• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Will You Play First When You Buy SSB4?

CandyWizard

Smash Rookie
Just thought I would ask.

For sake of disscusion, assume every character is available at the start.
Mine is:
Little Mac

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I always start off playing as Mario then I go through the roster alternating between newcomer and veteran.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Donkey Kong. He's the one I played the most in Melee. If some of the characters are somewhat difficult to unlock, I'd like to fall back on DK for those, definitely.

But if Mewtwo comes back... gotta main dat.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Probably the same as Brawl: Random button!

It gave me Olimar (one of my highest anticipated at the time) and I totally won :smirk:

Last edited:

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
I'll probably start off as Sheik, my melee main, I'm pretty interested in what those new moves are gonna do for her. As far as newcomers go, probably Greninja or Villager.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Haha love your avatar CandyWizard.

I will probably play as Pit first, or Link. I don't know yet, but it will be a veteran so I can win my first game haha.

Morbi

Scavenger
Link; in every single Smash, he is my first. That being said; I hated him in Brawl, the only game where I can't play as him. I am worried something similar will happen in Smash 4 because he has minimal changes. Little Mac is the one I want to try first, and I just might.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
For now I keep promising myself I would try the Wii Fit Trainer first.

I still remember the fist day I got brawl I played as Olimar.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For me, it's probably Mario. Him, or Ice Climbers. Maybe even Olimar...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Probably Sonic, since I can already play him well in Brawl and PM and he looks to have been upgraded compared to Brawl. I'll use him as my main in single player, to unlock stuff.

Rosalina and Mega Man are the newcomers I will try first though.

My brother will probably want some multiplayer matches though, and that will be my opportunity to quickly try out the rest of the roster.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Either Olimar or Villager. My original main and my newcomer main. Will probably do Bowser too.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Mario, unless megaman is availble at start. Then I will try to unlock Captain Falcon and Snake and play as them.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Kirby, Luigi, or Wario. To get that initial taste that isn't overwhelming, then.. new characters!

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably going to go with Samus first to get a feel for the game, and then I'll give Link a try and hope that he plays more like Melee than Brawl (or ideally is not bottom tier). From there, I'll have a good enough feeling for the game to give Megaman or Villager a try.

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
Well, the OP specifically mentioned that, for the sake of discussion, all characters are available at start,

Mega Man. I'm still not as hype for anyone as I am for him. Then to play everyone in order until I cover the whole roster and decide on a few mains.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Link since to me he's the perfect character to kind of get a feel for the game with. Then after that it's Megaman and then the world! muhahahaha

Oh wait, if K. Rool manages to get in then that's who I will immediately gravitate towards.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Little Mac, all the way. I'll probably wind up playing all the newcomers first, but I want to try and main Little Mac (if he's good).

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Any MOTHER reps first to go through the possible significant changes. Then Mega Man/Villager.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
My forever main Kirby :4kirby:
Hoping that he's been significantly buffed to, say, his 64 glory days. Then the newcomers just to try them out.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Bowser or DK to see their (supposedly) magnificent buffs.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Link, since he's my main in P:M. And then Marth, since he's my main in Melee and P:M.

Or Shulk if he gets in which he better.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I'm probably going to play as Pit first. In Brawl I really didn't like Pit. I didn't like his moves,his play style and I even thought his voice was weird. But since there's going to be some changes to his moveset I'm going to try him out. And also after Uprising Pit became on of my Nintendo characters ever!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That's actually a tough one. Since you're not asking about main, which is decided by trying all the characters and deciding the one that has the best feel/clicks for me, but rather the one you try first.

And I really don't know.

I do know I will be staying away from Olimar with a 10-foot pole despite him being my Brawl main, actually it's because he is my Brawl main that I will stay away from him because I hate the changes.

Greninja, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, and Mega Man all look fun to play. There's also Charizard now that he is solo. That's gonna be tough. I'm leaning towards WFT though.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Marth, just to see if he went through any changes. Then Jigglypuff for the same reason.

In terms of newcomers, I'd go for Greninja and WFT first.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
So far, with the characters that are confirmed,I think the first character I will play is will be megaman, though this may change depending on what other newcommers are revealed.

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
Probably Marth or Megaman. I main Marth and Megaman is the one I'm most excited for (Megaman vs. Mario vs. Sonic)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Little Mac for sure.
So many great memories with Punch Out, and he was easily one of my most wanted characters.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
If available from the start, Greninja newcomer-wise. Otherwise I'd try out Marth or the Fire Emblem newcomer we're bound to get first depending on who's already unlocked.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Depends on who's in the game really. If Palutena's confirmed as not unlock able, totally her.

Top Bottom