody is expecting her. It's just an idea. She may become a popular character, but we'll just have to wait and see.
But if things do work out well for her, it could be a possibility in Smash 2020 :laugh:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Yea, and just as much as a character from Minish Cap, made by Capcom, which did get Ezlo as a sticker in Brawl :p

Yea, nobody is expecting her. It's just an idea. She may become a popular character, but we'll just have to wait and see.
But if things do work out well for her, it could be a possibility in Smash 2020 :laugh:
on the Wii Want Your Money

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wasn't expecting her thread to pop up. The way the thread progressed was weird. :laugh:

Shia doesn't quite fit the aesthetic we generally expect from Zelda villains... so I'm not sure whether she will ever appear in a mainstream Zelda title. Only will she have a real shot of getting in any future Smash Bros. A sticker and a trophy are likely, though.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
We'd be lucky to get even a trophy for her honestly. I'm assuming that Hyrule Warriors will be released after the 3DS version of Smash and I doubt she's "Roy" enough to be in the Smash roster before her game is released.
Still she seems to be an interesting character (for Hyrule Warriors). Boobs aside, it's always great to have female villains. Maybe in the next one if she isn't just a one-shot villain but it's vary unlikely since it's a spinoff game...

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Boobs? I'm in! (... This have a strange double meaning)

By the way, it will clearly not happen, but a simple trophy could be neat.

Also:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Really liking her design, (not just because if the boobs), and would love to see her in future games. Hopefully she's not a one off type of character and we see more of her. As for smash, a trophy would be her only chance but that's still really pushing it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Can you tell me please the minute where they say Nintendo is family unfriendly? they mention that they wonder if Nintendo will make this game canon, speaking of Shia they in fact say they like the character, that is a good thing seen another female villian and that she has Team Ninja's "influence" in her design, I don't think I miss the mention but maybe.
I'm more along the lines talking about the guys who are responding to this on the original YouTube page (which I should have done from the start) not Andre's crew.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm psychic. As soon as I saw her, I thought to myself: "Oh, they're going to support her for Smash as soon as possible." Because boobs muh diversity! Murrr Smash needs more cup size diversity!

Well, it's safe to say that Shia was revealed too soon to Smash 4's planned release timing. She's probably going to be in the same ranks as Ghrahim, Midna, and Vaati after this. If you want to squeeze any smidgen of hope out of this, you could say that Sakurai might have known Tecmo Koei/Team Ninja's plans when deciding the roster before now and that Roy had a similar predicament when he premiered in Melee before his game released. Even then, do you like the sound of a "last minute clone?" Why do you think Roy faces decreased odds of reappearing now?

Igneous42

Smash Ace

Nintendo...

Tread lightly...

This could be either REALLY good or REALLY bad...
How much "Nintendo" is there really in this though? It seems to me more like Nintendo is just letting Tecmo Koei use the Zelda license. Supposedly Eiji Aonuma is helping supervise some of it but that's probably just to oversee basic stuff. It's also not Zelda canon from the sounds of it, so worst case scenario it sucks in all aspects and people just forget about it since it doesn't/won't affect anything in the long run. It's not like Other M, where is sucked in every aspects and was supposed to be a canon game of the series/true sequel so we're stuck with it (though personally I hope they retcon it into oblivion but that isn't really on topic of this post). Best case scenario it could be a fun extra game in the land of Hyrule and have a really enjoyable story.

As far as the OP goes though, I gotta say no to Shia. All we've seen is her appearance and very basic details about her. I mean, I'll never say no to boobs like that but to warrant a spot on the Smash Roster I think a character has to be pretty significant to the series, we don't even know how big a role she'll play and it's a non-canon entry from what I understand. So she's not really even at the same level as Ghirahim, Vaati, Skull Kid or Zant because they are all at least Zelda canon. Unless she is so well liked in Hyrule Warriors that Nintendo keeps her around I doubt we'll ever see her in a Smash game, and we definitely won't see her in Smash 4 to any significant degree, if at all.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Good thread @ andimidna andimidna .

She is the guardian of the trifforce, she also kinda reminds me rauru with that hair and the mask, so, if this game get somehow relevant in the series i can totally expect her in future releases.

Ganon's clone, btw :p

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Good thread @ andimidna andimidna .

She is the guardian of the trifforce, she also kinda reminds me rauru with that hair and the mask, so, if this game get somehow relevant in the series i can totally expect her in future releases.

Ganon's clone, btw :p
I agree; if this game is relevant to the time-line, we might actually see her again. I do find it unlikely, but I would not mind in the slightest. I am really into witchcraft and black magic, so I can't wait to see what they do with her and that would translate really well into Smash.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I agree; if this game is relevant to the time-line, we might actually see her again. I do find it unlikely, but I would not mind in the slightest. I am really into witchcraft and black magic, so I can't wait to see what they do with her and that would translate really well into Smash.
Is pretty much how the four sword series started, is not really that unlikely :B

andimidna

Smash Master
New pictures have been added!

The first one and especially the last one are ****ing awesome.
I love how everyone is coming here to call her the new Ghirahim...
Just kidding it actually makes me passive-aggressive.
Yea, Hyrule Warriors won't be as big as Skyward Sword.
And comparing them by saying they're both only going to be villains in 1 game is inaccurate, both could easily return, we don't know yet.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So apparently, Link's will be the lady's man again in Hyrule Warriors. Here is some infos on Shia (and Link).
  • Shia, the game’s main antagonist, was in charge of protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. However, she developed feelings for Link and becomes jealous of his relationship with Princess Zelda.
  • Shia ends up becoming overcome by wickedness. With her two minions Valga and Wizro, she throws Hyrule in a state of chaos.
  • Link is a soldier-in-training in Hyrule Warriors. Famitsu confirms that the chain mail is his soldier-in-training gear.

andimidna

Smash Master

Uh oh, Shianetta's Shivy's character is getting even spicier:
Her character page description was translated here: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/hyrule-warrior-character-profiles-translated#.U36WBi-p2jE
Shia, The Black Witch; An evil witch, who had her good soul chased out of her by dark forces. She has a strong sense of self, clearly states her desires, and a provocative and aggressive personality. She wants to make the whole world hers, but especially she wants to make Link hers.

So apparently, Link's will be the lady's man again in Hyrule Warriors. Here is some infos on Shia (and Link).

• Shia, the game’s main antagonist, was in charge of protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. However, she developed feelings for Link and becomes jealous of his relationship with Princess Zelda.

• Shia ends up becoming overcome by wickedness. With her two minions Valga and Wizro, she throws Hyrule in a state of chaos.

• Link is a soldier-in-training in Hyrule Warriors. Famitsu confirms that the chain mail is his soldier-in-training gear.

Yes! Yes! More info! Gimme!

Edit: well that quoted weird....

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Interesting. The main plot triggered by lust and unrequited love, a first of the kind for a Zelda game.
Wonder how the eternal Link x Zelda will-they-or-won't-they will play out in all of this.

IronFish

Smash Ace
also looking at the poll, how can she be a clone of Palutena if she isn't in the game? (Palutena I mean) :troll:

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
also looking at the poll, how can she be a clone of Palutena if she isn't in the game? (Palutena I mean) :troll:
[collapse=Well of course she's in the game]
[/collapse]
Err... I mean...
It is the most plausible option for Shia to be a last-minute clone of Palutena. And I'm not talking about body-type Falcondorf logic, which would work, but Shia is seen with a staff. So that's probably what her fighting style will be based on in Hyrule Warriors. Magic and staff-stuff. And maybe calling in some of her minions.
Looks like a match to me:

But Zelda is the next most likely option so I'm glad these are the top 2.

And before you ask if Palutena is really in...

Yes.
She is.
End of chapter.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
After reading her backstory, not only am I actually interested in a Zelda game for the first time in ages (or since Ages, lol) but I'm actually willing to support her inclusion for SSB4/5.

It's sort of triggered an "oh snap!" feeling in me. I feel it's pretty dang late, though. :(

Top Bottom