• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW and Official Ray (Custom Robo series) Support Thread (not just Ray 01)

Florida

イーグランツ
Ray MK III > Ray MK II > Ray MK I
But hey, if any version of Ray makes it in, then I'm good!
Ray MK III is wanted by a lot of Japanese fans as well, right? But, that doesn't necessarily boost his chances, as some Japanese popular suggestions have been deconfirmed recently on the DOJO.

Hopefully, Sakurai finds a sort of interest for Ray ;)

parrothead

Smash Lord
I duno, in Parrothead's thread starter post, it says Ray01 from Custom robo BR, but its just called Custom robo in america, so I was just referring to what he said. If I'm wrong about the BR thing, the its just Custom Robo then. Go ray01.

Edit: ROfL, right after I posted this, I saw your edit.......w/e I was right lol.
The Nintendo GameCube version of Custom Robo is known in Japan as "Custom Robo: Battle Revolution", which is why I called it that. It's just like the first Fire Emblem released worldwide simply as "Fire Emblem", while it is known in Japan as "Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken" (translated either as "Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword" or "Fire Emblem: Sword of Fire").

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
while being one of the less successful Nintendo series.Custom Robo Arena is a good game, yet it lacks the kind of attention that other DS titles enjoy.

The story is awful. This is where the game kinda fails at.

At the other hand, the battles are quiet amazing for the DS. seeing them run at a smooth frame rate on the DS without slowdown is amazing. And customizing your Robo on the Garage menu, where you can pose your Robo just like an actual figurine, is just sweet.

Let's face it - no matter how good this game might be, it still won't sell well due to the fact that it is an "unknown" series...Maybe if it get represented in Brawl will hopefully change this.

Wurmtoken

Smash Cadet
I have to go with the Ray 01 simply cause the GC Custom Robo game was the first one I played and that game was, to put it simply, awesome.

Wurmtoken

Smash Cadet
The Ray really would make a good character. With the huge Custom Robo armanent he would have a move for every occasion.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that either Ray Mk II, Ray Mk III, or both have the highest chances at entering. Why? Because:

|1.| Custom Robo Arena is the newest title of the Custom Robo series.
|2.| Custom Robo Arena used Ray Mk II in his slightly new look as the starting Custom Robo, while he was later switched with Ray Mk III, the newest Ray model of the Custom Robo series.
|3.| Custom Robo Arena is the first and only Custom Robo title with online multiplayer.

AND

|4.| Custom Robo Arena is not only released in Japan and America, but also in Europe and Australia. Custom Robo for Nintendo GameCube (known as Custom Robo: Battle Revolution in Japan) was released only in America and Japan. The first Custom Robo for N64 was released in Japan and China. Custom Robo V2 and Custom Robo GX are only released in Japan.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ray 01 looks good, but also like a mini-Gundam...

...Ray III I think looks decent...

I don't like Ray II

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Ray from the GC one, he's so aweosme looking, and in all honesty, the other ones look kinda bland. But honestly, ANY of them making it into Brawl chalks up as a win in my book.

Ray [insert MK followed by some numbers here]] for Brawl!!! :grin:

parrothead

Smash Lord
The original Custom Robo was also released in China for the iQue Player in 2006, which means it is no longer Japan-Only.

Not every Ray is the same, because it's just like comparing each Link from the Zelda series and comparing each Ultraman in the Ultraman series.

A mix of Ray MK III and Ray 01 called simply "Ray" will be awesome.

Ray 01 + Ray MK III = Ray (Brawl version)
That would be bogus.

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman
I prefer Ray from Battle Revolution. The other styles look really bland in the coloring. Maybe it's just the detail from the graphics, but BR Ray's suit has more variation, as opposed to blue top-white bottom I see in the others.

Plus, his head actually looks right on that body.
Dont forget in the custom robo universe the Rays are just toys after all :p

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Ray01 is the one I know and love, he would be my choice to put in. plus he looks freaking amazing. I would consider the one on the DS title but I havnt played that one yet and I do want to get it.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Ray01 is the one I know and love, he would be my choice to put in. plus he looks freaking amazing. I would consider the one on the DS title but I havnt played that one yet and I do want to get it.
I don't think you'd want to get that game, well I played it a bit, and it is hard to control and the graphics aren't that great. The one for gamecube was good. Yea, I like Ray01 the best to be in Brawl.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
What chances the custom robo guy have to make it into Brawl?

(lol dont get me wrong im not flaming! im just asking because i dont know his real chances, someone enlight me please)

parrothead

Smash Lord
What chances the custom robo guy have to make it into Brawl?

(lol dont get me wrong im not flaming! im just asking because i dont know his real chances, someone enlight me please)
Haven't you read the first post of this thread?

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

If Sakurai doesn't want miniature Nintendo characters in SSBB, then none of the Rays will enter as playable characters nor Assist Trophies. However, they can enter as Stickers and/or regular Trophies. Even though, size doesn't matter, it SOMETIMES matters. Wouldn't you want to see every characters' sizes equal? That would be awkward. When I saw those fake screenshots of Ridley in SSBB, they made me picture him imitating someone or something like the Big Bad Wolf, Wile E. Coyote, the mad dogs from Rocko's Modern Life and Eek! The Cat, and some deadly four-legged animals walking on two feet instead of four, which are awkward.

Well, I updated some of Wikipedia's Custom Robo articles. Start with the Custom Robo series article.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*bump*

If Sakurai doesn't want miniature Nintendo characters in SSBB, then none of the Rays will enter as playable characters nor Assist Trophies. However, they can enter as Stickers and/or regular Trophies. Even though, size doesn't matter, it SOMETIMES matters. Wouldn't you want to see every characters' sizes equal?That would be awkward.
size/akwardness doesn't matter. pikachu is supposed to be about the size of a human's head, and kirby and metaknight are only about 8 inches tall.

When I saw those fake screenshots of Ridley in SSBB, they made me picture him imitating someone or something like the Big Bad Wolf, Wile E. Coyote, the mad dogs from Rocko's Modern Life and Eek! The Cat, and some deadly four-legged animals walking on two feet instead of four, which are awkward.
no. thats just the result of how HIDEOUS his melee trophy is (which is always used in those mock ups). seriously, I have no idea why the ridley thread keeps on using that abomination of ridley in the mock-ups. something resembling his zero mission sprite would be a lot better.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
no. thats just the result of how HIDEOUS his melee trophy is (which is always used in those mock ups). seriously, I have no idea why the ridley thread keeps on using that abomination of ridley in the mock-ups. something resembling his zero mission sprite would be a lot better.
Ridley's Melee trophy looks awesome. I hope he looks just like that, except better graphics, of course. His ZM look is stupid and brown and way too gangly.

Anyway, Ray (MK III preferably) for Brawl!

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Bump

Another character i want with Ridley to be in the game

I want him to come back as Ray MK 01 from the GC game

I think he has a chance

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol cool pic, yeah Custom robo should have a rep this time around, I mean sure the games that came into the states aint that awesome, but fun never the less...

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
He would be cool to see Ray in Brawl. Even though his popularity is low, he has good potential of being a good fighter. If that doesn't work out a AT is cool too. The only thing keeping him back is popularity..However, that didn't stop Ice Climbers and G&W.

Anyways, you've got my vote ^^.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Ray 01 would add some much needed diversity to the Brawl roster (if their not animals their swordsman by large). Even though the Gamecube game was average I still fully endorse Ray 01 for Brawl (no other Rays as they lack the 'WHOA-THAT-GIANT-ROBOT-I-JUST-UNLOCKED-LOOKS-LIKE-OPTIMUS-PRIME-AND-DID-I-MENTION-HE-IS-A-GIANT-ROBOT-factor Ray 01 has).

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i have never played a custom robo game, but I am hoping this character gets in, as I hope there is a rep from every active Nintendo franchise.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Ray 01 would add some much needed diversity to the Brawl roster (if their not animals their swordsman by large). Even though the Gamecube game was average I still fully endorse Ray 01 for Brawl (no other Rays as they lack the 'WHOA-THAT-GIANT-ROBOT-I-JUST-UNLOCKED-LOOKS-LIKE-OPTIMUS-PRIME-AND-DID-I-MENTION-HE-IS-A-GIANT-ROBOT-factor Ray 01 has).
Except for the fact that he's a tiny robot.

Top Bottom