• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Clash of the Titans 4 Results Thread

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
k k thx Ryko ^^

But what about Vids ? Does M2K allow to upload them ? ^^"

I hope so... otherwise i hope the others are willing in to upload their fights ;)

Hax

Smash Champion
MONEY BACK! MONEY BACK! shoutouts later

i lol'd to atomsk's team name.. shocker on shock street LMAO goosebumps

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just want to say I wasn't the one who first came up with the idea. Apparently the Japanese already use the "70 edge grabs per game" rule.

I'd like to do more extensive shout outs but the main people I need to hit are:

Ebo: THANKS FOR THE HOUSING! Your Mom was also awesome. Crazy great hospiltality, you really made the weekend for me/my car an amazing experience. 5 golden stars!

Nope + everyone in my car: thanks for driving me/riding with me! Our car was awesome. We had Smash/Dave Chapel it was good ****. Springfield Ohio is too **** good. Also, nice work Nope beating Inui in a MM. Major props.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
1: Mew2King - Good **** I guess, blah blah blah, you've heard it all before.
2: Ally - Best Snake period. Awesome teams set, we only won because our characters had the matchup advantage. I'd love to play you 1v1 sometime.
5: NinjaLink - 5th? Good **** NL! Did you go all Diddy?
5: Lee - Fun friendlies, it was like playing Azen's Lucario, but different. Say hi to Sudai for me!
7: ChuDat - Good **** on 7th, the competition was fierce.
13: OmegaBlackMage - Wish I had gotten to play your G&W.
17: Azen - What happened D: Don't sandbag so much!
17: Reflex - Wish I had gotten to play you.
17: AndyG - Awesome job ****** me in pools. Best EC Olimar?
25: Boss - I got to see some of your team matches, you were kicking ***. Shoryuken!
25: Seibrik - Argh I should have won that MM! I hate ROB's side-B so much. I got you back in teams though ;) Oh did you have a blue zip-up hoody? I found one in my truck.
25: Greg - I saw your set vs Santi, goooood ****!
25: Lukky - 25th? Niiice, I see you haven't gotten too rusty.
25: Shadow - Blarg I hate MK -_- Good **** in teams.
33: Candy - Why didn't you beat DM and Shadow? :ohwell:
33: Turbogilman - Wow 33rd good ****!
33: Xzax - Where'd your hair go?
33: Holy Nightmare - I need to play you sometime. I heard G-Reg beat you with Fox. Fox is a ***** eh?
33: Fatal - Wish I had gotten to play you.
33: Inui - Thanks for the housing.
33: Kornn - Good **** in teams with Boss!
33: Meep - ICs too good?
33: Eli - Good **** in friendlies, you were really good.
49: Blackanese - Apparently you're the guy I was supposed to play next, sorry I left early.
49: King Ace - You're bracket was effed up, eh? Mine was too, I got 3rd seed in my pool but didn't get placed in the bracket. I had to go complain to Chibo personally. This happened to a lot of people.
49: Orion - If only :laugh: If you had used Snake against us I guarantee we would've won :p **** MK.
49: dmbrandon - Good **** ****** us in teams. Not much our team could do about double MK. You guys were MUCH tougher than Ally and Seibrik :laugh: Awesome set with thumbs, you're a funny dude.
49: Pyronic~Star - Step it up!
65: ChiboSempai - Fun ROB dittos, I need to step it up. But IMO you had no business entering the tourney yourself after committing to run such a major tourney. I hope you're OK, there's no excuse for physical violence or rioting, but I was very disappointed at how unprepared you were for the turnout. I really doubt that it would have gone much better if only 200 had shown up. I still respect you as a player but I don't think you should attempt to hold a tournament of this caliber again.
65: Keitaro - My man! Our team was sheer **** on Saturday! I feel like I let you down on Sunday (sorry, MK is my achilles heel :ohwell:) but we still had a good run and I don't think people are gonna forget what we accomplished (that **** spread like wildfire!). If you ever wanna team again let me know, hopefully I'll have an answer to MK by then :)
65: Kai - Awesome Sonic, good teams matches!
65: Will - Good **** beasting me in pools, MK is too good.
65: JCaesar - I left before I finished my matches, but still, step it up!
65: C4 - Nice, weird Falco!
65: Hylian - Wish I had gotten to play your G&W.
65: Pierce7d - Fun teams friendlies on Friday night.
65: SSR - Good ****, most underrated Peach ever. SSR > NikoK, Dark.Pch, and Hova? Maybe so. None of them made it out of pools :laugh:
65: thumbswayup - Good **** 1st seed in teams, MD, yeah! Awesome set vs DM.
Zaf - Nice MK, we really were playing to get out of pools.
EE - Never bet against MD/VA son :p

Hope I didn't forget anyone. Too many people there to remember.

i did beat dmbrandon and shadow in teams....way to pay attention lol

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
k k thx Ryko ^^

But what about Vids ? Does M2K allow to upload them ? ^^"

I hope so... otherwise i hope the others are willing in to upload their fights ;)
srsly.. i hope so.
everyones goin to lose respect for him if he says no all the time.
Everyone likes to watch these matches!
Thats like if during every football playoffs or super bowl they never aired it on TV to screw over spectators. That would be a complete joke.
Im sure he plays with alot of people who see his play style (copying stuff) but still dont BEAT him because he still has smarts when he plays and making the right decisions.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Caaaaaaandy play me more Snake vs Diddy. I'm better at that matchup now thanks to Ally lol

OH and I forgot to give a big shoutout to Esoj and Gonzo and JC for cheering me on during my match with dmbrandon. Thanks guys, it made the matches so much more intense haha <3

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
How about my pools singles experience?

My pool had:
Eazy-marth main
Alphazealot
Snakee
Steel2nd-marth main
Taj-marth main
?-never showed
?-never showed
?-never showed

We start pools at like f*cking 11 at night. Knowing that me and Keitaro still have the job of getting everyone back to my house, and being very very tired from having almost no sleep the night before, If I would have known singles pools could be done the next day...I would have gladly opted for this.
"Hat, I've decided you clearly had the worst pool at the tourny"
I play snakee and lose 2-0.
I play Alpha and lose 2-1.
I play steel. I go falco r1, a match Im winning. I sd 2nd stock and get 0-deathd my last stock. I MAIN marth, I obviously know falco can get 0-deathd. My state of mind was so out of it that I actually allowed it to happen to myself. I then sd last stock r2 vs steel. 2 sd's and a 0-death that would not happen if we played 100000 times again...sucks.

As we know crap happens in tourny right? Steel had gotten 2-0'd by snakee and alpha as well. So all I needed to do 2 get into pools was to beat everyone else, and have steel lose to possibly one out of 3 more people. I then find out that pools are being done on sunday..WTF!.

We come back to the venue to finish pools, only to find out that 3 people from the pool are being dq'd becaause they werent there. These 3 people were never there around the pool setup on saturday, and never showed on sunday. WHO WERE THESE PEOPLE!!!!! My pool was 3 marths, snakee and alpha zealot!
Steel wins 2-1 vs the other marth and I win 2-0. He was good. His matches with snakeee were VERY VERY close. My pool had 3 very good marth's in it, I just find this very odd.

With 3 people missing from the pool I had 0 chances for steel to lose to one of them and for me to make it out. What makes it worse is that anyone who played me at all on sunday, even steel himself, can vouch for the fact that I was playing 10 times better than I was late at night on saturday.

I'm glad steel made it out, as he is a good friend and someone I enjoy talking to alot. But I am a bit bitter at the way I lost, the time we played, and how much better we both know I could have played.

But seriously wtf? Why was my pool filled with talent? Then with 3 people who didnt show? Still weird that Steel would be put in my pool anyway. He was THROWN into my pool and someone else's name was crossed off. Was that person a no show also? If so thats 4 people from my pool who didnt show... nice. It was very fun playing AZ, althought I wish it would have been the next day. Really stinks that I could have gotten to play like 6-7 people I've never ever played, but instead was put up against snakee and steel, people I play. And only 2 people I've never played..My pool sucked.:(
everyone in our pool was good enough to be in brackets (the ones who showed anyway). our pool was badly seeded and it did look like i was randomly thrown into it, as i wasnt even called when the pool was originally announced. but its w/e, im sure there were other messed up pools and i got to talk with snakee and alpha which was cool .

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I played like complete and utter trash at this tourney due to driving so long and lack of sleep. One of the only matches I did well in got cut short by SamuraiPanda tripping over the power cord. No Johns though.

This tournament made me spend like 30 bucks in gas, 5 in tolls, 0 for hotel (SORRY CALI/MD/VA. I RAN ENTIRELY OUT OF MONEY) 25 for food, 35 for entries, and 200 FOR MISSING SO MUCH FREAKING WORK!!!

My work is kinda pissed at me right now cause my reason for calling off is that I'm stuck in philly in a giant group that everyone is calling an "angry mob" I think I'm just angry because I saw this happening from Saturday night. I think some announcements would have been nice at around 4 P.M. about what was going on. Just a status update on how things were going would have relieved a LOT of tension...

Hindsight is of course 20/20 and the past is the past but I didn't get home until about 12 hours after I expected to...

Shoutouts:

Lain\Judge - Good job in the singles brackets. I really need to find some way to beat ICs with Sonic... and Judge, we never got in a friendly where you used a serious character... in the end it wasn't worth it to pick you guys up because of the whole work issue but I guess I don't regret it cause it made the trip a bit more.... interesting... with Lain around

Anther - I gotta get another sonic ditto in next time I see you. I'm assuming I'll be practicing with Sonic more than you so it'll be epic. Awesome job in singles. Also, you fail at smoking...

King Yoshi - You've gotten better at the sonic matchup and better in general from the first time we've fought. Thx for heading out with us and I'll see you at the next tourney we go to.

RidlR - I don't know if you should listen to everyone and pick a main or if you should stick with random. The logical side of me says pick a main, but the other side says HOLY CRAP ULTIMATE MINDGAMES.

Alphazealot/quivo - Good job repping Ohio... I almost made brackets too but no johns. I'll probly see you guys at Love's last stand.

Cake/Nope - We still haven't faced each other have we? If you guys are going to Love's Last stand we gotta at least get in some friendlies if I don't face you in the brackets.

NEO - LOL I'm so glad you hate the sonic matchup. That gives me so much hope for the future. I wanna make everyone dread the matchup like that.

Pride - WTF? Sonic is the MK of low tier, not yoshi. I went into that tournament only knowing one thing about yoshi, go for the footstool. The first time I footstooled you you made sure that never happened again. Nice job making it out of that pool dude.

Camalange - Dude, Blue blur was an epic phail... I thought a sonic team would do good when I was playing with MD/VA in the hotel but I don't know what happened... It's all good though, keep repping the sonic.

Blue - I'm hoping I played you enough to make myself slightly better at the sonic ditto. I swear I dread that matchup more than MK or ICs or anyone really. It's so unusual how differently everyone's sonic played at this tourney. I know how much you love that grab release but I want to try to convert you to the up throw...

MalcolM - Nice talking with you and just as I expected you are indeed quite legit. Nice job in the tourney and it's too bad low tiers was cancelled cause you would have destroyed in that. Maybe once my wii is fixed we can play online or something. We probably won't be in the same tourney again for a while but you keep reppin in the east coast and I'll keep reppin in the midwest.

Nasty - I might see you at state college or some other tournament soon. It's tough to main low tier and you hold that lucas flag high.

Inui - Thx for hoteling and sorry it took so long. I actually took off work early on Friday and we still didn't make it in there till really late.

I probably forgot some people an I'm sorry if I did. Anyone I played friendlies with, Good matches...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I read this and some of it didn't make any sense to me. You are right about the planking match (the player "planked" against you, right?), technically by the rules you did get cheated, but many people (including myself) have been saying that the "no planking" rule is stupid simply because it isn't very enforceable. Guess what happened? It was difficult to enforce. You can make a rule saying no one is allowed to press the B button - good luck enforcing it in a tournament of 300 people. So, yes, if there were witnesses, then it should have been handled, but you should also recognize how the EC's willingness to put rules in their rulesets that aren't actually easy to enforce isn't Chibo's fault, its the whole EC's fault for thinking you can make non-discrete wording and non-enforcable rules. Someone (I think maybe it was Edreese) once suggested that the rule against "No planking" should be rewritten to "No one may grab the edge more than x times in a match", the number he suggested was 70, a number apparently borrowed from Japanese rule sets. This means enforcing planking would be easy - you simply check the "edge grab" statistic at the end of the game and if its over 70 then the opponent gets an automatic win. So, you got cheated, but the rule itself is poorly structured and ALL EC TO'S who commonly knew the rule was poorly structured but kept putting it in their rulesets (and pertetuating the usage of a poorly structured rule so much that if Chibo did not have a "no planking" rule, people would ***** and moan about it) and telling people that it was easily enforceable are to blame, not just Chibo.
I was told that why I said "heard" that 4 people made it out of a pool. I think I was told something like this by NinjaLink. Talk to him about it. I really dont know what happen.

But as for me, what happen was pure BS. Now the rest of this matter I am gonna get onto it on chibos post below, I just wanna know. If 2 people tie for third place in pools, how does one decided who goes into the brackets.

There was no situation in that 4 people made it out of a pool, especially with the case of Samurai Panda which I feel was a worse situation than yours. All of the top seeds got byes because 96 people were advanced. I can't let one person in to take a bye as then I would have to let all 4th seeds, which would have made the tournament go atleast an extra 2 hours or so. Umbra is just a campy player. I've lot a set to him in the past, he did the same thing to me but on Halberd. But from what I heard, he just sorta camped the ledges for 1 minute. 1. one minute isnt terrible. there had to have been something you can do. 2. i did not see the match, nor did anyone else helping me out with stuff (Panda, AZ, other ToS), and they all agree with the ruling. 3. The only mentioning of camping in the rules is: "# No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)" So at this point we need to determine if the time it was done for (1 minute, but even still were not 100% sure if that was the time in question) is justifiable. It's not multiple minutes as the rule said, and after 7 minutes of fighting already, one minute doesn't seem destructive.
Ok now from this I can tell you are full of BS. First off I told you many times (as well as the 7-10 people who saw my match that it was ORION, NOT UMBRA. Umbra I lost to by being an idiot and not paying attention to his typical tornado spamm with I punish meta for alot. I could have beat him but was careless, oh well next time i'll just come back and beat his azz, that is all there is to be said.

1. one minute isnt terrible. there had to have been something you can do.

And don't you ****ing sit here and tell me there was something I could have done. You dont know 2 ****s about my ****ing character alright? Nothing at all. He planked for a min straight. Going from one edge to the other. I'm ****ing Peach, there was not a damm thing I could have done. I got cheated right as you and panda said. ok then, cheating is not allowed in a game, you cheat you lose. you get caught cheating on the SAT or any damm test, you fail on the spot. Game over. there was nothing in my power at all. pick Peach and have a meta do what orion did to me to you then ****ing comeback to me with an answer on what I could have done. I was 100% defenseless. Why the hell you think people Plank and it is illigeal? How dumb are you?

2. i did not see the match, nor did anyone else helping me out with stuff (Panda, AZ, other ToS), and they all agree with the ruling

that is right, you did not see the match, my damm witness did and I ****ing told you as well as them what happend. and you just game me a lazy respones with ****ing proof that I had about what happen with me and Orion. And you and the rest of the people with you who did not see **** agreed with something you had no clue about. or even seen.I had to go to you 2 times, then to ****ing alex and had come call you over and even talk about the problem YET AGAIN. and you still gave some lazy BS. So please shove this one up your azz.

I ****ing went up to you with like 5 people and told you wtf happend, and what you said "Nothing I can do, Orion gets the win Me and the others agreed" The others that aggreed with you were not there watching the damm match, so how you gonna have them over rule my ****ing witnesses? orion made the match impossible for me to win when he did that. He ran the clock for a min. Don't you sit your fat azz here and tell me a min is really nothing. You did not see the match at all and act like it was really nothing and something could have been done. There was nothing in my power at all I could have done to stop him from doing that. Planking is wrong and banned for a reason. Also let me freaking finish you off by the three things you said.

3. The only mentioning of camping in the rules is: "# No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)" So at this point we need to determine if the time it was done for (1 minute, but even still were not 100% sure if that was the time in question) is justifiable. It's not multiple minutes as the rule said, and after 7 minutes of fighting already, one minute doesn't seem destructive.

See that first sentence of what you said? Thats what excatly happen. He did this for a min straight. No attacking, no thing just plank for that min. i told you this **** so many times. told you this with alex, my ****ing witness told you this. And you did nothing but agree with people who did not see it. this post you just made to me, you just proved that you ****ed up. You did not listen, you was a lazy tard, only one you really gave a damm about was yourself. How you run a damm tournament and not give a **** about **** happening. In that case, the hell do we have rules for, lets just break them. They don't mean **** to you at all.

So consider your fat azz ended by me right now. And I don't care if any mod wants to bann me for this post. I have every right to be upset about this. if you wanna go ahead and bann me, might as well get at DMbrandon cause we both feel the same way. Same with others. I dont wanna hear anyones BS on this. What happened to me was not fair at all.

The only ****ing reason I did not go emo and beat the hell out of you right there on the spot was cause I had a talk with alex, after that talk I decided to say "**** it, I am that damm peach and gonna prove all you damm losers too. **** snake and meta, punk azz characters, i'll have Peach end them both" I did my thing in pools. No one 2-0 me in pools besides the spammer. first time I was actually playing the way I know I can play with Peach, and ****ing hacked it at the tournament. And for that, I get ****ed over in tourny to make brackets and do well in a big tournament for the first time in my ****ing life. I was happy and everyone was impressed on how I was using Peach and kicking azz. I did what I had to, but got screwed over by your dumbazz. I beat some good players at this and rep her hardcore despite what happen.

So yea, you can kick rocks and a big azz **** you chibo. never again will i deal with a tournament dealing with you. And I am not the only one nether.

I went there and did my thing, so left happy. I showed wtf peach can really do, even against broken characters like meta and snake. **** them tards. Not gonna have your screw up take away my hard work at this tourny. Dark.Pch and Peach all day. 2nd best Peach main in the USA.**** you. Let it be known

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Dark.Pch you know what happened? They just were lazy, and with almost 300 contestants, they couldn't make special allowances for something they didn't see firsthand. I agree with everything you said, but in their situation I think they didn't have a choice. Especially since he just did it for a minute as you said. Just very hard to monitor with that many people.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
i sasw the match an cried.

One for being that prob the best peaech there was winning at points against a meta knight an 2.

On norfair an got camped last minute which seemed like it lasted forever.

No1 should lose like that, an with enough witnessess it should have been over ruled.

Plank lives on

thumbswayup

Smash Master

One for being that prob the best peaech there was winning at points against a meta knight an 2.

No1 should lose like that, an with enough witnessess it should have been over ruled.

Plank lives on
Norfair once again caused a weaker player to win. Do you morons not see this!?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
shoutouts updated on first page : )

also, imo, something needs to be done about planking very soon. Not that spam is a bad player, but he shouldn't be rewarded for winning like that. He can do that good w/o it. I think we need to start using this 70 ledge grab rule or something, i dont want to see this game deteriorate because of planking

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
no point in placing in a rule if its not going to be enforced.

and thumbs although I agree Norfair is horrible, brinstar is worse and rainbow cruise is the worst of the bunch and shouldnt be legal at all.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The game has already deteriorated as a result of planking. You guys are crazy. <3

It's gotten to the point where if certain characters are on the ledge, I walk to the other side and say, "Really, it's okay. I'm not going to attack you."

Some of those characters aren't even particularly threatening on the ledge, but I don't feel like falling asleep in the middle of a match. I like having fun while playing video games.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
also, imo, something needs to be done about planking very soon. Not that spam is a bad player, but he shouldn't be rewarded for winning like that. He can do that good w/o it. I think we need to start using this 70 ledge grab rule or something, i dont want to see this game deteriorate because of planking
I took two people to the timer. The first was Anther in R2 of our set. I was mad after R1 that the timer had been set to 7 minutes and not 8 and wanted to get revenge for losing to it. That being said, it should be obvious that I could have still camped SIGNIFICANTLY more on Delfino. R3 I won without the match going to the timer.

The second was Lain in R3 of our set. R1 I won on Yoshi's Island and lost on Smashville. I took the easy way out and took him to Norfair, though I really could have just run away more instead of grabbing the ledge or taken him to Delfino/Rainbow Cruise/Halberd/Battlefield and played gay w/o planking the ledge. I'm pretty sure I also had 2 stocks at the end of the match and he was at his last stock at high damage so the time limit didn't have as much to do with me winning as the way the stage is.

I also didn't ledgecamp to the point that someone suicidally threw himself off the stage and got gimped/took massive damage for it.

EDIT: Never mind, I was at my last stock against Lain with 40 seconds left in the timer. He was at high damage though

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch you know what happened? They just were lazy, and with almost 300 contestants, they couldn't make special allowances for something they didn't see firsthand. I agree with everything you said, but in their situation I think they didn't have a choice. Especially since he just did it for a minute as you said. Just very hard to monitor with that many people.
It is not about rushing for time of the tourny. My matches is about someone doing something illegal and gets away with it cause chibo just did not give a **** at all.

Seriously, someone give this man M2K's prize money. he just win this tournament.

lain

Smash Master
Actually I killed you when there was 40 seconds left. Timer was going so I just UPB'd off the stage lol.

good ****.

thumbswayup

Smash Master

and thumbs although I agree Norfair is horrible, brinstar is worse and rainbow cruise is the worst of the bunch and shouldnt be legal at all.
Yeah, those stages suck, but believe me Norfair is far worse. At least you can gimp the *** that CPs Rainbow Cruise and at least sometimes the lava on Brinstar will save you. But Norfair? SIX ledges for MK and other homo characters to choose to run to. Not to mention lava walls that are much easier for certain characters to avoid than others.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
There were too many awesome people and moments for me to do shout outs for everyone that deserves one, so I'm doing them this way:

To everyone I met this weekend: you're all awesome and amazing (yes I mean everyone, no exclusions) and I really look forward to seeing all of you again. I'm definitely travelling more for Smash now because of all the amazing people I got to hang out with this weekend <3

To Texas and the rest of the Southwest: We're **** and we showed it in strong force this weekend. Good representation from everyone and I'll see you all soon xD

This tournament was an amazing experience for me and the people at the tournament were what made it what it was. I'll remember this experience forever :D

Edit - Panda! Let me know when the audio is up somewhere! You've got this awesome radio-news-anchor-like voice and I want to hear what you guys were saying about some of my matches xD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, those stages suck, but believe me Norfair is far worse. At least you can gimp the *** that CPs Rainbow Cruise and at least sometimes the lava on Brinstar will save you. But Norfair? SIX ledges for MK and other homo characters to choose to run to. Not to mention lava walls that are much easier for certain characters to avoid than others.
That reminds me of a funny moment.

I was playing Vex's Dedede with Ivysaur on Norfair. I was about to get edgeguarded on the right side of the stage while I had 130%. Lava started coming from the right side. I managed to avoid the barrage of B-Air and got to the center platform. As I grabbed the ledge, THREE LAVA COLUMNS come from the back at almost the same time, pretty much engulfing the area that I was, pretty much destroying me.

Poor Ivysaur. As if the lava wall wasn't bad enough, XD.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That reminds me of a funny moment.

I was playing Vex's Dedede with Ivysaur on Norfair. I was about to get edgeguarded on the right side of the stage while I had 130%. Lava started coming from the right side. I managed to avoid the barrage of B-Air and got to the center platform. As I grabbed the ledge, THREE LAVA COLUMNS come from the back at almost the same time, pretty much engulfing the area that I was, pretty much destroying me.

Poor Ivysaur. As if the lava wall wasn't bad enough, XD.
LOL such a stupid stage.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Plank lives on
Yea orion knows I am better than he is. I freaking ended his Falco. I 2 stocked that **** when he tried to camp me and F-B to run away. so he decided to be a tool out of anger and do what he did.

I think people get mad cause when a character like Peach is beating them using high tiers, they dont wanna feel ashame by it. From what I seen, this game is proving it takes no skill to win cause of all the BS. How is a player that deserves to get ranked high and all gonna get ranked when weaker players do stupid **** like plank and just win it. WTF is this game comming too? The hell is the SBR doing, talking about **** they have no idea of?

melee is slowly gonna come back after all this BS. Watch, lets these tools keep at it. this game now takes no damm skill at all, cause all you have to do is this crap to beat people you dont even have the ability to at your current skill level.

Norfair once again caused a weaker player to win. Do you morons not see this!?
No, they don't and don't care cause:

1- it is not happening to them
2: they are big names like M2k and the rest who play meta and most likey do the same ****.

You know when they will get a clue, when every ****ing weak p[layer picks meta and starts to plank at tournaments. Then it will open thier damm eyes.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
But to be far, isn't planking only a good idea once that player takes the lead? The solution would be to not fall behind to them, and then they won't plank.

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
yea after thinking about it Norfair is worse than Brinstar. Although I still believe that Rainbow Cruise is still the worst and goes against everything that makes a level competitivly playable.

I have no respect for players that brings people to these types of maps. Your basically saying that You cant beat them on a fair and completly playable level but have to resort to a level that interferes with skill. Hell might as well turn on items then.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Canada is feeling very reluctant to even attend any more US tournaments. Everytime we've come down there has been nothing but fail for the most part. Would you guys be willing to give Canada a shot at running a national tournament? I have an amazing venue with a bar in it right on the beach, and everything is always well organized ;)

ECRC Final? j/k

My most important shoutout will go to DMBrandon, for telling Chibo what's right. I don't really care if you disrespect me for the actions I made during the chaos that occured at this tournament. Because it seemed to me that the actions myself, DMbrandon and others made were heavily agreed on by everyone else in the venue. Re hooking up the projector and telling you and security to **** off and call the cops on me was the funnest thing I could've done. Why? Obviously they were empty threats.

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
yea after thinking about it Norfair is worse than Brinstar. Although I still believe that Rainbow Cruise is still the worst and goes against everything that makes a level competitivly playable.

I have no respect for players that brings people to these types of maps. Your basically saying that You cant beat them on a fair and completly playable level but have to resort to a level that interferes with skill. Hell might as well turn on items then.
Thats also why I only play friendlies on Neutrals and sometimes Delfino/Halbred/Lylat.

EDIT: oops I meant to edit not quote sorry lol

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Actually I killed you when there was 40 seconds left. Timer was going so I just UPB'd off the stage lol.

good ****.
:bee: See, he doesn't even mind :).

Thanks =D

Anyways, it doesn't matter much to me what's done about planking; I had decided to quit Brawl singles well before this tournament and I'm going to. I have literally no incentive to play this boring game especially after what happened against Ally on Smashville.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Not to mention lava walls that are much easier for certain characters to avoid than others.
Really? I wasn't aware certain characters couldn't press the shield button.

It was really disapointing how many EC players johned constantly :(.

Seriously, step it up EC. You don't see me johning for Texas players lol(not that I need to).

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Planking is stupid. And doesnt require skill. Here in Puerto Rico we have the same rule genesis will have: 5 ledge grabs and if he/she grabs again u lose the stock if u dont touch ground. Maybe it should be a standard rule everywhere.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
No, they don't and don't care cause:

1- it is not happening to them
2: they are big names like M2k and the rest who play meta and most likey do the same ****.

You know when they will get a clue, when every ****ing weak p[layer picks meta and starts to plank at tournaments. Then it will open thier damm eyes.

LMAO so true. I'm gonna laugh my *** off when it happens to. ****ing campers

**** ****ing straight. I'm cool with CPs like Halberd or Delfino (even though I hate that stage) because they are legit. But ****ing stages that move and give HUGE advantages to characters with multiple jumps? BS

AquaTech

We hit the potjack

Seriously, step it up EC. You don't see me johning for Texas players lol(not that I need to).
What? You're really gonna chastise a whole coast because a few people whined?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
While I have nothing against you, that's a bit harsh for anyone to say. What did you place in Singles, again?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
@ Fastlikeme- But shouldn't u at least be allowed to fight them head-on? Instead of them planking ur face and not letting u do anything? If I fall behind I should be able to make a comeback without them stupidly planking me. >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Seriously...this is a joke post right. you not be saying this if you went through the BS the others did. people only talk like this when they don't go through what others did. you have no clue at all, so please don't even get at the EC for what happend. We have a right to be upset. And EC>WC, so done.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm going to have more tricks next time. I've already found some new things, and I'm going to blow your **** minds.
I'm gonna being bringing crzy tricks at Apex, so get ready. IT's stuff people have never seen. We need to MM at Brawl 'Til you fall.(I'm not entering )

Top Bottom