• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

♫ Lucario Interview Thread ♫ - Junebug

Zucco

Smash Master
I think our weakness [as a character] is time-outs.

Do you agree or disagree?I think its one of our biggest weaknesses, yeah. cant really catch the fast characters who plan to run for 8 minutes unless you make some really good reads. our aura kinda sucks too. sure we can do some crazy **** before we die but if we dont do the work at first the battle just becomes even more uphill, and the little variables you have to remember when fighting someone is just annoying.
Zucco how do you feel about the lucario ditto? I often make the joke of that the lucario that wins the dittor is the bad one.
I hate it, and would choose to go Ness or Falco if I ever had to fight another Lucario in bracket again.
alright guess im done.

Browny

Smash Hater
Oh yeah I have that irc log saved from kitas questions btw, Ill bring that out if stauffy wins this round.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Are you going to enjoy winning $50 dollars, will that cheer you up?

How would you rate yourself as a Lucario skillwise?

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
What keeps you from ending your existence, depresssion/hate/negativity aside, there must be SOMETHING that keeps you going, I highly doubt that your negative-ish persona is a mask, but if it is, you got me.

When did the persona of you being... like.. negative and stuff start? I don't remember you being like this entirely in 08, but I don't remember when you started either, its been bothering me for awhile lol.

Besides the fact I put time and effort in worthless things and use silly moves and my decision making is quite frankly, less than stellar, what keeps me back in your opinion? you probably know this one better then a lot of people here.

more later

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Are you going to enjoy winning $50 dollars, will that cheer you up?
Silly RR, money can't buy happiness.

How would you rate yourself as a Lucario skillwise?
This is a hard question for me to answer. Even moreso when I've kinda stopped playing.
I'd really hate to overstate my skill and come off as arrogant. But if I understate it people think I'm being overly modest, or worse, assume that I'm fishing for compliments.
But let's look at hard results. In my prime (which I no longer am) I had some wins against some really good Socal pros at various local level tournies, without ever really having one standout placing. I was never a threat at a national or really even at a regional like some other procarios whose names I may or may not have been placed beside were.
Those are facts. If you want to know how good I am(was) you can look at those and decide for yourself. Actions speak louder than words, etc.

What keeps you from ending your existence, depresssion/hate/negativity aside, there must be SOMETHING that keeps you going, I highly doubt that your negative-ish persona is a mask, but if it is, you got me.
This is a wildly inappropriate thing to be expecting someone to talk about on a message board.

When did the persona of you being... like.. negative and stuff start? I don't remember you being like this entirely in 08, but I don't remember when you started either, its been bothering me for awhile lol.
By most accounts, around 10 years ago.
There are always ebbs and flows, though, so maybe that's why you're mixed up.

Besides the fact I put time and effort in worthless things and use silly moves and my decision making is quite frankly, less than stellar, what keeps me back in your opinion? you probably know this one better then a lot of people here.
Dude, you basically just asked me what made the opera good besides the music.
Why don't you remedy those problems you just listed first?

Browny

Smash Hater
('-' )( '-') ( ._.) (._. )
[21:12] <kitamerby> so stauffy, who do you think is better than luc that are under him in the current tier list?
[21:13] <stauffy> who's better than lucario that's under him
[21:13] <stauffy> that depends
[21:13] <kitamerby> who's more viable?
[21:13] <stauffy> are we assuming opponents are 100% playing to win by which i mean gaying and timing out
[21:13] <stauffy> which for now is pretty much theorycraft
[21:14] <kitamerby> why not listing both? It'll make a longer answer.
[21:14] <stauffy> if we're not assuming that than nobody
[21:15] <stauffy> he's in the right place
[21:15] <kitamerby> and if we are?
[21:15] <stauffy> and should be above g&w because i'm petty like that
[21:15] <stauffy> a lot of people probably lol
[21:16] <kitamerby> any examples? You've already mentioned sonic as an example in the past, so who else?
[21:16] <stauffy> peach maybe
[21:17] <stauffy> *swallows pride*
[21:17] <stauffy> pit...
[21:17] <stauffy> *vomit*
[21:17] <stauffy> not sure about toon link but i guess so
[21:18] <stauffy> zamus i guess?
[21:18] <stauffy> everyone else idunno
[21:18] <kitamerby> peach? That's a rare answer. Most people lately have been talking about how peach is actually getting worse as people find out more ways to abuse her.
[21:18] <stauffy> the rest of the people below him either get gayed themselves or are just terrible characters
[21:18] <stauffy> are they now
[21:18] <kitamerby> yeah
[21:19] <stauffy> well i don't exactly keep up with current events
[21:19] <stauffy> so remember to take all i say with a grain of salt lol
[21:19] <kitamerby> i've been talking with a few people on the subject of peach lately, and i've gotten just a bunch of random tips and tricks that negate a lot of her pressure/make her have harder times killing you
[21:19] <stauffy> like what
[21:20] <kitamerby> and they seem to add up quickly.
[21:20] <kitamerby> if you shield the first few hits of dair and drop shield late in the move, you can sdi up and actually hit her with a fast aerial
[21:21] <kitamerby> more ways to abuse her recovery, common patterns, etc.
[21:21] <stauffy> i've known how to abuse peach's recovery for a while lol
[21:21] <kitamerby> that's the only one that comes off the top of my head for now, though.
[21:22] <stauffy> i guess maybe not her then, who knows

[21:22] <kitamerby> what're your thoughts on fox? Some people seem to be getting on the fox hype train pretty readily. Do you think there's any truth behind all of the hype?
[21:22] <stauffy> maybe when i say lucario is bad in theory what i really mean is that high tier needs to be smaller
[21:23] <stauffy> or removed entirely.
[21:23] <stauffy> fox....
[21:23] <stauffy> i've played with tkd. A lot.
[21:23] <stauffy> anything i say will be biased
[21:23] <kitamerby> that's fine. Tkd is where most of the hype comes from, after all.
[21:24] <stauffy> i'll say this much
[21:24] <stauffy> when anyone says "<character> goes even with meta knight for real!" i scoff and ignore the claim
[21:24] <stauffy> when tkd says fox goes even with meta knight i seriously consider he might be right
[21:24] <stauffy> make of that what you will

[21:25] <kitamerby> thank you for the wonderful interview. I'm sure we've all learned quite a lot today. This is reporter kitamerby, signing off.
[21:25] <stauffy> good. So i don't have to do it in the thread ri-
[21:25] <stauffy> fffffffff
[21:25] <stauffy> all my hate
[21:26] <stauffy> all the hate. All of it.
[21:12] <%browny> ill ask u for a pic of ur lucario watch, and where i can buy one
[21:13] <stauffy> you can buy it in japan
[21:31] <stauffy> http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/296/img20110120025826.jpg

culexus・wau

This is a wildly inappropriate thing to be expecting someone to talk about on a message board.

whoops, well theres my lack of tact showing again. sorry :<

By most accounts, around 10 years ago.
There are always ebbs and flows, though, so maybe that's why you're mixed up.

hmmm, alright.

Dude, you basically just asked me what made the opera good besides the music.
Why don't you remedy those problems you just listed first?

because the former 2 are problems I'm willing to live with until I reach a level of consistency in my life [not just smash, medication, school, etc], and the I don't really know how to the fix the 3rd. if there's one thing I'm a big failure at its self-evaluation. ATM I'm just working on making the fundamentals of my gameplay stronger but I don't know what the problem is besides that [and how easily I'm affected by outside interference, but thats a problem I already have a working solution to]

responses.

Can you go to genesis? I think my life would be almost complete if we would be able to get a stauff - zucco - trela - june - ksizzle + more lucarios picture.

it would truly be complete if azen was included.

but alas, one can only dream.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Oh my...

Stauffy, what would your ideal stagelist be?
The Japanese one
lol maybe a few more stages than that but not many. I'm pretty firmly conservative about stagelists.

What do you normally ban against Metas, etc.
Ban Brinstar if it's legal, ban Rainbow Cruise if it isn't.

I guess that was silly to say, can I fill your dark soul with light?
Bwa ha ha. You can try.

How did you practice with Lucario?
Mainly just playing a bunch with people, many of whom were better than me. Living in a region like Socal, and more importantly living within driving distance from players like Havok and Tearbear, is a pretty big advantage for that.
Also, I don't half-*** things in friendlies. I play my friendlies 100% as if it was a tournament set. If you're playing a friendly to practice so that you can do better in tournaments down the line, you can't expect to get the full effect if you play differently between the two environments.

responses.

Can you go to genesis? I think my life would be almost complete if we would be able to get a stauff - zucco - trela - june - ksizzle + more lucarios picture.

it would truly be complete if azen was included.

but alas, one can only dream.
Are all those guys really coming? Isn't Ksizzle done?
Regardless, unless I get some inspiration to go full on in Smash again it'd be silly for me to go.

Stauffy do you love me?
Stauffy do you love him?
Stauffy are you Nexus?
Because you know...You're either Nexus or you're against us.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ever watched The Room?

Anything you recommend Lucarios start doing or something they shouldn't be doing, both in game and on the forums?

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Stauffy, what happened to my sweet girl?
SHE'S GONE

Ever watched The Room?
Nope.

Anything you recommend Lucarios start doing or something they shouldn't be doing, both in game and on the forums?
They shouldn't be playing Lucario?

Well okay now that that's out of the way, don't advocate something when you haven't actually done and gotten a reasonable degree of success with it in actual play first. Also, stop looking in stupid places for some magical answer to dealing with a problem and start looking in the obvious places. If you can't get around some problem it's probably because you're not using Lucario's core moveset well enough, not because you need more gimmicky bull****.
Seriously, the character is a gimmick on its own no matter what you do. No need to add to it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I recommend watching The Room, it's a level of bad that needs to be seen to beleive it.

In LoL who do you like the play as?

How have I been as a mod for here? I kinda want to know if I should do anything to improve here, and I know your good and being bluntly honest.

Lucario vs Olimar is something I struggle with a bit, any personal tips on that match-up?

Am I asking too many questions?

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
In LoL who do you like the play as?
Nasus and Twisted Fate have been my favorites. Sion can be a whole lot of fun since they added the Deathcap too.
I haven't really played that much as of late... hmm.

How have I been as a mod for here? I kinda want to know if I should do anything to improve here, and I know your good and being bluntly honest.
Well I haven't seen any issues. Must mean you're doing the job right.

Lucario vs Olimar is something I struggle with a bit, any personal tips on that match-up?
I'm really not good at that matchup lol.
If you really want advice I guess go look at the old MU thread discussions, a lot of the stuff Flamewave said was basically what I tried to teach him about the matchup iirc.

Am I asking too many questions?
Well that's the point of this, isn't it

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
CAWCAWCAW

Uhh, Idunno. I've had a love of birds since I was a kid for one reason or another. And crows are rather striking and they flock a lot around the park right outside my backyard. They're also extraordinarily intelligent among birds, a trait I respect.

Or maybe I'm aspiring to be a lame gothy supervillain, who knows

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Probably because I wear it everywhere.

Nah really, I've been a pretty compulsive jacket-wearer since high school at least. I think that started when I fell in love with Rurouni Kenshin, since my favorite character was always Aoshi and his amazingly badass coat.
I wore a regular green jacket for a while through high school, then later on a regular black jacket. It was around the time I was going to be moving away for university that I spontaneously decided I should try a bit of a wardrobe change, and after a bit of deliberation thought maybe I'd look good in a jean jacket. AND LO AND BEHOLD I DID
This actually happened not that long before I first went to a tournament. What luck, eh?

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
His coat was not badass

He made his coat badass!
Just because he was a badass in his own right doesn't mean his coat wasn't also badass in its own right.

Whats the story behind the Shuma Gorath avatars orz
Not much of a story I guess. I just think he looks cool.
On the rare occasions when I would play fighting games I traditionally would gravitate towards the exotic-looking and inhuman characters because I found human characters boring. Shuma is about as obvious an example of this as you could get lol.
Also he was a pretty distinguishing symbol for me when I played TF2 so that's kinda stuck with me.

Why not a crow?
Indeed, that too.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
What do you feel is holding me back from becoming as good as I can be with Lucario?

Favorite Fire Emblem character?

If you could conquer a country, which would it be?

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
What do you feel is holding me back from becoming as good as I can be with Lucario?
Frustration issues. Take it from personal experience, that stuff will mess with your game in ways beyond the obvious.
Granted I haven't seen you play in a while. But I've felt for a while that your grasp of mechanics is down pretty well and your biggest weakness was mentality-related.

Favorite Fire Emblem character?
Hmmm
Legault or Gerik, probably.

If you could conquer a country, which would it be?
I've always wanted to be the supreme overlord of France.

culexus・wau

Whats my largest strength as a lucario player? in general? :>

You found a magic lamp, You have 3 wishes, how do you use them?

Boring and peaceful or exciting and dangerous?

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Whats my largest strength as a lucario player? in general? :>
Uhhh, probably creativity. Doing stuff outside the box that nobody expects. I think Havok said something similar that time you played him.
If this sounds like mixed signals from what I'm always telling you it's because you need to learn the time and place for such play.

You found a magic lamp, You have 3 wishes, how do you use them?
I wish for the strength to change the things I can and the patience to accept the things I can't.
Third wish is for a piano to fall on MTI.

Boring and peaceful or exciting and dangerous?
Exciting and dangerous. Nothing worse than boredom.

Top Bottom