• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW and Official Ray (Custom Robo series) Support Thread (not just Ray 01)

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
I liked the game, the most thing that i hated about it was the story, "trash" isn't enough to describe it.
The Ds story? Should I finish the ds game, I didn't like it so i stopped, but tell me if i should. Well, I know the gamecube story was great.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
while being one of the less successful Nintendo series.Custom Robo Arena is a good game, yet it lacks the kind of attention that other DS titles enjoy.

The story is awful. This is where the game kinda fails at.

At the other hand, the battles are quiet amazing for the DS. seeing them run at a smooth frame rate on the DS without slowdown is amazing. And customizing your Robo on the Garage menu, where you can pose your Robo just like an actual figurine, is just sweet.

Let's face it - no matter how good this game might be, it still won't sell well due to the fact that it is an "unknown" series...Maybe if it get represented in Brawl will hopefully change this.
me from before.

the story...ughhh....don't remind me of the breakfast - dinner time....:mad::mad::mad:

storywise, don't complete it, i finished it for the gameplay and the robos.

cityofgarbage

Smash Rookie
i was a huge supporter of custom robo representation ...until a played a game. i thought arena was pretty shallow and all together ...boring. but i do know that a lot of other people enjoyed it and between that and all of the games in series, i think ray would be a nice addition.

parrothead

Smash Lord
me from before.

the story...ughhh....don't remind me of the breakfast - dinner time....:mad::mad::mad:

storywise, don't complete it, i finished it for the gameplay and the robos.
I played through Custom Robo GX, and its plot doesn't look as bad as Custom Robo Arena's. One part I remembered was when you go inside of this creepy mansion, get locked up with someone you remember seeing in some tournaments, get saved by that fat kid who also appeared in Arena with a pet bird who first appeared in the first Custom Robo, then enter Ray Sky's Japanese name as his password in some computer room to obtain Ray Sky while trying to escape the mansion, then get saved by their police officer friend. That's one part of GX's plot I could remember, but I don't want to tell more about GX's plot. I wish that someone would translate the other two Custom Robo titles along with GX. Their plots could be better than Battle Revolution's and Arena's plots. I believe BR is more popular than every other Custom Robo title, because most Americans started with it, while it is less childish. It's like if children of today started watching the 2003 TMNT before watching the 1987 TMNT, they would probably say the 2003 TMNT is better because the 1987 version is more childish and has less action and violence than the 2003 version. Speaking of the TMNT, some Ray models look similar to the Shredder.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
i was a huge supporter of custom robo representation ...until a played a game. i thought arena was pretty shallow and all together ...boring. but i do know that a lot of other people enjoyed it and between that and all of the games in series, i think ray would be a nice addition.

You DAM* STRAIGHT!!!

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think they should do for Ray's bombs and pods if he makes it into brawl?
Would they make them have slow homing capabilities for both of them?
Would they make the pods roam around the stage randomly and explode on contact with enemies and when the time is up? I don't like this idea though since it wouldn't be reliable.

I would like the bombs to home into the person's general area at an ok speed, faster than Samus's homing missles by a bit. For the pods, if anyone remembers the speed pods, those would be great, fast and useful. B is for his gun, up b probably the charge move going up or rocket boost.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
I like Ray 01 the best but it's likely to be Ray MKIII since Sakurai semes to be putting characters that appear in the latest game in the series:

Like Link has the appearance from twillight princess or MOTHER characters and stages are all from MOTHER3

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
I like Ray 01 the best but it's likely to be Ray MKIII since Sakurai semes to be putting characters that appear in the latest game in the series:

Like Link has the appearance from twillight princess or MOTHER characters and stages are all from MOTHER3
This is not always the case, Sakurai used the PoR version of Ike, not the RD Ike. I don't know why, but RD would of been out for a few months before brawl comes out. So it doesn't mean that Raymk lll will be getting the spot for sure.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
This is not always the case, Sakurai used the PoR version of Ike, not the RD Ike. I don't know why, but RD would of been out for a few months before brawl comes out. So it doesn't mean that Raymk lll will be getting the spot for sure.
Hopefully Sakurai goes with the Ray Mk III.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
simple, Ike is ugly in RD .
Ikes not ugly ol. He is teh hotness and pwnage. Sakurai even used the ranger costume of Ike along with Ragnell, but in PoR, he got his Lord outfit then recieved Ragnell later on. But who says that Ike can't change his clothes right? But yea, I hope Ray01 gets in Brawl.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Hopefully Sakurai goes with the Ray Mk III.
Most Europeans and Australians would go with either Ray Mk II or Ray Mk III, because Custom Robo Arena is the only Custom Robo title released in Europe and Australia. Also, Ray Mk II and Ray Mk III play major roles in Custom Robo Arena's plot. Ray 01 is also in Custom Robo Arena as well, but he doesn't play a major role in it. He is obtained in the bunker or whatever you call that underground place full of illegal parts and robos. I know Ray 01 isn't an illegal robo, but that underground place is where he is found.

Ray Mk II might enter before Ray 01, not only because he played a major role in Custom Robo Arena, but there is a special robo found in Battle Revolution called Ray Legend, which is a robo based on and dedicated to Ray Mk II or perhaps the original Ray.

Ray Legend

The original Ray

AND

The original Ray Mk II

Adding Ray 01 instead of either the original Ray or Ray Mk II would be just like adding Sigurd, Lyn, Hector and/or Eliwood instead of Marth.

Ray is beautiful.
Could you be a little more specific?

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

Adding Ray 01 instead of any other Ray model is just like adding Mega Man X instead of the original Mega Man. People think that Ray 01 and Mega Man X look "kewler" than the other Rays and the original Mega Man.

GenG

Smash Lord
That simile is pure bull**** since most characters have their most recent appareance.

Also, classic Megaman is a sort of official look for Megaman while Ray change in each game.

parrothead

Smash Lord
That simile is pure bull**** since most characters have their most recent appareance.

Also, classic Megaman is a sort of official look for Megaman while Ray change in each game.
Well how 'bout this:

Adding Ray 01 instead of the original Ray, Ray Mk II or Ray Mk III, is just like adding:

Ultraman Nexus

Instead of the newest Ultraman, Ultraman Mebius

Or the original Ultraman

If that simile isn't good enough either, then how about this:

Adding Ray 01 instead of the original Ray, Ray Mk II or Ray Mk III, is just like adding:

The Bomberman from Bomberman: Act Zero

Instead of the original Bomberman, which is the most widely used version.

Neither Ray model is equal. Just like the many Ultramen. Ray 01 isn't the newest of all Ray models, Ray Mk III is.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I prefer Ray 01 the most, just because he looks the coolest out of all them IMO. However, I wouldn't mind MK III or the GX version getting in.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
It was released in February in Japan, so I don't see the problem with using the RD version. I personally would have preferred that costume.

parrothead

Smash Lord
BR is better because it doesn't seem a low budget game. It has a great soundtrack, great design, great graphics, great plot, good characters and introduced new features (transformables, new models).
In your opinion that is, but check out these ratings for:

Custom Robo: Battle Revolution

And compare them to these ratings for:

Custom Robo Arena

X-Play gave Battle Revolution a 3 out of 5, while they gave Arena a 4 out of 5.

And while Custom Robo Arena was released in more regions than every other Custom Robo title, this will truly increase this Ray's chance at entering SSBB.

Zorya

Smash Ace
This is Ralph, I made a Ray Mk III support sig, I didn't add the name, but you all can if you want to.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Did you make that image?
No, I found it HERE along with several other characters that have a good chance at appearing in SSBB as anything.

This is Ralph, I made a Ray Mk III support sig, I didn't add the name, but you all can if you want to.

You forgot to put in "Ray Mk III" at the bottom-right corner of the sig. And if you have enough time, will you make one for Ray Mk II using his Custom Robo Arena look?

Zorya

Smash Ace
No, I found it HERE along with several other characters that have a good chance at appearing in SSBB as anything.

You forgot to put in "Ray Mk III" at the bottom-right corner of the sig.
I know that, I said that I didnt add the name to it. I have limited capabilities. You all can add name if ya want to.

That IS his Custom Robo Arena look. ^^^

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
I was just rooting for Ray 01 but Ray Mk III has grown on me, and i hope one of them make its as a PC

parrothead

Smash Lord
I know that, I said that I didnt add the name to it. I have limited capabilities. You all can add name if ya want to.

That IS his Custom Robo Arena look. ^^^
I'm talking about Ray Mk 2 (Ray Mk II), not Ray Mk 3 (Ray Mk III).
Ray Mk II also has a good chance, not only because he was the first Custom Robo you obtain and use in Custom Robo V2 and Custom Robo Arena, but he also appeared in more Nintendo titles than every other Ray. Ray Mk II was a Trophy in SSBM.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Yeah Mk II from Melee is cool looking, but Mk III's body design looks better.

parrothead

Smash Lord
What's more important, the looks of the characters OR the popularity of the characters? DON'T SAY BOTH.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
Which of the five Ray models are you supporting the most?
Ray01 like in my signature. It's not really because he's cool and flashy looking, but in my opinion he has way more variety in weapons and armor (Did I mention he was cool looking? o_O). Maybe Sakurai can fit some illegal weapons here and there. . .

I just hate how he's underrated. The only problem is that it would be kinda weird to see a custom robo like Ray in the real world when he should be in a Holloseum.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
so want a fan club for ray, urging not to burst out idea. BAM! "ROBOT BATTLE REVOLOTION!" or RRB

Top Bottom