• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Will You Play First When You Buy SSB4?

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I always play as Mario first and then whatever newcomer I'm most excited for. In this case, Megaman.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Traditionally, in a new Smash game I always go to Training Mode and first play as Mario. I will most likely repeat said tradition with Smash 3DS & Wii U. After that, I will try out Pit, Marth, Zelda, and Zero Suit Samus (if they are available at the start). That list is subject to expand, depending on whom else is confirmed to be in the game.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Probably Pit. He's one of the most changed characters and my Brawl main. Really looking forward to trying him out. After that I'll try out all the newcomers, starting with Villager.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
For veterans, I'll try the others out first, then Yoshi, since he's my main in Melee and Brawl. As for newcomers, probably Greninja last because he was my Starter in Pokemon X.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If paper mario is in: just play for hours until I become tired!!!

If not but ridley is in, probably will check him first just to see if he's good.

But if not, mr game & watch my favourite character so far.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
If Mega Man is a starter, I don't think I will be able to avoid his robotic siren call.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Little Mac is the one I'm the most interested in. If it turns out he's not my cup of tea I'l try out Rosalina, then Mega Man and then just stick with Marth or Pit. Oh and Bowser if he's better in this.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff, G&W, or R.O.B. Except we need to unlock those characters first. So I will pick this guy first… :4yoshi: Dark blue Yoshi.

Dott

Smash Ace
Link, i want to see he's moveset first of all, and see the changes on him, test the physics and just start to practice him.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I promised Miss Fit that I'd play her first, but if the male outfit is unlocked from the start I guess I'll be playing Sir Fit...but...what if Wii Fit Trainer isn't unlocked from the start!?!

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Bowser, the changes to him really interest me. Dat dropkick, Bowser's new uair and altered dair.

After Bowser: Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby and Pikachu. Then I don't know.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
Falco, my melee main. If he's not unlocked though i would pick Fox and go to Final Destination. I would also leave items off.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Link through Classic Mode. That's how it's always been. I see no point in changing.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Starter characters (obviously)
I'll probably try the ones that differ the most from their previous appearances, i.e. ZSS, Sheik, Zelda, Bowser etc.
And all newcomers of course. I'm most excited for Greninja and Little Mac right now!

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Mario, of course.
Then get to unlocking Ridley if he's in the game, which probably means using Samus.

MontyMonterson

Smash Rookie
Bowser, as of tradition since Melee. Really looking forward to his new moves. I loved his playstyle in Melee but just couldn't use him competitively. It would also be amazing if his alternate costume was Meowser.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Well I used Mario first in Brawl since he was my main in Melee, so I'll likely use him to test out the new stages/items/physics etc. Then I'll likely use Little Mac and Bowser a little, although my ultimate goal will be getting to Pac Man and Tink.

CandyWizard

Smash Rookie
Well I used Mario first in Brawl since he was my main in Melee, so I'll likely use him to test out the new stages/items/physics etc. Then I'll likely use Little Mac and Bowser a little, although my ultimate goal will be getting to Pac Man and Tink.
Hate to break it to you, but Pac and Tink aren't confirmed

D

Deleted member

Definitely Mega Man. The moment I get to play as him, he becomes my main.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom