• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I agree. I really don't think we have enough concrete confirmed content yet to validate creating a new sub-forum, but I suppose it will be helpful in separating different topics.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Keeping my eye on this place for sure.
Hyped for Namco being a big part of the dev team, maybe we'll see SSB4 moving back towards Melee-like gameplay again.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't see this coming, especially so soon, could have given us a warning. :p

At least people can't complain about the thread length anymore.

@Neon: Speak for yourself. ;)

Now is the time that I get to work on my plan that I hope will help out SWF a lot in the coming months.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I agree. I really don't think we have enough concrete confirmed content yet to validate creating a new sub-forum, but I suppose it will be helpful in separating different topics.
But the game is confirmed, which is enough....I really hated the SSB4 thread...it was crammed....now I can discuss Ike with no problems.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Same here. I didn't expect seeing the thread suddenly closed when I refreshed my page. :laugh:

Ah well. Guess it WAS bound to happen eventually anyway.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But the game is confirmed, which is enough....I really hated the SSB4 thread...it was crammed....now I can discuss Ike with no problems.
Well by that logic we should've had it since last year (which maybe we should've...) :smirk:

Anyway, I'm quickly coming around on the new layout even if it was unexpected and still possibly unwarranted. Although now it might be harder to be off-topic. :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
First page.

Glad to see this finally got a forum.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well by that logic we should've had it since last year (which maybe we should've...) :smirk:

Anyway, I'm quickly coming around on the new layout even if it was unexpected and still possibly unwarranted. Although now it might be harder to be off-topic. :awesome:
You could always go to the Derp section in the Backroom... :awesome:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

But now we know Sakurai is going to give us alot of updates because he stated he will give us updates as soon as he finish something solid to show...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But now we know Sakurai is going to give us alot of updates because he stated he will give us updates as soon as he finish something solid to show...
I still don't anticipate something "solid" to be shown for at least a few months. And I don't expect current updates (like daily DOJO updates) for a few months after that. Although who knows, with both Namco and Sora working on it, development might progress faster. Hopefully.

You could always go to the Derp section in the Backroom... :awesome:
I probably will. :troll:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Just the idea is already getting me quite hyped.
Hmm, should we expect an influx of members, or does that come later?
If it hasn't happened already, I guarantee that any info released by Sakurai concerning actual game content will certainly bring about a gathering of which hasn't been seen since I imagine was during the Brawl speculation threads from years back.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hmm, should we expect an influx of members, or does that come later?
Later, all I'm seeing now is what I'm supposing is the summer crowd lol.

But yeah, I'm very interested in what this Namco Bandai involvement will bring beyond new characters, I mean that's a given at this point. Also wondering the implications this has for the 3DS Smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm kind of confused which board here we are suppose to talk about what?

How do we separate character discussion and general really?

Most of the stuff IN the general discussion was about characters

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I call making the main Geno thread.

I think we can all agree about that

BSP

Smash Legend
Time to Argue all over again.
Isn't it great?

@Ndayday - Alrighty. Actually, I'm still worried about exactly how the 3DS connection is going to affect everything. I just hope they don't make it part of the game's core focus or anything.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it great?

@Ndayday - Alrighty. Actually, I'm still worried about exactly how the 3DS connection is going to affect everything. I just hope they don't make it part of the game's core focus or anything.
I'm sure the 3ds will be a sorta side thing who knows you'll probably be able to play in the same game as someone using a wiiu

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't it great?

I'm still guessing it's going to be a Mario Tennis GBA kind of deal

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I don't see them using it as a core part of the game, especially since they have the asymmetric gameplay with the gamepad already as an option.

edit: by game I mean the console version

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure which interview by I'm fairly certain sakurai said he'd try and focus on interconnectivity with the 3ds

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok good.

Also, footstooling

I think they should be tech-able in SSB4 when you hit the ground. The air version spike is fine, but not having the tech option for the ground is brutal imo.

And no RCO lag, please.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I don't see them using it as a core part of the game, especially since they have the asymmetric gameplay with the gamepad already as an option.

edit: by game I mean the console version
IIRC Sakurai twitted the other day/week, that he doesn't have any final ideas yet, but he'd want to make the connectivity somehow related to the core gameplay of both versions.

Edit: Or was it in some interview, like said above? Can't remember.

Get Low

Smash Ace
You know what I just realized? If Namco is helping to produce Smash 4, there's a chance that this game will receive periodic patches and stuff like that, since Namco actually cares about the competitive scene for its fighting games (Tekken, SoulCalibur).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Woaah, I thought first our last thread was closed due too much off-topic. But seems like not.

Yes, this is where the real battle begins. Glad we made it this far!

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
the thought of namco working on this has brought my hype meter for this game up again slightly.

namco much like another said seems to really care for its competitive scene, as well as has no problems including patches into their games.

so not only are we having a developer who has much more experience in making fighting games working on the next smash (which means the balance issues are probably gonna be seriously looked at with the new one right from the start), we're having one that seems to actually care about competitive depth in their games.

.......you know i kinda wonder if sakurai has seriously payed attention to all the backlash brawl received...I have a feeling this might of been brought on due to that.

In some ways i'ma starting to feel kinda bad for the guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom