• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

Mit

Smash Ace
How about the MK texture, same video?
I investigated that one as well.

It's by Dancingroundtheworld, a newer addition to StackSmash's texture hack team (he goes by the name Lexx on StackSmash, if you search videos for Dancingroundtheworld you'll find a lot of videos of his textures, including that Meta Knight texture, which he calls Blue Meta Knight or something). He has a lot of textures available for download here, but the Meta Knight one is not available (although he has some kickass Yoshi's Island textures).

It looks like he is also someone who needs to be badgered for that Meta Knight texture, unless someone can find it.

highfive

Smash Lord
Earth Hawk Meta Knight

Ah! A new MK texture! I liked this one since there aren't many brown MK textures (none that I've seen.) And I just wanted to show that brown can look good on anything. Feel free to edit and use at will. Please don't steal.

Download at Kitty Corp

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Hahaha, the plot thickens.

Now someone who knows BlazingKatakiri needs to contact him :O
Ironic considering I talk to him every day, and me, him, NinjaLink and TKO usually hang out in the same chat :laugh: I'll ask him

How about the MK texture, same video?
If that's by Lexx as Mit says, I'll ask him as well, since my friend Seagullman knows him

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
How do I get pictures to show up in my post? I'm going to be posting a texture either tonight or tommorow and I want the pictures to be visible instead of a link.

@mofo - In case you were wondering, I didn't forget about the Majora's Mask Fairy Fountain texture, I'm just trying to think of how to make it different. Just letting you know.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
I can't give you the CSPs you want, but I can do this:

Link

Pokémon Trainer

I'll fix them as I learn more and time passes by.

Did I do something wrong with Dark Link? His pants don't seem right to me. (not the tunic, the leggings.)

mofo_

Smash Ace
@olimario : take all the time you need

@devilkiller yeah dark link looks weird his inside clothing is gray

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
isn't a dark link all black? skin, and every bit of fabric?

something like this is more "dark".

<- you gotta admit he does look pretty bad ***.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, he does look bad***. Too bad Brawl just had to give him 'realistic clothing.' That's why I'm going with only a partial Dark Link.

Would this be better?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
yeah it much darker now. but i like mine much more :)

reminds me of a more evil version of ganon.

mofo_

Smash Ace
okay now dark link looks better, but i wouldnt use that as my CSP because pose is slightly too feminine for Link imo o_O idk it looks strange

@A17 now thats pretty badace lmao

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
i have textures for some characters, how come they don't show up ingame, but if i watch the replay, the textures show?? not all characters, but only some (fox, link i can think offhand)

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
@Clone Hat: Thanks
@mofo: Thank you for your patience.

This one took a while because I had to constantly flip pictures, get the sprites aligned, color and edit everything, blah blah blah...

Final Destination: Battle Against the Masked Man
http://www.mediafire.com/?tjqnzghwzi3

Hooray for Mother 3! (Also, I couldn't find a picture of the white ship so I had to make it myself). Also credits to BigSharkZ for making his picture of Claus's Death (I hope he doesn't mind I put it in there). So just to let you know, if you see it, the picture is not mine, it's his. I got the sprites from The Spriters Resource.

mofo_

Smash Ace
wow a lot of background stuff lol

@patoons maybe you only have their .pac files? o_O ir those textures are messsed

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
This is my first custom texture. Feedback plz kthnx.

I flipped the eyes 180 degrees.

Flipped the closed eyes. :)

Triforce on pimp hat. I also textured the ribbon and the felt very well.

Final smash vision o.O

mofo_

Smash Ace
@sonickupo nice MK texture, at least for your 1st one it didnt get only one eye :p

@M-wuz-here lol the eyes are cool and its cute w/ the flipped eyes

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Mofo how do you make textures! I want to do that.
I'll help you out man so listen carefuly.

Get gimp. It's free and easy to use: http://www.gimp.org/
List of character pac files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQIYPMGK
ASH Texture Tool: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=37JZFKP0
Brawlbox: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238861
STEP 4: Two usable files are created; a .pac and a .pcs. Put them in the appropriate directory of your SD card and name them appropriately.

Also, mess around in brawlbox with them.

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
Winter Cliff (Texhack of Eternal Yoshi's Lakeside Cliff)

Download

For some reason, even though I changed the grass to snow, some parts are still green and yellow. :S Also, the mountains disappeared. (The second screenshot doesn't have the fixed sky as shown in the first screenshot.)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
lmao dude there were links to video tutorials in my post where i said nice sig ( but your sig is dumb and stupid!!!:mad: )

^wow very nice do other SSE Stages lol
gay chubby dating LMFAO.

Btw.. How do I USE texture hacks

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'll help you out man so listen carefuly.

Get gimp. It's free and easy to use: http://www.gimp.org/
List of character pac files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQIYPMGK
ASH Texture Tool: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=37JZFKP0
Brawlbox: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238861
STEP 4: Two usable files are created; a .pac and a .pcs. Put them in the appropriate directory of your SD card and name them appropriately.

Also, mess around in brawlbox with them.
Why can't I edit his cape

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
@sonickupo nice MK texture, at least for your 1st one it didnt get only one eye :p
Lol, thanks. I remember some people getting the 1-eye'd MK like by "accident". Is there a way to make MK have 1 eye or is this just a random occurrence?

Mit

Smash Ace
Smashville texture you guys been buggin about http://www.mediafire.com/?tj0zjkzg4zm

oh btw ninjalink and TKO are katakiri's friends
Hurrah!

Now for the blue MK texture. Someone's gotta have somethin.

Also, I like that SSE stage texture. There definitely needs to be more of those. SSE stages inherently all look similar, especially if they've got grass and stuff. There's definitely room to make them all look more unique.

Wonder if you can change the Shadow Bug stages to be a different color instead of pink.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Hurrah!

Now for the blue MK texture. Someone's gotta have somethin.
Funny you said that, since no one had a DL to it. I made a "copy" of it.

Obviously mines isn't as good. It's just something similar. :dizzy:

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
I gots another question.

Sometimes when I download a character texture it either:

1) Has an .rar extenstion, which I have to change to .pac or .pcs which ends up not working

2) Is a file

In both cases my textures dont work. How do I put them into the correct format so that they work?
RAR files are compressed to reduce their file size and make them easier to send over the internet, just like the more common .ZIP files. Think of them like boxes that contain normal files and folders inside of them.

WinRAR is a free program you can download which decompresses .RAR files, i.e. opens the box up to take out the files inside. The PAC and/or PCS for the texture hack should be inside the RAR files you've downloaded, you have to decompress them with WinRAR instead of changing their file extension.

I don't understand what you mean with #2 there. Can you be more specific about which file type it is?

Piks

Smash Journeyman
yay

I tried to make the textures of Roy more brawl-like. not that there's a noticeable difference, though, lol

Thanks FortWaffles for the hack.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What part of the pac file am i supposed to color for MK's shoulder pads?

Piks

Smash Journeyman
WOAH! How did you fix the hair!

This needs to go on the official Roy!
I didn't do the hair. (FortWaffles has a topic here for it)

He used the original Melee textures though, so basically I tried to redo them to make it more "authentic" for brawl.

Zephil

Smash Ace
Top Bottom