• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario fan club

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Because he's sexy.
"Once you've had fat, you don't go back..." :chuckle:
Wario should get most of his moves from Wario Land.
It looks like he's already got the Ground Stomp move from what I was able to make out from the screenshots, so it seems the Wario Land series is the most plausible source material for his moveset.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
AH! THE SCREEN STRETCH! IT BURNS!

What intrigues me most about Wario is the fact that he is the only character that hasn't shown any clues to his fighting style (aside from the fart). I actually find Wario's model (i.e. graphical uberness) to be the most "next-gen" out of all the revealed characters.

GenG

Smash Lord
That move should be his ramming attack. His trademark spammeable move of course :)

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I think his B move will be the Waft and his side B will be his signature Shoulder Barge.

@Lord_Deathborne: How is he better than the others? Uh, cuz he's freaking Wario. One of the main reasons I play as Mario is because he in his Wario outfit is about as close as I can get to playing as Wario. Wario owns. Period.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I always wanted wario in smash, but I dont know hes not exactly what I expected, maybe the fart attack ruined the idea I had...

icymatt

Smash Lord
The Wario Tackle will likely be in his repetoire, but from the sounds of it they will also give him some very bizarre specials, which is just fine with me because I loves me some Wario Ware.

So, yeah, as someone already stated: Wario's gonna mix power with strangeness, and he's definetly gonna be one of the most fun characters to play as.

Finally: I hope they pull his throws from Wario World.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
*uses defribulator on a collapsed Wario*

CLEAR! LIVE, **** YOU, LIIIIIIIIIVE!

I will NOT let this Wario thread die.

So, here's what I want to know. Wario's Taunt. It will most likely be the best ever. I'm personally hoping either for a simple flex of his bicep and a "WAAAAAHRIO!" or maybe a Self-Spanking followed by a "WAAAAAAHRIO!" He'd better say his name in that sexy way he does or I'll be uber pissed.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I bet I know what it'll be. Anyone who's ever played WarioWorld for GC or Mario Golf 2 will know what i'm talking about. Have y'all ever seen when he spins around and makes a peace sign with both hands and says, "WARIO!".

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I bet I know what it'll be. Anyone who's ever played WarioWorld for GC or Mario Golf 2 will know what i'm talking about. Have y'all ever seen when he spins around and makes a peace sign with both hands and says, "WARIO!".
Oh yeah, I know what your talking about (remembers the fond memories of warioworld on the GC) anyway, I think it would be a pose or something from WarioWare

xianfeng

Smash Hero
*uses defribulator on a collapsed Wario*

CLEAR! LIVE, **** YOU, LIIIIIIIIIVE!

I will NOT let this Wario thread die.

So, here's what I want to know. Wario's Taunt. It will most likely be the best ever. I'm personally hoping either for a simple flex of his bicep and a "WAAAAAHRIO!" or maybe a Self-Spanking followed by a "WAAAAAAHRIO!" He'd better say his name in that sexy way he does or I'll be uber pissed.
someone else can see the sexiness that is Wario!

This thread aint dying again.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You are scaring the hell out of me xianfeng. Wether you are male or female, that still scares me. But Wario is cool, I've been looking all over the place for this awesome picture of Wario but haven't been able to find it, but I'll post the link when I do.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
You are scaring the hell out of me xianfeng. Wether you are male or female, that still scares me. But Wario is cool, I've been looking all over the place for this awesome picture of Wario but haven't been able to find it, but I'll post the link when I do.
I'm a guy and I'm saying it too creep people out

PaulPool

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking of a Ganadorf but really short. That's the impression I get of how he'll fight/control...

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Ew gross don't give him Ganondorf's stats. Wario would be faster than THAT at least.

OK people, new subject...

WarioMan...Super Move or Alternate Costume?

It's a toss up for me. I could see it go both ways. I would LOVE for WarioMan to be an alternate costume, but I think it's one of the only things going for Wario as a Super. And again, I don't think the Waft is his super. I think it's his B move. I think that they exaggerated it's power in the trailer for effect.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
WarioMan should be an alternate costume. For his super, he could pull out two bombs, hold them up, start laughing, and almost the entire stage will be hit in the explosion while Wario says ,"I love it." That comercial was just too cool.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Wario WILL be his own character. But in terms in strength and comparing him to an already established character, he'd definetly be more burly, like Donkey Kong, and less like Ganondorf, who feels more like a brick(I hope Ganondorf retains this feeling with his new moves.)

DokturSea

Smash Lord
"Imma Wario! IMMA gonna win!!!"

Oh Wario. You and your crazy shinanigans.

Uncle Kenny, I liked your bomb idea for the super, but I've had enough of Wario being associated with bombs. He's actually not had much to do with any explosives in his games. He just gets hurt a lot.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The thing is, Wario relies more on physical attacks than energy attacks so a super will be hard to think of. I'm sure Sakurai will think of something that will work though.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
The thing is, Wario relies more on physical attacks than energy attacks so a super will be hard to think of. I'm sure Sakurai will think of something that will work though.
Super hard to think of? What do you think the Wario Waft is?

Top Bottom