• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Heartz is back from offline 1v1s. Wow, I just realized how much better I am without button delay. Gee, now I wish they would fix up Brawl Wifi.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
The largest thing button delay can cause is when they differ in the same match, thats why Online Brawl can't really be used as a measure of your true skill

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Heartz is back from offline 1v1s. Wow, I just realized how much better I am without button delay. Gee, now I wish they would fix up Brawl Wifi.
The only thing that the lag messes up for me is the Ice Climber's chaingrabs. And I can do that online sometimes now. I guess I'm used to it now.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
The largest thing button delay can cause is when they differ in the same match, thats why Online Brawl can't really be used as a measure of your true skill
Yeah, that sometimes happens when I battle, especially with Mitsu/Duo/Link/any other siblings they might have.

But yeah, I try to take online battles with a grain of salt.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
If you take online battles with a grain of salt...then wouldn't that mean that people you believe are skilled...may not be that skilled in real life? I don't think online screws things up that much.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The only thing that the lag messes up for me is the Ice Climber's chaingrabs. And I can do that online sometimes now. I guess I'm used to it now.
That is the reason why I don't use Zelda online often. The button lag makes it hard for me to land lightning kicks and execute Din's Fire at certain times.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
If you take online battles with a grain of salt...then wouldn't that mean that people you believe are skilled...may not be that skilled in real life? I don't think online screws things up that much.
It can go either way. I play Mitsu/Duo for example, and apparently he gets a lot of lag while I don't. I can tell because of how they mess up a lot of moves or do other things that I don't think would happen offline.

I'm a different case. As I told Chaco, I think I'm actually better online than offline since I've been playing mostly online recently, and I usually am used to or adapt to the lag. But I don't know for sure, and it's not like I can play any of you in a lagless battle (as awesome as that would be).

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
You are so fragile, Adam. The interweb conceals all, but no matter how close you are to me, my poker face shall not reveal my emotion...
It means that even though she seems to be a cold, emotionless girl, she is really a cheerful, happy-go-lucky schoolgirl.

@ Princess: I like Kirby! Hated his anime though. >_> I only liked when he transformed.

@ Snop: Couldn't you just....look at my post? o.o;

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
0 . 0, what does that mean
Translation: Over the internet, it is hard to tell if a person is mad, happy, or sad. In person, I tend to keep a straight face so that people won't know what I am feeling, so it doesn't really matter how you interact with me.

Stooping down to your level of vocabulary is quite the embarrassment on my part.. >_>

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It means that even though she seems to be a cold, emotionless girl, she is really a cheerful, happy-go-lucky schoolgirl.

@ Princess: I like Kirby! Hated his anime though. >_> I only liked when he transformed.

I think I might be the only person alive that actually liked he Kirby anime.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

Wait, wha? NO. Not even in the ball park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom