• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I'll be able to go depending on what time Melee will start (assuming there will be Melee). if there won't be Melee I won't be going.... also... if it starts any time later 3:00 I won't be able to go.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
hey can people please bring setups!
the car that i use has a flat
im trying to find another way to
bring my tvs atm

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
At 11? what?

Don't they normally start around 1 or 2?
Hey man I believe I forgot my black controller at your place. If you wouldn't mind, could you bring it to the tournament so I could drop by and get it.

Fun "Smashfestival"

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
starting dubs sign ups now

dubs will be pools
so you have about another 45
if u still want to enter plz hurry

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Singles
1: kenny ($36.00)
2: Death ($18.00)
3: maz ($6.00)
4: final
5: tane
5: colus
7: zeros
7: rj
9: shiro
9: pwny
9: Remi
9: Dustin

Doubles
1: SS4ae goty ultra (ds4 maz) ($54.00)
2: Tane & Kenny ($27.00)
3: final & dustin ($9.00)
4: Tim & shiro (T)
5: rj & Jesus
6: Pwny & zeros
7: Terry & remy
8: Team juzzy
9: reed

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
SMASHFEST MONDAY!!!!
Where: Game Vault
2671 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401
Time: 4:00 to 8:30
Games: Melee, Brawl, and PM.
Bring Yo Own Controller!

BE THERE!!!!!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
i dont have a controller. if i show will i be screwed?

Jekyll

Smash Ace
The tourney was fun.
Baklava is delicious.
20-ish people will not heat a freezing room.

Project M results are on Final's laptop, but I think top 6 went something like

1. Jekyll
2. MVP
3. Neon
4. Death?
5. Colus?
5. Mars?

I think that if we do this alongside another Brawl tourney, we should probably start earlier and just do pools. That way Brawl matches won't stall the bracket out so badly.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
A lot of people dont have their own controller (I didnt until about 2 months ago) and even more dont have a Wii (I havent in at least a year)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
A lot of people dont have their own controller (I didnt until about 2 months ago) and even more dont have a Wii (I havent in at least a year)
Not sure if trolling or serious but if not i got you covered
I just recently moved and wasn't able to find my controller. So I just dont have one. Nor do I have a set up either. >.>

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So... Mew2King is willing to come to Salt Fest! As usual of these type of things though, willing to come with aid from our dime. I'd love to get him out here, and it'd also be great advertisement from his side. About $200 though would be required for that. I'm willing to put a portion up, but was wanting to see if anybody else would like to contribute to that as well. If well received, it'd be great to also get Chibo for streaming purposes as well out here.

Let me know what you guys think!

EDIT: And for a laugh, have this image: http://i.imgur.com/g9m9fxk.jpg

Last edited:

MVP

Smash Ace
The tourney was fun.
Baklava is delicious.
20-ish people will not heat a freezing room.

Project M results are on Final's laptop, but I think top 6 went something like

1. Jekyll
2. MVP
3. Neon
4. Death?
5. Colus?
5. Mars?

I think that if we do this alongside another Brawl tourney, we should probably start earlier and just do pools. That way Brawl matches won't stall the bracket out so badly.

i love brackets cause i love hype matches. but i agree its probably best with the small numbers

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
I just recently moved and wasn't able to find my controller. So I just dont have one. Nor do I have a set up either. >.>
Well no worries ilk give you you one free of charge so you dont have to fret when you go to events :-)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Salt Fest may be able to cover it all, just trying to work out the details.

Definitely will need somebody to house him though, which includes food.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Isn't M2k sponsored by CT and EMP? His sponsors are supposed to pay for travel expenses

Tuesday

Smash Ace
They only sponsor him for majors IIRC. He tried to pull the same thing when we asked him to go to Forte. We ended up not giving him any money because the pot bonus and size made it more than worth it. Don't know how big SF will be, though.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Why m2k though
I can think of a dozen better people to ask to come out
He's prolly the most awkward person to be around

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Why m2k though
I can think of a dozen better people to ask to come out
He's prolly the most awkward person to be around
Because he travels more than probably any other player, so he's the most likely to accept. Also, who cares if he's awkward to hang around, he's Mew2King, he can teach you stuff.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
M2K is a bit more recognized of a name compared to others, personal experience wise. Furthermore, saying he's awkward is stupid. I've done awkward or dumb things, everyone has done awkward or dumb things. Grow a pair and learn to be sociable, you'll probably find he's not that off of a person as some people in any community I've been in I thought of as an off person at first.

He'll be Salt Fest's guest (they'll pay for it, as I've talked), as it also leads to advertising, which in turn leads to a bigger turn out. He also will therefore be my guest, as he'll be coming for Smash, since The only thing that can derail it is if a bigger tournament appears (like MLG or something). You use what you have though, and I'll use this as much as possible.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
lets see
larry
vex
keitaro
ally

all of those people play both melee/brawl and some also play pm
and most are just as recognizable in the community
and ive met m2k half a dozen times he doesn't teach
he's anti social and has freaks outs a lot

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
By teach I mean if you watch his matches and his overall attitude at tourneys. I think you could probably find some new stuff if you just be aware of what he does. Of course he's not gonna pull you aside and explain to you in how many frames Fox's Up Smash comes out, but you can still learn nonetheless.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
M2K's name has more weight to draw in players (regardless of skill level, whereas the others only draw in people that know the scene), and he'll literally go to ANYTHING if you pay for him. Which it looks like they will. All about stacking paper.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
k then why not ken the KING of smash
he's an even bigger name
and he's closer in socal
and if u gave him a free ride he would probably come

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
You know what, not even going to bother with you any more on this Devon, since you'll always find something to complain about.

So yeah, will work with M2K as much as I can, and hope that some other, bigger tournament doesn't plan that same weekend, since let's face it, he competes to win money, and that'll be the better choice for him. Also, will still try to get a full schedule of the smash events up by the end of this month. Just need to talk with Lucas, double check what the plans are overall for Salt Fest, and go from there.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hey devon, why dont you get Ken to come then? If its as easy as youre saying it is, this should be no problem for you.

Top Bottom