• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario fan club

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wario definately is my favorite out of the revealed five new characters with Snake, Zamus, Pit, and Metaknight following in that order.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Btw, I hope the fart attack isn't Wario's Final Smash.
Why that? If anything, I'd hope it's that... because otherwise, it means that the Wario Waft is among his normal moves used in competitive play, unlike the Final Smashes that will probably end up banned, and generally don't come into play as often.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I wonder if his Up B is going to some sort of gaseus compulsion that leaves behind a damaging trail of gas.

Fawriel

Smash Master
..let's hope not.
I faintly remember some sort of spinning aerial attack he did during a trailer that seemed like the Spinning Kong... but I guess if that was the case, everyone'd know about it now.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the "Wario Waft" has been confirmed to not be a final smash. Sakurai stated on the site it is a move and must be charged over time. as far as anyone knows, the final smash moves are not chargeable. i would guess it is his b move, as most chargeable attacks usually locate to neutral b.

anyways, although he is last on my pick of favorite newcomers (see sig below) i am glad he is a part of the smash crew and i look forward to playing as him

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I've wanted him in since the first one (i wanted him in so bad, i believed a way to get him in it, like do VERY HARD classic without losing a life lol.)

I do want his original suit to be a costume, yet i like the Wario Ware him. As do some of you, I am afraid he will try to be too funny. So far he appears to be the victim of moves and items. Was he put in just for laughs, and to beat on. Doubt it, actually I'd gasp if that was the case.

When I found out about Brawl, i was told on Guild Wars Factions (which i no longer play) that the new Smash bros. trailer was on youtube. When i got to the video i knew if Wario wasn't in it, i'd be mad. Even though i am glad he is in, I prefer most of the character then him.

The order of my favorite: Metaknight, Pit, Snake, Wario, Zamus

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here are the moves so far (speculated from trailers):

Dash A: Dances toward oppenent and slides on his ponderous belly with his hands splayed out in front

Up A: Pushes palms upwards

Smash A: Whirls his arm around and then skids on an elfish boot as he launches a punch

Nuetral aerial: Juts out his foot in classic sex kick position

Back aerial: Leans back, hitting an oppenent with his helmet. Falls on his spine upon the ground if low enough.

Predicted Moves

* = Newest addition

Side B: Ram attack (In one of the screenshots on the main site smashbros.com there is a capture of Wario with one shoulder cocked forward as if he is about to ram)

(by Slisenberg and Diddy Kong)

*B: Wario Waft: A chargable gaseous attack

(by Colbusman)

Keep the predictions coming so we can see if our guesses match up with the real deal.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Check out the website with Yoshi's level. Wario is shown doing his Smash punch again (if indeed it is his forward smash). But there is also the last picture where he is uppercutting. Is this perhaps an Up attack (maybe a Smash) or part of an A combo (like DK's one two punch). DISCUSS! We need to get a full list of moves even if most have to be predicted.

Here are the moves so far (speculated from trailers):

Dash A: Dances toward oppenent and slides on his ponderous belly with his hands splayed out in front

Up A: Pushes palms upwards

Smash A: Whirls his arm around and then skids on an elfish boot as he launches a punch

Nuetral aerial: Juts out his foot in classic sex kick position

Back aerial: Leans back, hitting an oppenent with his helmet. Falls on his spine upon the ground if low enough.

Predicted Moves

* = Newest addition

Side B: Ram attack (In one of the screenshots on the main site smashbros.com there is a capture of Wario with one shoulder cocked forward as if he is about to ram)

(by Slisenberg and Diddy Kong)

*B: Wario Waft: A chargable gaseous attack

(by Colbusman)

Keep the predictions coming so we can see if our guesses match up with the real deal.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
"Pushes palms upwards"

I was thinking that was his taunt, because it looks like he's cheering for himself.
The new attack on YI looks like either a Utilt or natural A combo, yeah. It doesn't have the telltale smoke of a smash attack.

blahisuck

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping Wario would be a unique yet strong character, and not because of his weirdness of moves become low tier like G&W.

But from the trailers so far he looks rather slow and funny frame rates.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Whoa, forgot about this thread.

Wario all the way, man. He is totally going to be the first character I play as in Brawl.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm bumping this thread now so that we don't get a bunch of new "Wario's special moves" threads because of today's update. You're welcome.

GenG

Smash Lord
Wario Waft will kill gay juggles in the most awesome way possible. Discuss this now.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I posted this before but it needs to be repeated.

Wario's new killer combo:

Downthrow opponent.
Release fully charged waft.
Profit!

GenG

Smash Lord
So, it's safe to say that Wario-man will be his Final Smash. "I'm going to save the world... from all its money!".

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I agree about that, but I really want Wario-man to be an alternate costume. But it would make sense being his final smash, though.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
dont get you hopes up just to get them shot down i'm not much of a wario fan but i cant wait to see what i can make him do lolz oh well guess we will have to wait till a new post on him comes but anyway i wonder what will his b and b up moves be i shuder to think i just hope they are not fart related and that brings me to b down i hate that move and no one has knocked me out with it yet lolz

I'm not that big of a fan of wario but his down b and side b are odd. I think that his up b won't be a recovery move but something else and his down b will be his recovery move. His side b looks like a very fun move and i wonder if there are more than other warios on the stage only one of them will be able to use side b! O:

CHUK

Smash Ace
I can't wait for him to be my low teir character, If he isn't low teir that's even more awesome! WOOT WARIO!!!!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i am a mega uber wario fan, but i don't like how they made him mostly based off of warioware series

i think they kind of forgot about the warioland and wario world games, although they could still integrate those moves into warios a moveset

i think his alternate costumes will go like this. warioware, reg wario, warioman, strawberry wario

also, i don't think warioman will be his super, but i could see him turning into an army of strawberry warios so as to beat the **** out of everyone around him

i also can't wait to see his other attacks, heres hoping for another E3 trailer. i wanna see Donkey kong and diddy kong kicking some *** this time around

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Nah, not the Strawberry Warios. Too obscure. I didn't even know what you were talking about there for a second. Wario-man is a better bet. And I agree that he needs more Wario Land and Wario World based moves. But we've only seen two, so there's not need to fuss. I'm willing to bet that his A moves might center around Wario Land. Wario World sucked. A lot. But Wario Land was one of the best Gameboy series, so here's to hoping they pull stuff from there.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
wario world was awseume and gives us insite as to what wario's grappling and throwing moves could be

and it also gives us a great AAA combo

piledriver ftw

Top Bottom