• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Guys, I have to ask you a question: It's necessary to have played the first two games before Pirate's Curse, or it is perfectably enjoyable as the first one to play?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Guys, I have to ask you a question: It's necessary to have played the first two games before Pirate's Curse, or it is perfectably enjoyable as the first one to play?
I think for the most part it's unnecessary to play all 3 games back to back to under stand the plot, but I'd check out Risky's Revenge at least. The first is a classic that stands alone compared to the other two.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Although it does help understanding the story a bit, it's by no means necessary, especially as Pirate's Curse plays differently

Also, indie sale includes Pirate's Curse in Europe starting on the 9th

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's not necessary, but I would say you have to play at least Risky's Revenge before Pirate's Curse. Though I personally played the first before Risky's Revenge.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How are things on the mostly Shantae Fanart thread.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Imma just put this out here: Shantae is the only character I think I'll literally be devistated about if she doesn't make it in.
A bit extreme, I know, but... yeah. Consider me a 100% supporter of this.

Also, Shantae in Smash is such a great idea to begin with, but it doubles in awesomeness when you realize that this probably also means ponytailed, dancing :4kirby:. :yeahboi:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Imma just put this out here: Shantae is the only character I think I'll literally be devistated about if she doesn't make it in.
A bit extreme, I know, but... yeah. Consider me a 100% supporter of this.

Also, Shantae in Smash is such a great idea to begin with, but it doubles in awesomeness when you realize that this probably also means ponytailed, dancing :4kirby:. :yeahboi:
:colorful::starman:Welcome to the Group:starman::colorful:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
SomecallmeJohnny finally did it!
Bit of a shame how he feels about the first 2 games (Though I do admit his critique isn't without SOME merit) But hey, he still seems to like the series enough.
Also, Johnny and AlphaOmegaSin dancing together. My life is complete.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
Hello I'm new to this Shantae thread and I'm here to help support Shantae to get into super smash bros, I'm also supporting Geno to get in super smash bros (I'm voting for Geno,Shantae,Knuckles and Toad for super smash bros fighter ballot):chuckle:

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Hello I'm new to this Shantae thread and I'm here to help support Shantae to get into super smash bros, I'm also supporting Geno to get in super smash bros (I'm voting for Geno,Shantae,Knuckles and Toad for super smash bros fighter ballot):chuckle:
Awesome man, throw a vote or two into that ballot, and admire our fan art!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
SomecallmeJohnny finally did it!
Pretty good review, I'm a bit more positive towards the first game and Risky's Revenge than he is, but he has his points. The areas in the first game always felt somewhat samey.

That dancing montage though.
Cute plush, I would like some Shantae merchandise.

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Well, I haven't put my vote in for Shantae yet, but before I do could you guys give me some reasons as to why she should be in Smash? Seeing as I've only played the first one I mainly just need some info on her abilities and the like from Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse so I can give reasons on how she could be unique. If you could just put them in bullet points that'd be great :)

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Well, I haven't put my vote in for Shantae yet, but before I do could you guys give me some reasons as to why she should be in Smash? Seeing as I've only played the first one I mainly just need some info on her abilities and the like from Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse so I can give reasons on how she could be unique. If you could just put them in bullet points that'd be great :)
The opening post shoud have your answer for that.

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
I'm so late i just heard this song today i want in it smash lol. Holy crap it is fly. Man I hope she gets in she would have such great animations.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Fellow supporters, I need your help. Can you post your 250 character reason for Shantae to be in Smash for the ballot? I need about 10 original ones, focusing on different reasons. like, sentiment, logistics, and flat out begging. Thanks guys!
I'm so late i just heard this song today i want in it smash lol. Holy crap it is fly. Man I hope she gets in she would have such great animations.
Also, there's no need to hope, because she is making it for sure. :chuckle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom