• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tuesday

Smash Ace
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto if you wanna smash today, I'm home already and available until 8:45. You can come over whenever 865 N 500 W #3 Provo. Anyone in the area invited as well.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I've got dinner at 5:30 and meeting a friend at 6:00 for a small while, but should be available after.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
I apologize if you guys are right and Devon was just trolling, but I like to take everyone seriously until proven otherwise. If I had responded in anything less, I just would have been a Devon myself (not that it's a bad thing necessarily). I'm a serious person. If I hear or see an argument that involves me, I instantly go into formulate counter mode. Sorry, but that's just how I roll, and I'll try to take things more lightly around him. Thanks for the tips Ken.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It's fine Shiro, no worries. But really, whenever Devon posts, just ignore it. You'll usually know when he's actually got something worthwhile to say.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I apologize if you guys are right and Devon was just trolling, but I like to take everyone seriously until proven otherwise. If I had responded in anything less, I just would have been a Devon myself (not that it's a bad thing necessarily). I'm a serious person. If I hear or see an argument that involves me, I instantly go into formulate counter mode. Sorry, but that's just how I roll, and I'll try to take things more lightly around him. Thanks for the tips Ken.
I'm like you too, so no worries. Serious or not, Devon never makes any intelligible posts that are worth responding too. He lacks so much logic that discussing anything just turns into a frustrating experience that goes absolutely nowhere. I could go into more detail, but to sum it up basically just resist the urge to respond to him for the most part. And if you do decide to reply, post your feelings and leave it at that. He has made arguments go on for pages that never resolve anything when people choose to keep responding. No matter how right or wrong someone is, being the internet tough guy he is he will never let them have the last word.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Sorry Tuesday, last minute tournament info (BYU Smashers posted about) in Spanish Fork. Another time!

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Sorry Tuesday, last minute tournament info (BYU Smashers posted about) in Spanish Fork. Another time!
lol ya I saw that. Was considering going. Don't think I'll make it in time, though. Started right now. Probably head down anyway to see if they have any yugs worth buying lol.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Question: Does anybody have the original Tio software? Non pro stuff and such. I'd love to get a copy.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, for anyone who was planning on making the trip for lvl up expo, tournament schedule is up.
http://lvlupexpo.org/tournaments/

As a reminder, LVMVGBC will give you a $10 discount from a 2-day pass. To register for tournaments, first pick which pass or passes you want, then click Continue and on the next page, scroll to the bottom. Click on the button labeled "Console Tournaments!" or "Table-Top Tournaments!" and you will be able to choose and add games you want to enter a tournament for.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
>melee singles and yugs same day
>yugs now advanced format like a baus

Well hooooowwwdy.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Hey, for anyone who was planning on making the trip for lvl up expo, tournament schedule is up.
http://lvlupexpo.org/tournaments/

As a reminder, LVMVGBC will give you a $10 discount from a 2-day pass. To register for tournaments, first pick which pass or passes you want, then click Continue and on the next page, scroll to the bottom. Click on the button labeled "Console Tournaments!" or "Table-Top Tournaments!" and you will be able to choose and add games you want to enter a tournament for.
I have to buy a 2-day pass to enter Melee singles even though I only plan on being there Saturday? Harsh...

Or is it saying that I have to buy a 2 day pass to enter Melee doubles and singles? What if I just want to enter singles? Can I get in with a Saturday-only badge?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
is there any interest in having an apex viewing / smashfest at my place on sunday? i'm around ~700 e, 1st ave in slc and i have a couch now so I can house an ~8 man fest. i have a CRT but no melee/cube/memory card. if people (who can bring setups) want to come then i'll make some more concrete scheduling. let me know what times work for everyone.

if sunday is too busy due to church/whatever else, we can move it to saturday instead but then we don't get to see top 8
actually if top 8 is too late at night we may have to keep really quiet which may be a hype killer

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I'm down for this

Btw.... Apex hyyyype. I wish i could go.... at least I won't have to go through the experience of getting my ass handed to me about 30x over.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I've actually already planned an Apex viewing party at my place in Provo on Sunday. :/ You can come to mine if you want, though lol. My Saturday is looking pretty booked, though.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'd rather just stay home and watch it on my flat-screen. :3
My Saturday is booked as well; maybe even for the same reason as Tuesday's since he plays YGO. LOL

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'm watching Apex on a very large TV at my place lol.

I've got a ton of previous engagements on Saturday, but the YGO sneak peek is definitely my morning obligation haha.

Top Bottom