• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
How about that aMSa, tho.
Fricken aMSa.... what a beast player. He made me so happy watching him and I was so sad that he didn't make it to top 8. He was so close too! But a somewhat new player to the competitive scene playing yoshi and getting 9th in apex. That's awesome.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Ok, so here is the last schedule update for all you smashers coming to the Tournament.

Where: Game Vault 2671 Washington Blvd.Ogden Utah
When: January 25th 2014

11:00 Friendlies start!
11:30 Crew battle Leverage Gaming vs Roguays crew
12:00 or 12:30 Iron Man match SuppRT vs Shiro
Registration starts
2:00 registration closes and brackets will be made
2:30 First Match of PROJECT M
DOUBLES will be played
4:00 or 4:30 First Match of PROJECT M SINGLES will be played
5:30 or 6:00 First Match of MELEE DOUBLES be played
7:00 First Match of MELEE SINGLES will be played

NOTE: Sorry for the confusion and last minuet change but I Made this change due to the fact that Project M was such a success at Apex 2014 and it was a high demand amongst the Utah Community. So I dropped Brawl all together sorry for all you Brawl players.

Leverage Gaming Roster:
SuppRT
Shiro
CrunchBox
Mars
MVP
Dude no brawl!? I got work off so I could go and now you changed it?! I second everything Kenny said

Tomacawk

Smash Master
my forum experience

edit: what's up with tuesday's place today? when are people heading over? i'm like 50/50 on going

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
also i think there's a breakdown in communication here...can everybody relax?

most of us want to help suppRT, but put yourself in his perspective. he shows up excited to join this new community, and all he's gotten since he's shown up is people (in good intentions, mostly) telling him what to do. it is VERY hard for ANY of us to stay receptive, objective, and positive in that kind of environment. it would behoove us much better to save these sorts of talks for in person, I think, where we are able to use our facial expressions and body language to express good will. it's a much more compassionate environment to give guidance in.

suppRT, i look forward to your current and future contributions, but you have much to learn. and we will grow together through these initial hardships
(:
in the meantime, everybody else should consider letting up a little bit and letting things unfold as they are. clearly things could have been done better, and some decisions have been questionable, but if this is what suppRT wants to do there's no point dwelling in the past or delusions of "how things should have been/should be". this is what we got, so let's accept it and deal with it

sorry andrew :(

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Haha I can't. . . :,D Like I told everyone else this is MY TOURNAMENT. If you don't like it then don't come it's as simple as that I originally wanted PM but no, butt hurt brawl players were salty because there wasn't a brawl bracket so FAWK it. I'm going to say this now for anyone who has a problem with my tourneys planning this is my first tourney it will get better and I will have more experience in my next one so back the **** off. GG
The more you post the more you remind me of someone else that posts in this thread. You ignore the valid points people make and resort to getting defensive and attacking anyone that has anything to say.

For the last time, I said I know it's your tournament and I agree that you should be able to host whatever you want at it. I've supported you in that sense the whole time. The only things I have said are: 1- you will get a better turnout if you have brawl too because many brawl-main players would enter the other brackets. 2- the closer you are to an event the worse it is to change anything (rules/schedule/which games are having a tournament/etc), which is a valid general TOing tip that applies to any and every TO/event ever. 3- you shouldn't be trying to alienate "butt hurt brawl players" who are, in fact, the majority of the scene you decided to come into. That actually applies mostly to the way you, as someone who is trying to be a TO, have handled yourself on the boards, not the fact that you aren't hosting a brawl bracket at your tournament.

None of those points are false in any way and none have attacked you in the slightest. As I said, I agree it is your choice to host brawl or not and I honestly don't care that there is an event that doesn't have brawl in it. However, you should have more respect for other people in the community. Stop responding immaturely and realize that most of us that have been in the scene for awhile have experienced a lot and know what has worked and what hasn't in the past. We're not trying to attack you, we are trying to help. We realize this is your first time hosting a tournament and want to help and support in any way we can. Believe it or not, we all want the scene to grow too. You are free to try new things or ways of doing things- the things we've said are simply observations from past experiences and nothing more. If you need help with anything there are plenty of us who are more than willing to help, myself included.

Edit: I also agree with tomacawk, I realize it's hard coming into a new scene and we appreciate all the effort you're putting into trying to host and help the scene. We all just want to help so I apologize if you've felt attacked or under appreciated at all, that is not our intention

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
i live near the U
u play brawl?
or just another melee tryhard
I played brawl competitively when it first came out but haven't really played it much in years. I still got it in me, though.

...but yeah, I have a preference for Melee nowadays because of the pace. BUT I can play brawl :)

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Sorry everyone for being so damn ass hurt about constructive criticism. A little back story about why for those who care, I came from a FPS community(Call of Duty to be exact) where everyone was an ass and would roast the hell out of you any chance they could get, more on forums than online, so you understand why I get so damn defensive over little crap like this. I can say this community is different from many others. But I digress. My name may not be to big amongst the community but it will be one day. So the tourney stands as it is to not cause anymore confusion amongst you guys and my self. And I apologize for my actions and trust me I'm not neglecting the Brawl community I just don't want that at my tourneys i may have them occasionally but and I want to do something different so please understand

On a not so serious how about Armadas Pit? That was ****ing ridiculous!!!

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace

edit: what's up with tuesday's place today? when are people heading over? i'm like 50/50 on going
Reposting, today, 3pm, 865 n 500 w #3 Provo Utah. @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 you said you could possibly give Tomacawk a ride? I have all games available for play and if demand calls I can have multiple streams running.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Reposting, today, 3pm, 865 n 500 w #3 Provo Utah. @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 you said you could possibly give Tomacawk a ride? I have all games available for play and if demand calls I can have multiple streams running.
I did... I plan on leaving around 2:30 should be there around 3:10 - 3:30ish. Just waiting for Tomacawk to confirm. Not on steam :(

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I came from a FPS community(Call of Duty to be exact) !
lololol
i found smash through the halo 2 community (mlg)
the thing about FPS / moba communities that make them so ****ty is it's all online, you can say whatever you want and there's no accountability

smash is LAN ONLY (for the most part, even melee has some net play now) so if you are an annoying/spiteful person you get ignored pretty quick

it's actually hilarious to me how strikingly different this community is from the nadota community (in a VERY GOO WAY)

Yo Tomacawk... still a need a ride to Tuesday's?
meh tbh i don't want to commit to being there for more than like 2-3 hours and judging by the fact that melee hasn't even started yet I think I'm just gunna stay home

oh how far i'm fallen from the bright eye'd midwest youngster begging people to drive 5 hours with him to get to a 50 man tournament

Tomacawk

Smash Master
you're leaving at 2:30?
maybe I will come then. when do you plan to leave? as in, come back to slc
let me check the apex stream schedule...
edit: it's just a blank screen for me.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
you're leaving at 2:30?
maybe I will come then. when do you plan to leave? as in, come back to slc
let me check the apex stream schedule...
edit: it's just a blank screen for me.
Just come. Remember when you said C!Z is good and asked when we're gonna get good? As soon as you help me lol. 8:30 their time is 6:30 here.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
alright i'm down but i'll be ready at like 2:45
573 e 1st ave slc ut 84103
8o1 259 56ate8
edit- still can't view that google doc idk what the issue is, never had this problem before and i don't care enough to troubleshoot it
double edit - tuesday/wario is it cool if a bring a joint to smoke later? i'll obviously go outside to smoke it but i reeeeally want to play with the creative influence of my sweet lady mary jane

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I just tuned into apex brawl to see m2k time out ally. =/

Tuesday

Smash Ace
alright i'm down but i'll be ready at like 2:45
573 e 1st ave slc ut 84103
8o1 259 56ate8
edit- still can't view that google doc idk what the issue is, never had this problem before and i don't care enough to troubleshoot it
double edit - tuesday/wario is it cool if a bring a joint to smoke later? i'll obviously go outside to smoke it but i reeeeally want to play with the creative influence of my sweet lady mary jane
I don't mind just go outside lol.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i love how m2k is so committed to winning that he will do what he thinks is the best strategy, even if he hates it
i honestly respect that mentality, this guy is willing to time people out in brawl to get that W

MVP

Smash Ace
Ok, so here is the last schedule update for all you smashers coming to the Tournament.

Where: Game Vault 2671 Washington Blvd.Ogden Utah
When: January 25th 2014

11:00 Friendlies start!
11:30 Crew battle Leverage Gaming vs Roguays crew
12:00 or 12:30 Iron Man match SuppRT vs Shiro
Registration starts
2:00 registration closes and brackets will be made
2:30 First Match of PROJECT M
DOUBLES will be played
4:00 or 4:30 First Match of PROJECT M SINGLES will be played
5:30 or 6:00 First Match of MELEE DOUBLES be played
7:00 First Match of MELEE SINGLES will be played

NOTE: Sorry for the confusion and last minuet change but I Made this change due to the fact that Project M was such a success at Apex 2014 and it was a high demand amongst the Utah Community. So I dropped Brawl all together sorry for all you Brawl players.

Leverage Gaming Roster:
SuppRT
Shiro
CrunchBox
Mars
MVP
sweet, this is awesome! one last thing, whats the entry fee's for each event?

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Also if anyone could help me out and get me PM 3.0.2 I really need it. And I have no way of getting it.

MVP

Smash Ace
MVP, wanna team up if you don't have anyone? XD
lol sure if i don't find anyone haha, i might be teaming with neon though. still up in the air. i'll let you know asap :)

Also if anyone could help me out and get me PM 3.0.2 I really need it. And I have no way of getting it.
this thursday if you give me your sd card, i'll put it on and give it back first thing saturday?

EDIT: although you'd probably wanna train friday for the tourny :/

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Pit's arrows are just smaller turnips traveling so fast that they look like light, obviously.

And I haven't been getting any notifications on posts since Friday... <_<

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Final got 3rd in his pool in Brawl. He ended up missing PM pools. :(

I think Devon had a pretty close set with Dendi. I think he finished 6th in his pool in Brawl.

I think I finished somewhere around 6th in my PM pool and 12th-ish in my Melee pool, but I'm just guessing. Lost to Reno and some Marth player (Arcadia?)

Smoom77

Smash Master
I applied to BYU for summer term (and i'm not too worried about being accepted) so omg i'm so excited to finally be in utah and to play smash again teehee

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Dear Tomacawk,

You have received a warning at Smash World Forums for Double Posting

alright boys we got a snitch among us be careful who you post around

need a doubles partner for melee next weekend
jekyll who did you team with?
pc/yaz are you guys available to team? pc preferably since we are teaming for salt fest..

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I applied to BYU for summer term (and i'm not too worried about being accepted) so omg i'm so excited to finally be in utah and to play smash again teehee
should have done usuuuuuuuuuu

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
So how are SLC people getting over to Orem? If someone's driving I would like to pitch in for a ride. If we're taking tracks how much would they cost?

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
lololol
i found smash through the halo 2 community (mlg)
the thing about FPS / moba communities that make them so ****ty is it's all online, you can say whatever you want and there's no accountability

smash is LAN ONLY (for the most part, even melee has some net play now) so if you are an annoying/spiteful person you get ignored pretty quick

it's actually hilarious to me how strikingly different this community is from the nadota community (in a VERY GOO WAY)

meh tbh i don't want to commit to being there for more than like 2-3 hours and judging by the fact that melee hasn't even started yet I think I'm just gunna stay home

oh how far i'm fallen from the bright eye'd midwest youngster begging people to drive 5 hours with him to get to a 50 man tournament
I need a day where I just do straight Melee friendlies and work on getting my tech skill back. I'm free most of next week and I'm down to drive pretty much anywhere.

You'll probably beat me pretty good the first time we play but I think I'll show you a thing or two once I get back into it ;)

MVP

Smash Ace
Me and Neon are teaming in PM,
and Me and Jekyll are teaming in Melee

good luck to everyone attending

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That's happened to me in the past. I think I had to unsubscribe->resubscribe to fix it
I've already done that, and it fixed it, but then stopped again. I'm getting notifications now again after I caught up on posts, but who knows when it'll decide to stop again...

Also, I probably won't be able to make it to Melee for the tournament since I have to leave around 6-6:30. I'll team with you in P:M, though, Tomacawk.

So how are SLC people getting over to Orem? If someone's driving I would like to pitch in for a ride. If we're taking tracks how much would they cost?
What's happening in Orem?

Top Bottom