• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was Javi the best player at one point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I agree with that. I think he would have been defeated by Mangos and then Hbox Jiggz from 2007 till now. I also think Armada would have beaten him at 2009. But we can never tell. He is an amazing fox player and i hope we'll see more from him.
I don't get why people are making this assumption that he is only good against fast fallers, he defeated KDJ(Shiek, Marth) and Vanz quite convincingly in Apex bracket.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
If u want to think javi is better than PP thats fine, but one tournament isnt enough proof to make a valid point.

I was more laughing at the fact that u think hbox is better than Mango and PP.

(I think mango is the best player)

:phone:

Merkuri

Smash Lord
If u want to think javi is better than PP thats fine, but one tournament isnt enough proof to make a valid point.

Considering that Hbox outplaced PP at the last two tournaments that they both attended, it's quite logical to think Hbox is better than PP.

I think you're stuck in the impression that PP is better than Hbox because PP has always beaten him in the head to head fights since last year, however beating someone head to head doesn't mean you're better than them.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Theres many reasons why i think PP is better.

Hbox outplacing PP doesnt mean hbox is better. Head to head is far more indicative of skill level that placings are.

So im not sure why u bothered to comment.

I havent forgotten ur a troll alt who is always wrong.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Hypothetical:

We both make bracket at the same tournament.

U go 2 and out. Lose to mango then darkrain.

My first opponent gets DQed for not being there.(i outplace you)

Or

I beat crush and all of his friends on my way to a top 10 finish. Losing also to mango then darkrain.(i outplace you)

That makes me better than you because i out placed you?

Youre a ****ing reject dude. Go back to being an obvious troll, you have nothing worth contributing to....anything or anyone.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Hypothetical:

We both make bracket at the same tournament.

U go 2 and out. Lose to mango then darkrain.

My first opponent gets DQed for not being there.(i outplace you)

Or

I beat crush and all of his friends on my way to a top 10 finish. Losing also to mango then darkrain.(i outplace you)

That makes me better than you because i out placed you?

Youre a ****ing reject dude. Go back to being an obvious troll, you have nothing worth contributing to....anything or anyone.

Such idiocy. Those examples you gave are exceptions, not the standard. They are extremities which are unlikely to occur in tournament. In fact, looking at their brackets for the past two tournaments they both attended(Genesis 2 and Apex) Hbox lost to stronger opponents. Especially at Apex, considering that Hbox was able to either beat or take set from both players who defeated PP.

I'm not necessarily saying that Hbox is better than PP, but it's stupid for you to laugh at someone for thinking so.

edit: And I'm not a troll

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
he is not liying you , third best in Mexico is Ex a great peach player
I didn't say he was lying. I believe 100%. In fact I think he can beat Armada. He adapts very quickly and ***** me and Shiz on Day 2.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Its not uncommon. It happens at every single tourney that has enough good people.

Theyre called "death pools" for a reason.

Edit: ur a troll

Example:
FOR THE 3RD STRAIGHT TOURNAMENT s2j played armada very early on in the bracket. At apex 2012 S2j played armada 2nd round of bracket then lost to tope.

After looking at the results i saw 13-14 people who outplaced s2j that he is better than.(at Apex 2012, who knows about the other 2)

Chisk1n

Smash Cadet

If you want to think Mango or PP are better than HBox thats fine, but its like you say lampard is better than özil, lampard/mango are the past, yes they still very good but not in the best shape of their careers and probably never again.

I agree with you, one tournament is not enough to proof anything, BUT Javi has won dozens of tourneys in the past seven years.

Its funny how americans(usa) think they are the rivals to beat or have the better players/tournaments. 64 = Canada, Melee = Europe, Brawl = Japan

For this tournament Javi was not in his best shape and still place 4th.

I respect your opinion but dont agree with you and FOR ME Armada is the best right now and Javi WAS the best from 2006-2009 AND Tuga is the best falco > pp

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

Considering that Hbox outplaced PP at the last two tournaments that they both attended, it's quite logical to think Hbox is better than PP.

I think you're stuck in the impression that PP is better than Hbox because PP has always beaten him in the head to head fights since last year, however beating someone head to head doesn't mean you're better than them.
Theres many reasons why i think PP is better.

Hbox outplacing PP doesnt mean hbox is better. Head to head is far more indicative of skill level that placings are.

So im not sure why u bothered to comment.

I havent forgotten ur a troll alt who is always wrong.

Im actually gonna have to agree with Reneblade on this one.

PP and Hbox really only lose to the same two people ( Armada and Mango) although Hbox was able to beat an out of practice mango this time around.

However PP wins in the head to head so considering they go even with the same people i think the head to head should decide who is the better player (PP)

Hbox also sometimes randomly loses to people below his skill level like KK, M2k, and Plup apparently

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Que se traigan Tuga esta ves
y vamos a ver como le va a estados unidos lol

Bones0

Smash Legend
Im actually gonna have to agree with Reneblade on this one.

PP and Hbox really only lose to the same two people ( Armada and Mango) although Hbox was able to beat an out of practice mango this time around.

However PP wins in the head to head so considering they go even with the same people i think the head to head should decide who is the better player (PP)

Hbox also sometimes randomly loses to people below his skill level like KK, M2k, and Plup apparently
PP lost to Javi, but Hbox didn't. Has M2K EVER beat Hbox head to head? I wasn't aware... All I remember is he lost to Hbox head to head at Genesis 2.

Reason why head to head is dumb for determining who is the best:

Armada > Hbox > Mango > PP > Hbox > Javi > PP

Putting Mango in the rankings is pointless because he obviously doesn't care anymore. Armada is losing ground pretty quickly in his YL vs. Hbox (IMO!), and he'll get destroyed as Peach vs. Hbox. That leaves you with a 4-way "tie" for best:

Hbox > Armada = Javi > PP > Hbox

Merkuri

Smash Lord
PP lost to Javi, but Hbox didn't. Has M2K EVER beat Hbox head to head? I wasn't aware... All I remember is he lost to Hbox head to head at Genesis 2.

Reason why head to head is dumb for determining who is the best:

Armada > Hbox > Mango > PP > Hbox > Javi > PP

Putting Mango in the rankings is pointless because he obviously doesn't care anymore. Armada is losing ground pretty quickly in his YL vs. Hbox (IMO!), and he'll get destroyed as Peach vs. Hbox. That leaves you with a 4-way "tie" for best:

Just to add to this saying Hbox loses to weaker players while PP doesn't is false. Hbox hasn't lose to M2k since Rom3, yeah Hbox lost to KK but PP lost to Shroomed at Genesis2.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Ah yes. PP didnt play well when he had the flu, good point troll.

And those are johns you troll. I could say Hbox didn't play well because he hadn't had sex in a while. It's the players responsibility to perform at there peak level, if they can't then it's a matter of consistency which indicates a weakness in there skill level.

You sound like a PP fanboy.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I get the impression uve never had the flu. People are quick to say no johns and try to be clever about it. When u have the flu ure not supposed to do ****. You dont go to work. U dont hang out with friends. Youre supposed to lay around in bed for 2 days and drink alot of water. PP was on the opposite coast from his home playing what is arguably one of the most difficult fighting games in the world.

Leave troll. Just leave.

Im a mango fanboy. I like PP as a person and think hes one of the best players in the world, but my love for him is nothing compared to my mango fanboyism.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
And those are johns you troll. I could say Hbox didn't play well because he hadn't had sex in a while. It's the players responsibility to perform at there peak level, if they can't then it's a matter of consistency which indicates a weakness in there skill level.

WOW

Being ill is often an uncontrolable factor beyond the game and is not added to ones consistency

You sound so stupid all the time

Merkuri

Smash Lord
more johns

Shut up troll. Just shut up.

WOW

Being ill is often an uncontrolable factor beyond the game and is not added to ones consistency

You sound so stupid all the time
I don't even know why I bother to argue with PP fanboys. Have you taken a look at the Dr PeePee discussion thread lately? He's saying that the reason he lot to Javi is because he was sick AGAIN and idiots like you really believe it! People see what they want to see I guess.

Edit: I guess it's worth mentioning then that the last time PP beat Hbox was at Pound V, where Hbox was sick. Should we then said that PP's win against Hbox doesn't count?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
All I would like to know is, knowing what kind of crap he'd get afterwards, and knowing that he wouldn't do nearly as well as he would otherwise, why would PP go to G2 sick? Why not just miss out, stay home, get BETTER, and come back with a vengeance at the next national? I don't know that you could enjoy it being as sick as he was, anyways.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Shut up troll. Just shut up.

I don't even know why I bother to argue with PP fanboys. Have you taken a look at the Dr PeePee discussion thread lately? He's saying that the reason he lot to Javi is because he was sick AGAIN and idiots like you really believe it! People see what they want to see I guess.
I don't care if he was sick or not because you still said that it's the players responsibility to perform well even if it's something the player cannot control.

Meaning that you count in random factors into player skills

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I respect your opinion but dont agree with you and FOR ME Armada is the best right now and Javi WAS the best from 2006-2009 AND Tuga is the best falco > pp
There's no way Tuga is the best Falco. I love Twin/Tuga/Jorge (the name he was called in his really old vids), he was my 2nd favorite falco after bombsoldier back in the day, but judging from his vids lately he is nowhere near as beastly as he used to be.

I think he possibly could have been the best falco back in like 05/06, but not anymore (tough to be better than bombsoldier in 05 though). Mango is by far the best Falco IMO. He's an incredibly smart player with almost perfect spacing and top notch tech skill which he rarely ever messes up.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
If i remember correctly he got sick while in the WC, not back home. It was on facebook 2-3 days before the tourney.

Quit talking trollkuri.

Varist

Smash Lord

dumbest post in this whole thread.

if the flu isn't a legitimate john what THE **** is? being sick ****ing sucks. i don't even care about PP's placing and i usually disagree with ronery but you're so ignorant lol

just one of those guys who blindly looks at results and sprays "nojohnsjohnsjoniesNOEP" at people who disagree with you.

i bet you were thinking "omg taj is 3rd best in za warudo" after genesis 2 but you're probably going to say "wut no" to prove me wrong rofl

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I don't care if he was sick or not because you still said that it's the players responsibility to perform well even if it's something the player cannot control.

Meaning that you count in random factors into player skills
PP got sick at two internationals in a row and if when he underperforms at the next international he would have gotten sick again. It's pathetic.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Im not commenting on his performance at apex, but getting sick at/after nationals is very common.

I see it on twitter after every FGC major, i see atleast 2 or 3 major/tourney winning level players talking about how sick they are and even more not top tier players talkin about it.

Varist

Smash Lord
being in close quarters with sticky *** smashers for hours every day and sleeping in a stuffy hotel room with 5 other dudes is gonna put some bugs in your system you skeptical plebeian garbage :bee:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm still sick after APEX and it's almost been a week now.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Get up on your immune system game, guys. I didn't get sick before, at, or after Apex. :)

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
That leaves you with a 4-way "tie" for best:

I dont understand where people got the idea that Armada = Javi...
ugh m2k i blame this all on you...
if you had stayed in bracket none of this javi speculation would be happening

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I dont understand where people got the idea that Armada = Javi...
ugh m2k i blame this all on you...
if you had stayed in bracket none of this javi speculation would be happening
OR Javi woulld have stayed in bracket and beat M2k. After watching Javi 2-0 PP WITH FOX I kinda believe he could accomplish anything. Moreover M2k, was split between melee and brawl, If Leffen could almost beat him like that then I don't see why Javi couldn't beat him.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Best player talk should just stop. You're splitting hairs when comparing these guys, so I'm pretty sure it simply comes down to who plays better and makes fewer mistakes when it really counts, aka the national stage.

Varist

Smash Lord
OR Javi woulld have stayed in bracket and beat M2k. After watching Javi 2-0 PP WITH FOX I kinda believe he could accomplish anything. Moreover M2k, was split between melee and brawl, If Leffen could almost beat him like that then I don't see why Javi couldn't beat him.
perfect example of a plebeian, a follower. you can't analyze anything for yourself at all.

"omg javi beat pp twice in a row hes the best ever he can do anything ily javi"

you just want to believe javi is this figure who came out of the darkness and trashed everything we had before held dear, the lightbringer. you want the uncovered hero, the hidden sage.

we all do. but you're stupid enough to actually take it seriously and form an opinion over it, and try to argue that with people. rofl

Merkuri

Smash Lord
perfect example of a plebeian, a follower. you can't analyze anything for yourself at all.

"omg javi beat pp twice in a row hes the best ever he can do anything ily javi"

you just want to believe javi is this figure who came out of the darkness and trashed everything we had before held dear, the lightbringer. you want the uncovered hero, the hidden sage.

we all do. but you're stupid enough to actually take it seriously and form an opinion over it, and try to argue that with people. rofl
That was a stupid post.

What reason is there for us to actually doubt Javi? We did nothing but doubt him when he came to our country, and guess what? He proved himself?

You say that I am wrong to believe in some foreign hope? But I say you're just the opposite. You're just a close-minded shell that can't accept that players we haven't given much notice to can be on par with our top players.

Well too bad for you, Javi already proved it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom