• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

LSDX

Wah!
I've been searching for the Spiderman and Symbiote Spiderman textures all around the net and the creator, DragonArts, has had his page on kittycorp's old forums 404'd. Does anyone know where I can find them, or if somebody could graciously upload them to megaupload, mediafire, etc. ?

Thank you.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
wat da bawlz
TL and MK textures are plentiful. I have 8 toon link textures that I like but only use 5 at a time (don't replace first one coz I want to play online.)

MK textures are also quite common.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Ok, fellas, hate to ask a question that might have already been asked, but how do you name a Kirby hat texture?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ok, fellas, hate to ask a question that might have already been asked, but how do you name a Kirby hat texture?
To answer your question, you name the Kirby Hat textures...

FitKirby[Fighter Name]00.pac

For Donkey Kong, Falco, Olimar, Jigglypuff, and Solid Snake, name the textures...

FitKirbyDonkey##.pac
FitKirbyFalco##.pac
FitKirbyPikmin##.pac
FitKirbyPurin##.pac
FitKirbySnake##.pac

Replace ## with 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, or 05.

All textures are stored in the directory...

[SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\kirby\

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Does anyone know where I can find the texture for the character icon/logo (like the gyro for ROB, the mushroom for mario, etc) that shows up during the match? i'm not sure if its the same one as the icon u see on the char select screen (i found those) but the thing is that I need to change the Smash Icon logo (the logo you see when playing a Alloy character.

refer to this video here:
i need to change the smash logo thats next to the red alloy battle portrait

mofo_

Smash Ace
theres codes that change the insignia , unless you wanna make your own then idk how youd go about doing that

@McSnapple dragonarts has a page on the new forums

Kafgei said:
wat da bawlz
lmao i got infracted for that post

Kaffei

Smash Hero
theres codes that change the insignia , unless you wanna make your own then idk how youd go about doing that

@McSnapple dragonarts has a page on the new forums

lmao i got infracted for that post
So did I, but we're not really supposed to be doing that in this thread, so lol

TL and MK textures are plentiful. I have 8 toon link textures that I like but only use 5 at a time (don't replace first one coz I want to play online.)

MK textures are also quite common.
I'm looking fot the uh.. It's like black and white TL.
Also, when I used the SD card texture hack stage builder gecko OS loader thingy, I tried to go to stages on regular brawl mode and it froze. ..

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
in my latest change to my common5pac all of my CSPs are garbeled. they still retain like the outline of the character, but the insides all messed up. on the results thread it looks fine though. some other textures on the CCSS look messed up, like controller icons and such.

any idea what i did wrong?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol yea i meant results screen

in my common5 i changed everything waluigi related - CSP, CBP, Battle Icon, Name, Selection Portrait
I think that's it...

I also had some custom CSPs from before but they were never a problem

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
wow a lot of background stuff lol

@patoons maybe you only have their .pac files? o_O ir those textures are messsed
i should have phrased my question better.... on wifi, sometimes my opponents' textures don't show in game but if i save the replay it shows. now, a lot of textures i have only the .pcs. can someone clarify what the .pac is for? i was under the impression it is needed for characters that change (zelda, pt, samus), but could it also be to properly show textures online? if so, how do i make a pac from a pcs??

last q, is there a way to add some more custom CSP for a few players without having to do the entire ASH process again?

mofo_

Smash Ace
.pac is needed for the different modes and some transforming characters, if you wanna see textures online get the .pac. it works in replay because youre not on wifi mode.

theres are various tools and programs on this board that will do CSPs

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
can you add portraits to a currently edited common5.pac? or i have to make a new one from scratch?

6HyPeR9

Smash Cadet
Anyone know where I can find the small csp's for when in brawls in a common5 via brawlbox?
or is not possible?

mofo_

Smash Ace
@icekirby; santapupff, nice lol there should be more xmas textures

@mit, i dont think its from a pack, but just textures/music that person liked...are there any specific textures youre interested in from there?

CakeNinja

Smash Rookie
Heya, I've been having this problem with my wii. I followed everything on your guide to the last step, and even read through it more than once. Ok, i get all my files on my sd card, put it in the wii, load, used cheat manager 0.2, activated codes, created gct, then loaded up newest gecko (1.9.3), and start the game. I know for sure that it said "cheats found. Applying" message. Going into brawl, chose my character with the texture hack i had, waited a minute for good luck. but when i get in..... no texture, just the plain, boring, old one. I even tried using gecko 1.07b but that froze on me every time i used it. I have the 4.2 update on my wii. Any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Hi there everyone, this is my first shot with editing textures and whatnot (besides just basic color or "edge?" edits.)

Guilmon

Gatomon

Click on pix to get full size. o.0' Let me know what you think/if you'd like me to upload them. I wasn't able to fully remove Charizard's wings, I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to remove his since they're part of his main body/polygon thing, but if anyone can say otherwise please let me know. :) Thanks!

mofo_

Smash Ace
knead moar innpho
[czechlist]
-correct region code?
-correct placement of pf folder and texture files?
-correct texture file?
-SD card is non SDHC?
-code correctly placed in code manager?
-are you using snapshot loader?

edit: wow nice digimanz lol make more
btw Growlmon(Bowser) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hrcsNnUDKg
Metalgreymon(Charizard) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TjwsrG6Sfs
Renamon and Beelzemon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q-a5nJ7ihE#t=4m0s

there are other digimon textures out there but there should be more!

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone link me to a GOOD guide on how to make Texture hacks?

When I search on Smashboards, all I get is a white screen that never loads anything.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Heya, I've been having this problem with my wii. I followed everything on your guide to the last step, and even read through it more than once. Ok, i get all my files on my sd card, put it in the wii, load, used cheat manager 0.2, activated codes, created gct, then loaded up newest gecko (1.9.3), and start the game. I know for sure that it said "cheats found. Applying" message. Going into brawl, chose my character with the texture hack i had, waited a minute for good luck. but when i get in..... no texture, just the plain, boring, old one. I even tried using gecko 1.07b but that froze on me every time i used it. I have the 4.2 update on my wii. Any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?
Are all of your character models custom, or were are only some of them? I had a similar problem, but it was just a matter of going through all the colors for my character in the selection process, since I only put in one or two custom textures.

Other than that, ah, I suppose just make sure everything's in the right spot, and saved as, like, FitPikachu01.pcs. I'm not very experienced, but those are just the simple/common mistakes.

-dUb-

Smash Cadet
So I replaced the csps in common5.pac using brawlbox and they work just fine, but when I gave the file to someone else, they don't show up. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom