• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Will You Play First When You Buy SSB4?

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
Wii Fit Trainer who seems to be Cpt. Falcon+ in every way. Cap has a pretty useless down b, WFT 's down B is a buff move. Cap's b is a hype but slow and also mostly useless. WFT's b is a charge move you can store and use later, so im guessing it will be like other charge moves where you can easily combo it from throws. Cpt Falcon's recovery is bad (it was better in brawl, go figure?) where from what I see of WFT's up b gives her some option. Once I unlock Cpt. Falcon then i'll give him a shot but if the game is still Brawl-ish then i'll still stick with WFT if I like her, or try Mega Man if she isn't what I expect her to be.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
My most wanted character, Little Mac.

Punch-Out is my jams. He looks so OP on the ground. And I don't intend to let anyone launch me into the air. ;)

Meleefan

Smash Cadet
It'll be Ridley for me. I don't need confirmation, I just deduced that he'll appear because he was shown in a Direct..

On a serious note, it'll be Little Mac or Villager.

Last edited:

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
Wii Fit Trainer...
But Villager keeps coming to mind.
He's just perfect, those lifeless eyes.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I honestly have no idea how to choose between Villager, Greninja, MegaMan, Bowser or Yoshi. But if Ice Climbers are in, I'm likely to try them first to see what's changed (:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Wii Fit Trainer. I want my first time to be fun, funny, and confusing, simultaneously.

Then Zero Suit Samus because she's my main. Though Palutena is a close third, assuming she's playable.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
I hope that Robin is in. If he is playable and is available right out of the gate then I'll choose him first! If not I will go with Lucas if able, and if not Lucas than Link.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Definatley Zelda. Looking forward to hearing her voice, seeing her magic effects etc.Then Sheik.
Newcomers will probably Villager or Rosalina.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
First I'll go with Marth, then Little Mac, then Megaman, then Kirby. Of course, Marth and Megaman might be unlockable so that means Little Mac and Kirby for me :p

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Olimar to see what they did to my baby. Then Pit to see what they did to my other baby.

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
Kirby, Mario and then Rosalina and Luma.

Kirby and Mario have always been my first to plays and always will be.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Mario.

If Mario is a character in a game, I always pick him first, then play as another character whom I find intriguing.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
For some reason I think I want to try Bowser first... and then I'd try Mega Man if he's a starter, if not, here's my list of Newcomers in order of how much I actually want to play as them. Whoever's closest to the top that's actually a starter is who I'd use.

1. Greninja
2. Little Mac
3. Wii Fit Trainer
4. Villager
5. Rosaluma (Rosaluma being on the bottom shows how great the newcomer's list as characters look to me XD)

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Wii Fit Trainer just because I know she is going to be the top character of the game.

KatKit

Smash Lord
After seeing that picture of Sakurai playing two characters at the same time... I'm probably going to do that, too. Quantity over quality, because I'm going to be that hyped/impatient/sleepy on release night.

theinstituter

Smash Cadet
NNID
theinstituter
3DS FC
0662-2468-9863
If Ness, Lucas, or Ninten gets announced I'll definitely play as one of them.

If not announced, I'll play as Fox, Little Mac, Samus, Mega Man, or Mario.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
LINK! Always Link! After that probabily Little Mac

Pixxler

Smash Cadet
As for now i would go for Pit! but let's see which newcomers we don't know yet! I'm very excited :colorful:

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
I plan to try out Bowser first, to see how well my skill with him in Brawl transferred over, then I shall power through every newcomer starting with Greninja. Gotta try 'em all!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Link(see buffs to him and new physics)
Greninja(Most favorite newcomer)
Little Mac(2nd favorite very close)
Marth(Secondary in melee+brawl)

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I'll probably play as Link, then Toon Link, to see which I like better. Link has always been my main. But I'll go through early on and play as all of the characters in Break the Targets or whatever bonus games they have to get a feel for all the characters. Who knows, maybe I'll main someone other than Link this time.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Well, let's see.. I first played Yoshi in 64 just because I liked the character. Later mained him but I'm not particularly good at Smash 64 lol.

I played Melee first at a friend's house and I played Zelda/Sheik first. They would later become my secondary characters

With Brawl, well Gamestop had a midnight launch tournament with random characters. I got King Dedede. So he's who I played first. When I had the game at home the first one I played was Ivysaur because I was so excited about it.

As for SSB4, if it was released right now with no additional characters revealed.. I'd probably try Greninja first

Last edited:
Top Bottom