• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm gonna be cynical and say a demo is super unlikely, because aren't those released only a couple months before release? It would certainly be amazing and hype building, however.

Direct soon = yes please.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm gonna be cynical and say a demo is super unlikely, because aren't those released only a couple months before release? It would certainly be amazing and hype building, however.

Direct soon = yes please.
Usually, yes, but it would make sense to have a pretty early Smash Demo. Smash Bros is one of their biggest games, and a Demo would certanly add to the massive hype. Plus, they are being very serious about balancing this one, so having a Demo could help a Little at that as well.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I take it I haven't missed much over the last several pages barring GameXplain and the fact that everyone is pointing out the obvious for a Direct soon?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That thing Sakurai said about not bringing everyone back doesn't specify Brawl, but all of Smash.

Clearly he was referring to all the characters that have been in Smash Bros the series, not just Brawl. Not that we were expecting Young Link or Dr Mario back anyway.

I still want my damn Pichu though!

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
The only game that Ridley has in this villain deal is Metroid 1 (at least, on the 3DS, anyway), where Mother Brain could've been chosen as well, since it's the final boss.

Then again, Ridley is much more prominent than Mother Brain, so yeah, don't read into it too much.
On the Wii U its Metroid and Super Metroid

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
That thing Sakurai said about not bringing everyone back doesn't specify Brawl, but all of Smash.

Clearly he was referring to all the characters that have been in Smash Bros the series, not just Brawl. Not that we were expecting Young Link or Dr Mario back anyway.

I still want my damn Pichu though!
Yea people have been making that assumption that he meant Brawl a lot, he's talking about all 3 past games, original 12 are safe from what he's said before meaning any leaks mentioning one of them cut is going against the dev team
I'm sure Mewtwo will come back, Roy I'm not fussed on, Young Link I'd love to see be the new PT with masks so he wouldn't be a clone but 3 Links might be overkill even if they are 'technically' different people (but correct me if I'm wrong I recall a leak/rumour about a 'Masked Link')??

T

Trick or Treat

Yea people have been making that assumption that he meant Brawl a lot, he's talking about all 3 past games, original 12 are safe from what he's said before meaning any leaks mentioning one of them cut is going against the dev team
I'm sure Mewtwo will come back, Roy I'm not fussed on, Young Link I'd love to see be the new PT with masks so he wouldn't be a clone but 3 Links might be overkill even if they are 'technically' different people (but correct me if I'm wrong I recall a leak/rumour about a 'Masked Link')??
When exactly did he say the original 12 are safe?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
When exactly did he say the original 12 are safe?
I think it's a safe assumption. The only character I could see up for the axe is Jiggs because Pokemon is so well represented.

I doubt Ike will be returning because, like Roy, he's no longer relevant because he's no longer the current FE lord. The pattern I expect to see will be Marth+whoever the current lord is because that makes sense for promoting FE while honoring its roots.

I could be wrong, but cast doubt on any leak that slates Ike as returning for that reason.

There are other characters who could be axed as well, but I see Ike as the most likely because he is LITERALLY obsolete.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
On the Wii U shop, it says 'Villains have over taken the shop!'

The villains featured are:
Bowser
Ganondorf
Wario
Dr. Wily
and
Ridley

So, Ridley is definitely not forgotten about and seems to be treated better than other Nintendo villains... Pls Ridley, this time pls.
I think that the E3 will feature the villains/ semi-villains of smash bros. As veterans, is really likely that they will show Ganondorf, Wario, Meta Knight and Wolf. And almost every one here agree that Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo are E3 stuff. Imagine all this guys featured in a trailer plus Bowser and Dedede, against Mario, Kirby, Link, Fox, Samus, Donkey Kong and Pokémon Trainer. Would be amazing, and would take lot of attention.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is as close to a "shoo-in" as anyone could be IMO. Especially with the exposure he got in X/Y (2 mega evolutions for crying out loud).

I think Roy is the only way we'd get 3 FE characters, maybe if they wanted to pad out the roster with a few clones or potential DLC I guess. Obviously he's quite highly requested due to his appearance in Melee, and he's one of the 3 FE characters who is known outside of the FE series so he has a more widespread appeal than the average FE character (as their games don't sell much more than 1m typically). Ike is still one of the most popular FE characters and with that new Wii U game appearing to have nearly all the FE characters in it (including Marth, Roy and Ike) I'd say expecting anyone else from FE is probably a recipe for disappointment.

I'd love Young "masked" Link in, he'd be awesome. But I don't think that's anywhere close to being likely unless Nintendo want him in to promote a Majora's Mask remake.

Realistically I don't expect anyone from Brawl to be cut unless they can't get Snake back due to licensing.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I doubt Ike will be returning because, like Roy, he's no longer relevant because he's no longer the current FE lord. The pattern I expect to see will be Marth+whoever the current lord is because that makes sense for promoting FE while honoring its roots.

I could be wrong, but cast doubt on any leak that slates Ike as returning for that reason.
The problem with that is that Roy was worked on for Brawl alongside Mewtwo and Doc, if only a little. So Roy clearly wasn't replaced, similar to how Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it's a safe assumption. The only character I could see up for the axe is Jiggs because Pokemon is so well represented.

There are other characters who could be axed as well, but I see Ike as the most likely because he is LITERALLY obsolete.
Ike is still relevant to Fire Emblem, though. There was an entire chapter in Awakening devoted to his legacy, which is more than any other past Lord sans Marth got.

But that's a bit off-topic for this thread.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Ike is still relevant to Fire Emblem, though. There was an entire chapter in Awakening devoted to his legacy, which is more than any other past Lord sans Marth got.

But that's a bit off-topic for this thread.
But, isn't that DLC?

OT: Any new leaks that provide proof?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But, isn't that DLC?

OT: Any new leaks that provide proof?
Nope. It's a Paralogue, not a Xenologue. It's Spotpass, but not paid DLC. You recruit a full character through its use.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

What a joke of a post.

Because they took out Roy and added Ike in brawl, they'll clearly do the same for every game right? Sakurai is obviously all about patterns and having no obsolete characters on the roster. Fire Emblem has like 13 games, don't know why people don't think it'll have 3 reps

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm pretty confident 90% of the leaks on the front page are fake.

I just read through them. I found them funny quite honestly.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Hopefully we have 3 reps for Fire Emblem with Marth, Chrom and Micaiah. So it's the FE Mascot +Most Recent Console protagonist and Hand Held protagonist.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Someone posted this on gamefaqs just now and it scared the living S*** out of me.:dizzy::eek:

http://www.smashbros.us/us/characters/nester.html

Yes, it's fake.
Oh yeah. I remember this guy. He's from Nester's Funky Bowling for the Virtual Boy. And I know this pic is a fake, but my god, does the character model look abit creepy. But I will give the maker of the leaked pic credit. He put a lot of effort, compared to alot of leaked pics I have seen.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Nester actually originated in a series of comics that ran in Nintendo Power back in the late 80's-early 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom