• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario fan club

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wario is shaping up to be very different then I expected. His run is bizarre, but many of his moves look stale and unappealing. Wario, himself, has alot of flavor and I think he has one of the coolest looking models. But in the trailer there wasn't alot pizazz in his moves.

His aerial kicks is not only exceedingly laggy, but boring. Hopefully it is a nuetral aerial A attack.

His back aerial attack is Bowser's attack! But Wario doesn't have spikes. Sure he does have his helmet, but it doesn't seem fitting. I think he should have pivoted his hips and tried to smash his purple rear into the person behind him.

His forward Smash or tilt is just a punch. If this is a tilt then the move is forgivable. But if thats all they could think for his Smash move, it is horrendous.

It looks like Wario's Up is a mangled version of Mario's Up B. Wario has so many bizarre attack options, why are they giving him boring moves.

At least his run is different. And his crawl might be. (I am assuming that you could crawl only forwards, but that Wario crawls with his butt facing the direction he is going)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Patience. We have yet to see any of his specials or super smash attack. I'm sure Wario will live up to himself...I think... whatever. And remember, there's always the Wario Waft.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yes, Wario's moves did look very laggy and stiff. But so did everybody else's moves. The game is still in development. I'm sure by the time the game is almost ready to be released, all of their moves will be smooth and will look realistic.

Fitted Sheet Man

Smash Cadet
I just thot of some thing all most every character in Nintendo (almost) has had a different outfit on at some point in time so maybe all the characters could have completely different outfits instead of just there color scheme changing

Tera253

Smash Ace
Wario is the fat farting wonder. that's what makes him great.
what's not funny about a fat guy who flies off a motorcycle anyway?
~Tera253~

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I was disappointed with Wario's fighting style at first. But now after watching the video a couple times on the official Smashbros website (where it comes in with good quality) I have changed my mind.

Wario's movements are hilarious.

His dancing run took some time getting use to, but you know what, it fits him. And his twirling jump is too cool.

Here is a list of what I think may be Wario's moves in the trailer.

Dash A: Wario slides on his fat stomach forward with his giant hands splayed on the floor and his rear arched upward.

Toward A: Hard to see, but on Pit's stage (with the breaking platforms and clouds and in the part where people think he is doing a wavedash backwards) he throws an arm forward and either a punch or as if he is pointing a finger at them.

Smash A or perhaps special: Wario winds up his fist and then skates forward on a purple elf shoe with his large fist aimed forward. Although he does wind his fist up like DK's special I think this is just to differentiate the punch from his toward A which seems to be a less flashy punch.

Up A: Wario pushes upwards with both hands above his head.

Nuetral Aerial A: Wario does a sex kick like Mario.

Back Aerial A: Wario does a backward headbutt. Motion looks similar to Bowser's back A in the air and Wario even lands on his back if he is close to the ground.

Alright, if I left anything out post about it. Or if you have any comments.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I've been a fan of Wario ever since he was introduced as another antagonist of Mario (Not just Bowser even though he's mad chill too). Since then, he's really made a name for himself & getting on da Brawl roster is a feat within itself. Yeah, Wario's mad chill!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I was disappointed with Wario's fighting style at first. But now after watching the video a couple times on the official Smashbros website (where it comes in with good quality) I have changed my mind.

Wario's movements are hilarious.

His dancing run took some time getting use to, but you know what, it fits him. And his twirling jump is too cool.

Here is a list of what I think may be Wario's moves in the trailer.

Dash A: Wario slides on his fat stomach forward with his giant hands splayed on the floor and his rear arched upward.

Toward A: Hard to see, but on Pit's stage (with the breaking platforms and clouds and in the part where people think he is doing a wavedash backwards) he throws an arm forward and either a punch or as if he is pointing a finger at them.

Smash A or perhaps special: Wario winds up his fist and then skates forward on a purple elf shoe with his large fist aimed forward. Although he does wind his fist up like DK's special I think this is just to differentiate the punch from his toward A which seems to be a less flashy punch.

Up A: Wario pushes upwards with both hands above his head.

Nuetral Aerial A: Wario does a sex kick like Mario.

Back Aerial A: Wario does a backward headbutt. Motion looks similar to Bowser's back A in the air and Wario even lands on his back if he is close to the ground.

Alright, if I left anything out post about it. Or if you have any comments.
Glad to se you changed your mind about Wario :) I like the dance run thing as well

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Wario most likely will have his old costume in the game in some form or another, but he IS appearing as the Wario Ware Wario, and henceforth "his own character."

I am so looking forward to Wario in this game... It's ridiculous how badly I wanna play as him in Smash

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Wario most likely will have his old costume in the game in some form or another, but he IS appearing as the Wario Ware Wario, and henceforth "his own character."

I am so looking forward to Wario in this game... It's ridiculous how badly I wanna play as him in Smash
Well I'll admit Wario is a pretty cool character. I honestly don't think he will be all the great in the game. From what it shows in the trailer he looks rather slow and laggy on his attacks. Maybe not but it sure does seem like he has the same type of attacks Bowser has. I can see Wario being a mix of Bowser and Mario combined.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Wario will really shine in his specials. It seems like he is shaping up to be a laggy, stronger version of Mario (which I expected). They both have the same sex kick (although many characters share this attribute), but Wario's looks incrediably slow to pull off. Wario also stole Mario's old Toward Smash (the giant fist). It has a bit of startup lag (Wario winds his arm) but it seems like it has more range then Mario's and perhaps even more powerful. I predict Wario can also juggle people with his Up A much like Mario can. He pushes upwards above his head.

Wario, I think, will be a Doctor Mario made right. He will be more powerful and contain more KO power then Mario but have added lag to keep him in check. His run and jump look similar to Mario's in height and speed.

Colten

Smash Cadet
:: Wario is the best thing that has happened to The Smash series. Is it confirmed yet that the game will have online play?
EDIT: Im going to add some pics::​

El HP

Smash Ace
Wario seems like a solid character, first he has very good movility his attacks while laggy excecute fairly fast and look very powerful obviously L-cancelling will be needed when using him, im hoping he gets a proyectile and his shoulder bash.

squaminator

Smash Ace
that means that i'll figure out how he plays, strategize as him, and potentially play him and kirby as my mains. if gannon changes a lot, then he'll be a main for me for sure.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Brawlmatt what did we just talk about?

Wario seems like a funny character, tough I have never liked using big powerful character, like bowser and DK, and wario, even tough is not big, seems powerful and laggy, thats why I wanna try out Pit, he seems fast, and his atatcks are freakin awesome (windmill attack FTW!), also d like to use snake, he would seem to be well balanced, not to fast, not too slow, not to powerful, not to weak... meh Im gonna wait for the rest of the roster to choose my new main...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Brawlmatt what did we just talk about?
I'm agreeing with him! How else am I suppose to say it?!

Look, I don't want to have to write a whole paragraph every freaking time I make a post. But at the same time, I don't want to have to post just a few, or just one word, either!

I want to learn mroe about Wario in Brawl, and I really want to play with him! GOD!

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
BUMP! Wario is de sssex!! His nose does it for my gf!

Wario is easily going to be my main, that is if Ridley doesnt show up.

I want to pwn as many stuck up little kids and egos out there as possible with him. Just the ultimate put down, being farted off the stage.. time after time.

Wario reminds me of me.. its great!

Umm.. I think that upwards hand thrust he does in the trailer that ppl think is hes Smash up A, might be his taunt.. just a guesstimate.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
I've been a hardcore Wario fan since Super Mario Land 2. I stood by for all the Wario Lands, especially the Virtual Boy one (which was the best), and I had my mind blown by Wario Ware. Yeah, I can't see any way I'll be playing as anyone else.

Oh, and Wario is the first game designer to appear in Smash Bros. Yeah, I can't see any way I'll be playing as anyone else.

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
I gotta say, I've been hopin' for Wario in Smash since Melee. I'm glad that he's finally making an appearance. That being said, I'm skeptical about his entry. I think everything about him is fine, 'cept for the one thing that almost ruins it for me: the fart.

In a game like this, it just seems way out of place; feels unnaturally immature. I'm fully aware that there's a good chunk of toilet humor in WarioWare, but it's like white noise among everything else bizarre in those games. Nothing really stood out, aside the random nose/fingerjab games. Aside from that aspect, I love how he seems to play. It's unusual, but fine.

I dunno, I just wish they gave him his greedy brute ******* personality with said costume. It's the Wario personality that I've grown attached to. The toilet humor only really happened minorly in the WarioWare games, and bringing it out that much more in the open worries me a bit. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I'm making it out to be.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
I can't be bothered lookin through this hole thread, so sorry if this has been posted, but I read somewhere that Wario builds up the fart over time and just releases it after it has been built up...i think i read it either in ONM or IGN

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wario is prime awesome win of epicness. Epicnessosity.
I'll definitely play him at least every once in a while. I LOVE the crude humor, the anti-heroicness, just.. everything. The one thing I'm kind put off by is the way he moves... he actually dances around the arena? That seems so not like him... but I haven't seen much, so I'll hope for the best.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wario is portrayed in his games as a brute, a greedy pig, and a mannerless annoyance. I think the Brawl Wario is trying to incorporate all of those traits. And the dancing kinda fits in in a comic relief sort of way.

I say we try to predict his moves before the website update.

Here are the moves so far:

Dash A: Dances toward oppenent and slides on his ponderous belly with his hands splayed out in front

Up A: Pushes palms upwards

Smash A: Whirls his arm around and then skids on an elfish boot as he launches a punch

Nuetral aerial: Juts out his foot in classic sex kick position

Back aerial: Leans back, hitting an oppenent with his helmet. Falls on his spine upon the ground if low enough.

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
Don't tell me you are saying Wario won't have a ram attack.

YOu are the weakest link, goodbye.

Really though, Wario has such a diverse movepool to work with from many good games... I really hope he isn't limited to toilet humor. =/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What? Wario not having a ram attack?! What's that for non sence!? O_O; It's a must! It'll be there, it must be there it shall be there! >_< *Takes a deep breath*

Either way, Wario's still my favorite newcomer accounced. I just hope they don't make him too much of a comic relief character. The ram move would be a very nice side B move, which would be similair to C.Falcon and Ganon's (CURRENT) side B only Wario's wouldn't knock them up.

Btw, I hope the fart attack isn't Wario's Final Smash.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here are the moves so far (speculated from trailers):

Dash A: Dances toward oppenent and slides on his ponderous belly with his hands splayed out in front

Up A: Pushes palms upwards

Smash A: Whirls his arm around and then skids on an elfish boot as he launches a punch

Nuetral aerial: Juts out his foot in classic sex kick position

Back aerial: Leans back, hitting an oppenent with his helmet. Falls on his spine upon the ground if low enough.

Predicted Moves

(by Slisenberg and Diddy Kong)

Side B: Ram attack (In one of the screenshots on the main site smashbros.com there is a capture of Wario with one shoulder cocked forward as if he is about to ram)

Keep the predictions coming so we can see if our guesses match up with the real deal.

Top Bottom