• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario fan club

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I think the Waft will be a special move and not his super. One reason is that it was most likely over-dramatized in the trailer. The second reason is that they said his gas builds up over time and that might mean it will be like Roy's B attack. And finnally, notice how Mario, Link, and Kirby all have a flame around them when the do their supers but Wario doesn't have it. This is all just speculation, but I'm willing to bet money that the Waft isn't his super.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I think the Waft will be a special move and not his super. One reason is that it was most likely over-dramatized in the trailer. The second reason is that they said his gas builds up over time and that might mean it will be like Roy's B attack. And finnally, notice how Mario, Link, and Kirby all have a flame around them when the do their supers but Wario doesn't have it. This is all just speculation, but I'm willing to bet money that the Waft isn't his super.
QFT.

I'm right there with ya, buddy. I think it's gonna either be an uber powerful move that has to be recharged after using it, or a chargable attack. I'm kinda lenaing towards the former, though.

WOT: xian, why does the "and" in your sig lead to tirkaro's profile? O_o

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
The Waft is Wario's "special". He will be a heavy character with power and hopefully does better than bowser did. They should also give him his own level at his castle. I also think him and DK should be stronger than bowser. Mario can beat Bowser in every game, but Wario would **** Mario's *** up. That's why they never really fight.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The Waft is Wario's "special". He will be a heavy character with power and hopefully does better than bowser did. They should also give him his own level at his castle. I also think him and DK should be stronger than bowser. Mario can beat Bowser in every game, but Wario would **** Mario's *** up. That's why they never really fight.
Except that one time in Super Mario Land but the current Wario would kill Mario. God, I wish Wario World was longer. It was way too short. By the way, you mean special as in regular attack right and his castle would be a good idea but then half the stages would be castles, maybe Diamond City? Ahh... what the hell, his castle is cool.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I FEEL SO LOVED!!!! <3

but really, I think that the wario waft is supposed to be a B move, like roy's B. what I'm guessing is that either gas builds up automaticaly and then you let-er-rip or you hold B to build up gas and let-'er-rip. my money is on the latter.

but its nice to know that even xianfeng knows I would be an awesome brawl character. I'd be insta high-tier. fox and marth aint got nothing on me >:3

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I FEEL SO LOVED!!!! <3

but really, I think that the wario waft is supposed to be a B move, like roy's B. what I'm guessing is that either gas builds up automaticaly and then you let-er-rip or you hold B to build up gas and let-'er-rip. my money is on the latter.
Maybe wario can move while charging, sloshing his belly around, and it charges faster that way.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
That would add to the truth of what Sakurai's said. "Wario will have excessive movements, What does that mean? You'll have to wait and see!" Those were Sakurai's words from the Wario profile but I'm too lazy to post a link.

Edit: This is directed to hemightbegiant but DokturSea types too fast!

icymatt

Smash Lord
Excessive moments = Tons of weird attacks. Glorious.

And even if the Waft is a B-move, I still hope he has a ultracharged one as his super. You really couldn't find a better one.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I think by "excessive" movement, Sakurai means he walks silly. You know, like he swings his arms too far when he walks and jumps in a wacky way.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Why not.

His Shoulder Barge still needs to be his B >, it's been a while since I played Wario Land but he does a butt stomp doesn't he? If so that could be his B v.

I want half of his moves to be physical and the other half to be comical

DokturSea

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdmdIg7tepI&mode=related&search=

Intro of WarioWare Twisted for those of you that don't play his Ware games, myself included. It isn't amazing but you can check it out if you are bored.
Seen it. Own it. Play it. Awesome.

You know what? Since Wario Land 4 was the first and one of the only games where Wario actually DIED, maybe he should be immortal in Brawl? :chuckle: I want to play good ol' Wario Land III now. Ah Wario Land III. The best Wario game ever, IMO.

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
I mean special as in his "Super" or whatever people are calling them.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Ahh... Wario. This sexy beast needs more praise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wario

Wikipedia Article and here is a moveset I came up with.

Stats:

Strength: 4/5
Weight: 4/5
Speed: 2/5
Jump: 3/5 (sideways recovery like Peach's Second Jump)
Size: 4/5
Range 3/5

Moveset:

Regular Moves:

A: Right Punch, a little knockback (4%)
AA: Right, Left Punch, slightly more knockback (6-7%)
AAA: Right, Left Punch finished with a headbutt and energy like in Wario World. It is as strong as a weak smash attack and is pretty slow to hit. Quick opponents can dodge it but poor Bowser will always get hit. (7- 12%)
Side A: Weak Punch (5%)
Down A: Weak Sweepkick (5%)
Up A: Swings his hand across the air like DK (4%)
Nair: Punch foward (4%)
Uair: Backward Kick like Mario (5%)
Dair: Kick downward (5%)
Fair: Quick Punch (4%)
Bair: Backwards elbow (5%)
Dash Attack: The dragon helmet appears on his head and he runs while covered in flames just like Kirby's (6%)

Special Moves:

B: Wario Waft. Charges up like Roy's Flare Blade and releases a huge explosion out of his arse (20-30%)
Side B: Shoulder Barge. Wario's signature move and if you jump while doing it he will start spinning in the air with a tail of energy behind him like in Wario World. (10% for the shoulder attack and 6% for the jump attack)
Down B: Bull helmet. Jumps up and slams the ground like Bowser only like a ground pound though like in Wario Land. (10%)
Up B: Eagle helmet. Jumps up with a punch and then the eagle helmet appears on his head to float him across the screen like Peach's parosol.

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: Wario Whack from Super Mario 64 DS. Punches strongly. (14-25%)
Up Smash: Bull Horns from Wario Land. Smashes upwards with bull horns with the Bull helmet. (10-23%)
Down Smash: Sweepkick from Super Mario 64 DS. (8-19%)

Throws:
Grab attack: Punches the opponent while holding with other hand (3%)
Up Throw: Throws the opponent in the air. (7%)
Down Throw: Piledriver from Wario World. Jumps up with opponent and slams them facefirst into the ground while surrounded by energy and knocksback any opponents close by. (15%)
Foward Throw: Mega Toss from Wario World. Can charge by holding < or > to the side. The longer you hold the father you throw but this gives the opponent are better chance to escape. (7-10%)
Backward Toss: Wild Swing Ding from Wario World. This can also be charged by holding < or > and he starts to move slighly left or right knocking back opponents and eventually let's go after about 3 sec. (7-10% for the thrown opponent and 6% for opponents hit by the wild swing ding)

Super:

Wario Blast: Pulls out a huge bob-omb and throws it into the air where it will explode and send out millions of other bob-ombs. This commences a bomb rain that lasts for 30 sec. If you ever played in Sudden Death and stayed alive long enough then bombs start to fall out of nowhere. That is what his super would be like.

Costumes:

Original costume
WarioMan costume
*give me some ideas here!*

Taunt: Makes a double peace sign both in the air and starts to laugh.
Kirby: Wario's ware helmet, or hat if he is wearing original colors

Yeah this is a crappy moveset but I am open to suggestions. Thoughts?

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Sexy... beast? xianfeng, you sure you're the right gender?:p

But anyway... yeah, I'd like to see a lot more from Wario besides the Wario Waft. I expect him to be a great Brawler.

burrito

Smash Lord
Wario should get his different status effects as verious moves. Hi B^ should be spring Wario, puffy Wario, or bat Wario. They could incorporate other status effects as his B or A moves.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
i personally think wario's move is gross and not funny at all...
it kinda ruins a lot ...
he is a good character but NOT for this game :S
i also dont think TOAD should be in this game, we dont need a lil mushroom f@g

DokturSea

Smash Lord
it kinda ruins a lot ...
Well, I guess you're just gonna haveta suck it up, cuz like it or not Wario's in the game. And this isn't a thread about Toad. If you have a beef about him, take it to Toad Discussion.

primusfan

Smash Ace
it kinda ruins a lot ...
You've gotta be outta your mind. Although I agree about the Toad part, how can you say Wario's move ruins him? That's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Seriously. I've been waiting for Wario to be in SSB since the 64 version. Then I heard rumors of three Mario bros. in SSBM. Was it Wario??

No. It was Dr. Mario.

Never had I been so pissed.

So now that he's in the game, he's staying dammit! And the Wario waft is awesome.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
it kinda ruins a lot ...
How isn't he a good character? And if you say f** one more time in that tone, you are reported

Wario Waft FTW!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
How isn't he a good character? And if you say f** one more time in that tone, you are reported

Wario Waft FTW!
Oh my God! You can read his tone of voice over the internet? I am sorry, but I just had to say that. But for real, anyone who doesn't support Wario.... well I am just going to pray for your soul. He kicks an undefined amount of a** and just look at him! He is a sexy beast!

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Seriously. I've been waiting for Wario to be in SSB since the 64 version. Then I heard rumors of three Mario bros. in SSBM. Was it Wario??

No. It was Dr. Mario.

Never had I been so pissed.

So now that he's in the game, he's staying dammit! And the Wario waft is awesome.
That's exactly how I felt, though when I heard about there was going to be another Mario character other than Peach and Bowser, I just assumed that it was Toad or somebody like that. Wario by around Melee's time had already made a name for himself and would've been regarded as being part of his own series, like now.

And Wario's B^ better be Spring Wario because Vampire Wario would look too weird and Puffy Wario doesn't look like it'd hurt anybody much.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
You need to play some Wario games, man. I recommend Wario Land 3, possibly the best GameBoy Game of all time.

I found Zombie Wario. Vampire Wario isn't much to look at, really.

Top Bottom