• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Über-pro Falcon guide by AngeloBangelo OMFG VERSION 2.00 IS OUT!!!1

Reno_

Smash Cadet
angelo, i have been working on my c-falc for a while now, and practice is going about 5 times as fast thanks to your guide. it took me like 2 weeks just to START good aerial combos but now i have almost flawless timing in aerial combos after a month and a half of watching your vid a few times XD

OKLAHOMA'S CAPTAIN FALCON REPRESENTING!

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
That was a really good guide. One of the best on Smashboards. I learned tons about falcon just from reading that. The only mistake is about the HRC: If you bat dropped him to 300% you would get like 4000 feet, not 1500. I usually get him around 2000 with about 184% in bat drops. Anyway, I'm gonna go start practicing Falcon right away. I loved how you described the mindgames, and the list of things to practice. Good job :D.

cfalcon

Smash Apprentice
thanks!!! so much for the uber guide, i learned so much about falcon from this (especially the character specific part) now my friends all fall victim to my falcon, thanks

RobinFeud

Smash Rookie
my favorite combo with falcon against a character with a low percentage is a simple:

Grab - A - A - UThrow - FSmash

It does a cool 30% before they even know what the hell just happened to them...

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
RobinFeud said:
my favorite combo with falcon against a character with a low percentage is a simple:

Grab - A - A - UThrow - FSmash

It does a cool 30% before they even know what the hell just happened to them...
What character(s) do you do this on? If it's against a fast-faller, do they tech after the up-throw? If they do, how do you f-smash them? I don't think you'd have enough time as long as they tech. Also, if it's against a mid-faller or floaty, are you sure they couldn't just DI away from you? Keep in mind when you say "low percentage" I'm assuming you mean this would work at zero percent. Or is that not the case?

RobinFeud

Smash Rookie
no that's the case, i like to use that combo to give myself more of a buffer zone between the end of my life and the beginning of the opponents

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
RobinFeud said:
no that's the case, i like to use that combo to give myself more of a buffer zone between the end of my life and the beginning of the opponents
Buffer zone? I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by that. Are you sure your opponents can't just DI away from you or tech? It doesn't seem like you’d be able to hit them with the f-smash if they did that.

RobinFeud

Smash Rookie
if my opponent has 0% health, i am usually able to connect with the f-smash.

as with all combos, it doesn't work all the time, but when it does, it gives me quite the advantage

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
It sounds like your opponents don't DI away from you. If they did, I don't think your f-smash would hit them after the up-throw. Especially since you jab them twice in the grab, which gives them time to DI. I think you would have to catch them off guard with the grab and up-throw them immediately before they have a chance to DI.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
If you want more information on combos kind of like what you just said, check this link. Just don't argue with g-regulate. He doesn't like to be told that he's incorrect. He's usually not though, so I'd trust his word.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74541

By the way Angelo, great guide. It's very detailed, easy to understand and it has helped me learn many different views of how to use Falcon.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Nice guide!

I'm used to playing fox, but I think I'll take up Captain Falcon (I used to play him, but I only used b moves...eventually my brother figured me out and totally ***** me every match...it sucked.)

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I dunno if this combo is valid or not (since I have no real human players to test it on) so I'm not quite sure if this can be DI'd out of.

Grab, U-Throw, U-Tilt, (Process can be repeated on certain characters once), Knee.

It is kind of similar to the Grab/U-throw, U-tilt, U-air combo on the list, but I would like mine checked.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if this combo is valid or not (since I have no real human players to test it on) so I'm not quite sure if this can be DI'd out of.

Grab, U-Throw, U-Tilt, (Process can be repeated on certain characters once), Knee.

It is kind of similar to the Grab/U-throw, U-tilt, U-air combo on the list, but I would like mine checked.
This might work on certain characters, but there's probably a better option. The u-tilt takes a bit of time and characters such as Marth with fast air attacks will be able to slap you in the face before your u-tilt connects. They could also probably just DI away from it. Now the d-tilt I know works on fast-fallers with relatively high percents. You should be able to pull it off on a Fox with 60 or so percent (I'm not exactly sure). Up-throw, d-tilt, re-grab/knee/whatever. Just keep in mind that the Fox must not DI away from you, or he'll get away. Therefore, you'll have to throw him immediately after you grab him and hope like hell that he doesn't have time to DI. It's not really a good thing to rely on. But if that situation just happens to come, you can take advantage of it.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Well, if it is a possibility, then yeah, it might be an okay idea... Cause it would be something your opponent wouldn't expect then... I also posted this in G-Reg's topic.

audreyh

Smash Ace
is there any frame information on the bair? In addition, is there a sweetspot to the bair or does it simply gradually get weaker.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
is there any frame information on the bair? In addition, is there a sweetspot to the bair or does it simply gradually get weaker.
The b-air takes 10 frames to activate and lasts for about 10 frames as well. I don't think it has a sweetspot, but I'm not 100% sure.

Blood Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Usually what I do is use (when at 0%)
forward+B
Up Smash
Up smash
Nair
KNEE

or i use Forward+B over and over again if my opponent DI's out of it

J03

Smash Master
disagree with the UP+B, sheild grab up-throw, raptor boost, upsmash (unless they DI backwards...then jus SHFFL a knee ^^), uair n knee

works v.well from 30%+,jus nibble atak them untill 30%

remember combos tend to b situational at certain points so dont jus do moves off a lit, jazz things up a bit^^

*cough* BUMP!!!

btw gr8 guide, any cahnce of a link to the video u made??

woody72691

Smash Ace
ok heres a problem if u grab someone and do the knee attacks u hit them with, when holding them do the attacks go faster if u tap the a buttom faster???

Lit

Smash Ace
pretty good guide help me on things i need to pratice on before the tournment tomorrow... a good job putting this up i needed a falcon guide refer to when i forget somthin

woody72691

Smash Ace
ok question 1:can angelo put roy in the character matchups because i'm having troubles with counter and c stick attacks
2: if u grad someone and hit them with a buttom attack. can u hit them faster if u tap the a buttom faster like isai and ken do

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
ok question 1:can angelo put roy in the character matchups because i'm having troubles with counter and c stick attacks
2: if u grad someone and hit them with a buttom attack. can u hit them faster if u tap the a buttom faster like isai and ken do
1. No because I don't play Roy often so I don't know what to really do against him. When I played 5150's Roy (Which was pretty good and beat me a lot) I discovered that missing a tech=Fsmash, teching behind him = Fsmash, teching in place=Fsmash, and teching away=safety! It's hard to get inside of his range, but Uthrow combos work really well on him. Just Uthrow once, guess his tech and try to stomp. Take note of where he teched because if you Uthrow him on the same part of the stage again, he will probably tech in the same direction (Away from you if in the middle of the stage, behind you if you're on the edge, etc...) which can lead to isai stomps and you can combo off of that. That's all I really remember.

2. He's talking about grabbing someone and pressing A to deal a few hits before you throw them. You can do it pretty fast, however I would not suggest doing it too much because the real advantage of Falcon's throw is not the damage racked on by those knees, but from the position you can put your opponent in to hit them with a REAL knee. I wouldn't suggest trying to get more than 2 knees in to make sure they don't wiggle out of the throw. 2 hits is imo the safest number (Next to one of course, I don't live life on the edge like that and go for TWO hit :D).

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
oh man, thanks for the individual strategies. I got 3-stock ***** by a friend who plays Falco who I normally beat, on Final Destination. For now i'm gonna try and pick different levels, but I would like to work up to the point where I can take him on FD.

I personally prefer platforms with almost every character, but after seeing so many Falcon combo videos and stuff of ownagism on FD, I thought I was just really really bad. I really shouldn't use the level as an excuse, but I gotta admit its kinda releiving to know that I can

Top Bottom