• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
When you arrive at my house DO NOT PLAY WITH THE PUPPY. It isn't ours but wandered to our house. Please leave the dog be and do not let it into my house. We're trying to contact its owners. It's friendly and will not bite you.

Reminder: PLEASE bring setups.I've lost so many this week, we won't have any guarenteed setups AT ALL if you guys don't bring any.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Lol w/e then. **** the crew. Yall can keep bein scrub friendly and stay stuck in the same place yall been at. I'ma keep gettin better without the crew. So take me off the PR panel, and don't expect me to play in crews. Don't expect me to try to help you get better at the game. Don't expect **** from me.

As of now, I no longer consider myself a part of this crew. So I'll just "stfu" and you guys wont have to "stand for constant, tasteless bashing" anymore. I'm not goin out of my way to be nice, nor am I gonna sand bag you guys and play friendly just bc we're supposed to be friends. If you meet me in brackets today, ur gon get ur **** wrecked like I don't know you.

Nuff said.

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
Im surprised u stayed this long. I quit the crew after hobo lol. I called in sick so i might come if i feel better.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
As of now, I no longer consider myself a part of this crew. So I'll just "stfu" and you guys wont have to "stand for constant, tasteless bashing" anymore.
I get it but it needed to be said. Tell me what the purpose of it was, and what it'd be doing to help us move forward, if you're stumped my post stands as is. You'll either bounce back eventually, or I can make use of this rivalry for as long as you want to keep it going, not to be mean but it works for me either way.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
As of now, I no longer consider myself a part of this crew.

It really sucks to hear this KY. I can see where you're coming from to some extent but I also think this is an unfair decision. It was like Cameron said a couple weeks ago; the goal of the crew is to improve every player, regardless of personal vendettas. I really hope you reconsider this decision though, you're a really chill dude and I know the crew loves having you around. You give us a lot of good practice too, which you know we all need. I can't tell you to drop the beef you have with Fragbait; people have tried but it's gone too far at this point. I hope you can just make the choice to ignore him.

On a lighter note, good luck to everyone at the bi-weekly.
Dodge for the All Spark took First in the high school division for Dodgeball and we made it through to playoffs as the 6th seed out of 33 teams. We got knocked out of men's but I still think it was successful. =]

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Doubles
1: Afterlife Emmissaries (KY & Domo)
2: Meta Gear Solid (Affinity & Karmacide)
3: Jiggz & Niggz (Clel & Inferno)
4: Sherlock Doom (Holms & Mr. Doom)
5: Snake Trainers (Steeler & Ratman)
5: Zer0 Gravity (Blarg & Firestorm)
7: Xiaolin Soccer (Degyn & Zhoa)
7: Butterfly Effect (Bojo & Chaos)
9: NoName (Aaron & Christina)

Singles
1: Domo - Meta Knight
2: Affinity - Meta Knight
3: Inferno - Bowser/Meta Knight/DDD
4: Karmacide - Snake
5: Mr. Doom - Ike
5: Zer0 - Ice Climbers
7: Ratman - Snake
7: KY - Pit
9: Holms - Zero Suit Samus
9: ChaostheoryX - Lucas
9: Steeler - Pokemon Trainer
9: Fragbait - Falco
13: Blarg - Ice Climbers
13: Clel - Meta Knight/Marth
13: Zhao - Game and watch
13: DegynSefer - Lucario
17: Christina - Zelda
17: Leea - Meta Knight

Good games tonight guys but I think this will be the final event of the bi-weekly series.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
we had some lights show at the biweekly but i think its fair to say that the smash community in wichita is dead. not even a full year...... so sad.

Legan

Smash Lord
we had some lights show at the biweekly but i think its fair to say that the smash community in wichita is dead. not even a full year...... so sad.
That sucks, Kansas has mad potential. Whos gunna rival MI if you guys dont stay on top of your game, you gunna let them keep thinkin they're the only talent Midwest got?

Get it together guys, try to make it out to the kahoka tourney. Yall just need some Legan in your lives again, its just withdrawals.

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
Lol legan main diddy with me!

Sorry couldnt make it tonight. Got the flu last night :( felt like i was hung over this moring. I had to call in.

I will prob start a competitive crew soon.

Gtfo stealth.

Holms

Smash Ace
The crew is dead because people keep "leaving." I keep hearing that "no one wants to get better," even though some of us are actually getting better. Moreover, the people who want others to get better are either not being very patient/helpful or doing their own thing. I dunno, it's just what I'm seeing.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
No more bi-weeklies + crew's dead is pretty surprising news and all, but if people leaving the crew is indeed what caused it I guess I have to accept partial blame.

Looks like I won't be able to redeem that epic failure ROFL!

supergamer001

Smash Ace
I don't see it as dead yet. I know some people were taking a break from smash but it could easily turn into being dead if we don't treat the situation properly. I'm for the most part done with my break but I still haven't played Lucario in two weeks and I don't trust using any of my secondaries for use in a tournament. I'm just trying to have fun with the game again before i work on being serious again.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
mr. doom, check your youtube account as soon as you can.

anyways

you guys are silly lol. what are you talking about? "the crew is dead"?

hey

we don't even know what the **** the crew is. people talk about leaving the crew, banning people from joining the crew, etc etc...what do YOU think the crew is? as far as i'm concerned, i'm just playing brawl with some of my friends. it's the reason why when i get down on my performances, i keep coming back. or the reason why i go on road trips even though i've never placed higher than 25th. because y'all are my friends.

anyway before this gets too mushy

about bi-weekly attendance. let's take a break and develop some advertisement strategies, hm? i've always thought we should open up a facebook group page for "wichita brawl community" or something to get some new blood in. imo that's what we need. new blood. advertise at geeky places like agents of comics (well, maybe not there) or other similar stores and perhaps put up posters at other events like animefests and such to get the word out that HEY if you like brawl, there's a group of good players in wichita.

i really like the facebook idea though. if people think it's a good idea, i'll start one up.

finally

legan gtfo of our thread kid

jk i love you lets team again!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
No, I want Legan to stay so he can hear me gloat about myself. jk

Steeler, I got your YouTube messages (electronic mail rocks).

I do like the Facebook idea as well.

(Oops, I forgot to click "Post Quick Reply"!)

EDIT: Some of the videos dropped frames! Others have the music out of sync! This is total ***********! I'm ticked, now!

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I'm with steeler on this one. I am just playing brawl with a bunch of friends, not really playing playing brawl with a crew. I play to have fun while trying to be the best at my character.

We really have never even said who was truely in the crew. It's always like "oh the people that are in the crew know who they are" and then you talk about "oh well these people can't be in the crew" or "well I feel like we should have a set list of who in the crew" and nothing really happens

I don't think that totally dropping the bi-weeklies is a good idea at all. Like steeler said we need to start putting up advertisement to try and get more people because just asking people to bring their friends doesn't always work. Until we get the advertisement all figured out and posted I don't think a break from the bi-weeklies would be the worst idea ever.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
i think wat steeler and chaos are talking about may be the dividing line between a lot of things. as i see it the difference between the crew and non is who wants to go where. some ppl say they play for fun then they obviously dont want to be in a competetive crew. i think alot of players who consider themselves to be better players in the area or are consider by others to be a better player in the area are tired of the i jus play for fun thing and then the johns. i mean playing for fun is up to u but its annoying when someone who "plays for fun" is getting mad cause they are losing and other things like that. if u wanna play to get better SHOW IT. personally i have a lot of interest in zero as a player. his work ethic and his ability to not be afraid of losing could help everyone. but i digress lets get back to this crew thing. lets take a real crew know to all as ENEMY CONTROLLER. now as much as some ppl dont like inui he did a good job with his crew. lookat the top players. do u see how they could all be rivals? do u see howat any point they all be fighting for 1st? they all do their own part to get better and they all kick ***. now lets take into comparison wichita. most ppl only practice like once a week and even then they arent seriously practicing. so how could anyone here even complain if they place low? u put in wat u get out. i work almost 9 hrs a day and practice at least 2 on computers almost every night. again we come back to the same thing. wat do u do?

these mindsets and other things mentioned should be taken into account when deciding a crew or any other decision affecting the whole. so do some soul searching everyone and find your own answer to wat do u wanna do? y? and if u wanna take it all the way how are u gonna get there?

and as for the biweeklies idc who u are there are no things that "should happen" everyone has their chance its wat u make of it. if u lose dont john about this or that cause if 1 slip up costs u the match u should get better so it takes more that one or better yet make it so it takes more than one and u still dont slip up. GREAT JOB ZERO I LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING U PLAY AGAIN AND PLAYING AGAINST U PRACTICE PAYS OFF. FIN

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I'm gonna go ahead and make the facebook group.
Unfortunately I don't have too many of you added so I'll just add the link to the group here in a little bit.

As far as Domo's post I don't want to make excuses but let's face it. I've been a pretty busy kid and I'm in high school so going OoS isn't really an option yet. I did hear someone talking about a tournament in KC in May that I would love to go to. I think everyone knows I'm trying to get better; I've learned a stupid amount from the people I've met playing Brawl. This "breakdown" won't help any of us in my opinion. I this doesn't mean we stop meeting up and gaming.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I think you are reading what I said differently from what I meant. Yes I play to have fun but how does that mean in any way that I don’t play to get better? It doesn’t.

And who gave you the right to tell some people they aren’t working hard enough at it. Not everybody learns by fighting CPU’s. Some people can only learn by fighting actual people and since we only ever meet up once or twice a week how is that their fault? Just because fighting CPU’s works for you doesn’t mean it does for every other person in our “crew”. Personally I get better by playing other people and watching my videos. I spend most of my free time watching all my videos 10+ times looking for ways I can improve. So really you shouldn’t point fingers at people saying they aren’t working hard enough at it when they can only learn a certain way.

And personally I hate it when people take a game to the level of complete seriousness without taking the time to really enjoy it. Yes winning is great but if that is all people care about they WILL get annoyed and want to quit after they lose some matches and some people will look at what they lost to and how they can improve but most people will only be thinking about not being able to win no matter what and then they get stressed when they play more games resulting in worse game play. If people aren’t enjoying the game then they won’t really want to practice at all. In competition you have to enjoy what you are doing in order to do well.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
im not saying it should. but wat i said still stands true. if u wanna get better make a plan. i never said u had to play every day thats jus wat i do but if u make a plan to play as much as u can when u can then can u ask for any more? and i never said we need to stop meeting up and gaming that post was more meant as food for thought and expressions of my feelings on the subject. its meant to be argued cause when u argue that means u at least thinking. and to be honest im not part of the crew so thats for yall. i know wat ima do so yea have fun wit that.

chaos did i say u not working hard enough. i said wat do u do? if u do wat u can great but inside if u know u can do more do it. i can see why kyle is through wit this ****. some things seem to fall on deaf ears so take it how u will peace out dudes.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
im not saying it should. but wat i said still stands true. if u wanna get better make a plan. i never said u had to play every day thats jus wat i do but if u make a plan to play as much as u can when u can then can u ask for any more? and i never said we need to stop meeting up and gaming that post was more meant as food for thought and expressions of my feelings on the subject. its meant to be argued cause when u argue that means u at least thinking. and to be honest im not part of the crew so thats for yall. i know wat ima do so yea have fun wit that.

chaos did i say u not working hard enough. i said wat do u do? if u do wat u can great but inside if u know u can do more do it. i can see why kyle is through wit this ****. some things seem to fall on deaf ears so take it how u will peace out dudes.
As poorly written as Domo's posts are (L2E!....j/k), he makes a good point on a lot of things. And like he said, those who leave the crew, whatever the crew is, are still playing with everyone else at the friendly get togethers. But still, some of us need that hardcore practice if we want to push our games to the next level. I feel I've reached the point where I can't be ******* around all the time anymore, because I need that practice to go to the next step.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
(also, power rankings will be up in a few)

domo you bring up some good arguments. it's all about how much work you put in.

personally, i'm playing to win and to improve, but i value the friendships i've made more than my advancement as a player. having friends is just more important than being good at a game. that doesn't mean i'm not working at the game (because playing pokemon trainer takes a ****load of work). i hope you guys understand that. i wouldn't wish pt as a main on anyone...lol.

i don't understand the discussion about the "crew" because as far as i know, this "crew" doesn't determine who shows up to smashfests, or who goes OoS, or who goes into crew battles at tournaments.

but maybe i'm wrong and just don't know because i'm not in the crew. ;)

DeathxTouch

Smash Apprentice
Random question. Can anyone provide me the link affinity had for changing brawl music? Also if you're still here Legan, just saying Hi. I am the kid you sacrificed your hip for.

Top Bottom