• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario fan club

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Ugh, well I guess he will be a interesting character so say the very least. I honestly don't like the character and I think hes going to be a low tier for sure when the game is realesed. I can't see him being no different then Bowser? Yet I don't really care how they make him in the game im not going to be useing him anyways.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I don't like the tier list or tourneys really, they take away the fun from just playing with 3 friends with items. Wario would be a more fun character than a Tourney character.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Tiers really don't matter that much, you just play as the character you want to.

And I'm definetly playing Wario.

ameerali

Smash Cadet
that could be a possibility.
another is it can also buid up and wen the smacial move item is collected then the gas is reliesed

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Its goin to be his special move. like links or marios
It's too quick to jump the gun on that. Wario never glew and Wario eye's never lit up, BOTH things which are part of the Super Smash attack, it's probably just overdramaticized in the trailer. I think it will be a B move

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Both Samus and Wario didn't have a flame so this could mean that they are still thinking about how those moves should be. There are probabbly still trying to find out how to bring out Zamus and do Wario's Waft move in other words. Maybe they will be supers, maybe not.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I love how people take Wario's exsistance in Smash like a personal insult, and yet they can complain and whine and ***** all they want, but there's nuthin they can do about it.

cb_marth said:
I honestly don't like the character and I think hes going to be a low tier for sure when the game is realesed
That's good reasoning. "I DONT LIEK HIM SO HE'LL PROBABLEE B LOW TEER LOLZ".

icymatt

Smash Lord
I just don't think a normal B attack would be 'fantastic'.

Besides, maybe they just decided not to show da glow (hehehe) because they were done with that segment of the trailer. Plus, Wario's intro was pure cinema and was used to finish off the main portion, and so using the glow would be unneccesary.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I love how people take Wario's exsistance in Smash like a personal insult, and yet they can complain and whine and ***** all they want, but there's nuthin they can do about it.

That's good reasoning. "I DONT LIEK HIM SO HE'LL PROBABLEE B LOW TEER LOLZ".
same reasoning for snake in brawl ;)

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I never said that. I don't like him your right. Yet you can tell hes not going to be a top tier character like Marth, Fox, Krystal or any of them that may or is in the game. Not saying you can't be as good with him as maybe Ken is with Marth. I mean I've seen a decent player with every character. Yet I can garentee there won't be a lot of pro Wario players like there is Marth or Falco.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I never said that. I don't like him your right. Yet you can tell hes not going to be a top tier character like Marth, Fox, Krystal or any of them that may or is in the game. Not saying you can't be as good with him as maybe Ken is with Marth. I mean I've seen a decent player with every character. Yet I can garentee there won't be a lot of pro Wario players like there is Marth or Falco.
Yes, because this game was MADE for the pros :ohwell:

And you say Krystal WILL be a high tier, but she isn't even confirmed. Wario hate is incredibly rediculous.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Yes, because this game was MADE for the pros :ohwell:

And you say Krystal WILL be a high tier, but she isn't even confirmed. Wario hate is incredibly rediculous.
Of course she will be a high tier? I mean wasn't Fox a high tier character when the first ssb came out? Then wasn't Falco a high tier character when ssbm came out? So more or less I would say Krystal and Wolf both will be up there too. Now no its not a fact but I can see them continuing that little trend. Of course there is hate towards Wario I mean did anyone like Mewtwo, Bowser or even Younge Link when Melee came out. There was a few but nothing huge. I can see Wario being in the same catagory as them. Now theres lots of people that will like him which is fine but don't expect him to be has high as Marth, Snake, or Fox. If he was I would be very shocked.:ohwell:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Of course she will be a high tier? I mean wasn't Fox a high tier character when the first ssb came out? Then wasn't Falco a high tier character when ssbm came out? So more or less I would say Krystal and Wolf both will be up there too. Now no its not a fact but I can see them continuing that little trend. Of course there is hate towards Wario I mean did anyone like Mewtwo, Bowser or even Younge Link when Melee came out. There was a few but nothing huge. I can see Wario being in the same catagory as them. Now theres lots of people that will like him which is fine but don't expect him to be has high as Marth, Snake, or Fox. If he was I would be very shocked.:ohwell:
Would you have expected Jiggs to dominate Mewtwo in a severe way? By the way, Wario has something they don't, a spot in Brawl that has been confirmed.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Prepare for a shock so great it could bring the dead back to life:demon:

I get what your saying, but I personaly think the tier list is a load of crap and how people would only pick high tiers and leave other characters where they are, not realizing what fun they can be if played right. I'd hate what happened to Game and Watch, DK, Ic's and the like to happen to Wario

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Well honestly I did. Puff is one of the best characters in the game. I mean she was in the orignal and she was good then. I mean one of my buddys are one of the best Puffs I have ever seen play. And yes you are correct Wario does have a spot in Brawl. Yet So does Puff, Marth, and many others. I mean honestly do you think they will take out ANY characters especially characters that made Melee such as the ones I just said? Come on Now im not saying they will keep them all I hope they "switch" some with others but they are not going to take out anyone becuase Nintendo wants to buld to the selection becuase its going to be online so they will want a wide range of characters to choose from. Plus they will just want more characters plan and simple.

I agree also I have a friend that has a insanly good Yoshi. I mean its all on the player not the character yet it helps to use someone that is already good.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Really? Ha I must ahve missed that, which is odd, yet he will change them with a better character im sure. If he does take some out it will be someone like Mewtwo, Pichu, Younge Link, Dr Mario. Maybe not but ya never know I say a lot of the clones will be taken out and either given new moves or replaced fully.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Well honestly I did. Puff is one of the best characters in the game. I mean she was in the orignal and she was good then. I mean one of my buddys are one of the best Puffs I have ever seen play. And yes you are correct Wario does have a spot in Brawl. Yet So does Puff, Marth, and many others. I mean honestly do you think they will take out ANY characters especially characters that made Melee such as the ones I just said? Come on Now im not saying they will keep them all I hope they "switch" some with others but they are not going to take out anyone becuase Nintendo wants to buld to the selection becuase its going to be online so they will want a wide range of characters to choose from. Plus they will just want more characters plan and simple.

I agree also I have a friend that has a insanly good Yoshi. I mean its all on the player not the character yet it helps to use someone that is already good.
Tiers are a load of crap. I have a friend who is nearly unstoppable with DK and yet DK is ranked so low. Tiers are just a way of saying "a character who owns that doesn't take any practice" or in better words "choose this character n00bs." Wario will be one of those characters that are underesimated but at full skill could own anyone. However, most people don't understand what it is to practice with a character. I am not directing this at you I am just stating why tiers are a load of crap.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Oh agree 100% He more or less will be the type of character that if wanted to be someones main will have to take lots of practice. It will be interesting though to see what he does have when the game comes out. An yes there are some insane DK players out there haha. Azen has a good DK also! I seen him use DK before and won.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Does anyone realize it's pointless to argue how good, bad, underrated, or broken Wario will be when we have no possible way of knowing anything about that? He could be the next Fox. He could be the next Mewtwo. He could be just a middle-of-the-road, average character. We won't know until Brawl comes out, so there's really no point in getting all worked up over hearsay and speculation.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Does anyone realize it's pointless to argue how good, bad, underrated, or broken Wario will be when we have no possible way of knowing anything about that? He could be the next Fox. He could be the next Mewtwo. He could be just a middle-of-the-road, average character. We won't know until Brawl comes out, so there's really no point in getting all worked up over hearsay and speculation.
Well that is what I said although not in as much detail and then I started getting on why I hated tier lists.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
cb_marth, you do know that all of your posts are just long-winded translations of what I said earlier, "I DONT LIEK HIM SO HE'LL PROBABLEE B LOW TIER LOL". And you're making extreme assumptions that Snake and Krystal, who hasn't even been confirmed yet, will be high tier. Your logic is "THEY R LIEK THE OTHUR HIGH TIERZ". So? Dr. Mario is like Mario, and yet he's so much higher on the tier list. Fancy that. For all you know, Snake will suck and Wario will be the new Sheik. Your "arguments" make you look both immature and idiotic. So please, do the forum a favor and stop filling it with your senseless, bigotness.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Beofre anybody posts anything again I would like to point this out: It says Wario FAN Club. If you don't like Wario or say he'll be low tier with no proof, good for you, we don't care, go away. In the mean time, let the actual conversations about Wario's fandom commence.

Any guesses on a stage?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I always thought that Diamond City should be his stage because his castle would just add to the already too large list of castles. I discuss it in my thoughts for brawl thread which you can access via my sig.

icymatt

Smash Lord
My concept stage for Wario was, of course, Wario Ware Inc.

At first, it would be a pretty basic factory-looking level, but like Pokemon Stadium, it would shift into different environments based on the Wario Ware developers (disco ball and strobe lights for Jimmy, game references for 9-Volt, trees and dojo for Kat & Ana, lots of crazy machines for Crygor, and outer space complete with dancing alien bunnies for Orbulon). All the while, Dribble & Spitz's cab will randomly speed around parts of the stage, and Orbulon's ship will fly above to act as a platform and spit out items.

It really should be as random as the games.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I was thinking of the Wario Ware factory as a stage, too. However, my version ran a little differently.

The Wario Ware factory stage would be similar to Onett or Flat Zone, in that there are no pits to fall into. The main difference is that in here, all of the platforms, and even the ground level itself, are all conveyor belts, alluding to the nature of the factory. These conveyor belts would change direction and speed over the course of the match, and would require the player to keep moving so they aren't carried off the side to a K.O. There would be a large screen in the background that plays various microgames from Wario Ware while the fight goes on.

It's not a complete idea, but it's still covers most of the basics. I know it could use a little work.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
+BUMP+

C'mon, Wario needs some love ;)

I can easily see Warioware as his stage (hell, him appearing in his Warioware outfit basically gives it the highest priority), but I wouldn't like to see his castle. If only one more castle has to make it in Brawl, Bowser's Castle should get that spot

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
What about Wario's Collusiem from MarioKart: DoubleDash? It is a suspended race course in a huge arena. In the middle is a big metal dome. I am sure the designers could make a nice fighting stage out of it.

icymatt

Smash Lord
They could, but it just seems more likely that they'd pull Wario's stage from an actual Wario game (Land, Ware, or World).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I didn't like the levels in MKDD, It was a good game though, the levels were just meh.

I would like Wario Stadium from Mario Kart 64 though that was way cooler :) but Wario Ware is the best stage. I played WarioWare for the first time, it was cool.

Sheek

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I didn't realize that they already had pics of him actually on the SSBB battlefield. Wario FTW!

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Alright people, we've got our Wario information. Let's break this crap down.

He looks AMAZING. Did you SEE him dancing? DANCING? DANCING. Only thing is, his aerals look majorly laggy. He'll probably need to be L-canceled. Lame. =/

Otherwise I say he looked pretty awesome.

Top Bottom