• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
Okay, so I pretty new to the smash boards and I arrived in the character threads to see the great support for Shantae so I would like to be added as well. I played and beaten all 3 games on my 3ds and highly waiting for Half-Genie Hero to come out soon. After playing, I noticed the great moveset potential she can bring to smash and the opportunity to give indie characters some love as well. I would love to bring as much support as I can for this awesome (and cute) character.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Okay, so I pretty new to the smash boards and I arrived in the character threads to see the great support for Shantae so I would like to be added as well. I played and beaten all 3 games on my 3ds and highly waiting for Half-Genie Hero to come out soon. After playing, I noticed the great moveset potential she can bring to smash and the opportunity to give indie characters some love as well. I would love to bring as much support as I can for this awesome (and cute) character.
:3 Welcome to the thread and welcome to Smashboards!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Welcome aboard!

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
:colorful::starman:Welcome to the Group!:starman::colorful:

And added to the list of New supporters just have to wait for the thread owner to come back and update the support list.
@ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 Whenever you get the chance please update the support list with these new supporters.

Mighty Minotaur
Felix_the_Slayer
LittleToys
Creativion
Fralex
Kevandre
Pyrofishy
DaemonDD
MachRider94
Solo Bolo
DarkAura64
Jasae Bushae
NateCurtis(NJC)
GoldLiger
Black-magic13
ThePsychoWolf
Midnight Twinkle
conTAgi0n
taoxadasa
ScatmansWorld25
Mental Surge
DiagonalSpy07

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
Wow. That's a lot of new supporters since I just got here not too long ago.:love:

We'll still never reach K. Rool or Wolf's level though

Edit: That makes about 164 supporters now. :happysheep:

Last edited:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
It took me a minute to realize that this model was made by the same person who did this one we're so familiar with:
I'm not sure if it's just the lighting or not, but that magic dancer model looks better than his other Shantae models somehow. Mind you, the Risky's Revenge art style still look a bit uncanny to me, but... this is still very good.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It took me a minute to realize that this model was made by the same person who did this one we're so familiar with:

http://leojones.deviantart.com/art/3D-Shantae-Fan-Art-WIP-400605055[/spoiler]

I'm not sure if it's just the lighting or not, but this model looks better than his other Shantae models somehow. Mind you, the Risky's Revenge art style still look a bit uncanny to me, but... this is still very good.
I believe it's been improved significantly since the that version. The hair and other details makes that seem likely.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
That. Is. Gorgeous.

Like... I can't even think of a more appropriate word to describe it.
Heck, do I even have to?
I came up with a few.

Pretty, beautiful, breath-taking, exquisite, marvelous, wonderful, eye-candy, splendid, exceptional, peerless, flawless, beau, joli, merveilleux, à couper le souffle, de toute beauté, splendide, exceptionnel, prodigieux, sans pareille, sans défauts, statuesque.

Yes, I included (gasp!) French words and expressions. Pardon my English.

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
Hi. We're new and Shantae is are most wanted. We heard about this board and we really would like to be apart of your support group. I think she would be great as a new character for DLC and I really want her in. So... Yeah.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hi. We're new and Shantae is are most wanted. We heard about this board and we really would like to be apart of your support group. I think she would be great as a new character for DLC and I really want her in. So... Yeah.
Welcome to the thread, and welcome to Smashboards.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

And I'll added the both of you as new supporters.
@ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 Whenever you get the chance please update the support list with these new supporters.

Mighty Minotaur
Felix_the_Slayer
LittleToys
Creativion
Fralex
Kevandre
Pyrofishy
DaemonDD
MachRider94
Solo Bolo
DarkAura64
Jasae Bushae
NateCurtis(NJC)
GoldLiger
Black-magic13
ThePsychoWolf
Midnight Twinkle
conTAgi0n
taoxadasa
ScatmansWorld25
Mental Surge
DiagonalSpy07
B.H. and DD

Last edited:

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice

And I'll added the both of you as new supporters.

Mighty Minotaur
Felix_the_Slayer
LittleToys
Creativion
Fralex
Kevandre
Pyrofishy
DaemonDD
MachRider94
Solo Bolo
DarkAura64
Jasae Bushae
NateCurtis(NJC)
GoldLiger
Black-magic13
ThePsychoWolf
Midnight Twinkle
conTAgi0n
taoxadasa
ScatmansWorld25
Mental Surge
DiagonalSpy07
B.H. and DD
Thank you for letting us join. We've been on this board a few times but I'm glad we're officially apart of the support group.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Thank you for letting us join. We've been on this board a few times but I'm glad we're officially apart of the support group.
Glad I see more and more new people(other than myself) join the fight for Shantae's inclusion into Smash 4.

#Shantae4Smash

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I don't know if you guys know but SGDQ is gonna be speedrunning Shantae and the Pirates Curse & Mighty Switch Force! 2 Wednesday Morning at around 2:49AM and 4:09AM
If you don't know about SGDQ they are an amazing big speedrunning group who speedrun 100s of games and who are currently streaming speedruns throughout the week for charity right now: July 26th - August 1st
If you want to watch their amazing speedruns throughout the week, Here's their schedule & Stream channel
https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Also Wayforward will be interviewed tomorrow by SGDQ in case you're interested.

NintendoPowaa

Smash Rookie
I am in full support for Shantae for smash, imo Shantae and WayForward both deserve this recognition plus she has an easy to implement moveset, she has been on Nintendo consoles, and she's just so damn adorable.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I am in full support for Shantae for smash, imo Shantae and WayForward both deserve this recognition plus she has an easy to implement moveset, she has been on Nintendo consoles, and she's just so damn adorable.

And Added

Mighty Minotaur
Felix_the_Slayer
LittleToys
Creativion
Fralex
Kevandre
Pyrofishy
DaemonDD
MachRider94
Solo Bolo
DarkAura64
Jasae Bushae
NateCurtis(NJC)
GoldLiger
Black-magic13
ThePsychoWolf
Midnight Twinkle
conTAgi0n
taoxadasa
ScatmansWorld25
Mental Surge
DiagonalSpy07
B.H. and DD
NintendoPowaa
Dani l

Last edited:

Dani l

Smash Rookie
Hello, you guys. I'm here to support Shantae. The reason why she deserves to be a future DLC playable character in Smash Wii U/3DS, because she appeared in games for Nintendo what WayFoward developed for. And she can have a unique & creative moveset, like her genie powers, transforming into animals, pirate gear, hair whipping, bellydancing and more ec.tre. We also need more females in Smash and she is also the first female third party character to be in Smash. There is also a new game called Shantae: Half Genie Hero not only for Nintendo platforms, also going multi platform as well. That's why Shantae deserves to be DLC later on in the future in Smash.

Dani l

Smash Rookie
I support Shantae for DLC! She would a fun character to play as, and she was a perfect fit for Smash, only as DLC. She appeared in games for Nintendo, she can have a unique and creative moveset, and she's going to get a new game called Shantae: Half Genie Hero.

Top Bottom