• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
>.>;

Kingdom Hearts?

BLARG.

I hate to say it, kiddies, but I got the Devil's back on this one. Or does he have mine?

However, I won't come down too hard on the franchise. It's sold a bajillion bloody copies and has had great commercial success for good reason. It's kinda like how I feel about the Harry Potter franchise: I personally don't find it be a bloody hallmark of all things literature, but I give tremendous amounts of kudos to J.K. Rowling for putting out a series that appealed to a broad and expansive audience. She is the only WRITER in the world to make at least a billion dollars or more from her writing. Not even Stephen King has been able to top that.

So while I may dislike KH, to deny that it didn't do well and succeed in some areas would be pretty lame.

Smooth Criminal
unfrortunately Smooth, I love KH. As for Sora, exhabit A, growing up, on the Island Sora spent most of his time with Riku and not Kairi (and I'm talking about after Kairi came). The whole emo and gay thing isn't at all explored in one though, so thats all one has to contribute. 2 however....lets get started. Now Sora's primary concern is to locate Riku and go home, yet it's his order that makes no sense, why Riku first. Later throughout the game Sora also gets emotional at such trivial things, and even acts dark and moody at some odd times, now I'm not saying acting mad at Goofy's "death" make him emo, but to worry about Maleficent for example makes no sense for a non-emo. As well, even after Kairi is taken, Sora's focus seems to remain on Riku and destroying the organization.

However it is all best sumed up at the end. Kairi was well acknowledged to be in danger, Rike acknowledged to be just fine and on his own. When Sora sees Kairi he is happy, but he seems to not truly care, about his friend who was just held captive by his greatest enemy at the time. But when Riku, who was already established infront of Sora's own eyes, eas revealed to finally eb in front of him, Sora crys his heart out, saying how much he missed Riku and that he never wanted Riku to leave him again, so basically it's like Riku, thank god your here with me, O hi Kairi. Then the end, instead of trying to start some goal to search for Kairi, he just decides since Riku is there, that he's happy with staying with Riku for the rest of their lives.

And on my last note, Smash and Halo rock Smooth

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I think the way Ness shouts "PK Starstorm" is awesome and so much better than Lucas's way.

Other than that, yeah Ness's voice actor is kinda funny that way XD

Good night, Cinder.

And they made Parappa into an anime?!

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
unfrortunately Smooth, I Love Kh. As For Sora, Exhabit A, Growing Up, On The Island Sora Spent Most Of His Time With Riku And Not Kairi (and I'm Talking About After Kairi Came). The Whole Emo And Gay Thing Isn't At All Explored In One Though, So Thats All One Has To Contribute. 2 However....lets Get Started. Now Sora's Primary Concern Is To Locate Riku And Go Home, Yet It's His Order That Makes No Sense, Why Riku First. Later Throughout The Game Sora Also Gets Emotional At Such Trivial Things, And Even Acts Dark And Moody At Some Odd Times, Now I'm Not Saying Acting Mad At Goofy's "death" Make Him Emo, But To Worry About Maleficent For Example Makes No Sense For A Non-emo. As Well, Even After Kairi Is Taken, Sora's Focus Seems To Remain On Riku And Destroying The Organization.

However It Is All Best Sumed Up At The End. Kairi Was Well Acknowledged To Be In Danger, Rike Acknowledged To Be Just Fine And On His Own. When Sora Sees Kairi He Is Happy, But He Seems To Not Truly Care, About His Friend Who Was Just Held Captive By His Greatest Enemy At The Time. But When Riku, Who Was Already Established Infront Of Sora's Own Eyes, Eas Revealed To Finally Eb In Front Of Him, Sora Crys His Heart Out, Saying How Much He Missed Riku And That He Never Wanted Riku To Leave Him Again, So Basically It's Like Riku, Thank God Your Here With Me, O Hi Kairi. Then The End, Instead Of Trying To Start Some Goal To Search For Kairi, He Just Decides Since Riku Is There, That He's Happy With Staying With Riku For The Rest Of Their Lives.

And On My Last Note, Smash And Halo Rock Smooth
Topic Locked

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I think the way Ness shouts "PK Starstorm" is awesome and so much better than Lucas's way.

Other than that, yeah Ness's voice actor is kinda funny that way XD

Good night, Cinder.

And they made Parappa into an anime?!
Yeah he does say it cooler. It'd be better if it were a bit more English, but w/e. XD

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Halo's story disappointed me in the end, Devil.

I bought Halo 3 strictly for that purpose, thinking that it was going to end with a bang. Instead, it snuffed itself out with all the gusto of blown-out candle. There was just so much stuff that could've been done with the setting they created---so much!---and they neglected to use it or even expound on it any further.

Ah, well. I ended up selling my 360 and Halo to pay bills. Guess if I want epic stories I should stick to RPGs. Lol

Edit: I liked Falco's "MISSION COMPREEETE." I love Engrish.

Smooth Criminal

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Halo's story disappointed me in the end, Devil.

I bought Halo 3 strictly for that purpose, thinking that it was going to end with a bang. Instead, it snuffed itself out with all the gusto of blown-out candle. There was just so much stuff that could've been done with the setting they created---so much!---and they neglected to use it or even expound on it any further.

Ah, well. I ended up selling my 360 and Halo to pay bills. Guess if I want epic stories I should stick to RPGs. Lol

Edit: I liked Falco's "MISSION COMPREEETE." I love Engrish.

Smooth Criminal
The ending to me seemed appropriate, it could of been alot better, but it could of been worse (Halo 2), what bugged me was the entire end level, it's like they ran out of ideas and just decided to say, hey, it was fun the first time, so lets do another Warthog run. If they had to go that option, they should atleast made it different by using the Banshee or something

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
LOL @ Devil's explanation, it's soooo true XD

And curse you Lee....I'm...actually watching the first episode. I love the second opening a lot more, especially 'cause Crystal Kay sings it. The first opening made me feel like I just did weed.

Oh, and I always found it funny how Lucas ended up getting an English VA despite his game never being released here XD

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord

Ya gotta believe! xD (Sorry, had to.) ^^
Heh, is this a reference I should get or something?

Why the heck isn't Earthbound available in the Virtual Console yet? =(
Because Nintendo seems to hate Mother. (I don't even play the games, but they don't seem to want to involve themselves with that franchise at all)

I never even played the Parappa games, but I'm tempted to look into this for kicks.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The ending to me seemed appropriate, it could of been alot better, but it could of been worse (Halo 2), what bugged me was the entire end level, it's like they ran out of ideas and just decided to say, hey, it was fun the first time, so lets do another Warthog run. If they had to go that option, they should atleast made it different by using the Banshee or something
Awwwwwww, dude. The end level was ****ing amazing. It felt like vintage Halo.

OMG, I need a console up in my apartment. I need my vidjo game fix.

o.o;

Smooth Criminal

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Ah. I don't know why they changed their voices. Fox's 64 voice was the best yet. I am glad they put that in Brawl. "This is Fox. Returning to base!" Classic...
It was a hollow victory without "Can't let you do that Star Fox

@Smooth-I won't deny, it had an epic feel about it, but especially on Legendary it seemed sorta lazyily thrown together (though the level right before was by far my least favorite level)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yeah, they really should have done that with more characters.
Well they couldn't. The Star Fox series is like the main Nintendo series of voice acting. Mario and Luigi can't have conversations, Link doesn't talk, Pokemon only say their names, and Ness has poor English.

leechaolan

Smash Lord
Heh, is this a reference I should get or something?

Because Nintendo seems to hate Mother. (I don't even play the games, but they don't seem to want to involve themselves with that franchise at all)

I never even played the Parappa games, but I'm tempted to look into this for kicks.
The Parappa games are amazing. A lot of fun ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom