• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have to buy a 2-day pass to enter Melee singles even though I only plan on being there Saturday? Harsh...

Or is it saying that I have to buy a 2 day pass to enter Melee doubles and singles? What if I just want to enter singles? Can I get in with a Saturday-only badge?
I only now just noticed that, but according to the organizer of the expo that information is wrong. You only need a pass for the day that the tournament is being run, though the promo codes are only valid for the two-day passes. So overall your pick.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I only now just noticed that, but according to the organizer of the expo that information is wrong. You only need a pass for the day that the tournament is being run, though the promo codes are only valid for the two-day passes. So overall your pick.
THANK YOU. I will be bringing possibly 2 full cars of people.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
alright I'm down to have a smashfest at my place tomorrow but somebody's gotta bring a setup

anybody from SLC driving to tuesday's on sunday?
edit-fugg it i may just suck it up and take a long ass train ride, we'll see how bad i wanna play on sunday

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
whats project melee?

EDIT: oh wait its that game that stole a bunch of the best stuff from brawl minus. Brawl - > project redundant L cancels.
whats project melee?

EDIT: oh wait its that game that stole a bunch of the best stuff from brawl minus. Brawl - > project redundant L cancels.
Haha you must have it confused with another mod PM is far from B-
Inb4Brawllovingfatnerdrage

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Haha SuppRT, that's just RJ. Also, normally it's bad TOing to keep changing the schedule/rules/etc, the closer it is to the day the worse it is. You need to finalize what you're doing now if you're going to change it. Not attacking you, just letting you know since you say you want to start hosting tournaments.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Haha SuppRT, that's just RJ. Also, normally it's bad TOing to keep changing the schedule/rules/etc, the closer it is to the day the worse it is. You need to finalize what you're doing now if you're going to change it. Not attacking you, just letting you know since you say you want to start hosting tournaments.
Oh no it was just a side thought I'm not changing it. But thanks for the advice :3

GodKingTheNameOf

Banned via Warnings
Lolumad. Fact. tls up b and neutral b are the same. Dk and diddys running attacks are the same. The only real difference is brawl minus is more technical but character specifically. Instead of refundantly technical inputs for the sake of inputs theres no reason to not l cancel so the moves may as well always be that fast. Project gaylee is fun and all but minus is just godlike and drops combo tech chase power shield on project gaylee and as thr best project gaylee and minus player I would know wats best.
Every character over ics hack side event plz

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Party at teusday's? Hmm.... I guess I can go. Pretty free weekend. I'll just need a time and an address. And If I do go I wouldn't mind taking you Tomacawk.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Its up in the air right now im waitinf till he 25th
This is what I was meaning by poor TOing. Waiting till the day of the tournament to decide is the worst way to do it, especially when it's so far out of people's way. You need to decide now what's going on.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Also anyone in logan if you want to smash tonight, tomorrow, or monday let me know! I have a wii and project m . :D my number is 8018851875

edit: @ Support. Support. @ Ken Neth Ken Neth is rght. You need to decide on that asap. I personally would like pm, but the thing is every game you add is another big time commitment.

MVP

Smash Ace
Also anyone in logan if you want to smash tonight, tomorrow, or monday let me know! I have a wii and project m . :D my number is 8018851875

edit: @ Support. Support. @ Ken Neth Ken Neth is rght. You need to decide on that asap. I personally would like pm, but the thing is every game you add is another big time commitment.
they're right. not to beat a dead horse or anything but i'd decide now, put your schedule together, then post it asap.

you said you wanted PM, melee, and crews. so make it official :) plus it sounds like people want PM anyways

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
they're right. not to beat a dead horse or anything but i'd decide now, put your schedule together, then post it asap.

you said you wanted PM, melee, and crews. so make it official :) plus it sounds like people want PM anyways
there you go

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Hey folks- I just moved to SLC. I'm living at the UofU dorms and I'd love to have some friendlies in the smash games, (preferably melee or PM- not 64). I'll probably be attending local events in the future.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Ok, so here is the last schedule update for all you smashers coming to the Tournament.

Where: Game Vault 2671 Washington Blvd.Ogden Utah
When: January 25th 2014

11:00 Friendlies start!
11:30 Crew battle Leverage Gaming vs Roguays crew
12:00 or 12:30 Iron Man match SuppRT vs Shiro
Registration starts
2:00 registration closes and brackets will be made
2:30 First Match of PROJECT M
DOUBLES will be played
4:00 or 4:30 First Match of PROJECT M SINGLES will be played
5:30 or 6:00 First Match of MELEE DOUBLES be played
7:00 First Match of MELEE SINGLES will be played

NOTE: Sorry for the confusion and last minuet change but I Made this change due to the fact that Project M was such a success at Apex 2014 and it was a high demand amongst the Utah Community. So I dropped Brawl all together sorry for all you Brawl players.

Leverage Gaming Roster:
SuppRT
Shiro
CrunchBox
Mars
MVP

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
*scratches head* Well, I'll come up for Project M Doubles and Singles, but well jet after that due to other arrangements that I'm trying to meet.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
*scratches head* Well, I'll come up for Project M Doubles and Singles, but well jet after that due to other arrangements that I'm trying to meet.
Yeah next tourney will be better i promise I'm just trying to please everyone :(

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Aight so I live at 865 n 500 w #3 Provo Utah. Guys can start showing up at 3. Text me for any questions.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Well, go with what you have, then review afterwards the shortcomings and the successes, like you would any scenario for things you want to improve. As always, you've got people here who are willing to help out.

EDIT: @ Tuesday Tuesday : I should be there. I'll be bringing food stuff items if that's okay, since there was a bit left over from the memorial today.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
NOTE: Sorry for the confusion and last minuet change but I Made this change due to the fact that Project M was such a success at Apex 2014 and it was a high demand amongst the Utah Community. So I dropped Brawl all together sorry for all you Brawl players.
I don't know why I still find your posts like this amusing. You act as if brawl is dying out in Utah or something when it's still easily the large majority. You also had already dropped brawl all together before you saw apex's success and it didn't appear to have much to do with the high demand in UT (wait what?) so stop changing what you say. It's cool if you don't want to host brawl at your event, that's your choice. Just know you're going to get better turnouts in general if you don't alienate the people who play brawl as their main game.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I hate Sheik, and it's not even a bad match up for me. Just her EZPZ style makes me mad.

How about that aMSa, tho.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
I don't know why I still find your posts like this amusing. You act as if brawl is dying out in Utah or something when it's still easily the large majority. You also had already dropped brawl all together before you saw apex's success and it didn't appear to have much to do with the high demand in UT (wait what?) so stop changing what you say. It's cool if you don't want to host brawl at your event, that's your choice. Just know you're going to get better turnouts in general if you don't alienate the people who play brawl as their main game.
Haha I can't. . . :,D Like I told everyone else this is MY TOURNAMENT. If you don't like it then don't come it's as simple as that I originally wanted PM but no, butt hurt brawl players were salty because there wasn't a brawl bracket so FAWK it. I'm going to say this now for anyone who has a problem with my tourneys planning this is my first tourney it will get better and I will have more experience in my next one so back the **** off. GG

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Hey folks- I just moved to SLC. I'm living at the UofU dorms and I'd love to have some friendlies in the smash games, (preferably melee or PM- not 64). I'll probably be attending local events in the future.
i live near the U
u play brawl?
or just another melee tryhard

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Ok, so here is the last schedule update for all you smashers coming to the Tournament.

Where: Game Vault 2671 Washington Blvd.Ogden Utah
When: January 25th 2014

11:00 Friendlies start!
11:30 Crew battle Leverage Gaming vs Roguays crew
12:00 or 12:30 Iron Man match SuppRT vs Shiro
Registration starts
2:00 registration closes and brackets will be made
2:30 First Match of PROJECT M
DOUBLES will be played
4:00 or 4:30 First Match of PROJECT M SINGLES will be played
5:30 or 6:00 First Match of MELEE DOUBLES be played
7:00 First Match of MELEE SINGLES will be played

Leverage Gaming Roster:
SuppRT
Shiro
CrunchBox
Mars
MVP
Uuhhhh so if registration closes at 2 and Melee starts at 7, does that mean I still have to be there before 2 to play melee? I honestly have no intention of playing P:M.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Haha I can't. . . :,D Like I told everyone else this is MY TOURNAMENT. If you don't like it then don't come it's as simple as that I originally wanted PM but no, butt hurt brawl players were salty because there wasn't a brawl bracket so FAWK it. I'm going to say this now for anyone who has a problem with my tourneys planning this is my first tourney it will get better and I will have more experience in my next one so back the **** off. GG
He's not telling you what games to run; he's telling you not to alienate them. Like changing your mind and acting like the game they prefer, and play at a VERY high level, isn't important. Most brawl players wouldn't mind going to a melee-only tournament, since most play both, but they won't want to if they feel like they aren't welcome or appreciated as part of the community.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Uuhhhh so if registration closes at 2 and Melee starts at 7, does that mean I still have to be there before 2 to play melee? I honestly have no intention of playing P:M.
No you can show I forgot to include that you'd just have to pay when you get there thisnisnjist for people who want to be at the venue all day and play a **** ton of friendlies haha until their event is up

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
He's not telling you what games to run; he's telling you not to alienate them. Like changing your mind and acting like the game they prefer, and play at a VERY high level, isn't important. Most brawl players wouldn't mind going to a melee-only tournament, since most play both, but they won't want to if they feel like they aren't welcome or appreciated as part of the community.
See that's the problem I never said brawl wasn't going to be there it just wants going to be a bracket
Edit: it is what it is I'm done talking about it I'm sticking to it k bye

Last edited:
Top Bottom