• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Also have you guys been supporting Shantae on Miiverse, Youtube, Twitter, Reddit, & any other gaming forums?
I don't have any Miiverse accounts (since I don't have a Wii/U) or use any other of those places either. All I would have is here or DeviantArt for any art of Shantae.

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
Also have you guys been supporting Shantae on Miiverse, Youtube, Twitter, Reddit, & any other gaming forums?
I retweeted everything supporting Shantae including Smash 4 Shantae fan art and such for 3 straight months. Does that count?:grin:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Also if any of you guys have a Miiverse account someone is doing a Top 10 DLC characters, Make sure to put down Shantae.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkOkXpqeg
I saw a total of 23 people wanting Shantae in the comments. I'd bet she'll be placed in the top 5's on the guy's list. Sadly though, Shovel Knight seems to be getting more votes... Honestly, he has less of a chance to get in, with Shantae having a better chance. It's just starting to annoy me a little bit when people only want him in so badly is mostly because of his Smashified artwork.

EDIT: Didn't read the older comments, my bad. Will do that and count the amount of Shantaes on there.

Fixed.

Last edited:

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
Somewhat related, Mighty Switch Force: Hose it Down got a million downloads on iOS and is now free on those devices. Maybe people will see Shantae in the related products? *shrug*

Last edited:

Solo Bolo

Smash Rookie
Found this picture around with alternate Shantae colors based on the Pirate's Curse artwork.

That Sky color would be my pick.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Found this picture around with alternate Shantae colors based on the Pirate's Curse artwork.

That Sky color would be my pick.
It's broken mate. You should reload the image, just save the image onto your computer and use the "Upload a File" tab below the comment box.

Solo Bolo

Smash Rookie
I apologize, but I don't see this tab. It's not something you get after posting a bit, is it?

Side note, but I was able to meet Christina Vee at Anime Expo. I was surprised at how her normal voice of a pretty close to Shantae already.

D

Deleted member

I drew this a while ago in order to support Shantae in Smash. Figured I could share it here too~

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I apologize, but I don't see this tab. It's not something you get after posting a bit, is it?.
upload_2015-7-4_8-29-10.png

It's been a while for me to remember if members with less than 10 posts have this or not, but it's right next to the "Post Reply button".

But I'll save you the trouble anyways.

a0f3654dc70ad5c4de42687abb241bd4.png

I drew this a while ago in order to support Shantae in Smash. Figured I could share it here too~

I seen that art on DeviantArt before, very nice picture you drawn. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno why, but I'm always a huge fan of the original Shantae design (black hair, red clothes) compared to most others. Nothing beats the main design though.

I seen that art on DeviantArt before, very nice picture you drawn. :)
Thank you!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
For some reason, I wish there was a rumor or leak of Shantae going on. There hasn't been much in terms of that (other then the one time people thought Matt Bozon's tweet was hinting at her inclusion, later confirmed to him wanting to get some more votes, which is ok). What do you guys think?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
For some reason, I wish there was a rumor or leak of Shantae going on. There hasn't been much in terms of that (other then the one time people thought Matt Bozon's tweet was hinting at her inclusion, later confirmed to him wanting to get some more votes, which is ok). What do you guys think?
I hate leaks. With a passion. It ruins the surprise that Sakurai goes out of his way to make for the fans of their characters to make it into Smash. Leaks also start more drama of "It's fake/ Omni must have done it/ **** your character (s)he's dumb as I wanted X character, etc)

That's just my personally opinion, but I hate leaks ever since the ESRB leak of last year.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I hate leaks. With a passion. It ruins the surprise that Sakurai goes out of his way to make for the fans of their characters to make it into Smash. Leaks also start more drama of "It's fake/ Omni must have done it/ **** your character (s)he's dumb as I wanted X character, etc)

That's just my personally opinion, but I hate leaks ever since the ESRB leak of last year.
To be honest, I would agree with you; I'm not a fan of leaks either. Honestly, I wouldn't mind there be Rumors though; unlike Leaks, they aren't really accompanied by any pictures/videos. It's basically text and text only.

Last edited:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i really like the style of the last art piece, it looks a little like what she'd look like in a more urban setting, what with the belt and jacket. and the art style in general is just good.

also, i'm curious, do you guys think we'll be getting DLC character(s) in august when the tournament mode is released? I'm half-expecting at least 1 character, but trying to keep my expectations low so I'll still get that surprise hype if it actually does happen. sorry if this has already been asked...

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
i really like the style of the last art piece, it looks a little like what she'd look like in a more urban setting, what with the belt and jacket. and the art style in general is just good.

also, i'm curious, do you guys think we'll be getting DLC character(s) in august when the tournament mode is released? I'm half-expecting at least 1 character, but trying to keep my expectations low so I'll still get that surprise hype if it actually does happen. sorry if this has already been asked...
Yeah, I'm thinking we'll get Tournament mode, Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, KK Slider Mii costume & other costumes, and maybe 1-2 characters all in August.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I'm expecting the two other 64 stages, some Mii costumes, and possibly one character, my guess is Wolf.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't expect much apart from tournament mode. We've gotten some great surprises now and again, but I can't believe that Sakurai has managed to develop Wolf or any character so soon after releasing 3 other characters. In terms of stages, it could happen, and costumes are also possible I feel, but a character? Ehhhhhh.

I definitely would love if it happens though.

That's a really good drawing, very cute.
Thank you!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I honestly don't expect much apart from tournament mode. We've gotten some great surprises now and again, but I can't believe that Sakurai has managed to develop Wolf or any character so soon after releasing 3 other characters. In terms of stages, it could happen, and costumes are also possible I feel, but a character? Ehhhhhh.

I definitely would love if it happens though.

Thank you!
As much as I would have my doubts, I can agree with you there indeed, Sakurai is no one to underestimate, if you take in all of what he was able to do for Smash 4 as a whole. For every single thing we doubt he'd go through (Mewtwo wouldn't make the cut, Lucas wouldn't make the cut, Roy wouldn't make the cut, "Fighter characters" wouldn't make the cut, More than Mewtwo as DLC to get revealed, gets two as surprise DLC, more than Lucas as DLC, get's 3 as surprise DLC (surprise if it wasn't leaked)m etc of many other things said Sakurai wouldn't make happen, yet he has to the best of his abilities. Sakurai does a lot, more than he should, more than his health really should let, but he does it for the fans as best as he can.

Point is, I wouldn't doubt there will be 1-2 characters that is before the "at this point it's all 'for the fans/fanservice'", maybe not, but I wouldn't be surprised, he's done this plenty of times despite what people originally think he'd do.

D

Deleted member

As much as I would have my doubts, I can agree with you there indeed, Sakurai is no one to underestimate, if you take in all of what he was able to do for Smash 4 as a whole. For every single thing we doubt he'd go through (Mewtwo wouldn't make the cut, Lucas wouldn't make the cut, Roy wouldn't make the cut, "Fighter characters" wouldn't make the cut, More than Mewtwo as DLC to get revealed, gets two as surprise DLC, more than Lucas as DLC, get's 3 as surprise DLC (surprise if it wasn't leaked)m etc of many other things said Sakurai wouldn't make happen, yet he has to the best of his abilities. Sakurai does a lot, more than he should, more than his health really should let, but he does it for the fans as best as he can.

Point is, I wouldn't doubt there will be 1-2 characters that is before the "at this point it's all 'for the fans/fanservice'", maybe not, but I wouldn't be surprised, he's done this plenty of times despite what people originally think he'd do.
Well, again, I'm doubtful it'll happen, but more power to you for thinking otherwise, and I'm probably hoping for it just as much as you are.

I'm only really doubting it because we've gotten 3 characters very recently, and another character a few months after seems a bit weird when you compare the scheduling of the previous DLC characters.

It isn't impossible, of course, but I feel they'll be a bit strict about a scheduling pattern for this occasion. That's just a guess though.

And if it happens? I won't complain at all. lol

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, again, I'm doubtful it'll happen, but more power to you for thinking otherwise, and I'm probably hoping for it just as much as you are.

I'm only really doubting it because we've gotten 3 characters very recently, and another character a few months after seems a bit weird when you compare the scheduling of the previous DLC characters.

It isn't impossible, of course, but I feel they'll be a bit strict about a scheduling pattern for this occasion. That's just a guess though.

And if it happens? I won't complain at all. lol
I agree with your thoughts, sorry if I sounded a bit aggressive about it I think, it was rather early for me and could have been tired still, but I wouldn't be surprised whether or not there's no character DLC, nor would I be if there actual was. xD I think it could been nothing like you said, but Nintendo has surprised me before, so I wouldn't also be surprised if they snuck in another one before the ballot results. xD

D

Deleted member

I agree with your thoughts, sorry if I sounded a bit aggressive about it I think, it was rather early for me and could have been tired still, but I wouldn't be surprised whether or not there's no character DLC, nor would I be if there actual was. xD I think it could been nothing like you said, but Nintendo has surprised me before, so I wouldn't also be surprised if they snuck in another one before the ballot results. xD
Aggressive? Didn't get that impression personally, so it's all good. lol

But yeah, the main thing is that it's anyone's guess at this point.

Top Bottom