• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Clash of the Titans 4 Results Thread

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I may do shoutouts sometime. I met too many people, and I feel like I'd forget a bunch of them, so I don't wanna do 'em right now. But I have two pieces of awesome news for ya'll.

First, thanks to Infi-tan, I have the audio commentary! Yep, all of it was indeed recorded, and we're lucky enough to get it. I'll see what I can do with the files. I may see if MLG will host them or something, so we can let people download it in case they want to remember the stuff that happened, or catch what they missed.

Second, I talked to Rofa and Charlie (the two guys that were filming the documentary) and we're gonna see if we can upload the "riot" onto Youtube sometime soon! Yeah, everyone can see what really happened for themselves. It helps that the entire riot started while DKSmash was talking to the camera, and the Money Back dance was fully recorded, too. I have no idea when it will be online, but I'll try to get Rofa to do it ASAP, once he's not as busy.

HAT

Smash Ace
i'm gonna claim this position on 3rd page while i still can

and also, the first thing i want to say is..

even though i was kinda upset when i heard DK smash started makin everybody chant, it was completely reasonable. the contract set up by the text seen on the COT4 thread was a guarantee for a tournament to happen at.. whatever the reasonable time it was. the guarantee means that if something goes wrong, people do have the right to ask for their money back. also, the massive amount of bull**** that happened, including ****ed up seeding, bad pools, ****ed regional placement, stupid DQs, and more, should have been enough reasoning for money back to happen.

not being prepared for a large-scale tournament when one hosts a large-scale tournament is no john. when there's too many people, a good host realistically should sacrifice whatever can be sacrificed in order to get things started on time. as an example, instead of accidentally terribly seeding each and every anything, how about **** gets randomized and then critiqued a bit so that **** can get started. i've done this a thousand times, and it makes for quick bracket and pool creation, and minimal complaints.

if over 200 people were expected, and less than 300 people showed up, there is absolutely nothing to be said about an unfair turnout. one of the biggest tournaments in smash history? hah. okay, that's reasonable. but even with that knowledge, this was still the most poorly constructed waste of my time and money i've ever even been able to imagine.

another thing: all the bull**** that happened with counterpicks and dumb playstyles that I heard about-- i'm really, really disappointed in where the community's going with brawl. yeah, sure, it's a game, but it's a game that involves honor, respect, and money. a **** ton of money. so as far as that **** goes, if it doesn't stop, i have a feeling the community will fall apart altogether.

ANYWAY, regardless of what anyone else has to say, i think the newyorkers have put it the most eloquently. if anyone wants an accurate, detailed, and pissed off description of how the tournament went, read dark peach's post in this thread or read Wes' post in the original thread.

i didn't say anything at the tournament, chibo, because i didn't think it could get worse at that point, but i guess i'll say it now that you're hating on my boy. in order for anything resembling a riot to occur, there has to be people that are angry and want to vent. DK smash didn't do anything to incite a riot, he just let people realize what they wanted to do- complain: loud and clear. is it childish to start a riot? not at all, not when a couple hours car ride, gas money, toll money, time, effort, and stress has all gone into a tournament that was about as well run as a first-timer's biweekly.

chibo, i don't have any problems with you before, but i can't have any respect for you until you admit that you ****ed up.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
*shoutouts later*

I should have placed either 2nd/3rd/or 4th in this tourney.
I was playing ally and we were 1 and 1. On the third game, some guy trips on the power cord while Ally has a lead, so it has to be restarted with the exact stocks and percents which GREATLY affects my aura. My fair and nair are too strong to do actual combos with and it ends up being a disaster. I can't play Lucario like that effectively, but it was very disappointing. When i fought Spam in the next game I had the lead the whole entire match and then just sd'ed out of literally just being sick of the game. I didn't even want to play a non top tier character anymore so i switched to snake which was of course not a good decision but i was just tired of getting screwed over with Lucario. I'm pretty certain i would have won vs Spam if i stayed Lucario, but after the Tournament getting all screwed up and my stupid set with Ally I just didn't want to play the game anymore. Sorry, it was just a lot of bull.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No Low Tier Singles and no regional crews made me upset.

AL/GA would've been sweet, playing as "Suck It, Trebek".

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Mew2King, how does it feel to finally not get ripped off at a tourney?

Steel2nd- sorry but you have no clue how i'm calculating everything, thanks though, but i need each player specfically, (yes all 200 something of them)

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
at least we ***** teams lol
That we did. lol. I think we lost like one teams match? Then 4stocked them the next match haha. Lucario and Mk are the sex.

*Another reason i didn't try more vs spam was bc i thought 4th and 5th got the same payout anyway. I think it all just fell apart at the end lol.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ya during the first half of the day i continuously had like between 2:1 and 5:1 damage ratios and stock holding LOL. I just take one of the two people and **** them, while occasionally helping you from dying/gimped at random good times. And we 4 stocked them the next two games after losing one close one.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
65: thumbswayup - I don't like you at all. Leave **** in-game, once you take it out of game on MY CREW I will do the same on you. And you will not enjoy it.
It's ok, no one likes you either. It's also a good idea to speak as though you know what you're talking about so people can respond to you and destroy whatever pathetic point you are trying to make.

In other words stfu

Shoutouts:

Izumi- Good **** in teams!!! lol we ***** our pool so hard. And the match vs Slikvik and D1 was just hilarious at the same time it was gay haha <3

Dmbrandon- Awesome set we had, a lot closer than I thought it would be. You're definitely the weirdest Metaknight I've played. Doing **** I've never seen before lol. But what are the odds that after all the **** talk we did we'd fight first round in brackets lmao

Slikvik&D1- Sorry that Izumi gayed your D3 like that D1 LOL I couldn't stop laughing because of Slik's reaction, he's just too funny. Close games still, better be Melee next time lol

Hylian&OBM- Good stuff in teams guys. Double GW is homo though. I had fun Diddy ditto mming you Hylian.

Dazwa- What are the odds we'd play each other lol awesome matches though.

NinjaLink- Good job ****** our entire pool. Diddy dittos were fun. Your ROB is gay.

JC- GOOD **** 2-0ing ALLY AND SEIBRIK with Keitaro!! We both got first seed in pools, MD/VA!

Korn&Boss- Good **** in teams, you should have beaten Inui and Atomsk. Sova Baby!

EE- Stupid Baby!

Hat&Neo- Great playing you guys. Amazing team work you had. I also loved that there was no argument about playing all neutrals LOL that's how it should be

Cactuar- fun Melee friendlies, finally got to play your Fox. Stop perfectly avoiding my tech chasing lol

Scar- good seeing you again, gotta get some more friendlies in next time

DkSmash & Turbo- HAHA you guys are awesome for going all pokemon in tourny. I hope you CP'd Pokemon Stadium everytime like I suggested lmao

Kage- finally got to play your Ganon, and it ***** me lol good stuff

Good **** to all of MD/VA at this tourny. Could of gone better for us, but we all still did well.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Lol

broken arrow(7th in teams)

and

we are pretty angryz(13th in teams)

were both in my pool. top 2 out only? That was really tough. We took a game off each of 'em though.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i guess its time for some shoutoutz

dmbrandon/shadow- honestly....i was suprised we beat you in teams LOL good **** though
jash/samuripanda- i most def. underestimated you guys...you guys are extremely good ^_^

ally-epic MM haha...you were the only snake that beat me at this tourny....gotta step it up for you ^_^
ksizzle- 1/1 in MM's haha...nice mk...we'll def do another 1 whenever wer at sm tourny again
santi- your TL is wayyyyyy to sexy...at first i have no idea what to do b/c the TL i play is that srub lobos(lmao jk lobo <3)...good **** dude
ambrose- you make me hate IC with a passion haha
dire-real close sets dude...you scared me ****less haha
king ace- i got to inuis the sm time you did...and the first thing we did was MM was right off the bat haha....sexy mk
dmbrandon- your a real piece of ****! that is all
YES!/cowtipper- nice snake dude....you almost had santi =\.....falcon/snake/wolf dittos were epic!
Castor- your the only wolf thats giving me a run for my money.....you got alot of potential dude just keep it up ^_^
andy G- your oli is wayyyy to good...whhaaat?even though i wasnt suppose to play you at the time... i would never ask you to re-do the set....you beat me far and square

idc what every1 else says....this tourny was fun as **** and i was glad i was there ^_^

dmbrandon

Smash Master
im sorry but i consider joining in on chanting money back or possibly as dksmash started saying **** chibo an incredible sign of disrespect to myself and everyone that helped run the tournament. i appreciate your apology... but seriously... think before you act.
Why does HE need to apologize?
I didn't want to name anyone, but I agree with your post.

Some of the main people that especially caused problems were:

NikoK, dmbrandon, Atomsk, and most importantly...
DKSmash.

I have lost all respect for these 4 smashers (among some others), but no amount of text on a forum can describe my hate for DKSmash right now.
**** you, idiotmouth. Why did I help? Why/

Let's tell everyone how you SPECIFICALLY came to me and our conversation went:

Chibo: Hey, are you in singles?
Awesome guy dmbrandon: no, I got beat by jash
Chibo: Then you have to get the **** out, we're closing up for non tournament players.
me: who the **** do you think you're talking to, Fred Flintstone? Don't you curse at me, you disgusting idiot. I'll leave if you refund my venue fee. I don't want to miss out on some of the best matches to ever be played.
Chibo: (Gets in diem's face) get the **** out now, or I'll call security
Me: You're begging for a headbutt, guy. Back the hell up. Go get security. We're not moving.

I was joined by a bunch of smashers after that.

This is the world series to us. And everyone would have had fun, if you didn't want your name plastered over everything. You're an ego maniacal mess. You were offered help before the event by over 20 people and every time you'd respond with: "You're not running this, I am. I'm doing the brackets and pools alone, and then maybe you can check them"

And look, not only did you take 6 hours making DOUBLES, but you stuck your **** in a deli slicer when actually seeding. (Metaphorically, speaking. You'd never purposely try and make that thing SMALLER. ****, you can't even see it now.)

You left Norfai and japes on because your crew likes them, despite the community banning them.

You think you're better than everyone. And it's a **** shame. You're like a terminal cancer patient training for the 2012 olympics. It's just stupid, and while we might appease your silly bull****, we all know you're going to disappear.

Please leave, you're hated.

Everyone who wasn't there, you don't understand. Please stop commenting.

To everyone who did come, we've planned the next two events, ad they're promised to be AMAZING!!!!!!! No more **** ups, I'll bet my superknight on it! :D

fkacyan

Smash Hero
49: Sethlon - ALMOST LOST TO CYAN XDDDDDDDD
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

lol nah, I can't get mad cuz you're like the only reason I ate when I was at that tourney xD

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
so much drama for no reason

all we need is more set ups next time

next time everyone bring a bunch of set ups!!!!

edit - and wow guys, you want your money back?

I worked hard to get far and earn the money I'm making, so you expect after getting that far you all want to take more money from me. I've already had thousands cheated out of me, I deserve every bit that I make. No one is getting money back, I finally made a lot (2300) far more than any other tourney I've been to, and I'm keeping it because I deserved it. I'm sorry you didn't get to see the matches as they were happening but that's not in my control. Getting money back? No way.

Also DK smash is one of the coolest and funniest guys I've ever met, but if Chibo's right about him starting the chant then that's pretty gay :(

Another thing I would like to add is for future reference, the more people that help out with pools and brackets the better. Even though you don't like Inui, I think you should let him help you next time if he offers it.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
rerolling another character for tourney. I hate being gayed by metaknight. I'm glad I made it out of pools with DK, but for next time...

UltimoDragon, no, Africa...is coming for the top. So watch out fellas. Grats to everyone who participated.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yo, when you guys mentioned a Brawler named "Pride", does he main a Pink Yoshi, or was this some completely different person?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
rerolling another character for tourney. I hate being gayed by metaknight. I'm glad I made it out of pools with DK, but for next time...

UltimoDragon, no, Africa...is coming for the top. So watch out fellas. Grats to everyone who participated.
Rerolling?

We're not playing Warcraft here, buddy. xD

MarikYoshi said:
Yo, when you guys mentioned a Brawler named "Pride", does he main a Pink Yoshi, or was this some completely different person?
It was PRiDE, but he quit after this tourney.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ok first off I would like to say Chibo. You can kick rocks and never again I will go to a tournament you freaking hold. You azz was not legit and lazy. The match I got CHEATED out of and has many people who say it, you just go on and say that you allow it. Like wtf? You even agreed with people who did not see the match. Thanks to your lil BS, I got cheated into making the brackets. That cheated win cost me getting into the brackets. I tied third place in my pool with umbra and I was told that out of me and him whoever won out fight gets out. He beat me 2 one. But then later on I also heard that people still made it out of thier pools in cases like this. or 4 people even made it into brackets. And that people even got byes? How the hell you get byes from pools in brackets. I wanna hear this ****. Even mew2king agreed what happen to me was pull and I should have got my win thus be in brackets.
I read this and some of it didn't make any sense to me. You are right about the planking match (the player "planked" against you, right?), technically by the rules you did get cheated, but many people (including myself) have been saying that the "no planking" rule is stupid simply because it isn't very enforceable. Guess what happened? It was difficult to enforce. You can make a rule saying no one is allowed to press the B button - good luck enforcing it in a tournament of 300 people. So, yes, if there were witnesses, then it should have been handled, but you should also recognize how the EC's willingness to put rules in their rulesets that aren't actually easy to enforce isn't Chibo's fault, its the whole EC's fault for thinking you can make non-discrete wording and non-enforcable rules. Someone (I think maybe it was Edreese) once suggested that the rule against "No planking" should be rewritten to "No one may grab the edge more than x times in a match", the number he suggested was 70, a number apparently borrowed from Japanese rule sets. This means enforcing planking would be easy - you simply check the "edge grab" statistic at the end of the game and if its over 70 then the opponent gets an automatic win. So, you got cheated, but the rule itself is poorly structured and ALL EC TO'S who commonly knew the rule was poorly structured but kept putting it in their rulesets (and pertetuating the usage of a poorly structured rule so much that if Chibo did not have a "no planking" rule, people would ***** and moan about it) and telling people that it was easily enforceable are to blame, not just Chibo.

Next point regards byes: Chibo announced top 3 make it out of round 1 pools. At the time it was not determined whether it would be another round of pools or a straight bracket. The choice was made to have a straight bracket in hopes of getting the tournament completed by 10pm. That means with 32 pools and 3 people getting out of pools that you have 96 people in a bracket. There is no such thing as a 96 person bracket, so you have to use a 128 person bracket format. That means that 32 people will receive a bye in winner's round 1, and therefor the byes were given to the 1st seeds. This makes sense.

Regarding 4 people making it out of some pools: I can not think of a single case of this occurring. Feel free to bring up a specific example though. I do know Samurai Panda wanted to get into the bracket despite being a 4 seed because 1 player who received a seed had left the tournament. Samurai Panda was denied this from occurring because no 4 seeds were being allowed into the bracket.

Regarding tie breakers: many people have critiqued Chibo for not getting enough help. However, the irony is that one of the areas where he did receive help was in people writing on each pool the 1-3rd seeds and trusting the people in the pools with the capability (along with trusting some of his own helpers when questions arose) to actually figure out who advanced and who didn't. The people who advanced were written 1-3 in a book (not written down directly by Chibo for the most part I believe) and then Chibo took the book and the information written by other people to make the bracket. On the one hand people have criticized Chibo for trying to do to much by himself, but on the other hand in one area where he relied on others mistakes in seeding were made. I would bring up the pool of Xzax and D1. Initially D1 was written down (by who I do not know) as being the 1 seed and Xzax being the 2 seed. Xzax brought it to my attention that he should be the 1 seed because both him and D1 were 6-1 in the pool and Xzax defeated D1. Xzax was right, he should have been the 1 seed, and I brought it to Chibo's attention and the correction was made. All it took to get these corrections made was attention on the players part of their own status within their pool. It also took people in the pool to have some common sense. In the case of Xzax, whoever did the pool thought D1 got the 1 seed because his game win-loss ratio was 12-2, while Xzax was 10-4. However, game win-loss ratio's only come into play when their is a three way set win tie, not a two way tie (as the case of D1/Xzax). Whoever did the tie breaker made a miistake that was likely made in less than a handful of other cases (but still made in probably a couple other pools). You did not get cheated out of making it from pools because of tie breakers or anything, in fact, it was other people who may have been cheated by improper seeds/not making it out because the people in the pool/helpers did not properly know how to do tie breakers. You should tell these people to be mad, but you yourself should not be upset because your pool was actually SEEDED PROPERLY. You should still be pissed about the unenforced "no planking" rule though.

---(stuff not pertaining directly with Dark Peach's post)

Regarding money back: you guys have to be kidding. If you were already eliminated from the tournament then you don't get your money back. Lets look at things:
Tournament venue fee: Venue fee for being allowed to be in the venue for the announced times. Announced time on Sunday ended at 10pm. That is it. It has nothing to do with being able to watch the finals or something.

Tournament entry fee for singles: your fee for being allowed to enter the singles tournament.

Tournament entry fee for doubles: your fee for being allowed to enter the doubles tournament.

Tournament entry fee for crews: this fee was never collected and this tournament did not occur. How can you demand back a fee for something you didn't even pay?

Tournament entry fee for low tiers: this fee was never collected and this tournament did not occur. How can you demand back a fee for something you didn't even pay?

So, if you were in the venue all weekend and were properly eliminated from both singles and doubles, as 98% (or more) of the people were then you have no right to demand your money back. If, at 10pm, you were still in the tournament and could not move to the next location to complete the tournament (basically you would have to be 1 of about 13 people still left in the tournament), then you should have had the right to request your money back because you had not yet been eliminated but were forced to forfiet matches because of how the tournament ran. To my knowledge every person in the brackets actually completed their matches with the exception of Anti.

Its common sense. I'd bet most of the people complaining about money back spent more time at this tournament playing friendlies than at any regular national tournament in Brawl or Melee's history. I would also bet they were eliminated fairly. While this may not be the case for 100% of attendees (see Dark Peach not having "no planking" enforced) it is for the vast vast majority of 280 or so people. Last I checked there was nothing in the ruleset that guaranteed everyone would have a peachy time at the tournament and go home happy - and this seems to be what people want their money back for. You were not promised a peachy time though, you were promised entry to a venue and entry to a tournament. You got both. I wasn't a happy camper at the end of the tournament because I played poorly at the end of the day. Should I get my money because because I was unhappy about how I played? By some of the logic I've seen, yes, I should. However, I'm not a whiny ******* and I'm not gonna steal money from M2K because I played badly or whatever other john people are making.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
A couple shoutouts

Dark.Pch & Famous - i still don't know how me and Mav beat u guys in teams, especially in that 2nd match. s**t was crazy. and sorry u got screwed outta singles DP, i was there watchin the match and i can agree that s**t shouldn't be allowed

Ally - never got to do that Falcon ditto MM haha. it was fun watchin u **** everyone and takin their money tho, i'm always learning somethin new just from watchin u play

Sethlon - what can i say. i got *****. going G&W the first match was the stupidest s**t i ever done in a tournament, i don't have nowhere near enough experience with him to use him in a tourney

Big Lou - TOO GOOD. the first time i ever got my a** handed to me by Luigi. shoryukens left and right, i didn't stand a chance

AndyG - we'll play for realz next time...

Riddler - those random dittos were fun as hell

Dazwa - close set we had. CPing D3 against my Snake was kinda mean lol. so i had to camp grenades like a little b**ch to avoid gettin grabbed

Vist - another awesome Luigi player. good thing i was already warmed up from playin Big Lou or you probably wouldve beaten me as badly as he did. VERRRYYY close set...i had to take a long break after i won that last match lol

Random Ike Guy - too good.

Camalange & ithrowthings - nice finally meetin u guys in person. Mav told me all about u from the pittsburgh tourney. good s**t ****** everyone on the live stream Cam, and welcome to the crew guys

Gunblade - hands down the best dressed dude there lol

Rookie - sorry we never got that MM in dawg...if i see u again we def gotta play

Ultimodragon - thanks again for housin me...and sorry about leavin my greyhound tickets in ur apartment lol

.com - funny as hell...i know ur throat had to be hurtin at the end of it all

KayLo - good to see that females can kick some a** too

TUSM - good s**t placing 33rd, keep it up

Xzax - i swear if u don't leave me alone about what my hoody said...lmfao it ain't "White***" its "WhiteTAG," son

Rocann

Smash Lord
Chibo: Then you have to get the **** out, we're closing up for non tournament players.
me: who the **** do you think you're talking to, Fred Flintstone? Don't you curse at me, you disgusting idiot. I'll leave if you refund my venue fee. I don't want to miss out on some of the best matches to ever be played.
Me: You're begging for a headbutt, guy. Back the hell up. Go get security. We're not moving.
wow, chibo, if that's true, that's effed... I mean I understand if you just have to lessen the amount of people in the room, but like diem has always been cool to all of us and helped me when I needed it and even though you two might not like each other, he still would've given everything he had to help the tournament if you asked, and that's more than a lot of people would do. use discretion when you get "power" instead of just being silly with it

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Shoutouts

DK Smash: I don't care what anyone says I agree 100% with you, they should've anticipated the turnout, and it's not just the fact that we were kicked out, it's HOW they did it, being such douches about it. The people at home got to find out who won before we did, but we drove all the way up there and paid? **** that, don't be ashamed of anything. If people can't handle a small non-violent "riot", I'd love to see them at a Capcom fighting game tournament XD

HAT: Awesome team matches, I loved watching them, fully charged smash ROFL

Turbogilman: It was so fun chillin with you and DK, you definitely lost to some garbage. Ah well, keep that MD/VA spirit

Korn: You ***** hard in teams, vids now :)

NEO: Thanks for the advice, I'll do my best to improve

Yoster: I appreciate the ride, I know how much of a hassle it can be since I usually drive myself.

Boss: Malcolm would've won the low tier tournament :)

CK: Good matches vs your Snake, Marth dittos at Katsu?

EE: LOL I thought I was gonna owe you a dollar, you love betting against MD/VA XD

Inui: Thanks for the housing, it was definitely worth it.

K9: Lol....our team sucks, apparently it's my fault? That's fine, not arguing there.

Maybe edited later, I just woke up

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok first off I would like to say Chibo. You can kick rocks and never again I will go to a tournament you freaking hold. You azz was not legit and lazy. The match I got CHEATED out of and has many people who say it, you just go on and say that you allow it. Like wtf? You even agreed with people who did not see the match. Thanks to your lil BS, I got cheated into making the brackets. That cheated win cost me getting into the brackets. I tied third place in my pool with umbra and I was told that out of me and him whoever won out fight gets out. He beat me 2 one. But then later on I also heard that people still made it out of thier pools in cases like this. or 4 people even made it into brackets. And that people even got byes? How the hell you get byes from pools in brackets. I wanna hear this ****. Even mew2king agreed what happen to me was pull and I should have got my win thus be in brackets.
There was no situation in that 4 people made it out of a pool, especially with the case of Samurai Panda which I feel was a worse situation than yours. All of the top seeds got byes because 96 people were advanced. I can't let one person in to take a bye as then I would have to let all 4th seeds, which would have made the tournament go atleast an extra 2 hours or so. Umbra is just a campy player. I've lot a set to him in the past, he did the same thing to me but on Halberd. But from what I heard, he just sorta camped the ledges for 1 minute. 1. one minute isnt terrible. there had to have been something you can do. 2. i did not see the match, nor did anyone else helping me out with stuff (Panda, AZ, other ToS), and they all agree with the ruling. 3. The only mentioning of camping in the rules is: "# No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)" So at this point we need to determine if the time it was done for (1 minute, but even still were not 100% sure if that was the time in question) is justifiable. It's not multiple minutes as the rule said, and after 7 minutes of fighting already, one minute doesn't seem destructive.

First, thanks to Infi-tan, I have the audio commentary! Yep, all of it was indeed recorded, and we're lucky enough to get it. I'll see what I can do with the files. I may see if MLG will host them or something, so we can let people download it in case they want to remember the stuff that happened, or catch what they missed.

Second, I talked to Rofa and Charlie (the two guys that were filming the documentary) and we're gonna see if we can upload the "riot" onto Youtube sometime soon! Yeah, everyone can see what really happened for themselves. It helps that the entire riot started while DKSmash was talking to the camera, and the Money Back dance was fully recorded, too. I have no idea when it will be online, but I'll try to get Rofa to do it ASAP, once he's not as busy.
If you want send me the audio (I already have a lil bit of it) and il upload a version of the vids with the commentary on it)

As for the videos on YouTube, there is some of it I don't want online. Please allow me to somehow view it before it goes public.

Let's tell everyone how you SPECIFICALLY came to me and our conversation went:

I never cursed out anyone off the bat like that guaranteed. This is not how the conversation went.

This is the world series to us. And everyone would have had fun, if you didn't want your name plastered over everything. You're an ego maniacal mess. You were offered help before the event by over 20 people and every time you'd respond with: "You're not running this, I am. I'm doing the brackets and pools alone, and then maybe you can check them"

And look, not only did you take 6 hours making DOUBLES, but you stuck your **** in a deli slicer when actually seeding. (Metaphorically, speaking. You'd never purposely try and make that thing SMALLER. ****, you can't even see it now.)
What mature stuff to say...
Would people drop the whole refusing help deal? I think it's clear from everything I said on the first post here and what I've been telling people that I certainly did have help and accept it. The only time I ever said something along the lines of Your not running this, I am was on the boards before the tournament when all of a sudden everyone started discussing who was running and doing stuff when no one even mentioned my name despite being the TO.

You left Norfai and japes on because your crew likes them, despite the community banning them.
I don't leave them on because my crew likes them. I left them on because I tested them at biweeklies for months with no problems. I then looked at the rules for other big tournies coming up and found them on the list.
How about all the hype WHOBO is getting and with people like Inui from Jersey going to that. They have Norfair and Japes on, and even other ones that weren't allowed at my tourneys.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
wait dark.pch were you talking about our set or you vs. orion on norfair? I thought it was the latter

either way i wasn't really trying to run the timer out, I just wanted you to give me some turnips to use :p

sry i play gay :( i was freaking out your peach is soooo gooood

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
when they were screaming money back, i assumed they were talking about venue fee. I mean, we wouldnt logically expect to get back singles entry also. its dumb to assume we thought that way

Top Bottom