• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I haven't seen either, but I've only seen A:TLA so that one was more emotionally damaging

curse M Night Shamolan threw all nine levels of hell and back, then back to hell again

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The thing I hated about Dragonball Z is that EVERYONE except Goku becomes useless by the end of the series.

Saiyan Saga: Oh, you know all those characters that you got attached to in Dragonball? Too bad, they're all dead! Oh, Krillin's still alive of all the original Z Fighters? We purposely did that. You mad?

Namek Saga: Piccolo and Gohan unlock their potential aaaaaaaaaaand they get owned... Vegeta's now a good guy and picking off the Ginyu Force? Well this is an interesting change of pa... and he's dead...

Android/Cell Saga: Oh, what's that? Vegeta's a super saiyan? Can't have him be too strong can we? *breaks arm* Oh, what's that? Piccolo is now the legendary Namekian warrior? Yeah, you know what would be cooler? Making him be useful for a handful of episodes. Yeah! Think Trucks shows a lot of promise? You really thought we were going to let this saga end without making yet another person completely obsolete? Oh you!

Buu Saga: Gohan's pretty cool right? Saved the world as a kid... I bet he has a lot of promise as an adu... OH GOD WHY? WHY?! WHY?!!!?! *sigh* Just write in Goku saving the world somehow...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@John- Lol I didn't even go to prom or any high school dance for that matter
You missed a lot of fun times. ;)

Truth be told, I only went to 3 dances/proms, and 2 of them were to hit on lots of females. ;)

Still kinda mad about one of them. I almost asked out this very smart and attractive girl but instead I took the easy path and asked out her seemingly less smart and less attractive friend, who, in turn, was a psychopath. Thank God I dumped her 8 days later.

But man, that girl I was talking about, she was fihnnneee in every aspect... except she thought prime Muhammed Ali was better than prime Roy Jones Jr. in regards to who was the best boxer. I'll never forgive her for thinking that, mostly because I am a huge Roy Jones Jr. fan. :laugh: (it's too bad he didn't retire long ago)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I only saw The Last Airbender. Was really bad as is, and that's with looking at it as its own story.

At least the Super Mario Bros. Movie kept the spirit of the series by adapting everything in a way that makes some remote sense.(minus Peach) Like Toads and Goombas being related via evolution.(it makes sense, really) The jumping power, bob-ombs, Yoshi. Even mentioning Wart was neat. It's not a great movie by any standards, but wasn't terrible at all. Good acting too.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
DB:E and the Last Airbender are 2 examples of why you don't use actual people as manga characters in movies.
Nah, both are examples of why you need good actors (not saying they were all bad actors, but the kid who played Aang should never act again), good directors, good writers, and good producers in order to make good movies. Neither of those movies had any of that (sans a few good actors here and there).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The lack of DBZ Abridged talk/mentions both impresses and disappoints me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Not to mention the controversy that is "racebending," at least in Avatar's case. Plenty of great Asian actors to pick from, and yet...

We'll not go there.

Smooth Criminal

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
To be honest, I'd rather have another Dragonball or Avatar movie than another CGI reboot of old cartoons. How did Alvin and the Chipmunks get 3 movies?!?!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The thing I hated about Dragonball Z is that EVERYONE except Goku becomes useless by the end of the series.
Well to be fair, Goku is basically the main protagonist of the Dragonball franchise, so it would make sense that he would generally get the focus. Though even I do admit that Goku does steal the spotlight a little too much. I mean, giving characters like Vegeta and Piccolo more victories under their belts wouldn't hurt. You know, something that shows that the others aren't so reliant on Goku.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, I thought The Last Airbender has a pretty good soundtrack. This song was actually really memorable to me (4:00 - 5:30 I thought was really beautiful, especially with the scene going on):

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I know this has already been hinted at, but my God I hated the way Gohan was turned into a sissy from the Buu saga on (sans his one fight with Super Buu).
The lack of DBZ Abridged talk/mentions both impresses and disappoints me.
The DBZ Abridged guys have said many things we've said now. Also, we've said stuff like "DODGE!!!," made fun of Krillin A LOTTT, made fun of Yamcha somehow more than Krillin (and that somehow being him always being the weakest "fighter"), Vegeta stealing Yamcha's woman, and Goku being a terrible parent to Gohan.
Not to mention the controversy that is "racebending," at least in Avatar's case. Plenty of great Asian actors to pick from, and yet...

We'll not go there.
M. Night Shamwow has always done that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ghost Nappa! :troll:
Not gonna lie, I have that on my Project M on the Wario Ware stage, and it is amazing.
Food is cheap as hell to make. It's too bad we don't farm more and pay farmers not to farm or do anything like that. Still, our food should have stricter qualifications (in America, like what is similarly the case with other 1st world countries). If you don't agree with that, read stuff like this, and then re-consider your opinion.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well to be fair, Goku is basically the main protagonist of the Dragonball franchise, so it would make sense that he would generally get the focus. Though even I do admit that Goku does steal the spotlight a little too much. I mean, giving characters like Vegeta and Piccolo more victories under their belts wouldn't hurt. You know, something that shows that the others aren't so reliant on Goku.
True but at least in Dragonball Goku did things like, well, lose. Even though Goku was the main focus of Dragonball it was still evident that everybody played a role in the big victories of the series. Hell, even Yajirobe has his moments. You know, the guy that was essentially a mix of a samurai and the stoner that works the register at your local Jimmy Johns? That guy was useful from time to time. Good Lord, even background noise characters like Oolong and Puar got in on the action... Dragonball Z basically just turned the whole cast of Dragonball into Goku's fan club. Also, I don't care whose sensibilities I disturb, but the fact Akira Toriyama originally planned to have Gohan beat Buu until the fans overwhelmingly demanded that it should be Goku is living proof that sometimes fanbases need to enjoy a nice tall glass of shut the **** up.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The man wanted to end the series after Namek, FMOI, and the fanbase cried foul. Go figure.

*ignores Monk's post about welfare, and the line at the end of the article that pleads for donations.* :troll:

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
True but at least in Dragonball Goku did things like, well, lose. Even though Goku was the main focus of Dragonball it was still evident that everybody played a role in the big victories of the series. Hell, even Yajirobe has his moments. You know, the guy that was essentially a mix of a samurai and the stoner that works the register at your local Jimmy Johns? That guy was useful from time to time. Good Lord, even background noise characters like Oolong and Puar got in on the action... Dragonball Z basically just turned the whole cast of Dragonball into Goku's fan club. Also, I don't care whose sensibilities I disturb, but the fact Akira Toriyama originally planned to have Gohan beat Buu until the fans overwhelmingly demanded that it should be Goku is living proof that sometimes fanbases need to enjoy a nice tall glass of shut the **** up.
On top of that, the lack of Super Saiyan 3 Gohan was severely disappointing. Could you image how much more awesome the Kid Buu fight (which was pretty rushed) would have been if he fought SSJ3 Goku, beat him, fought Maijin Buu, beat him, fought SSJ3 Gotenks, beat him, and then fought SSJ3 Gohan and/or Vegeta, and then lost to SSJ3 Gohan=???

It could have potentially been spectacular, and it would have made Trunks, Goten, Majin Buu, Uub, Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan all relevant characters that could all potentially end up as "the best" character. I mean, how could would that be=???

I know that by then Piccolo, Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Krill, and Master Roshi were all worthless fighters by then, but at least having more than 1 guy who can stand up to the big baddie would have made Dragon Ball GT so much more interesting.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

I love that one of Goku's cries in one of the DBZ games is "IF I DON'T WHO WILL!?"

No one will Goku, it's obvious the earth should have been destroyed by now.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

We'll not go there.

Smooth Criminal
When White People complain about African actors being cast in White/Anglo/European roles (Dolphin Tale, Thor) people say "Oh shut up, why does it matter? it's just a movie."

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just finished owning people in the BRoom thread in preparation for our mafia game

(BRoom members: GET ON THAT, JOIN UP, AND LET'S DO THIS THING!!!).

Now, it is time for THE CHAMP to go back to owning you fools...

...and letting all of you know...

...that I AM THE KING OF THIS RING, and I AM FOREVER THE UNDISPUTED RIDLEY SMASH WORLD CHAMPION!!!!

THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT...
MORE THAN ALRIGHT...
...GONNA BE THE BEST TONIGHT...
...ALL OF OUR FOES WE WILL SMITE!!!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I refuse to watch One Piece because I'm friends with Oasis.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
When White People complain about African actors being cast in White roles (Dolphin Tale, Thor) people say "Oh shut up, it's just a movie." :rolleyes:
*shrugs.* Take from my comment what you will. It was godawful typecasting; hem and haw all you want about postracial ideology and the intent of the director, it was a ****ing blunder on all levels.

Smooth Criminal

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
"Say hi to people in Jersey for me" is what always eliminates my sides; more than the poor voicework itself.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Seriously. Dragon Ball was too Goku-centered, but man, DBZ took it to another level, and DBGT took it to a ridiculous level.
GT was just plain bad, like, walking in on your dad trying on negligee bad. The series had an absurd amount of potential but they absolutely squandered all of it. Seriously, how on Earth did they screw up the Hell Saga? Every Dragonball villain has suddenly come back to life... that creates a million awesome story ideas on its own and yet they went with none of them. Pan could have been cool and so could have been Trunks but, as you said, Goku took over everything and made everybody useless in comparison. In DBZ, they at least gave some of the lesser characters moments of coolness like when Krillin stands up to Frieza or when Tien stalls Cell by repeatedly driving him into the ground with the tribeam force but they spared those to absolutely no one in GT.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Stop being racist guys. I'm sick of it.

GT was just plain bad, like, walking in on your dad trying on negligee bad.
It also pisses me off that females can't go Super Sand Lesbian. Thanks GT.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have you guys finished teh conversation about pokemon mating since I was at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom