• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Will You Play First When You Buy SSB4?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Seeing as Mario is often considered the benchmark (and he's one of my mains in Melee/PM), I'll start there. Second/third will be R.O.B./Mewtwo depending on availability, mood, and which direction the wind is blowing. Next would be Fox, then Mega Man... then Random, or maybe someone I thought was interesting while battling against them.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Probably Mario, just to get used to how the game feels. Then, a Newcomer. Ridley is he's playable. But of the known ones... um... not sure. Rosalina or MegaMan, I Think. ^^

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Definitely either Wii Fit Trainer or Villager just to test out someone new.

Then I'll hit up my boy Kirby and try on all my new hats. :seuss:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I gonna try first Olimar for its big change and my Main in brawl.
Then gonna try my two old Mains Kirby and Yoshi, I want them more powerful pls.
Then Use Villager firts then, Little Mac and Greninja.(Is it available in the start.)
Then use my Secondary character Classic melee Main Pikachu then the rest is a mystery.
Main are Olimar, Kirby, Yoshi and Villager I want to Main those to the top.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Whatever newcomers are available at the start, then veterans that have been changed. I don't see Megaman bring available from the start so probably Villager > Little Mac > Rosalina > WFT > Charizard > Dedede > Bowser > Olimar. Something like that.

Celestis

Smash Ace
I have a feeling there will be no unlockable characters this time around. I think everyone is going to be available.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I usually play first as said game's respective newcomer. It's what I've always done since the beginning.

I forgot who I played as first in Smash 64, probably either Kirby or Mario. In Melee I first played as the Ice Climbers and in Brawl I started out as Pit. So this time, I might either start off with Villager, Rosalina or Greninja which I assume will all be starters.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I have a feeling there will be no unlockable characters this time around. I think everyone is going to be available.
That would be totally terrible :s Kinda takes the fun out of unlocking a character, which has been a staple of the Smash series. It would be as stupid as removing Jigglypuff or Pokemon Trainer...oh wait.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
That would be totally terrible :s Kinda takes the fun out of unlocking a character, which has been a staple of the Smash series. It would be as stupid as removing Jigglypuff or Pokemon Trainer...oh wait.
When was Pokemon Trainer a staple to the series?
And when was Jigglypuff cut?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hm! I can't remember who I started with in each game. My best guess would be...

64: Link, but I know I took to Yoshi very early.
Melee: Pretty sure I played Peach first because the idea of her fighting anybody was so intriguing at the time.
Brawl: Definitely Fox first to see if he was similar to my previous main... I definitely won't do this again, I think my initial disappointment specifically with Fox set the tone for the entire game until well after I'd beaten the campaign. I've long since recognized I had the wrong mindset going into Brawl, but I think this is what started it.
P:M: I downloaded it to play Mewtwo, so that's how I started.

Now, I'm actually sort of surprised I want to play Mario first. I'm sure I'll change my mind over time - I'm already thinking I'm curious enough about Greninja to start with him - He's not even a Pokemon I identify with very closely, I think I'm still sort of surprised with how he was revealed.

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I'll jump into whichever mode is required/easiest to start unlocking characters, so it depends on whom they allow you choose from, but I'm most interested so far in WFT and Greninja, and of course G&W.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Mario and/or Pikachu first, just to get a feel of the game. Then I'll mess around with the newcomers(Probably Villager followed by Little Mac.) Unlock all the single player stuff to see who is available and figure it all out from there. And lots of Charizard.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Depending on starters ...

Villager
Samus
Little Mac
MegaMan
Sheik
Greninja
Rosalina
Jiggly
Link
Donkey Kong
Wario
Zelda
ZSS
Diddy Kong
WFT
Toon Link
Luigi
Olimar

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Probably all the new comers, especially Rosalina.

D

Deleted member

Start with Ness just to get the feel of everything, then move on to the newcomers that interest me most, those newcomers being Little Mac, Greninja, and Mega Man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly looking forward to Rosalina, Little Mac, and Greninja the most. They will be the first newcomers I try; probably not in that order.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'm already set on maining Bowser since he looks so badass but I'll probably secondary Greninja for the sole purpose of using that taunt he did on that stick in the Pikmin stage.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Deff gotta go with all my girls haha. In PM I main Peach and Zelda, and second Ivysaur and ZSS.

With three of the four being in, I'll have to pick up Rosalina and WFT as well, if Greninja is a girl then her too

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm already set on maining Bowser since he looks so badass but I'll probably secondary Greninja for the sole purpose of using that taunt he did on that stick in the Pikmin stage.
You know, I almost forgot about how much I'm looking forward to Bowser this time around. I've always liked him, but have been hesitant to take him seriously because of how easy he is to juggle. This game's Bowser is shaping up to look really good... I might try him first (third time I've changed my mind in one day? Seems legit).

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Samus / Lucario

<3 Lucario passive upgrade, "The more im in danger, the more powerfull I am"

<3 Samus to play her in HD lol and DAT Suit <3 it.

Celestis

Smash Ace
Then what's with the "CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!" in Megaman's trailer and on the website?
Uh, cause he is a new character of course.
Well I just see it happening cause of the way Sakurai feels about spoilers. He is not putting a SSE like single player cause they will justspecial end up on youtube and nothing will be special or a surprise. So I feel he will do the same thing for the characters. Internet spoils everything, so why make anything special. Besides, what makes a character special to unlock vs starter?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Mario, as always.
But I really wanna try out Mega Man.

Nearreaver

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nearreaver
3DS FC
1693-1796-3134
I'd start with Rosalina if she's a starter character but if not, I'd start with Samus :)

Top Bottom