• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Will You Play First When You Buy SSB4?

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but he's a shoe-in.
I'm enjoying this thread primarily for this here. Seeing who people are so confident will get in that they list them as the first character they will play. No sarcasm, if that didn't come across. I do have to disagree that Pac is a shoe-in, but in the interest of not derailing the thread, I'll leave it at that.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Assuming he's not unlockable, Megaman, if he is (Which I think he will be.) then I'll settle for Little Mac.

Galladeforce

Smash Rookie
I will probably be using Mega Man or Pit first depending if the former is an unlockable character or not

Last edited:

DarkDream

Smash Apprentice
Like I did with PM, I'll start Mario just to get a feel of the games mechanics. Once I'm used to that, MegaMan in all his Nintendo/Namco restored glory.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I think I'm gonna be too excited to choose. I'll probably just pick a newcomer I like on the starting roster at random and go from there. Maybe Greninja, if he's available.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pit. Classic mode. Just to unlock (if she's in) Palutena. Then I'll be Diddy or something and do 100 man (whatever they'll call it this time) and get Falco. Forget about all the other characters.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
CRANK THAT SAUCEY SAUCE.:4sonic:

Or if the above is unlockable, most likely the Macster.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I'll definitely play with my mains first, Mario and Peach, even if they have seemingly nothing different moveset wise, before trying out Mega Man and Villager.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I never even thought of that. Because Rosalina & Luma will most likely be locked, I'll probably play Zelda first, then a game with Peach. That's what I did the first time I ever played Brawl.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
My boys Mario, Olimar, Toon Link, and Lucario. Then I would try out every single newcomer and based on how they feel I would choose one to main as well. Then I would proceed to try out every single other character since so many of them got random tweaks here and there which may make them play completely different from past installments of smash.

ChaosKiwi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosKiwi
I'm probably going to start with my main man Kirby, like always. But if Megaman is there from the start, I'll definitely give him a try because he's also my main (mega)man.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Depends on who I don't need to unlock. I'll probably start with a Pokemon character that doesn't need to be unlocked on the 3DS. If you mean first character I will use on the Wii U version and we can have all the characters unlocked right away if we connect to the 3DS, then I'd probably go with my main first whoever it is.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
first i will master villager.
then i will check out rosalina a little
then maybe i might projectile spam with mega man
then i will wreck the field with kirby
and then i will wreak havoc with zss.
and then i will train super hard for no apparent reason with all characters learning thier nooks and crannies, and combos and skills and waste a lot of time and sleep playing the heck out of this game until i become the ultimate master of all things smash 4.

SourPunch

Smash Rookie
im still a bit new to all the smash games, So id want to try out some newcomers

Start with Greninja, then try Megaman, followed by the Villager.

Then time for the vets.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
In Brawl I used Dedede first. This time I think I'll go WFT, a nice balanced character. Ever since her introduction I've wanted to use her. Then I'll use my ICs, see how they've changed.

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
I shall be playing the following:

Peach(Main in Brawl)
ZSS(Second Main in Brawl)
Rosalina
Zelda
Lady Palutena (If she is in the game)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Well, it was going to be Pokémon Trainer, but...

It'll be Pac-Man for sure if he's playable. If not, likely Sonic, simply because my friends and I want to have a "Mario vs third-parties" free-for-all as our first match, and I like Sonic the most of the bunch.

If I end up playing the game by myself first, then I'll probably gravitate toward my tried-and-true safe character, Pikachu. That rat and I have a long history.

Hong

The Strongest
Got to clear all the 1p content with Link ASAP.

He's the best prepared for any situation.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman

Then about 1 million 1 minute timed battles on random character and random stage.

Eskelsen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eskelsen
Real talk, I'm going to random and on the 4th random that will be my main for the next 6 years. Been doing this since Melee.

Saw Daddy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sawwilliams92
Greninja, Litttle Mac, or Megaman will be the first three I play as in no specific order then Link because he is my Main

Top Bottom