• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was Javi the best player at one point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Can't deny he wrecks spacies and that hes a great player but hes not the insanse-mexican-out of nowhere-boss everyone is making him out to be.

I don't think hes better than Peepee either.

:phone:
BOAT MODE.

But real talk Javi is overhyped. He's mad good but he's not as good as everyone is making him out to be right now. He makes some poor decisions and doesn't seem to know all the match-ups that matter. I don't know why he felt the need to double shine every time he shined. He blotched a couple edgeguards when he double shined off the ledge.

Lol @ citing GameFAQs posts.
Also this. Really? Why would you use a random GameFAQs post from TheManaLord as a source for a crazy statement like that?

Good stuff exposing Merkuri though

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
BOAT MODE.

But real talk Javi is overhyped. He's mad good but he's not as good as everyone is making him out to be right now. He makes some poor decisions and doesn't seem to know all the match-ups that matter. I don't know why he felt the need to double shine every time he shined. He blotched a couple edgeguards when he double shined off the ledge.

Also this. Really? Why would you use a random GameFAQs post from TheManaLord as a source for a crazy statement like that?

Good stuff exposing Merkuri though

Why is top 4 not as good as everyones making him out to be? He's an amazing player who has been the best in his country for too many years. this same thing happened in europe, why can't it happen in mexico?

also, besides puff (duh) which matchups is he lacking? And he double shines because you get more damage AND they get pushed back slightly farther. he's nto just trying to be fancy against PP for no reason.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
he wasnt, he is ****ing good, yes, but he needs to adapts. once he adapts, regardless of how much time he's been playing. he is good vs fast fallers and general characters, buw what about the others?

i played in the venezuelan community for years, and i think the venezuelan community is worse than mexican's (level talking), but the this same thing applies >> the community out of usa is way to big and evolve way to fast, so fast, that other communities cannot keep up wif it, though armada won 2 nationals, armada used to play wif a lot of ppl from europe, from diff countries of europe, in latin america it's not like that. there have been never a crew battle or a tournament with 2 different countries from latinamerica, so tournaments are just about 3 reaally good ppl, and the others are like, meh. javi still needs to adapt, he is fking good, really fking good, but let him get exp. when i got here from vnzla, i felt like i suck, cause i didnt have ANY experience with other kind of players.. so he might need more exp, he need fking good i know, but it's not the case

LLDL

Smash Hero
BOAT MODE.

He IS as good as everyone is making him out to be though. No one is saying he's mango level all of a sudden or anything like that. They're just acknowledging that he is a really high level player, possibly top level. He got 4th at apex, only placing behind (arguably) the 3 best players.

Also, he was doing really well versus hungrybox, especially game 3. He just lost >_>. Yes, he might need to reevaluate the matchup to fight a puff against hungrybox caliber, but that doesn't mean he does not know the matchup lol.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
don't know why he felt the need to double shine every time he shined. He blotched a couple edgeguards when he double shined off the ledge.
Though I agree double shining off the edge is not always necessary when perhaps he should be shine bair-ing or shine reverse bair-ing (or just plain shining, like when fighting falco lol), but if you want to mention "blotched (sic)" edgeguards, you should mention when the double shine helped him. How about when he fought KDJ's sheik, and double shined him off the edge, stealing his jump, and putting him just out of up-b range? One shine wouldn't have done that.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Saying someone doesn't know the Puff matchup doesn't even mean much because of how rare Puff mains are. I am pretty confident Javi would do just as good, if not better against Armada than he did against Hbox.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Why is top 4 not as good as everyones making him out to be? He's an amazing player who has been the best in his country for too many years. this same thing happened in europe, why can't it happen in mexico?

also, besides puff (duh) which matchups is he lacking? And he double shines because you get more damage AND they get pushed back slightly farther. he's nto just trying to be fancy against PP for no reason.
He IS as good as everyone is making him out to be though. No one is saying he's mango level all of a sudden or anything like that. They're just acknowledging that he is a really high level player, possibly top level. He got 4th at apex, only placing behind (arguably) the 3 best players.

Also, he was doing really well versus hungrybox, especially game 3. He just lost >_>. Yes, he might need to reevaluate the matchup to fight a puff against hungrybox caliber, but that doesn't mean he does not know the matchup lol.
I just don't think he's top 4 in the world or whatever people are making him out to be because of his placing. He did good, yes, but I don't think he would consistently place that well. I haven't watched Hbox vs. Javi matches again since Apex night but I thought Hbox kinda pooped on him.

Though I agree double shining off the edge is not always necessary when perhaps he should be shine bair-ing or shine reverse bair-ing (or just plain shining, like when fighting falco lol), but if you want to mention "blotched (sic)" edgeguards, you should mention when the double shine helped him. How about when he fought KDJ's sheik, and double shined him off the edge, stealing his jump, and putting him just out of up-b range? One shine wouldn't have done that.

Yeahh. I just think he did it more then was necessary. While it didn't work out or was necessary every time, it did it's thing a bunch of the times as well.

I had to re-watch KDJ vs. Javi for that spot. That did get the kill there, though I'm not sure if KDJ had some janky DI on the shines or not. But he also did double shine on his other stock edge guarding when he could have gotten a follow up if he had done a single shine.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Lol @ the idea of placing in tourneys against USA to be "coming out of the darkness"

>people implying that USA is the light

In 2005/2006 nobody should have said Javi/Twin should go to USA to prove themselves to be the best in the world

And nowadays, Europe is the bar to reach.

Ex. How people naturally wouldn't say Calle W is better than X American player until he beats him, now you have to say X American player isn't as good as X European player until the American player proves otherwise

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It doesn't matter regardless, I normally only see the lower end players arguing about who's the best and stuff like that. I think it's pretty funny. The top players don't need to know anymore because we generally all know our skill levels if we played each other. There's a great deal of competition and respect, darkness or light has no place in all that lol. If there's a strong player that comes in then all the better. =)

Pengie

Smash Lord
Lol @ the idea of placing in tourneys against USA to be "coming out of the darkness"

>people implying that USA is the light

In 2005/2006 nobody should have said Javi/Twin should go to USA to prove themselves to be the best in the world

Ex. How people naturally wouldn't say Calle W is better than X American player until he beats him, now you have to say X American player isn't as good as X European player until the American player proves otherwise
Europe isn't really the bar; Only Armada did better than the majority of Americans. Leffen, Ice, and Amsah, some of Europe's top players, didn't make a splash at all and placed significantly lower than people expected. As far as I'm concerned, America's still > EU except for Armada.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
You mean Armada is the bar to reach. I can't recall if there were any other European players that made it past 33rd, but if I remember correctly there weren't many of them. And LOL at Merkuri still not being able to get over PP and whatever vendetta he has against him and his "trash talking" and move on.

Zoler

Smash Ace
EU has like ~20 really good players (maybe more, I didn't count) that would all be expected to get into bracket of an American tournament pretty easily. You shouldn't be sleeping on EU cuz of one tourney of bad results for like 4 players ^^ (Amsah, Ice, leffen, Hack). EU has tons of more great players, some of which has never been to USA.

It would be pretty awesome to gather all these at one American tourney (also for crews, would be hype), sadly this won't probably happen ever.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Yea I wasn't saying Europe is bad or anything, just that stating Europe as the bar based off of one tournament where only Armada performed well (or even up to their own standards) is a bit ludicrous. And it would be awesome if that many players could come to one venue and see what happens, but yea, not likely.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Aside from all the spam and flame wars I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. For anyone who has seen Javi play in person, have you noticed the way he holds the controller? It's not traditional, he sits it on his lap presses the buttons like you would an arcade game. It definitely looks like it would be awkward to get used to but I can see how it can help with fast button presses like double shines and what not when your hold right hand is free.

musashi

Smash Apprentice
Hbox pooped on Javi, thats true. He also pooped on Mango.
Hbox is really really good and everyone knows that.
Javi didnt just beat PP, he 2-0d PP after 2-0 Hax and a bunch more. I'm not really sure what else there is to prove in here. Theres probably not any other players other than Armada, Hbox and Mango who can beat him.
And while PP was sick, Javi was rusty as hell, there havent been any tournaments in Mexico for more than a year, not to mention he stopped training after winning his last tournament in like 2009 or something and barely plays cause he works and studies at the same time(not johning for him, just so you know he was rusty, still his fault).
But now the guy is pissed and he will most likely destroy Hbox next time, he aint just a normal player training to be good, the guy has some stupid amount of talent and now he is prepared and knows exactly what to expect from the best of the best.

musashi

Smash Apprentice
I clearly said it was his fault and i completely agree with you on that one, but that wasnt my point at all.
My point is that next time he goes to a tournament he will practice a ton and now we will see something really interesting. The guy has always been used to completely destroying everyone without practicing so he didnt see any need to keep doing it, but now by the fact that he has finally lost he will have to practice and push his skills to the limit again. It will be very interesting for us to see this too, the Javi back in 2007 when he used to train was a freakin beast.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
But now the guy is pissed and he will most likely destroy Hbox next time, he aint just a normal player training to be good, the guy has some stupid amount of talent and now he is prepared and knows exactly what to expect from the best of the best.
My point is that next time he goes to a tournament he will practice a ton and now we will see something really interesting. The guy has always been used to completely destroying everyone without practicing so he didnt see any need to keep doing it, but now by the fact that he has finally lost he will have to practice and push his skills to the limit again. It will be very interesting for us to see this too, the Javi back in 2007 when he used to train was a freakin beast.
Oh god, that's exciting! Can't wait to see what he'll be like when he levels up again! :D

Also I think Mew2King would likely beat Javi, but yeah, there are not too many people I think would give him trouble.

Armada

Smash Lord
Javi is incredible and it was really fun to se him preform well and I know he can do it again. But when I talked with him about how much he play I did not get the feeling he was that much out of practice. Of course it can be becasue maybe it would have sound a bit arrogant but I don't think so. He said he did practice with someone (don't remeber the nickname) twice a week.

Well Im looking forward to the next time Javi will be playing against some of the great players =)

stelzig

Smash Lord
EU has like ~20 really good players (maybe more, I didn't count) that would all be expected to get into bracket of an American tournament pretty easily. You shouldn't be sleeping on EU cuz of one tourney of bad results for like 4 players ^^ (Amsah, Ice, leffen, Hack). EU has tons of more great players, some of which has never been to USA.

It would be pretty awesome to gather all these at one American tourney (also for crews, would be hype), sadly this won't probably happen ever.
What 20 players are you thinking of? Not saying you're neccesarily wrong, but I have trouble reaching that number so easily. Remember that faab has missed bracket in the US twice :)

Zoler

Smash Ace
What 20 players are you thinking of? Not saying you're neccesarily wrong, but I have trouble reaching that number so easily. Remember that faab has missed bracket in the US twice :)
Yea it's probably something more like 10-15

Warhawk

Smash Lord
*hides in a corner*
What happened? Everyone seemed to have you pegged at at least like 17th. Was it a bad brackett for Pikachu or something? Not that 33rd at a 300+ entrant international tournament should really be considered bad though, especially with Pikachu, just not where you usually are. Hope you get them next time.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
What happened? Everyone seemed to have you pegged at at least like 17th. Was it a bad brackett for Pikachu or something? Not that 33rd at a 300+ entrant international tournament should really be considered bad though, especially with Pikachu, just not where you usually are. Hope you get them next time.
Axe is too humble for this community. He rarely comes with excuses as to why he didn't do well although he doesn't need to do it often because he is usually very consistent + he plays ****ing pikachu :D

I wouldn't mind hearing his excuses though if there are any. Wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with how Apex was run struck axe hard, like no warm up and stuff

Varist

Smash Lord
And Behold, on the Fourth Day, New Strife wouldst return with Confidence in his Manhood. A personal Quest was needed, to cast off the coveting of a Vagina beneath his own Tummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom