• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was Javi the best player at one point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Like I said in my earlier posts, I dont have the necessary requirement as a PLAYER to outplay them correctly. Their skill is far greater, it has nothing to do with match-ups.
Is this really a warrior talking?

AXE 09

Smash Master
how could you possibly see this to be true?!!?!?!?!?!?

can you atleast go watch one of his matches, then think about who he could've played in r2 at apex, and then get back to me?
I HAVE seen his matches lol. Almost all of them. And yeah I still think he's good enough to make it to bracket.

He may not be the smartest player but I think his tech skill will get him very far. And I also think that he's a bit smarter than you guys are giving him credit for.

I'm not trying to talk trash to anyone in my pool lol but I think he definitely would've made it out of my pool, and had a very good shot at making it out of a lot of the other pools.

D

Deleted member

i'd cut javi some slack about playing puff

playing hbox is a very unique experience, studying/playing non hbox puffs can only take u so far

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Is this really a warrior talking?
Yes the truth is what I seek, no need to be delusional about my skill level.

i'd cut javi some slack about playing puff

playing hbox is a very unique experience, studying/playing non hbox puffs can only take u so far
Hbox's style is pretty simple it's just the way he executes it is pretty much beyond normal or average capabilities. Like I said him as a player has greater reaction time by far than most for example. You don't study non-hbox puff.. you study Hbox himself and you use whatever situations possible with other people if you can to help you gain the necessary experience to beat him. That's how I know many people who did beat him, did it that way.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
This thread has been off topic for like 10 pages.

Would Javi have won an MLG back in 2005/2006?

I think he probably would have had a legit shot. I'm pretty sure he could have beaten PC's Falco. His twin was definitely one of the best Falcos back then (visually much more impressive than PC was IMO).

Ken is a different story. I think he might have struggled with Ken. Not sure about Chu. Smart/technical foxes tend to do pretty well vs IC's, but matchup experience would have been a big issue.

Bones0

Smash Legend
It's been off topic because ultimately it came down to accepting that it's possible, but we really have no way of knowing just like how we didn't back then.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I HAVE seen his matches lol. Almost all of them. And yeah I still think he's good enough to make it to bracket.

He may not be the smartest player but I think his tech skill will get him very far. And I also think that he's a bit smarter than you guys are giving him credit for.

I'm not trying to talk trash to anyone in my pool lol but I think he definitely would've made it out of my pool, and had a very good shot at making it out of a lot of the other pools.
I gotta agree with Axe. Dark isn't a really smart player, but he knows about what DD and stuff can do. IMO just floaty practice like Javi and BETTER EDGEGUARDING. Like if he replaced all his FF bair nonsense with just a d-smash, I think he would already get like twice as far.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom