• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Still not as bad as how strong everyone got in the Namek Saga. Seriously, Gohan went from like a 5,000 power level to like at least 3,000,000... from about a month of fighting/training. Wow.
Lol you mean Goku?

And yeah I never really understood how power levels worked in DBZ

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Nah GT had its moments

Namely the ending, especially the last moment Goku had with Krillin and Master Roshi

It pretty much ****ed everything else up though

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
IIRC the Dragon Ball creator pretty much said that power levels were mentioned to be pointless. To show they don't matter and that anyone could win really.

Obviously, a lot of people don't see it this way.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I know all of you will probably destroy me for saying this, but I kind of like GT
There are some concepts it had that honestly could've worked if they were executed a little better or even had been stand-alones instead of part of GT.

Unfortunately...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You know what weird thing I learned recently? Pterodactyls aren't considered dinosaurs by Mr. Science.

Whattttt.
I actually posted this in the Ridley thread a while back. Specifically to correct someone calling him a space pterodactyl/dinosaur.

MY BRAWL DISC IS MISSING.
Hello me for the past 14 months. Funny enough, I not only bought a new one last month, I ended up finding the old one, too.

Now my house has TWO toastersBrawl discs.

I could swear you'd like Cherche more. A Strong axe-wielding maid that rides a dragon. Sort of fits you to a tee.
Opossum is best technician.png

Too much trap, not enough innocent blah blah blah
There's never enough trap. EVER.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*stops you there* Cloud was a perfectly competent and relatable character who could make jokes and take jokes and actually give a damn about people (Except for when he wanted to be a prick to make them plead) and didn't mope and whine all the time in FF7.
Even in FFVII he was still an inferior Terra.
Advent Children changed him into the whiny emo everyone knows and hates now.
No, they turned him into a bigger one. The prequel game on the PSP (I disliked it so much I blocked it out of my mind) did the same thing, too.
Oh, and I still like Sephy, but he's very easy to make fun of.
He's a very good villain, but he's not the all-time best video game villain like some people think he is.
If there's an FF character I've love to see in KH3 as a secret boss, though, it's Exdeath.
Kefka.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Maybe 17 started working out some more?
I don't get why they made Super 17; Super (double) Cell, Super 16 (who also was possibly still alive, and was reasonably stronger than 17), or Super 16/17/18 combo would have made much more sense.
Lol you mean Goku?

And yeah I never really understood how power levels worked in DBZ
Nah, Goku went from like a 30,00 power level (with Kao-Ken x5) in the Saiyan Saga end to like 10,00,000 or so against Frieza (with Kao-Ken x10)... before he turned Super Saiyan. Once he did that, his power level went up tenfold at least, straight up according to official sources.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
NO.

Kefka can't be in KH. They'd have to tone him down.

And you just CAN'T tone down Kefka. That would ruin the fun of his violent chaos.
Squeenix could make Kefka borderline mindless like they did in Dissidia.

>_>

On second thought, don't put Kefka in a bloody Kingdom Hearts game. Please.

Smooth Criminal

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hello me for the past 14 months. Funny enough, I not only bought a new one last month, I ended up finding the old one, too.

Now my house has TWO toastersBrawl discs.
I have a scratched up one and one I bought to replace the first one a couple months ago and I can't find either.
Give them back.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^ Geno would make a great magic-user in Kingdom Hearts. Plus it would be nice to see Square Enix finally use him for once.
NO.

Kefka can't be in KH. They'd have to tone him down.

And you just CAN'T tone down Kefka. That would ruin the fun of his violent chaos.
The only thing they would have to tone down is him essentially having hell and Jesus on the cross on his final form body.

Other than that, he could be just as crazy as he is in FFVI. He could just randomly appear and fight you, he could be really weak at first, and then! BAM! Over the top giant boss (like Xemnas in the end of KHI, but bigger, badder, and actually making sense).

Of course, the story, characters, and how they fit together and would have to be good in Kingdom Hearts, which has yet to happen in said series.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
IIRC the Dragon Ball creator pretty much said that power levels were mentioned to be pointless. To show they don't matter and that anyone could win really.

Obviously, a lot of people don't see it this way.
I like the way Dragon Ball handled it; we started with a few supernaturally powerful characters who were considerably stronger than the average human, to them basically becoming superhuman with a few magical powers, to them becoming something of unstoppable to all forms of technology with lots of magical-esk powers, to them being demi-Gods who can fly and do pretty much unlimited forms of superhuman powers. Everything power-level wise was a gradual things.

But no, in Dragon Ball Z, it went from "hey, we got vehicles that can drive as fast as you can fly" to "I can blow up the world without breaking a sweat" from one saga to the next.

Oh, and unlike Dragon Ball, the jump from the Saiyan to Namek saga was a mere month or two, instead of say a few year gap between the major sagas in Dragon Ball. But hey, at least the jump in power levels from then on made sense, as there were larger times gaps (although the insane power level boosts via the Hyperbolic Time Chamber in the Android Saga still was too big of a jump).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...no, John. No. I mean, imagery/iconoclasm is part of it, but Kefka is a raging psychopath that wants to destroy everything. He's nihilism incarnate at the height of his power (and, concurrently, his character). I challenge you to try and put elements of that into a game like Kingdom Hearts without deprecating his essence as a character.

Smooth Criminal

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I must be the only person who understands how the story actually fits together very well in KH when you have all the pieces together...

...but despite that, still thinks it's complete bull**** and needlessly convoluted as hell to explain it all, let along understand it. XD

Though for people who aren't like me, GameTrailers' KH Timeline video did a damn fine job.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...no, John. No. I mean, imagery/iconoclasm is part of it, but Kefka is a raging psychopath that wants to destroy everything. He's nihilism incarnate at the height of his power (and, concurrently, his character). I challenge you to try and put elements of that into a game like Kingdom Hearts.

Smooth Criminal
Although I agree with you...uh...

Master Xehanort?

I love the way Dragon Ball handled everything

BTW, the best fight in DBZ IMO is the Piccolo vs 17 fight
Absolutely agreed. The main reason this is the case is because it's the only fight where the two people are actually 100% evenly matched. It ended up coming down to their wits and the way they used their attacks instead of just "lolkamegalicsenkobombKOIwin"

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
BTW, the best fight in DBZ IMO is the Piccolo vs 17 fight
Nah, dude. Perfect Cell vs. Goku (before Goku decided to go into full-on dumbass mode and retire from the fight for that pansy first son of his). Instant Transmission to Kamehameha was ****ing genius. Not only that, but the kind of speed and agility showcased in that fight when the ring was still around....ashfshhlkhadkhgldfhgf. I also loved the way Goku kept flipping out of the way when Cell was pressuring him on the edge. Godlike (and Spider-Man like).

*looks up at Wave.*

Good call on Xehanort, bro. Still, though. Kefka, in my eyes, is arguably more ****ed up.

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...no, John. No. I mean, imagery/iconoclasm is part of it, but Kefka is a raging psychopath that wants to destroy everything. He's nihilism incarnate at the height of his power (and, concurrently, his character). I challenge you to try and put elements of that into a game like Kingdom Hearts without deprecating his essence as a character.
Kingdom Hearts games are rated T for Teen right=???

How could he not work that way=??? All you gotta do is take the Jesus on the Cross off of Kefka (like they did in the GBA FFVI release and all subsequent re-releases of FFVI), the bloody murder, and anything that is gory or flat out psychopathic to that level out, and you're good. All the other psychopathic stuff is worthy of being kept.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I must be the only person who understands how the story actually fits together very well in KH when you have all the pieces together...

...but despite that, still thinks it's complete bull**** and needlessly convoluted as hell to explain it all, let along understand it. XD

Though for people who aren't like me, GameTrailers' KH Timeline video did a damn fine job.
I didn't have a single clue about what the hell was going on unti Ik watched GT's Timeline special on it.
(Get comfortable if you want to watch this..)
http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/g84vkz/timeline-kingdom-hearts

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Absolutely agreed. The main reason this is the case is because it's the only fight where the two people are actually 100% evenly matched. It ended up coming down to their wits and the way they used their attacks instead of just "lolkamegalicsenkobombKOIwin"
Exactly

Fights where the two are on par with each other are always the best fights

That's what I always hated about a lot of shounen action anime, is that the majority of fights are just glorified curbstomps

Oh yeah, and the face off Piccolo and 17 had before the fight was the most badass scene I've ever seen from DBZ

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I am oddly prepared for this.

Dear ****, this lag doesn't let me do anything. Every time I think I'm caught up on this thread, another page appears.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Kingdom Hearts games are rated T for Teen right=???

How could he not work that way=??? All you gotta do is take the Jesus on the Cross off of Kefka (like they did in the GBA FFVI release and all subsequent re-releases of FFVI), the bloody murder, and anything that is gory or flat out psychopathic to that level out, and you're good. All the other psychopathic stuff is worthy of being kept.

"I'm afraid the mouse is SMACK--dab in the middle of enemy territory."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Zarbon v Vegeta is dah bess.

Blegh, the older I get, the less I like DBZ. So... blegh.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nah, dude. Perfect Cell vs. Goku (before Goku decided to go into full-on ******* mode and retire from the fight for that pansy first son of his). Instant Transmission to Kamehameha was ****ing genius. Not only that, but the kind of speed and agility showcased in that fight when the ring was still around....ashfshhlkhadkhgldfhgf. I love the way Goku kept flipping out of the way when Cell was pressuring him on the edge. Godlike (and Spider-Man like).

Smooth Criminal
Honestly, I can agree with this too. And although it's filler, I liked the Goku vs Pikkon fight.

Yes, Pikkon was essentially "NotPiccolo", but it really was an intense match-up between it two. It could've down either way.

Although it pissed me off that Goku couldn't comprehend the simple act of moving to the side to avoid the Thunder Flash Attack. Or in the words of Piccolo himself:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nah, dude. Perfect Cell vs. Goku (before Goku decided to go into full-on ******* mode and retire from the fight for that pansy first son of his). Instant Transmission to Kamehameha was ****ing genius. Not only that, but the kind of speed and agility showcased in that fight when the ring was still around....ashfshhlkhadkhgldfhgf. I also loved the way Goku kept flipping out of the way when Cell was pressuring him on the edge. Godlike (and Spider-Man like).
Goku, Krillin, and Gohan vs. Vegeta was the best Dragon Ball franchise fight IMO. The way they all beat each other down from demi-Gods to ridiculously power to superhuman to basically Red Ribbon Saga Goku power leveld fighters was awesome.

I only wish the ending was so ridiculous (Ape Gohan crushing Vegeta while he transforms back into a human), and that the Krillin and Gohan vs. Vegeta fight lasted longer to where both all of them were barely able to move (and Yajurobie got knocked out) was how it ended. I also think Krillin being the guy to win the fight would be a nice touch. Honestly, Krillin, Tien, Piccolo, and Vegeta staying relevant would have been a nicer touch.

It would've be nice if at least 3 characters per saga weren't made into totally disposable characters. Tien made into such a weakling so fast in DBZ was a joke.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Nah, dude. Perfect Cell vs. Goku (before Goku decided to go into full-on ******* mode and retire from the fight for that pansy first son of his). Instant Transmission to Kamehameha was ****ing genius. Not only that, but the kind of speed and agility showcased in that fight when the ring was still around....ashfshhlkhadkhgldfhgf. I love the way Goku kept flipping out of the way when Cell was pressuring him on the edge. Godlike (and Spider-Man like).
Cell's reaction to Goku's Instant Kamehameha Wave for me made that entire scene

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Which is why killing off Sora, Riku, and Kyrie (or just giving them their 3-way relationship crap and having some weird 3 way kid via Sora that is the next main protagonist) is the way to go. With them and Xehonort out of the story, and with all the Birth by Sleep characters out of the way, there's not a lot of confusion left going forward.
I did that with the KH: Chain of Memories story, and afterwards I was like "well that still makes no sense to me." :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom