• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Uh....... I think I accidentally gave MK only one eye... Cus when I look at it in Brawl box it only shows 1 eye.. wtf
How do I fix that

Piks

Smash Journeyman
...Again, The model itself was done by FortWaffles. You can find it in the BrawlBox topic, the last few pages.

All I did was remake Roy's Melee textures, as seen in the screenshot.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Also, is this normal :

You see on his cape there are like weird square pattern thingies... Will that go away ingame?

0^2

Smash Cadet
They say you need the Homebrew channel, but I've gotten textures and used them without it?

Also, question. A lot of texture files I find are ".rar" or just one of either ".pcs" or ".pac". I came to an understanding that you need both a ".pcs" and a ".pac" for that texture file otherwise the texture will not work. (I've experienced my game freezing if I have a designated costume to assign the texture, but do not have both a ".pcs" and ".pac" for it when I select it). What can be done so that I can download those textures and use them?

CloneHat

Smash Champion
They say you need the Homebrew channel, but I've gotten textures and used them without it?

Also, question. A lot of texture files I find are ".rar" or just one of either ".pcs" or ".pac". I came to an understanding that you need both a ".pcs" and a ".pac" for that texture file otherwise the texture will not work. (I've experienced my game freezing if I have a designated costume to assign the texture, but do not have both a ".pcs" and ".pac" for it when I select it). What can be done so that I can download those textures and use them?
As said in the texture guide, only certain characters need a .pac file (Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, Bowser/Giga, I'm probably missing a few). The rest only need .pcs.

Also, a .rar file is not a texture file, it's a package, like a .zip. There are many programs that open these, such as winRAR, or UnRARx.

0^2

Smash Cadet
As said in the texture guide, only certain characters need a .pac file (Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, Bowser/Giga, I'm probably missing a few). The rest only need .pcs.

Also, a .rar file is not a texture file, it's a package, like a .zip. There are many programs that open these, such as winRAR, or UnRARx.
Thanks. I've figured it out now.

Conti

Smash Ace
Funny you said that, since no one had a DL to it. I made a "copy" of it.

Obviously mines isn't as good. It's just something similar. :dizzy:
Not bad i like it alot, and im despritely tryn to find a good blue mk texture, :p hopefully u can a link to this one out soon

mofo_

Smash Ace
wow ive never heard of texture commisions but if youre willing to do that post it on kitty corp too....
most people will do requests free of charge o_O so just put away the money

Conti

Smash Ace
^^^ LMAO!
yea, if u got money and u know it, take it out ur pocket and show it and throw it like, ITS THE WAY AH-HA, THATA WAY... :p

Texture hacks are free as like... Free stuff... dont waste ur money on it :p

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
wow ive never heard of texture commisions but if youre willing to do that post it on kitty corp too....
most people will do requests free of charge o_O so just put away the money
ive asked a few people and they wouldnt do it i figured if i paid someone would put hard work into it.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Sorry to be the one out of the loop, but could someone quickly walk me through creating the GCT? I tried searching (searches either returned no results or too many to possibly wade through) and skimmed a couple pages of the thread, but didn't see anything. Thanks/sorry in advance.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Download code manager. Save the codes you want as a text file(notepad). Open that text file with code manager and check all the code boxes. Then export to gct.

LSDX

Wah!
What was your request Snapple?
I just wanted to know how to apply CSP's and CBP's via SD codes. If it's the file patcher as said above, what are the folder directories of the files?

[edit] Oh, you were talking to the.....other Snapple... :'[

Conti

Smash Ace
Hiya, Diddy and a couple other characters have a small amount of really good texture hacks, other than the heartless diddy, i personally dont like any of them... Diddy's my main and idk im just lookin for more for em....

So here are my Request's... i've seen sports fan diddys... and Well i like the Color Purple and i like the Minnasota Vikings [Im not super into sports but i do like football and im into their Running back, "Adrian Peterson" #28], in football, so if someone could make a mini texture hack of a viking's Jersey on diddy... just maybe putting A Viking's Symbol on his Hat, maybe on the front of his shirt with the number [not that big]... and on his back to have maybe "A. Peterson" Up top, with a Big Number 28... and change Diddy's Fur to a Cool Black

Here's a Pic of him... http://www.dailypilot.com/dailyblogger/svirgen/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/apphoto.jpg

And the Jersey... http://www.nfldream.net/images/products/jerseys/905656.jpg

and here's the viking Symbol... http://www.insidesocal.com/yucaipanow/Vikings3.jpg

If someone could do this ill love u... i have another request but im being rush'd off the computer and will edit later... thanks

mofo_

Smash Ace
did you post it on the AiB thread? im sure that guy would do it for you conti

@McSnapple , file patch does CSPs/BPs and you compile them into a pac ( i think common5.pac correct me if i am wrong ) im sure you can use brawlbox or other tools around here, just search for a guide

@Snapple lol thats a kewl idea

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
-_- file patch code..

@Olimario...someone made a Clocktown on battlefield like you wanted to...o_O
Who was it............

I shall hunt them down and......do nothing. There's no point in complaining. I'll still make mine. I just want to see their's and compare.

EDIT: I found it, personally it's to bright to me. Mine will be darker, to fit the theme of Majora's Mask.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Who was it............

I shall hunt them down and......do nothing. There's no point in complaining. I'll still make mine. I just want to see their's and compare.

EDIT: I found it, personally it's to bright to me. Mine will be darker, to fit the theme of Majora's Mask.
Dude.. I want that.........

Conti

Smash Ace
So anyone wanna do that Diddy Texture for me? It really dosent seem that hard, i would do it myself but i dont have my own computer to do it on and im not allowed to download stuff on this computer... if anything ill figure it out at my friend's on his pc but id rather let a "pro" do it :D

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Did somone make a Dark Bowser texture from Bowser's Inside Story? That'd be a great Bowser texture hack and one of the best alternate color schemes Bowser's had if someone hasn't.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^That texture has been made by numerous people. Check the kittycorp gallery, stacksmash, or maybe ESH.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Did somone make a Dark Bowser texture from Bowser's Inside Story? That'd be a great Bowser texture hack and one of the best alternate color schemes Bowser's had if someone hasn't.
Register made one before I did my version. However, my version was named Shadow Bowser, which was the original name for Dark Bowser.

My version of the said texture

Register's version (behind Pako's Shadow Mario texture)

There's also a Giga Bowser variation of Dark Bowser, which was also made by Register. My version came long after his version.

My version of the said texture

Register's version (far left)

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone make a shiny pikachu texture with the green bandana? I have shinies skin for all of my other pokemon, but since pikachu only has 4 slots.... i couldn't find a place for it without having it interfere with the team colors slots.

Mit

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if anybody's managed to get rid of that red-tint on Sonic's shoes, to allow for a Shadow texture to have a white surface on his shoes?

It seems like it's the cause of some shiny effect being laid over it, which looks similar to an effect people have applied to non-shiny textures. If it could be removed from his shoes, perhaps they wouldn't have that red-tint to them anymore?

Oh, and how looked down upon is it to release edits of other people's textures? O.o

I'm currently editing Lexx's Yoshi's Island Night texture. It's a relatively large overhaul, and I plan on giving plenty of credit when I release it.

EDIT2: I finished it :O

This is a remix of Lexx's Yoshi's Island Night V3. I changed a bunch of things (almost everything, actually, but a lot of changes were very subtle), remade his star to look a little more crayon-like, added the Shy Guys and duckbird things back in, and overall tried to make everything blend well across all the seasons.

Anyhow, here's the download with some pics:

Yoshi's Island Night (Mit Mix)

Hope you like it :)

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Can anyone make a shiny pikachu texture with the green bandana? I have shinies skin for all of my other pokemon, but since pikachu only has 4 slots.... i couldn't find a place for it without having it interfere with the team colors slots.
I believe these "shiny textures" you call are just emerald textures.

Shadrio

Smash Cadet
Hey guys (I was the guy from the other, closed down thread asking about how to get texture swaps and BBrawl into one .gct). I finally made BBrawl and the texture swaps work (except for a few things missing, still checking what they are, but so far nothing big, only the limitless camera movement during pausing). I thank anyone who helped me with that.

Now onto 2 more small things I wanted to know:

a) How do those ".tga"s work and where do you put them?
b) A lot of people have made effect changes to certain attacks, like Link's Sword's swipe turn Green, which works perfectly with Link's Zero texture swap (Megaman X). I was wondering if it is possible to make one effect be for only a certain texture, like a Dark Metaknight with a Red Sword having a Red Slash Effect while the other Metaknights have normal colored Slash Effects, or is it the same as Bowser Giga Transformation, one Giga Bowser texture Swap for all previous Bowsers?

Top Bottom