• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW and Official Ray (Custom Robo series) Support Thread (not just Ray 01)

parrothead

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that Ray Mk II and Ray Mk III are gaining more popularity than Ray 01, because Custom Robo Arena is not only released in Japan and North America, but also in Europe, Australia and other PAL regions. Also, Ray Mk II was the first custom robo you obtain in Custom Robo Arena, while Ray Mk III became the next main Ray later in the game. Custom Robo for Nintendo GameCube (a.k.a. Custom Robo: Battle Revolution) was only released in Japan and North America.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Given that Battle Revolution was the first released globally, I think Ray 01 has the best chance of entering due to increased recognition. Then again... Ray Mk III seems to look the part of super smash bros better than the flashy/uber-cool Ray 01.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I'm going to say this again: There is more than one Ray. None of them are equal. It's just like comparing them to the Ultramen from the Ultraman series, like Ultraman Tiga, Ultraman Dyna, Ultraman Leo, Ultraman Taro, Ultraman Ace, Ultraman Mebius, Ultra Q and so on.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Given that Battle Revolution was the first released globally, I think Ray 01 has the best chance of entering due to increased recognition. Then again... Ray Mk III seems to look the part of super smash bros better than the flashy/uber-cool Ray 01.
Except it wasn't released in anywhere except Japan and North America.
Seriously, what's you people's problem with facts?

parrothead

Smash Lord
Except it wasn't released in anywhere except Japan and North America.
Right.

Custom Robo Arena was released in Japan (titled as Gekito! Custom Robo, which translates as Rumble! Custom Robo), North America and the PAL regions (e.g.: Europe, Australia, New Zealand, etc.), making it the most, well-known Custom Robo title.

Custom Robo for the Nintendo GameCube (known in Japan as Custom Robo: Battle Revolution) was only released in Japan and North America.

The first Custom Robo for the N64 was released in Japan for the N64 and in China for the iQue Player.

Custom Robo V2 and Custom Robo GX are the only Custom Robo titles released in Japan.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Ray was in a game for the GC and the DS

I think he will be in the game he's like Roy,Marth,and Lucas

Besides the 2 games that weren't good he was in

I think he has a nice chance

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Ray 02 or Ray MK III are likely to be the desing. I reckong Ray is likely to be in Brawl since Nintendo probably want a robotic character in Brawl, the other option is Chibi-Robbo to come in brawl with his pal Telly-Vision. Also if they have Raay MKIII i reckon they'll have that other Custom Robbo (forget name), which is his arch enemy (Bull's Robot, i think he is brown colour, is it Hadron)

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Ray 01 is my my choice cuz 1 its first version i played, also lots of people too. I not saying the Ray MK III is bad but maybe cuz i am older i dosen't appeal to me. Plus robots r supose to be cool and over detail, there robots! Let nintendo wii show off its power look Link and Zelda they look great, i pretty sure people working on Brawl can make it happen

WFL

Smash Journeyman
I'm sort of starting to lean towards maining Ray if he's in because Black Knight's chances are dwindling and no wavedash equals no Ice Climbers goodness.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I like the Ray MK 1

that's the one on the GC right? well that's the one I like

Not all cartoony like the DS one is

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Except for the fact that he's a tiny robot.
I realise that but under Smash circumstances I think Ray will be portrayed as a heavy brawler and ergo will probably have a large character model. Bowserish size anyway.

The established size of the characters in their games should have no influence on how big the devolpers make them in Smash - ie Kirby. (but i asume your fully aware of that and to asume otherwise would be quite patronising).

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
The established size of the characters in their games should have no influence on how big the devolpers make them in Smash - ie Kirby. (but i asume your fully aware of that and to asume otherwise would be quite patronising).
Their actual size SHOULD have an influence on their size in Brawl. IE Kirby, while he's clearly no 8", he's still a small character. To have characters needlessly resized... Well, they just wouldn't be that character anymore. Why don't we just have Ridley in as a small character, to keep up the fact he's a "lizard?"
I agree Ray should be heavy, seeing as he's made of metal, but if they were to do anything right he'd be a SMALL heavy character.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I still think it should be Ray MK 01

I think he will look badass enough

There's already a lot of detail in all the characters
if they make III detailed he just gonna look like 01

So i think we should just used the already detail Ray

parrothead

Smash Lord
Battle Revolution was only released in Japan and North America, but nowhere else. Custom Robo Arena was released in more regions than every other Custom Robo title.

Ray 01 is no longer the newest of all standard Ray models. Ray Mk III is now the newest. I'm pretty sure that most Europeans and Australians will pick Ray Mk II and Ray Mk III, because Custom Robo Arena is the only Custom Robo title released in Europe, Australia and other PAL regions.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
All the Rays are good, but Ray01 would look the best in Brawl. Yes, he is very detailed, but he looked awesome on gamecube, and on the wii he'll look even more sick. He's not cartoony and looks badass. He will kick butt in brawl, please watch this video, this is what Ray01 is all about!! I do hope that any Ray makes it into brawl, but Ray01 is my biggest hope. Ray01 for BRAWL!!!!

If you havn't seen the gamecube Ray01's intro, I suggest you please watch it, you wont be dissapointed by him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5c6Cg5XFT4

parrothead

Smash Lord
All the Rays are good, but Ray01 would look the best in Brawl. Yes, he is very detailed, but he looked awesome on gamecube, and on the wii he'll look even more sick. He's not cartoony and looks badass. He will kick butt in brawl, please watch this video, this is what Ray01 is all about!! I do hope that any Ray makes it into brawl, but Ray01 is my biggest hope. Ray01 for BRAWL!!!!

If you havn't seen the gamecube Ray01's intro, I suggest you please watch it, you wont be dissapointed by him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5c6Cg5XFT4
I've already seen that before, but have you seen its official music video?

Just because Ray 01 looks the "kewlest", doesn't mean he will appear in SSBB.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I REALLY don't like that picture of Ray Mk III

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Yo PsychoIncarnate, do you like Ray01 better because he has a more detailed design? Ray01 looks more of a robot than MK lll.

Ray01 is good for brawl not only because he is cool looking, but he is also a very well balanced robot in the game, I guess all the rays are, but he was a very good robot. Ray MK lll's game was ok but still kinda bad compared to the gc, graphics made it horrible to see and the screen was small.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Custom Robo Arena is better than Custom Robo: Battle Revolution, in my opinion, because:

* It has online gameplay.
* It was released in more regions than the other four Custom Robo titles.
* It has a sample of several robos from the other Custom Robo titles, including all four standard Ray models and a couple of specially-designed Ray models.
* It plays more like the ones for the N64 than the GCN one.

AND

* The characters are not too childish like the the ones in the N64 ones and not too gothic, teenagish or whatever the the ones in the GCN one are like. Just about equal to the ones in the GBA one.

GenG

Smash Lord
BR is better because it doesn't seem a low budget game. It has a great soundtrack, great design, great graphics, great plot, good characters and introduced new features (transformables, new models).

parrothead

Smash Lord
BR is better because it doesn't seem a low budget game. It has a great soundtrack, great design, great graphics, great plot, good characters and introduced new features (transformables, new models).
Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb gave the GCN one a 3 out of five on X-Play. I wonder what they gave the DS one.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
I found the gameplay on the DS one horrible, graphics were bad. the NGC story was great. Ray01 looks more like a robot than the others.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
I didn't like it, I didnt finish it, but I guess because it was the lack of the control stick that I got used to for running around taht made it bad for me. It wasn't supperior, they are about the same.

Top Bottom