• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW and Official Ray (Custom Robo series) Support Thread (not just Ray 01)

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

When I was looking around the Custom Robo Arena page at GameFAQs, I saw that Ray X (or X Ray) from Custom Robo GX can be unlocked in Custom Robo Arena.

parrothead

Smash Lord
This thread is starting to remind me of Ultraman, because there are many different versions of Rays and Ultramen.

I know most of you would rather have Ray 01, because y'all are more familiar to him than any other Ray, and Ray 01's look is more complicated than every other Ray. When Ray MK. II was introduced to Americans in SSBM as a trophy, many people didn't care about him nor the other Custom Robo V2 trophies. When Custom Robo GX was announced for release in America, before Nintendo and Noise cancelled it release in America, it didn't seem to catch the attentions of many gamers.

intensezkramer1993

Smash Cadet
I think the Ray from N64 should go into Brawl. Why? It's because of many reasons. Let me explain my decision before deciding to post "No." or "Uhh... no. Graphics are better."

First of all, he's an improved version of Ray 01 from N64. A HUGE improvement. Putting in a character such as the N64 version is a great decision due to originality. No one will know that the Battle Revolution version of Ray is Ray because some people have played the original, and forgotten the new one. Let me illustrate: Pretend that you had a collective toy that you loved very dearly. This toy you loved everything about, it's shiny, sleekness when it shines from the sun, it's bright colors, and it's genuine look, but your parents feel it's kinda old and needs to be thrown out. Your parents aren't really going to throw it away, but actually polish it and give it a new look. About ten years later, you went around looking for this toy that you used to have because you remembered it was a collectible and could get sold for a lot of money. Instead of finding that collective toy, you find this other toy. It looks nothing like yours, and you throw it aside. Actually, it was your old toy and you didn't know because it looked totally different. Now, think about it. Some people may have no clue that that Gamecube model of Ray is him because he doesn't really look like him.

Another reason is that sometimes having something as cool as the new Ray would get rid of originality. Just look at Kirby. He hasn't changed in ANY games. The only thing that actually changed was how his sphere continues to smoothen. Well, that's all the reasoning I can think of. No one will probably agree with me, but still, original Ray all the way.

I would accept the old Ray if it was changed a LITTLE bit, but not a lot.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I still gotta say Ray 01 from the GC game should be in, its the one both america and japan are familiar with, and besides he looks way more awesome than the other versions...

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Ray MK I looks like a dude in a suit, not a robutt.

Ray MK II looks stupid, clunky, and pink.

X-Ray is again pink, has blank eyes, and a stupid name.

Ray 01 looks cool at first, but then looks overloaded with useless detail.

Ray MK III looks awesome in the render, but on steroids in the art.

I'll choose MK III, as he's the most appealing, and most recent.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
It would probably end up being one from the most recent Robo game (Arena for DS). I'd go with Hadron, just cuz it's too hard to decide between who it really should be, a Ray, but there's too many to choose.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i like ray01 the best, mostly because thats the only custom robo game i've played. they could just update ray's look to a new, different ray and call whim ray

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well i think since ray01 is the most recent they'll use those graphics +10, but they'll probably strip he's armor down though for smash, or just update one of the older models

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ray 01 has to much added on to him i prefer the more simple designs of Ray MK 2 and 3.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord

Yea.. this is pretty much the Ray that'll make it (hopefully). He can use Soulboost too, which could be his Final Smash.

Btw, I wonder what they would call him? Would they call him by the whole name (ex. Ray 01, X-Ray), or just "Ray"?

GenG

Smash Lord
It should be called Ray, not repping any model in particular.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i would like for them to use ray mkII, just because that one sounds the best, although i could see them calling him just ray

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Okay, so here's my very first attempt for a moveset. I never done one before so this may suck.

-Ray-

A,A,A - Does three swipes with a Blade Gun. Third swipe lets out a small energy blast (think Link with full heath in the original Zelda)

tilt A side - Uses electricity from a Stun Gun.
tilt A down - A small swipe with a Blade Gun.
tilt A up - Swipes upwards with a Blade Gun.

Smash A side - Sends enemies flying with a Knuckle Gun.
Smash A down - Does swipes with a Blade Gun front a behind (think Marth/Roy)
Smash A up - Lets out a bolt of electricity from a Stun Gun.

A air neutral - Swipes with a Blade Gun
A air front - Throws fire with a Flame Gun (think Samus)
A air back - Kicks backwards
A air up - Throws a bubble up with a Bubble Gun.
A air down - Points a Drill Gun downwards

dash attack - tackles enemies with his shoulders.

grab - uses an Acrobat Bomb to throw both his enemy and Ray to the desired direction. The explosion does not harm Ray.
grab attack - Hits enemy with his elbow

B neutral (3-Way Gun) - Shoots bullets in a "E" shape, with 3 shots in each side.
B side (Direct Pod) - Throws a fast-moving bombs that flies directly forward and bounces off wall. Will explode in a short time or until it hits anybody, even Ray himself.
B down (Wave Bomb) - Sets a bomb that throws three waves to the front.
B Up (Flak) - Uses his body to attack. (think Fox)

Final Smash (Soulboost) - Ray turns gold (think Super Sonic). Increases Ray's power and speed dramatically, and become invincible. Possible to KO enemies with 50% or higher damage. Last for 12 seconds. When finished, Ray rusts, and his attacks and speed will be weaker than usual for 7 seconds.

Theme
- [url="http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/6838/1']Heaven[/url]

...I think I covered everything....

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
that is one hell of a moveset, i love the use of the blade and stun gun, and the drill gun is uber pwnage.

for the u b however i was thinking something along the lines of when ray 01 would float for a short time in the air after the second jump.

that could just be his second jump however, and then the up B could be a random POD attack. and i would love to see a dragon gun move, dragon gun was the best.

however these are just suggestions, the moveset is fine how it is now

Cenedar

Smash Ace
That's a cool moveset! I was originally going to put in my vote for Ray 01 from Custom Robo for the Gamecube, but Ray from the DS version sounds alot cooler now. I like the soulboost ala Super Sonic for a Final Smash.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Well, I like Ray MK III's deisgn the best, followed by Ray MK II. Ray MK II has, in my opinion, the best chances. Because of the fact he was a trophey in SSBM and the fact he was on Sakurai's Poll.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
(Looking at moveset on pg 5)
I like that move set. Though I think a Wall Bomb would be much cooler. The explosion wouldn't have to be that high or powerful, but it could be useful when you force an opponent to jump over it. Of course I suppose you can get the same effect with a Wave Bomb in a smash bros game.

I am surprised to see that his pods can hurt him and that his final makes him rusty. Good job with keeping to his roots!

One last thing, you did well with using various types of guns, but I think there is a bit too many Blade attacks. Perhaps his Down Smash can be a Shotgun blast on one side, then another shot on the other side? Maybe his NAir attack can be his Flare gun? And how about Meteor Shot for an Up Smash?

I dunno, you have the creativity, and there are tons of weapons, go a little bit further than just the Blade gun for many of the attacks.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
I hope Ray01 gets in, I think a lot of people in America would like him to be in it.

I don't think there would be a problem with designing him in the game, they did a good job of his graphics in the Custom Robo: Battle Revolution game, so it should be even better in Brawl.

Also, if I remebered correctly from playing BR, then I think these robos were only about a few centimetres tall, I'm not sure maybe as tall as kirby. But Nintendo can modify that to be bigger.

GO Ray01 !!!!

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
I duno, in Parrothead's thread starter post, it says Ray01 from Custom robo BR, but its just called Custom robo in america, so I was just referring to what he said. If I'm wrong about the BR thing, the its just Custom Robo then. Go ray01.

Edit: ROfL, right after I posted this, I saw your edit.......w/e I was right lol.

Top Bottom