• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Ken would not even really draw a crowd. He only plays melee and he's not even good anymore. I find it hard to believe you're actually complaining about efforts to get a international top level player out to our event. I know people who would literally come and enter just to watch him play due to his reputation and history of being one of the best in the world for years. Those other names you listed wouldn't do that.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I have to disagree with Ken not drawing a crowd. People payed Ken to come out of retirement to go to EVO. He's drew more people to all 3 times he went to kings of cali. I'm actually positive if for some miracle that if Ken were to come to a tourney over here. (Which I'm not promoting btw, just saying). That it'd draw a ton more people out of state than if M2K were to come. Hell, Ken has his own stream that get's front page on this site all the time. I'm sure just that would be enough advertisement if he were to come. But I extremely doubt he'll come to a backwater state like Utah when he doesn't play the game/like the scene anymore and the only times he goes to tourneys is when it's right next to him that his friends drag him to.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The "king of smash" coming out of retirement and attending a huge tournament is obviously going to draw an enormous crowd. Everyone wants to see how the once best in the world will hold up against current top players and the current meta game. Fact is, now that he's back he isn't very good. The hype of him coming out of retirement is over. He doesn't even place top ten in a lot of tournaments and loses to relatively unknown random players. He's not the hype he once was, and will not draw nearly as big of a crowd as a current top player.

Not to mention that he only plays melee, which cuts the possible crowd he could draw in essentially in half in comparison to m2k who's top in both games.

If you want to go ahead and get him out for it then by all means go for it. Having him wouldn't hurt. I'm just saying that m2k would be better in terms of drawing a bigger crowd and would be the better choice if you had to choose out of them.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The "king of smash" coming out of retirement and attending a huge tournament is obviously going to draw an enormous crowd. Everyone wants to see how the once best in the world will hold up against current top players and the current meta game. Fact is, now that he's back he isn't very good. People hoped he was "just rusty" and he would prove it at the next big tourney. He doesn't even place top ten in a lot of tournaments and loses to relatively unknown random players. The hype of him coming out of retirement is over. He's not the hype he once was, and will not draw nearly as big of a crowd as a current top player.

Not to mention that he only plays melee, which cuts the possible crowd he could draw in essentially in half in comparison to m2k who's top in both games.

If you want to go ahead and get him out for it then by all means go for it. Having him wouldn't hurt. I'm just saying that m2k would be better in terms of drawing a bigger crowd and would be the better choice if you had to choose out of them.

MVP

Smash Ace
@ Support. Support. : i don't get off work till 5 so i'm gunna be late to the smashfest tonight. Most likely around 6 is when i'll be there. anyone else going?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Memorial / Life Celebration service for Abbey:

It will be this Saturday, the 18th, from 10:00 to 12:00 in the morning. There will be a small program with a song and words from me at approximately 10:15. This is a come and go type event, with light brunch type refreshments. All are welcome to come. It will be located in the cultural hall of my church building (114 South 400 West, Orem, UT - It's right next to the stonehenge off of Center street).

I'll post about this again with an image later, but this is just more so you have time and date about services, as well as location.

@ Tuesday Tuesday : Front Runner is super easy. Show up before time it leaves, pay for ticket at kiosk (it's user friendly), ride train. You may want to ask if someone from SLC area can pick you up from station in that area, before riding it all the way to Ogden. Will save you about 3.50 one way.

Links:
Fare Matrix table: http://www.rideuta.com/uploads/FrontRunnerFareMatrixApril2013_regular.pdf
Time tables: http://www.rideuta.com/mc/?page=Bus-BusHome-Route750

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I have class until 3, then I guess I'll head up. Are you driving or taking train, Jekyll?

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Alright so I ran into a problem with the venue they won't have the space for us to plat until Wednesday due to the store being re arranged so I'm going to look into another not to far from Game Vault but ill let you know here in the next hour or but plan on Wednesday to come if
Can't get another venue.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Alright so I got a place a venue it's not too far from the current venue it's actually like down the street the place is called Hee Bee Gee Beez(dat name doe)
2574 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT
Same time and everything see you guys tonight

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Unfortunately not, this is a new venue so I don't know how lienient they are with time they close at 8 so ill see if I can work something out with them.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I have class until 3, then I guess I'll head up. Are you driving or taking train, Jekyll?
I'm going to be driving this time, but the earliest I can leave work is 4:30. I can pick you up from the frontrunner station if you want. Text me if you check this in time. (574-3O9-O93two)

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Hey guys I'm going to have to cancel my fiancé just got in a car accendent and I'm on my way to hospital so if Thursday sounds good ill for sure have it then I'm sorry guys.

Last edited:

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Sorry to hear that SuppRT. I hope everything turns out alright.

RJ's offering to host a smashfest at his place starting at 6. He lives about 15 minutes south of SLC.
I can give rides to people coming from SLC, but I'll need to leave around 9-ish

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
She ls alright just a broken arm thank god! But her friends car is done. So Thursday Night 4:00 at Game Vault try to be there pls b0ss

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear that SuppRT. I hope everything turns out alright.

RJ's offering to host a smashfest at his place starting at 6. He lives about 15 minutes south of SLC.
I can give rides to people coming from SLC, but I'll need to leave around 9-ish
is that near a frontrunner station? I may be able to attend

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
I'd like to announce that at the coming tournament on the 25th hosted by SuppRT and myself, there will be a Project M 5 character Iron Man match (which may or may not involve money) between us two hosts. We hope that this will build hype and provide for an exciting event.

Characters for each player will be:

Shiro- Marth, Ike, Fox, Captain Falcon, Charizard

SuppRT- Mario, Sheik, Manondorf, Lucas, Squirtle

Thanks.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to announce that at the coming tournament on the 25th hosted by SuppRT and myself, there will be a Project M 5 character Iron Man match (which may or may not involve money) between us two hosts. We hope that this will build hype and provide for an exciting event.

Characters for each player will be:

Shiro- Marth, Ike, Fox, Captain Falcon, Charizard

SuppRT- Mario, Sheik, Manondorf, Lucas, Squirtle

Thanks.
just to add hype

I WILL IRONMAN MATCH YOU IN PM $5 LETS GO

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
If we've got time bro, I'm down. I'll prolly lose though. We had the two hosts face off cuz we both suck xD

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
I'm not gonna bet money on it, sorry, but that sounds good if you just wanna do friendly Iron Man. (Or maybe like $1 lol I'm poor)

Top Bottom